734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 3:22:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
gabriel communicated like a majestic ape sometimes, but with much exposure and study, nina could now deftly understand. she smiled and lowered the apron around his neck, and then went to tie it at the small of his back—not that there was anything small about gabriel’s back.

waffle batter. ”okay.” and, ”uhh... scrambled.”

she looked over all the ingredients and then pursed her lips. she had no idea how to make waffles.

”guess i’ll get a bowl.”

going to fetch one, she soon returned and set it down, nails tap-tapping against the sides rapidly as she deeply considered what to do next.

”spoon?”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 19:35:22 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
"scrambled," he chatots, "interesting choice." but it's not a complaint. gabriel gets to work at cracking the eggs against the lip of the measuring cup, then discarding the remnants into the sink for a later cleanup. he tosses a dozen of them in there, enough for both of them and more. he only pulls his attention from them to open a drawer nearby, one that carries a dozen or so spoons of varying sizes.

"here," he says, reaching inside to get a spoon for himself and leaving it open for her. his lips turn down into a frown as he contemplates how to mix this realiably. normally, he'd have just gripped it with one hand, and stirred with the other, but...

he'll just have to take it slow. it'll take longer, but, that was his life now. the clattering of plastic spoon and glass edge consume his side of the kitchen.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 4:29:50 GMT
nina larson Avatar
gabriel’s chatoting may not have been a complaint, but she felt a hint of judgment. ”what, you don’t like scrambled?” she was smiling, though.

he pulled open the drawer, and she peered in. ”ooh. thanks.” there were all different sizes. she selected one that looked appropriate, big enough for the bowl.

what now?

too absorbed in the trying to recall the last time she’d seen someone do this, she didn’t notice gabriel’s frown. not at first, at least. it wasn’t until she went to go and get some eggs, because she definitely remembered those were involved.

she looked down at his slow stirring, but didn’t offer to help this time, instead only kicking herself for not thinking that through.

”um... eggs. okay.” was two enough? it was for these waffles. she grabbed them and went back over to the bowl. ”how much flour do you think?”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 20:14:09 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he chuckles once, more breathy than anything, but still deep and rumbling. "i took you for an over-easy woman," gabriel says as he reaches for more condiments. "but there is a place for scrambled."
[break]
[break]
he's pulled from his dim, but growing frustration, by her question.
[break]
[break]

"hm." how much were they going to eat? he was a large man, but his appetite was small today. "two should be fine." gabriels turns back to his work, but seeks the comfort of a distraction.
[break]
[break]

"how did rocket appreciate the porygon?"
[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 3:08:46 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina looked over, surprised, and unsure what the implication might be. her ears went a little red, and and she felt a tinge of shame. quickly, she convinced herself there was no way that gabriel meant it in the way she’d heard it.

okay. two eggs. she picked them up and cracked them on the side of the ball, cursing lightly to herself when pieces of shell fell in. a quick glance towards gabe was followed by an attempt at fishing them out with a spoon.

”um...” she was very focused on the task. ”they liked it. they seem to like porygons.” the reasons why surely weren't a mystery.

”why’d you do that?” 

distracted, she didn’t immediately consider how her loyalty to rocket could make such a question seem more like the reason she was there—especially considering his awareness that she'd trained her whole life to probe for information. when she did realize, her gaze shifted towards him again. the last thing she wanted was to seem like she hadn't shown up of her own accord after so long.

to gabriel, nina felt she would surely always be genuine. she wondered, was she trustworthy?

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 3:58:47 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
she'd probably been itching to ask that question for a while now. understandable, given how confused she must've been.
[Break][break]
"they're used as processors; data filters. they likely manage rockets network or are used to spy and hack their competitors." He doesn't stop his own actions despite the lecture.
[Break][break]
satisfied with his whisking, he turns the stove top on, and let's the pan gather heat for a minute.
[Break][break]
"you needed a win, nina. so i gave you one." and with it, hopefully, a place to belong.

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 0:10:59 GMT
nina larson Avatar
while he was talking over her head and making breakfast one-handed, she was at a standstill, staring down at the two eggs in the bowl like it was calculus.

she was patient. terms like processors and data filters meant very little to her, but spying and hacking? she was familiar enough with the concepts. figuring she’d gotten enough of the idea, she nodded.

”thank you. really...”

next, she wanted to ask him why he cared, but she didn’t.

instead, she finally admitted, ”sorry, gabe. i have no idea what i’m doing.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 8:23:42 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
a great shadow looms over her, gabriel turning to approach and assess. he took her admittance at face value, brow furrowing in a dose of confusion.
[break][break]
"would you prefer to work with the eggs, then?" it was a valid question, considering their predicament. but, their previous conversation comes barreling back into his distracted mind, and his eyes narrow further.
[break][break]
"unless you mean with rocket?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 19:53:44 GMT
nina larson Avatar
it took her a second to respond—only because she was still a little unfamiliar with cooking eggs. when gabe brought up rocket, she froze. it was like a bad word she wasn’t used to him saying. it was uncomfortable. it made her skin crawl a little, made her realize the shame that she felt.

made her realize that, no, she didn’t really know what she was doing there either. did she know how to do anything? she couldn’t cook eggs, or waffles, or be a proper gangster?

suddenly, she felt a bit like crying, but she wasn’t going to do that.

”what? no.” she stared up at him, not blinking. ”that’s going fine. i meant i don’t know how to do waffles. i um… i can do eggs.” scrambled.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 1:31:33 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
normally he'd scrunch his forehead in confusion, or perhaps quirk an eyebrow in question. yet, the mere idea of it now exhausted him in ways he'd never admit. when had he gotten this tired?
[break][break]
"don't worry about it." there was much to unpack from this encounter, but perhaps that could wait a bit. "i wish you told me before i mixed the eggs, though." he chuckles and it sounds like gravel shaking in a bag. but, before she could take that poorly.
[break][break]
"a joke." pushing himself from the counter with a hip he moves to where she is, taking over the station.
[break][break]
once he was properly in position, his hand gets to work. with back still turned towards her, he speaks softly.
[break][break]
"relax, nina. i've found that once you let yourself fall into pace with your work here, the kitchen is a wonderful escape." the idea surges a memory inside of him, and he falls into it willingly.
[break][break]
"i remember once coming in here and catching my children (@jessica ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (@adrial) attempting to surprise me with a father's day breakfast. the place was a mess; dishes strewn about in numbers that would put even a thanksgiving meal to shame." his own chest tightens, eyes blinking something back.
[break][break]

he's thankful his back is to her.
[break][break]

"they were disappointed i ruined their surprise, of course. but, i convinced them to let me help. it took us a while but together we made a truly terrible breakfast—" gabriel chuckles "—but it's one of my fondest memories, and where my love of the cooking truly started. when the hard days come, i come here not to think, but to unwind. try it."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 7:46:27 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she blew an almost inaudible sigh from pursed lips, happy to find that he wasn’t going to push down the topic of rocket. at least let her learn how to be good at her job first.

they were quickly back to food, and he was switching places with her. reminiscing about family. it caused a swell of sadness in her chest, but she inwardly beat it back down into psychological recesses she would inevitably revisit later, in the private loneliness of her own apartment.

she forced a chuckle back as she did, along with a smile. it was at least good to hear him in good spirits—or something close—however fleeting it might be.

had she ever heard gabriel talk at such length before? no. not even close.

”that’s all really sweet, gabe.”

unwind? try it, he said. ”okay. i guess i will keep you updated on my culinary journey, then. maybe you could lend me some recipes?” actually, it didn’t sound like a drag at all. it sounded kind of fun, however daunting.

”how do you like your eggs?” not scrambled, clearly.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 18:20:42 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel grunts in response to her comment, letting the memory fade as quickly as it came through.
[Break][break]
"we'll see where your skills lie, first." the smallest traces of a smile flickers, "these eggs may make, or break, your culinary future."
[Break][break]
speaking of...
[Break][break]
"surprise me. i look forward to seeing what you create."
[Break][break]
his own batter was nearly done. all that remained was more stirring, and finally, placing them in the waffle maker.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 16:33:16 GMT
nina larson Avatar
make or break her culinary future. she thought to herself that in the days of the past, of espionage and seduction, learning how to cook a good egg might have been more valuable. now? she didn’t like eggs that much, and there was no one else to cook for.

”if you say so.”

if it’s not burnt, just claim it’s intentional. fuck it.

she picked up the skillet briefly, giving it a firm shake to ensure the eggs weren’t sticking. their yolks jiggled precariously and she set it back down, bringing a hand to her chin like the thinker.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
repercussions
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 6:44:36 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
silence over takes them for a time. it's not an uncomfortable one, at least to gabriel. he finds comfort in the space between words; the time to think and be alone with his thoughts and feelings.
[break][break]
gabriel was a rather contemplative individual. a mogul in business and, as of recently, a politician, his words carried a weight that not many could truly understand.
[break][break]
it was also in these long stretches of stillness that gabriel thought he could truly understand someone better. do they bumble around for words to fill the gap? fidget and twitch beneath a self-imposed stress?
[break][break]
"my offer still stands, you know." he says after a time, pouring batter into a waffle-iron. "a room of your own, here, or in the guest house nearby."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
repercussions
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 22:35:37 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the silence wouldn’t have bothered her, if not for the lingering thought of the comment about rocket. the guilt, the shame, all of the feelings that came with remembering that gabriel knew. even if he’d essentially set it up, she had felt his disapproval the same as many others in her earlier days in the organization. she hadn’t belonged there.

but she belonged there now. where else did she have at this point?

besides gabriel’s estate.

”that’s okay, gabe. i appreciate the offer,” her lips pressed together as she flipped an egg, ”but i don’t want to risk making you look bad.”

she inwardly celebrated that the egg held together. she was chef after all.

”besides, i like my apartment.”

no she didn’t.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS