3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 14:53:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
It’s with a bright smile and cheerful pep in her step that Eva nearly skips down the long hallway of the League Headquarters. It’s actually not too far to ’s office and lab. Considering they share some of the same lab equipment, it makes sense to keep the Head Scientists close in proximity.

Now that her colleague has settled in, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to welcome her back to her rightful position. Cradled in the doctor’s arms is a large whicker basket, heavy with two bottles of wine and an assortment of cheese and crackers. Perhaps she went a little overboard, but she’s just so dang excited for the future of their collaborative research.

“Knock knock!” she speaks, rather than does. Her arms are full and she can’t quite spare one to actually knock without threatening to drop the whole basket, “I brought you a little something!!” she peers around the basket, looking for Illeana. Mew was likely somewhere around here too, splitting its time between the scientists.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 2:44:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]eva's greeting echoes against once pristine walls, made into a messy collage of colorful sticky notes and various projects.

and illeana, in her frantic search for some research documents, catches the tail end of the greeting. by then, eva's already stepping into the chaotic atmosphere of her office and she's flushing hot with embarrassment.

"hey!" she calls, stilling long enough to offer a cheerful wave. her brain processes the scene a moment later when her head turns to give her colleague the full attention she deserves. and the noise that escapes is, perhaps, more embarrassing than her office's current state. it's a half gasp, half squeak that all but sounds like a squeaky dog toy being slammed against a wall.

whatever she had been searching for is abandoned for eva and rightfully so.

"what's this?" a soft coo follows. she crosses the distance to help, guiding eva to place the basket onto a nearby table. mew joins them within seconds, announcing its arrival with an excited mewl before shifting to settle atop eva's head.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 4:16:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Illeana’s thought process is similar to hers: messy and colorful. It may seem unorganized to the untrained eye, but Eva can see the patterns. It is as clear with the literal writing on the wall.

Even before the fellow head scientist helps her guide the basket to a resting place, her emerald eyes are scanning, learning, absorbing, “Oh! It’s nothing,” she lies with a bright smile. Eva playfully plucks the bow holding it all together with a light touch, “Just some goodies!” There’s two bottles of fine Hoennian wine, some crackers, some preserved meats and cheese, a hot mustard, and sweet berry jelly. The full makings of a bad ass charcuterie board.

“Welcome home!” she cheers with open arms as Mew floats into the room, “Oh! Figured I’d find you here,” she teases, scratching the pokemon’s chin as it settles on top of her head.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 18:56:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]a light laugh escapes as eva plucks at the bow and ushers a gentle lie into the air.

"nothing, huh?" another giggle escapes and she's stepping closer to inspect the basket. it's carefully constructed, filled to the brim with goodies. and really, it's enough to lift a burden or two off her shoulders for the time being.

hopefully it lasts.

"you're so sweet!" and as mew settles onto eva's head, illeana steps forward with open arms. "thank you, i'm honored to be your co worker."

this is the part where they hug because they're cutie science pals <3

"how have things been?" she settles onto the corner of the table, careful to not knock into eva's adorable basket. "we haven't been able to catch up with everything happening." despite it all, the recent events of the last aqua assembly still weigh on her mind, existing in shadowy corners even now in the face of eva's brightness.

mew coos out happy excitement, head lowering for more chin scritches out of eva. the pink mythical is, perhaps not surprisingly, an affectionate lovebug. and maybe that's why it likes the two women so much... they're always willing to give out the good pets.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 23:30:10 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Of course, Eva welcomes her Science Sister into a hug with open arms. Even Mew joins in, happily mewing and wrapping its tail around both of their shoulders to seal the embrace. Someone should have had a camera because it was frikken ADROABLE.

Eva continue to give out the good pets as Mew leans in for more scratches, “I’ve been good! Busy! Just like you,” A quick glance over Illeana shows she’s healed well from the Initiative’s excursion. Of course, it certainly helps that she can produce her own healing mist. That likely made for a quick recovery. Still, she asks, “How have you been?”

Mews tail bops Eva on the shoulder rhythmically as its small hands reach out, expecting the doctor to hand it one of its favorite toys. With a small smile Eva reaches into her bag and hands the New Species Pokemon her stethoscope. Eva helps it adjust the earpieces before it presses the bell against its own chest. The pokemon’s rapid heart rate hums in its ears. It purrs in delight, floating towards Illeana with a small hand stretched out, wanting to press the bell against her chest as well.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 1:03:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]science sisters squish together in a warm display of affection. mew joins the hug happily, adding the cherry on top of the cuteness. seriously, they need a picture of this...

illeana releases eva after giving her one more affectionate squeeze. it's touching to be welcomed back into the fray so warmly and it's difficult to stop the smile from widening. it hurts after a little while but somehow, she can't bring herself to drop the expression.

she flushes slightly beneath the question. it's awkward and uncomfortable but... with eva asking, the words are almost compelled to leave her throat.

"uh, good," she starts and it's only half of a lie. her back squirms in mild discomfort. she pushes on despite the sensation. "my back has healed enough to get back into the thick of it." an awkward laugh escapes as if she can dispel any memory of the injury with laughter. she can't but it's a nice sentiment anyway.

eva passes her stethoscope over to mew and the mythical practically buzzes with excitement. loud rumbling purrs escape its pink body before it's floating between them, listening to eva's soothing heartbeat. once it's satisfied with the song, it shifts over to illeana. she flashes a fond smile and her own hand rises to beckon the mythical closer. a happy coo escapes mew before it's pressing the bell against her chest. after a moment, another round of rumbling purrs rises between them.

"start any new projects while i was away?" her eyes drift up to meet eva's and upon finding green, she grins. the thought of collaboration between the two makes her giddy, turning her into an excited child all over again.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Welcome Home
POSTED ON May 4, 2022 5:24:21 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Someone take a goddamn picture of this cuteness!!!!

But no one does =(

That’s ok! She chooses to capture the moment in her mind.

Unfortunately, Eva has been plagued by memories and nightmares of their time in Sea!Hoenn. Most of all, she’s been burdened with the information originally shared: planting the seed for the idea to send the meteor to Sea!Hoenn. Despite their conflict, Eva couldn’t consciously condone destroying another realm of living things to protect their own home. It’s selfish, in a way. But the doctorhad hope there are alternatives to teleporting the meteor to another universe for it to destroy.

She watches, with fondness, as the Mew flutters between them. The pokemon’s innocent curiosity reminded her of the joys of discovery, “Yeah! I’ve been taking on quite a few projects, as you know,” Illeana was likely working on similar things, hence their collaboration.

Eva meets the other scientist’s gaze with her own grin, equally as thrilled to meld their minds, “My Primal Energy research continues, as well as the association with the Unown,” she shifts to lean against the desk before continuing, “These Space-Time Distortions are dangerous, and the new pokemon are quite fascinating. I’ve started collecting samples to compare them to the other variants. I’m happy to share those samples with you if you’d like to inspect their genetic similarities,” That is collaboration, after all, “Any fun, new projects for you?”

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Welcome Home
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 19:45:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]while they're adorable science sisters, their opinions differ on the subject of the meteor.

's proposal finds solid reasoning in illeana's mind. multiple instances of danger and a budding mistrust have led her to the simple conclusion: sea hoenn is a threat that must be neutralized. the losses some of them suffered at the hands of hostile doppelgangers... they're elephants in the room.

logically, the reasoning isn't shared amongst the masses but she's firm in her belief for now. and if she ever sees her sea hoenn counterpart again... the bitch is perishing at her own hands.

illeana grins, leaning closer as eva starts discussing her research. primal energy, unowns, the odd distortions, and the changes in pokemon they're seeing... each topic is a shared interest between them. there's little differences between what their work has been focused on and illeana knows two bright minds are better than one.

"i'd love to! i collected a sample or two from a pokemon of my own as well that i can give you to add to your research," she murmurs. and when eva shifts the spotlight away from her research and onto illie's own, she flushes slightly. there's something thrilling yet intimidating about sharing your work with another scientist.

she pushes through the topics nevertheless.

"i started looking into the creation trio from sinnoh recently, actually! i think palkia or dialga have been here in hoenn recently and i'm -- uh, i'm trying to find them." she shifts on the corner of her desk, fiddling with her fingers. "i haven't had too much success with that yet but the distortions make me feel a little hopeful for a breakthrough."

and as mew coos and floats back toward eva to hear her heartbeat again, illeana grins.

"oh, and i looked into mew's genetic code a little! here, let me find the paper." she rises and turns, sorting through papers next to the basket. within a moment or two, she finds the analysis and hands it over to eva. "i found that mew's dna is similar to both ditto and eevee's dna."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Welcome Home
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 16:38:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
If possible, Eva’s smile brightens even further with the confirmation of collaboration. Not that she though Illeana would say no but . . . there was always the chance, “Great! I’ll have organize some of the samples and bring them over to your lab!” Half for her, half for Illeana. Eva had made sure to collect plenty of samples just for this!

Eva listens intently as Illeana describes the work that differs from hers. To be honest, Eva doesn’t know much about the Creation Trio from Sinnoh. She knows of them and has a vague understanding of the myth behind their creation, but that’s about as far as her knowledge on the subject goes.

“Well, my preliminary research on the pokemon variants does suggest they are extinct and from hundreds of years ago,” she did some carbon dating on ’s Electrode’s wood exoskeleton. They’re not like fossil pokemon which makes it even more strange, “Time – which on is that? Palkia?” Eva lets a bit of her ignorance slip through.

Mew approaches again to rest the bell on her chest. Eva flinches slightly, the metal cool to the touch. When Illeana hands her the paper, Mew shrills happily to hear Eva’s heart rate spike in interest, “Wow! That’s so interesting!” She angles the paper to show the little pink pokemon, “You see that, Mew? You’re a little bit of everything!”

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 0:21:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"perfect, thank you!"

she's certain will be of some help, too, after he drops off the samples. more hands are better than just her own, right?

"extinct?"

a hum escapes as she mulls over the possibility.

"that would mean... the distortions are not only affecting space but time as well?"

it bleeds into her own research on the creation trio, perhaps more than she thought. but... how, exactly, is that possible?

"dialga is time and palkia is space."

there is the factor of the renegade, too, but she has yet to find evidence it's involved.

mew coos, pink head peering over to look at the paper. it can't really read but eva's excitement is enough to make it giddy.

"some even say you're the origin point," she murmurs with a wink in the pink mythical's direction.

"i was planning on conducting a little more research into why they're so similar but i haven't gotten that far yet!"

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 4:35:15 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva shrugs her shoulders casually, “Yeah, I guess so,” Time and space being distorted. It certainly did have the stench of Palkia and Dialga all over it! Eva considered legendary involvement for a moment prior to this, but decided it was unlikely. Why? It didn’t seem random that these distortions began to happen shortly after the Littenoids. These also seemed too random. Like something was unstable and breaking. However, she wouldn’t know just how random they were for a couple few months after her and Angelo mapped out the occurrences.

The doctor’s gaze follows Illie’s to smile at Mew. The pink pokemon seemed excited by the prospect of being the ‘origin point’, “Well, that sounds like a great project tot add to the list!” the never ending list. She assumed Illeana had one too. Eva’s seemed to grow every day. There’s no way she’s gonna catch up on any of it! Less urgent things would have to take a backseat to region stability, unfortunately.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 2:41:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"i wonder if it's due to the anomalies hoenn keeps experiencing or something else."

there's no way for them to know. not yet, anyway.

perhaps with enough research -- and enough distortion attacking -- they can peel back the veil to unearth more.

for now, it's another name on a long list of research topics to bite into.

"it always seems to get bigger rather than smaller," she muses with a laugh. she suspects eva faces the same obstacle: a constant list of things that pique her interest that simply can't be invested in yet.

with growing instability within the region hanging over their heads like the shadow of a guillotine, she supposes it may never end. some things are, unfortunately, more important than their own interests.

maybe if she took that to heart here and now, she wouldn't have to face 's wrath in melody's elite four chamber later down the line. hindsight is not always 20/20, unfortunately.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Welcome Home
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 23:50:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva giggles along with Illie, they certainly do experience the same problem: The ever-growing list of interests. It’s the curse of the life-long learner, “Yes it does,” Eva agrees with a smile, “But more minds are always better than one! And with both of us tackling things, I think we stand a pretty good chance,” call it toxic optimism but Eva sees a light at the end of the tunnel. With they work themselves to death before then? Maybe. But perhaps they can save Hoenn in the process, and that would be worth it to her.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights