awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 1:05:58 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
It was fun, she found, interacting with all these sorts of people. There were some interesting ones, some weird ones, but they were definitely reminding Jessie of her time working in night life.

She found herself missing it a little.

At one point, she got some coffee, sipping it a bit while Finn chewed on a treat he found somewhere on one of the snack tables. She looked up as the next dater arrived.

"Hey there! I'm Jessie. This is Finn."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 1:18:16 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
[attr="class","top"]

he'd made sure to dress nice, to an occasion like this. his attire consisted of all black, except for the grey long coat he wore unbuttoned. the turtle neck was meant to off-set the cool night, but his nerves had other plans. he could already feel the heat of anxiety pressing itself against him firmly.
[break][break]
still, he found himself sliding comfortably into the seat, a obviously nervous, but pleased smile cornering his lips.
[break][break]
"it's nice to meet you both," he started, lifting his wrist to hover above the table, "i'm greyson and this little one is ellie." the comfey twirled around his wrist, easily mistakable for a small flower bracelet, and let out a soft mew and a wave. his chuckle forces a wave of hot air to rush out and visibly blow against her, forcing him to turn his head away to continue.
[break][break]
when it returns, he looks noticeably more comfortable.
[break][break]
"you love lovely this evening."

[attr="class","ooc"]@jessie[break]

[newclass=".greyson"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
rae ♀ | anticipation//STOMP, FAIRY WIND, DAZZLING GLEAM, MORNING SUN, TAKE DOWN, PSYCHO CUT
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 3:25:26 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
The man that approached was definitely a handsome fellow. Much like the other few she had already met before. She smiled and reached to shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you both."

She could pick up his awkwardness, but it was okay. Not like that bothered her much.

"Oh? Thanks! I wanted to feel fancy tonight. You look rather dashing too, Mr. Connors. Why are you participating in speed dating, if I might ask?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 6:07:40 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
[attr="class","top"]

why was he? it was a good question, and one he'd been putting off trying to answer. he wasn't sure he could give a good answer now.
[break][break]
suppressing a sucking of air, he does his best. "trying to get back on the wagon, i guess." his relationship with gwen was nice, but destined to fail. he couldn't deny the feeling of having someone like that in his life again.
[break][break]
"what about you?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[newclass=".greyson blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

rae ♀ | anticipation//STOMP, FAIRY WIND, DAZZLING GLEAM, MORNING SUN, TAKE DOWN, PSYCHO CUT
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 17:23:15 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
It seemed Jessie found the first participant out first love. Sure, the others she had met were interested in romance, but Greyson appeared genuinely interested in forming a connection with someone.

It almost made her heart clench for a moment.

"For fun, I suppose. Getting to meet new people and see how they interact in day to day life. I saw it a lot in my old dancing job, but I've missed it now that I've moved to Verdanturf. I don't really do much of that anymore."

She tilted her head.

"What do you do for work? Have I heard of you? Your name sounds a bit familiar."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 4:45:34 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
[attr="class","top"]

he smiles naturally, as he listens. he couldn't help but linger for a moment longer on the term 'dancer', careful to keep the small tint of surprise from leaking into his expression. he wasn't judging her, but that jolt that came from her nonchalant honesty surprised him.
[break][break]
"i can see that," he says, turning slightly to a woman that approaches. she hands him a drink - one he'd listed as his favorite as he signed up - and watches as she hands jessica one, too.
[break][break]
"there's a comfort in kind of talking to people, even if it's just for a few minutes. heck, i think especially if it's just for a few minutes."
[break][break]
greyson chuckles nervously at her hint of recognition.
[break][break]
"i've done some work for the league. they point, i go."
[break][break]
vague. just how he liked it.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 4:57:51 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie thanks the woman who gives her a drink, sipping from it to relieve her throat from the constant talking.

"I agree. I'm glad that I haven't just talked everyone's ear off."

The league. She wondered where she had heard him from. Maybe from her brother or her father. It was a possibility.

"I can only imagine they keep you busy."

With that, the bell dings for their round to end. It always ended so quickly. Jessie smiled again.

"I enjoyed spending time with you. Don't be a stranger."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 16:53:47 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
[attr="class","top"]

greyson chuckles in the face of her small joke, lips parting into a soft, quick smile. "i can't speak for everyone, but i've enjoyed our time." the truth, really.
[break][break]
when the bell dings he blinks in surprise. that was quicker than he thought. or had it been that easy talking to her?
[break][break]

"enjoy the rest of your night," is all he could say as steps off to wander into someone else's waiting gaze.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,213 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
gressie [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 21:44:33 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay