673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
iridescence
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 21:57:38 GMT
nina larson Avatar
a chance pairing (or perhaps not so much) with jessica in the icy caves had gained her a friend in rocket, and in ’s gang. of what little nina knew about jessie was her affinity for ice and fairy types—some of nina’s favorites. she’d gravitated, craving knowledge and someone to learn with.

”vulpix, ICE BEAM!”

with a soft but determined coo, the fox’s maw cracked, and from it biting cold shot across the sand, ripping up sediment and sending it exploding into the nearby water. it was their strongest attack yet, aimed straight at whoever jessie had decided to bring along to train that day.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
iridescence
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 0:44:43 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie's ALCREMIE looked like it could get blown away by the wind, clearly not paying attention to her surroundings. She had never worked with this Pokemon before, as it was a recent grab, so it seemed time was in order.

"Hey, hey! Remember, you're in a battle right now," Jessie reminded the whipped cream creature from the side, pointing where Nina's Vulpix was rearing to attack.

The ICE BEAM shot at her and hit, to no surprise. The Pokemon let out a whine before looking at Jessie. She sighed.

"It's okay. I promise, it's just training. Now, use DAZZLING GLEAM. Show Nina what you got."

The Alcremie, begrudgingly, complied, sending sparkles into the air before a flash of light was emitted toward the Vulpix.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
iridescence
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 20:10:06 GMT
nina larson Avatar
there was no visible attempt to dodge at the other end, and nina’s hand came over her mouth when the beam hit them straight-on. ”sorry!” she hollered—but it must not have hurt too bad, considering all they’d gotten out of it was a whine from the alcremie.

they’d just need to train harder.

”good job, vulpix!” she had to think of a better name. maybe that would be motivating, and inspire stronger attacks.

the sparkles came toward them. dazzling gleam... maybe blotting it out would work. ”mist!” but it was too late for her fox to react. the light was blinding, and nina threw an arm up.

but as it expanded, it was clear that what was happening was more than just alcremie’s dazzling gleam. as a space-time distortion opened up, energy crackled in a multitude of colors, shimmering with the fairy energy it reflected back. it expanded, threatening to pull them in.

”jessie? what is that?!”

still blinking away the light, nina stumbled back from strange shapes. vulpix ran, but it was no use. the bubble would consume all of them.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
iridescence
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 22:37:54 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie couldn't help but laugh, shaking her head and her hands at Nina.

"Don't worry! She needs to learn. Give her all you got!"

She watched the DAZZLING GLEAM with narrowed eyes, shielding her face with her hand. But it didn't look right. Something was off, and she knew that Nina sensed it too when she called out.

"I... I have no idea. That's not a dazzling gleam."

But the bubble grew wider. Jessie's Alcremie let out a distressed cry, hugging onto her trainer's legs as she stooped down to pick her up.

"Run, Nina-"

But she was pulled in before she could finish the thought.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
iridescence
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 3:55:58 GMT
nina larson Avatar
it was as though reality were layers of fabric stretched thin and sliced through, fraying. the edges of space blew in the wind. elements were let in. snow, when it had been spring on the beach. she coughed, choking on the cold.

”jessie?!” she called out again, looking around in a world of white. she had never seen anything like it before.

then, she realized. oh, god. this is what those people in line at the cafe had been on about.

she turned, looking to find vulpix there with relief. words muffled through her sleeve, she urged, ”come on. we have to find her.”

through the blinding snowstorm, they looked for their friends, calling out.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
iridescence
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 19:28:24 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie felt a brief flash of pain, and then the world went black.

In her mind, she remembered the heat. The world of hellfire, threatening to burn her alive. The flames were coming after her, the HEATRAN was screaming. The drum played rhythmically behind it.

stood above her with a wicked smile, knife in hand as he leaned down and grabbed her throat.

"Pathetic. Worthless. Piece of shit, garbage, nothing-"

When she came to, Jessie found her Alcremie shivering beside her, pushing her arm and trying to wake her up. There seemed to be tears in her eyes, as though she thought her trainer had died. White surrounded them.

"It's okay- ow!"

She winced as her head felt like it was pounded, tacky with dried and frozen blood from where she had hit it. Standing slowly, she leaned against a tall rock until she could gather her bearings.

"C'mon. We have to get out of here."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
iridescence
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 6:03:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
“jessie?!” she continued to call. her voice felt small against the wind, struggling not to sputter at the force of it.

vulpix blended in with the snow, hopping along and looking more comfortable than her trainer. nina shivered, hugging herself tightly. she’d been dressed for the beach in spring.

they walked, seeing nothing, until suddenly the rock came into view through the storm. pink hair was bright behind snowflakes.

”jessie!” she hurried over, throwing a hand out to her shoulder. ”are you okay?!” her voice caught over the wind and she gasped. ”i think we’re in one of those spacetime bubble things! we have to get out!”

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
iridescence
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2022 23:49:54 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
In all honesty, Jessie thought that she had fallen through this distortion alone. That somehow, Nina got away. She felt like, at this point, she was able to get herself out of things.

She got out of her own hell, right?

But, then a voice grew, slowly louder and louder.

"Nina? Nina!" she called back, seeing her friend come into view.

She could've cried right then and there, but her head ached as she reached out to grab her arm through the wind.

"I thought you escaped... fuck."

Jessie stored her ALCREMIE and releasing her DELPHOX and ARCANINE. They'd hopefully provide some warmth.

"Let's go... let's find a way out, then. Yeah?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
iridescence
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2022 1:08:24 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she yelled over the wind, ”i don’t know if there is an escape. i don’t see an edge... do you?” to be fair, the snowstorm was thick. she could barely see ten feet out of ahead of her. she shivered, huddling closer to her friend.

”yeah, we’ll figure it out.” would they?

yes. they had to. how could they die here, now? they’d only been on a calm beach on a nice spring day minutes ago. it was mindboggling.

a few steps, and suddenly, the ground moved. it was slick, and as the creature beneath them stood up, snow spilled off its edges in heaps. vulpix slid off as well, even as nina reached for it. ”vulpix!”

she fell to her knees, attempting to steady on the slick, icy surface of a massive avalugg—though it didn’t look quite like the ones they were accustomed to seeing. ”shit! what is this thing?!”

it roared, and its back suddenly lunged to one side. nina was sent off, into the snow with a scream.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
iridescence
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 2:07:28 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
As she opened her mouth to speak, the AVALUGG showed itself. Jessie didn't realize the snow and ice they had been standing on was actually a Pokemon.

"Nina!"

Her friend was the first to slip off, followed after her. She rolled on the ground, shivering as she slowly pushed herself up. It felt like the snow and the ice were draining her of her strength.

"Are you okay?"

Her DELPHOX and ARCANINE popped out of the snow beside her, shaking white from their fur. The grotesque AVALUGG roared.

"We gotta go. Come on!"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
iridescence
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 22:28:34 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the already strong wind picked up harder, the snow colder and stinging as the avalugg’s BLIZZARD took hold of the surrounding area. it seemed enraged to have been disturbed from its nap.

she felt jessie fall beside her in the snow, along with her delphox and arcanine. ”i’m okay, yeah, but—“ but vulpix had fallen within range of their disoriented attacker. she looked up in time to see its BITE crunch around the vulpix before she was then slung across the ground.

”vu—vulpix!“ nina choked through the squall, reaching out uselessly for her little fox as she tumbled away and stilled out of sight. ”no!” she fumbled for a pokéball and held it out in the general area she’d seen the fox tossed, relieved to see her collected in a red beam back into her capsule.

turning back to jessie, she nodded, holding out a hand before she took off. ”we have to stay together. run!”

but before they could take a step, the same colors began to appear from before. snow began to fade away to sand, and the avalugg’s roar sounded more like it was coming from far-off, as it too was sucked back into its own space and time.
they were on the beach again.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
iridescence
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 1:38:20 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie heard a snapping noise, the sound of the AVALUGG attacking. She saw Nina's VULPIX attacked with a BITE.

"FLARE BLITZ!" she ordered her ARCANINE, sending a fiery attack to the strange attacker.

That showed it a lesson and gave them some time as Nina was able to catch her Pokemon again and take Jessie's hand. She nodded and started running, trying to keep in pace with the other woman.

And then it was warm again, sand coming into view and roaring fading. She turned, seeing the AVALUGG lunge but disappear. It was as if it was never there.

"What the... what the fuck was that!"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
iridescence
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 21:23:06 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the avalugg lunged, and she braced herself. not again. why was it always the ice-types? they were really testing her love.

“have you heard of those space-time distortion things, like in the news? i think it was one of those...”

her heart pounded.

”do you think we should go tell niko?” she wasn’t sure what he might do, if anything, but in her moment of fading panic, it seemed like the move. provided a sense of security as a leader.

she also thought of , but didn’t mention him. by only funny chance perhaps, she was still unaware of the relation between the councilman and her friend. would he tire of her reaching out?

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
iridescence
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 16:23:13 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie looked at Nina and back to the fading distortion.

"I've heard of them. I've... kind of been in one before. When I went to meet Father Winter..." she admitted, her hand subconsciously resting on the scar she now had on her leg.

Blinking out of her daze, she thought for a moment.

"I think we should. If we don't, one could show up in Verdanturf. Put the gang in danger. That's a good idea."

Recovering from their near-death experience, she caught her breath before walking over and grabbing Nina's arm gently.

"Are you okay?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
iridescence
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 4:35:14 GMT
nina larson Avatar
father winter?

”i’m sorry; who?

it was decided, regardless. they’d go to tell . she did not believe that niko would be able to make the distortions stop happening, but nevertheless, it did seem like the route to take.

”okay, yeah.” she nodded. when jessie approached, the look on nina’s face was still panicked. she stayed where she was, tentative, until the hand went out to her arm, and she threw both of hers around her friend instead. she wasn’t usually a hugger per se, but this had clearly been terrifying.

”i’m fine. i don’t know what you’re talking about, but i’m really glad we’re alive.” she peeked back in the direction the bubble had been. ”let’s get the fuck out of here.”