forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 0:01:49 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
[attr="class","top"]

the knock at the door of the study was unusual, only for the fact that since his return from the AQUA initiative raid, gabriel had all but barreled himself inside with orders to 'not be disturbed.'
[break][break]
the shifting looks of the staff inside as they guided nina to it spoke volumns. but perhaps out of respect for him, or fear, they said nothing.
[break][break]
in the end, he's silent for a long moment. then,
[break][break]
"come."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pyroar"]

[newclass=".gabe"]--accent:#bf4f51; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
706 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 4:15:33 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she hadn’t heard much, except that league forces had returned from an excursion. councilman gabriel black had been injured. specifically, he’d lost an arm. it had taken her some time, but the news had been the nudge to finally sent her on her way to the black family residence. 

’my door is always open.’

when he invited her in, she was quiet shutting the door behind herself, as though not wanting to disturb the severe silence that permeated through the rest of household. her voice was small.

”hi gabe.”

her eyes, now two-toned since the attack, found his and didn't wander. the air of uncertainty that she’d had during their last job remained. still, she gave a small smile.

”i got the pizza.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 0:08:07 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
[attr="class","top"]

the pizza had been sent before the AQUA raid, of course. to the man he was now, that'd been a lifetime ago. but the sentiment remains, even if it's beneath a (somehow) more stoic expression.
[break][break]
his back is to her, his large, lumbering form, stands in-front of the window of a dimly lit room. in his left hand, he holds a glass of whiskey. in his right...
[break][break]
gabriel turns to face her and places his glass onto the oak of his desk, flipping the light on casually. he looks past it, catching her eyes.
[break][break]
"what brings you by?"

[newclass=".gabe blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
706 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 3:50:09 GMT
nina larson Avatar
her eyes fell to his sleeve as he had his back turned, and then to the floor. gabe had, in many ways, filled the void that whoever the man who had claimed to be her father had left. to see him like this, having been wounded in some unknown way, while she’d been off playing gangster, going against his advice... she felt in the wrong, somehow, or at least there was a similar was the sensation in her heart.

but unlike her, gabriel had many other people. he had his own family, and the entirety of hoenn to look after. surely, he wouldn’t worry enough about one who wasn’t his own. not enough to warrant the guilt that she felt.

”i heard you were injured. i was worried.” she felt her eyes water. ”i wanted to see that you were okay.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 0:42:42 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
[attr="class","top"]

it's in the dim light that the stubble on his face becomes apparent. he wouldn't admit it, but shaving with one hand was... difficult. failure wasn't something that gabriel could accept, much less his own. until he could face that — he wouldn't try.
[break][break]
"i'm—" the words stick in his throat for a moment as his mind inevitably replaces the moment he'd lost his arm. if he wasn't careful, imagining the pain sometimes brought tears to the corner of his eyes, as if he was reliving it. he reserved those moments for when he was alone.
[break][break]
when no one could see — or hear — him cry.
[break][break]
"—fine." he says, performing a mixture of grunting and clearing his throat. he lifts the glass to his lips, drowning the hesitation from before in the bitter brown. flexing his jaw, he looks her up and down appraisingly.
[break][break]
"getting by?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
706 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 21:21:26 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she noticed the stubble. in different circumstances, she might’ve offered to help him shave it. alas, she was sure that she was not be a person with whom he would share his vulnerability, if he was allowing himself any. she was on the wrong side of things, now. perhaps even to be kept at a distance, despite his assurance that his door was open to her.

regardless of what his true feelings were, she wouldn’t ask him to lower his guard for an enemy.

the hesitation in his voice was heart-breaking. she’d never quite known what was going on in his head, but she had been around him enough to know what it looked like when the wheels were turning. begun to learn the delicate nuances of his expressions within the wrinkles and scars of his face. she knew him, somehow better than she knew most people, even without knowing so much as his favorite color.

”you could say that, i guess.”

after a moment, she bit her lip lightly and looked around the room. attempting to distract herself momentarily, to clear her eyes.

”it’s a nice office.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 22:22:13 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
gabriel was a man who had long ago gotten used to the inevitable lull and silence conversation brought. his own injury, however, made the silence feel more encompassing. he didn't like that feeling.

his own eyes don't wander, instead, he remains steadfast in keeping his attention on her. she was skirting around the donphan in the room, and didn't know how to address it, or him. so he relies on old faithful.

"have you eaten?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
706 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 3:12:20 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she felt her stomach growl at the mention of food, realizing no, she hadn’t eaten. her appetite had not really been with her today, as she’d built herself up to be here.

turning back to look at him, she admitted, ”no.”

having a meal with him sounded nice. it had started to feel vaguely like family before, of some kind. comfort, kindness, security. good company, though he’d never been particularly easy to talk to. now he just seemed... even less so.

she would cherish the moment, and take what she was offered, and pretend, if only briefly, that she had traveled back in time.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 19:37:37 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
her answer seemed to satisfy him, but he doesn't give much in the way of revealing it. his expression simply softens, and he nods once.

"come, then." he offers, rounding past the table and through the doorway. a member of his cleaning staff is working busily down the wall when he appears in the doorway, and after a quick glance in his direction, she makes herself scarce.

with a sort of liveliness he's not yet shown in the short time nina's seen him, he makes his way through the swinging kitchen doors. once inside...

"what are you hungry for?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
706 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 3:15:19 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she’d never felt entirely comfortable in this house, especially not now, but she followed after him anyways.

”okay.”

through the doorway, and into the kitchen, she found herself recalling him in an apron, both hands kneading dough with such ease as she’d struggled to match his work. it was saddening.

she cleared her throat.

”um... i don’t know. whatever is fine.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 23:24:26 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
memories of that day are fresh in his mind too, as he walks into the kitchen. at one time this place had been his only escape; from family, from work, and from the inner workings of his own mind. now it served as another reminder of his failures.

opening the fridge and peering inside, gabriel's eyes catch on a slate grey carton. looking over his shoulder, he calls out to nina.

"breakfast for dinner?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
706 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 23:48:00 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the suggestion brought a small smile to her face. homemade pizza. breakfast for dinner. these were family meals. it was warm, cozy. comforting.

”that sounds great.”

she moved inward, her steps more at ease towards the counter and out of the threshold.

”can i help?” then, to assure she wasn’t implying that he couldn’t do it himself: ”like last time?” when he’d had two arms. whether this would serve as a good save or a sour memory was unknown.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 0:04:26 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
for a thousands of a second, gabriel tenses. his mind goes towards the icon of strength he once was, and how nina saw him as anything but. then, he remembers their last time in the kitchen more fondly, and the help she provided him. it'd soothed them both.

"you can," he says in the same tone, taking the carton of eggs out of the fridge to lay on the counter. following it is the sealed bacon, a measuring cup, spices, and more. as they all find a temporary home atop the counter, gabriel looks at nina.

"waffles, pancakes, omelets, toast?" he lists them off without any rhythm, looking at her expectantly. "all? none?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
706 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 0:20:23 GMT
nina larson Avatar
her voice lilted in a momentary hum of thought, ”mm...” waffles and pancakes in the same meal? toast was even a stretch at that point, wasn’t it? gabe a big man, though. ”waffles... and omelettes.” she smiled happily for the first time since she’d arrived.

glancing down at his shirt briefly, she remembered a sight she could not have soon forgotten: gabriel black in an apron.

”be right back.”

she went to fetch two like last time, slipping hers over her neck and tying it messily. when she went back to him, her smile went meek as she held it up towards his neck. if he allowed, she would go around to tie it at his back.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 19:22:54 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
a grunt of confirmation, like regardless of whatever she chose it would satisfy him, follows her decision. he begins to place specific items back in the fridge, while fingering around for others.

when he turns and sees the apron, his expression turns... difficult. but, he lowers his neck and accepts her help. somehow, in a way he couldn't explain, the small gesture was enough to make him feel... slightly better.

"you make the waffle batter and i'll make the omelets." the carton of eggs, a measuring cup, some vegetables, and a cut of some type of meat.

"any preference for your eggs?"

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay