cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
random encounters . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 10:06:43 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"florges, it's your turn."

the pokemon, once it had taken leave of her capsule, peered curiously in the direction of the purugly. she likely mistook it for cait's before quickly realizing that this was indeed an unfamiliar pokemon who simply bore a similar face. 

"misty terrain. moonblast," she said, her tone notably clipped. 

energy seeped into the stretch of grassy earth which surrounded them, the field exuding a light glow that would prevent hypnosis from being of any use for quite sometime. 

"flor-ges!"

the moonblast followed shortly after, the attack promptly thrust toward the normal-type. 

http://www.pokestadium.com/assets/img/sprites/misc/icons/florges.png

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 10:17:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the very earth that they stand on once was a warm brown with shades of green scatterd across, but now, under the influence of the MISTY TERRAIN, the earth glows a shade of pink. alexander looks down at it, smiling at how eerily beautiful the fairy-move was, even lowering himself for a moment to wave his hand into the thick of the almost fog-like pink.

purugly is hit by the full effects of the MOONBLAST. her legs tremble under the added pressure; they usually have enough on them; and she loses her bearings for a moment, blinking twice, thrice before regaining her vision.

"take it easy, purugly."

which in other terms means nothing fancy. nodding, purugly pushes off her feet and starts running towards florges, leaping once close enough to attempt a BODY SLAM.

purugly (f) defiant - fake out, hone claws, hypnosis, body slam, feint attack, attract

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 12:42:47 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
florges was sent sprawling, the power behind the singular blow proving too much for the fairy's dainty frame to handle. and while the damage that had been inflicted upon her form had been significant, she'd soon return to a mostly upright position. bruises presently littered her form and her flowery mane showed signs of disarray, but she still was very much capable of continuing. 

"grassy terrain - petal dance."

it was a bold strategy that bordered on reckless, especially since her pokemon would be rendered confused whenever the attack came to its eventual end. but for now, she'd take advantage of its raw power. 

"
that's it," she said, approvingly.

the misty terrain had been replaced, the green grass that had been partly trampled beneath their feet now exuding a potent power. petal dance came afterward, the attack's potential doubled due to the altered field. and while her dance lacked the grace that alexander's possessed due to a combination of youth and inexperienced, she still performed adequately. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 2:47:28 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it's a bold strategy and it's also one that's familiar; perhaps miss alfric borrowed more from him than the maze after all. alexander smiles at the thought, relishing how he seems to be influencing her actions which as a gym leader is all that he can ask for.

no words need to come from alexander to instruct the purugly to dodge; it's a natural response that's attempted but as the GRASSY TERRAIN comes out, her foot gets caught in a tangled root and she's left there to take the full damage of the first round of PETAL DANCE.

bruises and cuts litter the body of the purugly, but she remains standing as she finally untangles herself and runs to retaliate. its odd seeing a purugly run that fast, but she soon nears and swipes down with her paw only to redirect it at the last second, shifting on her feet to attack with her other paw for a FEINT ATTACK.

with a guaranteed hit, she quickly follows it with another BODY SLAM.

purugly (f) defiant - fake out, hone claws, hypnosis, body slam, feint attack, attract

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 2:41:47 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the well-executed combination of hits sends her pokemon teetering on the edge of unconsciousness, the florges soon acquiring a wobble as her expression becomes twists into a pained grimace. she struggles to focus on her dance, the motions growing increasingly sloppy. and cait observes this through a pair of narrowed eyes, her disapproval evident as her painted lips are pressed into a thin line. 

"stop, florges."

cait's tone is clipped as her pokemon slides into a seated position, the petite creature positively covered in bruises as she pants and squeezes her eyes shut.

"
it's obvious my pokemon aren't as well-trained as i hoped they'd be," cait admits. "unfortunate - but i blame myself for prioritizing work over their training, mister stone. all of them have an easier time with the usual run-of-the-mill trainer - so they weren't exactly prepared for this - for you, i mean."

she didn't mind if he thought ill of her due to her admitting defeat early on - the woman instead focusing on critiquing herself and gauging her pokemon's weaknesses. 

"
it'll be dealt with, in time," she said. "i apologize for the lack of a challenge on my part."

there was no animosity in her tone, the woman still holding the usual amount of respect for the man and his companions. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 3:33:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the battle comes to an immediate halt.

purugly skids against the ground, coming to an eventual standstill as a confused look takes her features. she looks to alexander, returning to his side soon after. he reaches down to give her gentle strokes to the top of her head, and the side of her neck, before recalling her back into her pokeball. she did well.

"there is no need for apologies, miss alfric."

rising back to his feet, alexaader offers her a smile as he approaches her.

"you made the correct decision to end the battle. their safety comes first. always. but no blame should be put on yourself, it is simply the nature of being a gym leader. sometimes we have to prioritize work over training."

despite the abrupt end to their battle, he knows that this experience will only motivate her to improve, and that's all he can really hope for.

"take your time. go at a comfortable pace. but just know that i will be paying a visit to your gym soon."

chuckling, he sends a reassuring nod her way.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 3:45:16 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait quirked a brow in response to stone's words.

"oh?"

she helped returned her weary florges to a standing position, the pokemon leaning heavily against her all the while.

"
there you are, girl. you're alright," she soothed. 

despite her disappointment, cait remained kind and patient with her companions. she awarded them the respect they deserved, and treated their lot as family as opposed to tools.

"
go on and rest for a bit, alright? we'll get you to the nearest pokecenter.

once the fairy had been recalled she'd veer the entirety of her focus toward stone and politely dip her head, managing a small smile despite having lost the battle that she had proposed. 

"
i suppose we'll be seeing one another in the near future, then," she said. "but for now i must bid you farewell. may you have a lovely afternoon - and take care while walking the forest."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP