forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 17:55:04 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
the wrinkles around his eyes tighten, and her comment rises the steadiest feeling of irritation. with his back pressed to her, it could very well be missed. then again, how tense had he gotten?
[break][break]
"refuse my request if you wish, but there is no reason to fall on a sword on my behalf." he lifts the lid on the waffle maker, scooping the thing onto a plate, before pouring more inside.
[break][break]
"your presence here would be welcomed."
[break][break]
beneath the lid, the waffle batter sizzles.

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 2:10:50 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she didn’t notice his tension, her own focus gripped by the sensitive, needy nature of fried eggs. his wording, however, was enough to convey his displeasure.

”is it a request, gabe?” she paused, testing.

”as opposed to an invitation?”

she flipped the eggs tenderly.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 3:33:56 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel considers her question. would he lose ground, or face, to tell her it was a request? it was preposterous to think so, yet decades of this.. lifestyle, has engrained it into him.

[break][break]
finally, he replies.
[break][break]
"a request." he lets out a long breathe. "one you can refuse."

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 10:09:30 GMT
nina larson Avatar
in this moment, she had to wonder, what was she to gabe? it was clear that he felt compelled to protect her in ways. while she appreciated it, she knew she couldn’t lean into it anymore.

”well… thank you anyways, gabe.”

she didn’t have to further explain herself. he knew the reasons well enough.

”i think the eggs are done.”

she looked around for a plate to slide them off onto.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 4:45:49 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he nods, content to let the conversation slip into another topic entirely. gabriel wasn't the 'heart on his sleeve' type of a man, though this injury had surely made his emotions more of a wreck than normal.
[break][break]

"plates are in the cabinet there," he says, pointing to a pair near the sink, "have you ever cooked bacon?" the implication in the question hangs, thumb pointed in the refrigerator's direction.
[break][break]

"sausages in there, too, if you prefer."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 9:01:59 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she went for the cabinet to grab two plates, and went to work sliding them out of the skillet with a spatula and onto the respective plates. they didn’t look half-bad. hopefully gabe would like them.

”i’ve cooked bacon, yeah.” it was something at least, wasn’t it?

seeing his gesture, she went for the refrigerator, opened and looked for the bacon in question. as she did, she asked, ”how is it being on the council?”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 2:18:23 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
the question she poses surprises him — not the subject matter, he'd been asked that more times than he could count, in the recent months. but, he hadn't expected her own curiosity to take hold. or, was it simply conversation?
[break][break]

"tiresome," he confesses, lifting the waffle iron to begin scooping out his latest creation, "but it was to be expected. we carry the burdens of the region, their failures, and shortcoming, and rarely their successes." it reaches the plate rather unceremoniously, sharp and crisp.
[break][break]

"with this meteor coming, many are scrambling for their heads for the first time in years — change is due, i suspect."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 15:15:14 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she was curious, and as he delved into it, she found that it suddenly felt different standing there in his kitchen. he was a councilman, now. not just gabe. exactly how it made her feel, she was unsure. just vaguely different.

”change?”

more eggs were slid onto a second plate, her focus momentarily shifting to the neatness of her presentation and then back.

”what do you mean?”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 4:07:28 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"people are afraid; they want answers. answers that we can not, or will not give." he prepares the plate while he speaks, satisfied that it was finally time to eat.
[break][break]
"rocket will take advantage of this, as they usually do. those with ambitions above their station, too." he gathers the silverware from the drawer.
[break][break]
"peoples jobs, their lives, are on the line. now, more than ever, the league is being scruitnized. people will turn on one another, seats of power will shift, and alliances forged. if we survive this meteor, this will not be the same hoenn you see today nina. this i promise you."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 2:01:22 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she listened, ready with a full plate to head wherever.

”honestly, i wouldn’t expect hoenn to be the same next week, even. things just change here constantly. it’s like as soon as something huge happens, it’s on to the next thing.”

and it seemed like the frequency of events was only increasing.

”i don’t know how you keep up with it.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 22:30:07 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"patience," he replies simply, "while others race towards a goal, i take my time, weighing my options." it had its downsides, of course. he was nearly twice of the age of all the league's ace trainers, and he'd stand little chance against them as it was.
[break][break]
still, they would understand the concept one day.
[break][break]
"come, sit. let's eat. the day has been long, and i am hungry."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 1:34:53 GMT
nina larson Avatar
patience. well, that was confusing, even with an explanation. how could he keep up with things that were constantly changing by sitting back? the classic slow and steady wins the race, but it didn’t add up to her.

”hm, i see,” she said, just to respond.

how long were gabriel’s days, lately? he was playing two sides, now.

”okay. yeah, me too.” she followed after him, plate in-hand. ”smells good. thanks for cooking with me.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 4:03:55 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he knew she didn't, and was simply being polite. the intracies of politics were as painful, and complex, as that of running a business. it helped he had that prior experience.
[break][break]
"you're welcome," he says, not pointing out she had cooked with him. no need to turn that on her and make things uncomfortable.
[break][break]
he exhales through his nose, heavily, as a suddenly a sharp pain erupts up his arm. the small of his back takes on a cold sweat, and he leans back into his chair, teeth grinding.
[break][break]
reaching into his pocket, he fumbles for the bottle of pills, attempting to twist it open with one hand. after a moment, he does so successfully, but the pain-filled motivation forces the bottle to spill over, contents slipping out onto the table.
[break][break]
"god dammit," he whispers angrily, moving to put them back.

[attr="class","notes"]@mad[break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing