awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 20:14:18 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

Sunlight trickled through the forest canopy. The sun's beam occasionally spotlighting small bug pokemon that scattered when hearing Gabrielle's footsteps as she traveled through the forest with wide eyes - it was beautiful here. The wind carried a soft scent of salt to it, she closed her eyes to the relaxing breeze a smile growing.

It was the sound of a branch cracking in half that caused her eyes to re-open, startled.

"Hi." She calls out her voice sounding tense, hoping that it wasn't any trouble. She places her hand against her chest to calm down.

"On a walk as well?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 10:27:41 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
It seemed to her as if she'd been walking for hours.

The idyllic landscape of Petalburg woods washed in morning sunlight was largely ignored by Skyler as she weaved her way around wide tree trunks. Unlike the other woman, an annoyed frown twisted her expression, punctuated by the occasional sneeze.

This, she thought as she attempted to orient herself and find her way back to town, was why she usually didn't stray from the oceanside. Already she could feel her nose clogging up, her eyes watering.

Spring bloomed over the wooded area in flowering shades of turquoise and orange and fluorescent pink - it would've been a beautiful spectacle, if only it hadn't also decided to wreck havoc on Skyler's allergies.

"Achoo!" Arceus, she's a mess.

And it's more or less in that sorry state that she finds the (presumably) only other person walking in the woods at this hour. 

Skyler sniffs, her murderous expression shifting to curiosity. She studies the girl over a layer of watery silver. "Uh, of sorts. Got kinda lost in the woods. I don't suppose you know the way back to town?" 

close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 14:59:46 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

She’s oblivious to Skyler’s suffering.

Fortunately for her the only allergies she had was to certain medications that she rarely came across.

Looking past her watery eyes and runny nose, Gabby smiles brightly. “I do! I train here frequently so I totally know the way back!” Her tone sounded confident but truthfully it was difficult to navigate throughout these immense woods. There were plenty of times where she had also been lost and also had to ask for directions.

Her hand points towards a rather vague direction and she begins to walk that way.

How about we head back together?” Gabby suggests, her voice sounding incredibly cheerful.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 19:40:19 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Thank goodness one of them knew where they were going. Supposedly.

That's what crosses Skyler's mind as relief spreads across her face, expression relaxing despite the obvious discomfort she's still going through. She'd been wandering the woods for quite some time already, having checked on the strange seed she'd planted and then promptly getting lost. As you do. That she was able to reach the seed at all was nothing short of a small miracle.

So when Gabrielle points towards a random direction, Skyler is fully confident in the girl's ability to get them out of these arceus-damned woods. 

"Glad I found someone." Sniff. Cough. Skyler blinks a few budding tears out of her vision before continuing. "Wasn't sure I'd be able to reach town before nightfall." It wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibility given Skyler's previous ventures into wooded areas.

"Ah - right." A hand reaches out in Gabrielle's direction, along with a good-natured grin that flashes quicksilver in the sunlight. "Skyler Dross, ship captain and treasure hunter. You a trainer?"

close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 16:34:14 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

With all of the continuous sniffing and coughing, Gabby figured that Skyler had seasonal allergies. Given this, she reasonably stayed at least six feet apart just to be safe. “Same here! I don’t think many people come through this way.” It’s a random guess as they were a bit ways away from the main trail to town. This reason caused Gabby to wonder what Skyler was really up to, or if she’s really lost as she claims.

Gabby jokingly scoffs, flicking her wrist as a show of confidence. “Don’t worry! We’ll get to town lickety-split. ” Hopefully that would be the case, and no problems come up. There was no telling what could happen in Hoenn after all, such a unique region.

Returning the smile she happily shake’s Skyler’s hand. Blinking with surprise at her introduction, Gabby was amazed to meet a treasure hunter and ship captain - not to mention that Skyler looked young. Around the age of her own siblings, truly incredible.

That’s awesome!” She replies with awe. Wondering what kind of adventures and event’s Skyler had seen. Gabby felt envious, of her capabilities. Curious to know more, Gabby stops herself from asking giving a response instead.

Yes! Though I don’t have badges.” She chuckles, clearing her throat and begins to walk again. The trees around them looked less dense, perhaps a sign that they were getting closer to town. Hopefully.

So… What kind of ship do you sail?” Gabby continues the conversation as they breeze past the woods.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 20:07:54 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"I've got two ships. A boat and a ship, actually." The shift in conversation brings about a genuine, animated grin from Skyler despite her watering eyes and stuffy nose. Whatever inconveniences she might be feeling are promptly shoved aside to make way for one of her favorite topics.

"Had a small fishing boat, but that was stolen away by pirates uh- two summers ago, I think. Got myself a neat cabin speedboat and then, later, the Sotally Tober - my first ship." And her only one so far. Maybe one day she'd get a whole fleet. Here's to hoping. "It's a decommissioned war ship, but it's still good for a scientific expedition or two. The Mariner Two usually sees more action."

Truthfully, the captain could've gone into a painfully detailed explanation about her sea vessels. There's no attempt on her part to cover her joyous pride, and yet her expression falters. Annoyance pops up scarce seconds before she turns away in a fit of sneezing.

"Ugh, I hate Spring..." As if in defiance of her sentiment, a flower field emerges from between the trees right ahead. Her nose almost seems to tingle in anticipation. Skyler groans.

"Thinking of challengin' any specific gym leader, uh... - I don't think I got your name?"

close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 16:28:40 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

As Skyler explains her ship Gabrielle’s eye’s couldn’t help but sparkle. She’s fascinated while listening, the captain’s passion for the sea and ships was unmistakeable. Gabrielle could easily imagine the two glorious ships, journeying through Hoenn’s turbulent waters under Skyler’s command. “Wow! That’s amazing, Sotally Tober and Mariner Two.. Such Wonderful names, I bet their glory is beyond words.” She claps her hands together, unable to hold back her excitement in the tone of her voice.

Once again Gabrielle wonders what Skyler’s seen, the adventures she’s been on with her ships and crew. She assumes that Skyler had so many amazing stories, one’s that most people wouldn’t believe unless they saw it for themself. This region was filled with wonderful surprises after all.

Oh no…” Gabrielle voices her concern as a colorful flower field comes within view, they all bloomed beautifully. She felt bad for Skyler, as Gabrielle couldn’t understand what it was like having a pollen allergy but not being able to enjoy the beauty of spring, was such a bummer. If only allergies weren’t a thing, then perhaps Skyler would come to enjoy spring.

We could go another way around? Though it may take longer if you’re okay with it!” Gabrielle suggest thoughtfully, not wanting to make her allergies any worse than it needed to be.

Yeah, I’m doing Minor League first! I think his name was Greyson? Greyson C.. or something.” She scratches her head not able to remember his full name, and when Skyler had asked for her name Gabrielle’s face turned red. “How forgetful of me, I’m Gabrielle Black! But if you’d like call me Gabby!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 13:52:12 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Pleased to meet you, Gabby. And thanks for saving me from this murderous forest."

If Skyler is anything, it's stubborn - and incapable of backing away from a fight, even if said fight is only inside her head. So when Gabrielle offers her the option to go around the field of flowers, the captain vehemently refuses, shaking her head.

"I'll be fine, don't worry." The watering eyes and clogged nostrils seem to say otherwise, but Skyler continues as if this wasn't the case. "I'll just walk faster and we'll be past it before we know it." It was bullheadedness more than optimism that drove her words.

Ominously, she sneezes loudly a couple of time before they reach the flower field.

" Wait- Greyson?" Delighted laughter spills out, echoing amid a sniff or two. "Pretty boy Greyson? Annoyingly handsome, shy, about yay tall?" She motions with her hand, making sure to keep 's supposed height below her own. He's ever so slightly taller, but Skyler won't be the one to admit it. Ever.

Her lips twitch, curling into a smile too mischievous to be anything but trouble. The sight is slightly marred by her sniffs and coughs, but Skyler doesn't allow that to deter her.

"You gonna challenge him?"
close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 5:58:24 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

The captain certainly had a great sense of humor. She grins and shakes her head "Don't mention it, I'm happy to have met you in this murderous forest." Gabby chuckles lightheartedly, nodding when Skyler said that it'll be fine to go the usual way. Skyler's loud sneeze even surprises Gabby, she's never heard a sneeze that loud before - it was.. kinda impressive.

The reaction slightly confuses her, but Gabby realizes that Greyson must of been a friend of some kind. Watching her describe the man was amusing, Gabby's never met him so has no idea what he looks like in the slightest.

Yes, Greyson of Fallarbor! Are you friends? Gabby nods, smiling at her other question.
"I am! It's going to be my first gym challenge!" Her face beams with excitement.

As they get nearer to the flower field, even Gabby sneezes a little.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 11:42:01 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Her first thought was that she should defnitely challenge Greyson too. She didn't know too much about his gym, nor was collecting badges of any kind herself, but curiosity bubbled forth when thought of him as a gym leader. That, and she couldn't help but want to poke at him - like she always did whenever they met.

But Fallarbor. 

A shadow falls over Skyler's expression, there and gone the next moment. Last time she'd stepped foot in Fallarbor she'd nearly fainted, would've fainted if not for the nearby Hot Springs. It'd become an off-limits area to her ever since she'd become Kyogre's avatar. 

Okay, so maybe she wouldn't challenge Greyson's gym after all.

"Yeah, we're friends. Of sorts. I nearly got him killed a couple of times - on accident!" For the most part. Ah, good times.

"D'you know anything about his gym?" The itchiness in her nose was growing, prompted by the flowers' proximity. She sneezed loudly, blinking water from her eyes. It was getting hard to see. "Uh, I dink we shoul' maybe stard runnin'." 

close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 14:48:27 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

Skyler’s expression goes by unnoticed, and the smile remains. As the captain explains her relationship with the gym leader. She breaks out into amused laughter as she speaks. “Sounds like a great friend, I’m even more eager to meet him. ” She also wanted to learn the story of how she almost killed him a couple times, but that would have to be another day.

Oh um, nope!” Gabrielle responds to the question, slightly embarrassed that she didn’t know anything. As she figured that trainers should have some idea about the gym leaders, but she didn’t. The conversation is cut short, as Skyler suggests they begin to run. “Sounds good to me!” Her response was quick and Gabby’s steady pace changes to a speedy jog and the pair raced past the colorful flower field.

Soon enough they would pass, and make it to the exit of the forest.

Gabby places her hands atop of her head and takes a moment to catch her breath. She then turns to face Skyler, a relieved smile making it’s way onto her lips.

Looks like we finally made it out!

Her hand then extends towards the captain in preparation to say goodbye.

(We can end here if you’d like! <3)
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Give Me Sunshine [c]
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 3:42:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: