klaus anchoret
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 7:39:49 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Klaus loves the Aquarium.
[break][break]
Nestled comfortably at one of the observation stations sunk into the exhibit, allowing the guests to feel wholly immersed in thickets of coral, Klaus sits in a corner away from the weak overhead lights. Bundled comfortably against the chill in the air with a thick hoodie, a result of so much water drawing the temperature down, he purses his lips together as he sketches on the electronic tablet in his hands.
[break][break]
Mostly detailing the coral surrounding the room, a few pokemon are sketched here and there on his canvas, his hand presently detailing a bit of staghorn coral; beside it is a rough sketch of a cheerful Corsola, its little arms raised as if in greeting.
[break][break]
Pursing his lips thoughtfully, he glances periodically to the nearby coral as his reference, the squiggles of his tablet pencil creating a bit of texture on its edges. He looks at his work with satisfaction for a moment before scrolling over to another blank section on his screen; zooming in with a handful of movements that change his brush and the colour being used, he settles in to attempt a piece of mushroom coral.
[break][break]
With idle bobs of his head to the music filtering through his noise-cancelling headphones, Klaus remains oblivious until he becomes a touch too into his music and taps his forefingers in beat to a drum solo. Suddenly realising he's not alone when he opens his eyes, a deep blush spreads across his face as he notices a woman in the little alcove with him looking his way.
[break][break]
His headphones pulled off, a nervous laugh spills from his lips as he greets her with a strangled, "Oh, hey."

[break][break]

+ Mission: I Relicanth Thank You Enough [break]
+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#73A6A9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
Know stars guide you through the darkest night.
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 9:00:33 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
i'll chase the light of that distant star
For all that Talia missed and longed for her home in Johto, there were many things she adored about Hoenn. The Aquarium was one of them.

Her little Cleffa, Amaris, sat on her shoulder as the young woman walked around the exhibit with earnest curiosity, her bright eyes taking in the great expanse of water and all that flourished within it. "Isn't it beautiful, Maris?" she murmured appreciatively to her companion as she watched a Milotic dance beyond the glass. "We should take dear Nova out sometime on the water routes, shouldn't we? I'm sure Starmie need time to swim like this, too."

The heavy sleeves of her long robes provided ample comfort in the cool interior of the exhibit; her turquoise hair, partially tied up with ornamental pins of Ho-oh and Lugia, spilled down her back to warm her neck and shoulders. She took her time enjoying each individual exhibit, smiling at the Goldeen and the Horsea with a wave, then exclaiming at the Dewgong as they lounged in their glacial habitat. At last, she and Amaris found themselves standing before the Corsola exhibit, where a young man was fully engrossed in his music as he scrawled away at his tablet.

Talia didn't consider herself a nosy person, but a curious person. The distinction might be ultimately lost in execution. Seating herself at a nearby alcove, she peered at a distance as if hoping to catch a glimpse at whatever it was he was working on so intently, her large earrings jangling with the movement. Then as he began to tap his fingers in absent dance, she pressed a hand to her mouth, stifling a small giggle.

It was then that the stranger finally looked up, the embarrassment apparent on his face as he waved.

Talia beamed back, waving so that the wide sleeve of her garment shifted with the movement. "You must really love the song that you're listening to," she said warmly. A hand was extended, hopeful, as she gestured for him to join her. "I like music, too. Would you mind if I listened?"

Her Cleffa chirped amicably in agreement.

● I Relicanth Thank You Enough ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
You will find no hidden agendas in the sea's desire to swallow you whole
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 23:08:11 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Uncertain where to look for a moment as he's waved to, Klaus barks out a self-conscious laugh; placing his tablet pen against the magnetized portion of the device's backing, he lifts a hand to rub at his burning neck, a blush suffused over his countenance to spread downwards.
[break][break]
"You want to.." He begins, his voice trailing off. "I - yeah sure," Klaus manages, the man momentarily confused when it seems he isn't being immediately made fun of.
[break][break]
Clearing his throat, he fumbles with his phone for a moment to adjust the sound settings, a mumbled apology offered along the lines of, "I don't have any others, just these." He passes the over-ear headphones to Talia and taps 'Play' once more, the song Float On spilling from the speakers.
[break][break]
Flashing the woman a weak smile, hiss gaze slips down to the Cleffa. Giving the little pokemon a wave, Klaus mouths a greeting of "Hey," to the star-shaped bundle of pink. He glances briefly at Talia before picking up his tablet's pen, the rough outline and a few well-placed lines creating the semblance of a Cleffa on the digital canvas; tilting it downwards for Amaris to view, a playful wrinkle his nose accompanies his pointing from the image to Cleffa.
[break][break]
He whispers, "That's you, yeah?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 14:16:43 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia eagerly took the headphones in hand, placing them atop her head and pressing play. As the music came on, an easy smile of unfettered joy blossomed on her lips, her own hands tapping to a rhythm as her body fell into a familiar sway -- once a dancer, always a dancer.

"I haven't heard this one before," she said to as if sharing a great secret before removing the headphones to give them back to him. "You have excellent taste."

It was then that she saw her little Cleffa wonderingly admiring herself, where she had been rendered in miniature upon the tablet. "Amaris!" Talia exclaimed, picking up the star-shaped Pokemon gleefully. "Look at how well he drew you. Did you remember to say thank you?"

The Cleffa blushed before turning her bright eyes to Klaus and squeaking something that sounded like a belated attempt at doing just that. Pleased, Talia lowered the Cleffa back to the bench, and leaned over to give the art a closer look.

"By the three Legendary wings, you're talented," Talia said breathlessly, her own gaze wholly engrossed in the sketch. "That's lovely of you to do something like that for Maris, though." The mention of her Pokemon's name, however, prompted Talia's manners in sharing her own. "Oh! I'm Talia. Talia Celes." She smiled again, radiant as she asked curiously, "And what's your name?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 5:21:38 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Smiling faintly as he looks up from Amaris, Klaus watches Talia move with admiration - a grace he could never hope to achieve. "Thanks," he mumbles softly. "It's pretty good, yeah." He then blushes along with the Cleffa as his drawing is admired, the man's magenta-pink gaze flitting everywhere besides Talia and Amaris. "It's nothing," he mumbles out in embarrassment, his hand lifting to rub at the back of his neck.
[break][break]
"Talia," Klaus repeats, his attention finally settling on the woman in question. "I - it's nice to meet you. I'm Klaus. Anchoret. Klaus Anchoret." His words halting and bashful, he flashes Talia a quick smile.
[break][break]
Making an absent little motion over towards Talia, he manages to squeak out, "Are you new to Hoenn?" Realising that may be offensive as to how he's worded it, Klaus stumbles over his own words to blurt out, "Cause. Cause what you said. 'Three Legendary wings'. I've - I've never heard that hear before. Not because of how you're dressed. Your robes are gorgeous."
[break][break]
He abruptly silences as his blush deep ends, a little groan sounding from Klaus as he shrinks back within himself. He should have kept his mouth shut.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 14:04:05 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
"Klaus Anchoret," Talia repeated, as if testing the melody of the name when spoken aloud, and finding it musical indeed. "It is very nice to properly meet you!"

At the question about if she had been long in Hoenn, Talia offered a self-conscious smile, laughing bashfully herself. "Ah, um, in a sense," she admitted, giving her Cleffa a little cuddle. "I've only been here a few years or so. Since the Johto invasion." A pause inserted itself, somewhat awkwardly as the topic became heavy, before she continued quickly, "I lived in Ecruteak City before that. I worked with my mother in the Dance Theater, where we performed in honour of Legendary Pokemon. That's what, um, these clothes are from."

She stood up and did a slow little twirl, the splashy fabric rippling about her pleasantly with the movement. "I didn't bring many other clothes with me when I moved," she admitted. "It hasn't felt urgent. Maybe when I earn more money working for the League, I'll be able to fit in a bit better?" Though part of Talia just liked the familiarity in having this one thing that felt hers, in a region that in so many ways still felt unfamiliar and strange.

She plopped herself onto the bench once more, tilting her head at Klaus inquisitively as she scooted close. "How about you? Have you always lived in Hoenn?" she asked.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 19:07:42 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Ah-ha," Klaus chokes out nervously as Talia's clothes are explained. He'd certainly stepped in it with this one. Flushing with embarrassment, his brows knit together when instead the woman stands and does a little spin; magenta-pink eyes casting this way and that, he gives a quick nod as she asserts she did not have many other clothes.
[break][break]
His brow furrows deeper as she continues to speak, mouth opening to reply though the words catch in his throat. Grunting instead, his hand lifting to rub at the back of his burning neck, Klaus manages to finally settle his gaze upon Talia. "I'm - I'm so sorry," he chokes out. "I didn't. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. You. You look fine, really. I'm sorry."
[break][break]
Stiffening when Talia plops down onto the bench beside him, and indeed moving closer to him, Klaus stares in confusion at the woman. Perhaps she wasn't as insulted as he had assumed? He hoped so, at least. Clearly he was too careless with his words - something he would need to correct.
[break][break]
Appearing uncertain as to whether he should attempt further conversation, Klaus eventually gives a little nod, his voice constricted when he speaks again. "Yeah. I - I grew up in Lilycove, and went to college there. Except for a semester in Kalos." He flashes a watery, tentative smile before looking back down to the tablet in his hands.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 11:26:59 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
For better or worse, Talia had always concerned herself with the well-being of others first and foremost. When she sensed felt awkward, the instinct to soothe took over, and the dancer flashed him a bright, winsome smile.

"It is all right," she said, patting him on the hand reassuringly. "It is nice to talk about home, sometimes. And you didn't offend me, not at all."

Her Cleffa likewise put her tiny hand on top of Talia's, chirping in assent.

"Do you like Lilycove?" Talia asked instead, gently changing course to calmer waters. "I have only been a few times, but I found it beautiful. And I've never been to Kalos! It must be quite grand."

A finger lightly tapped the tablet in Klaus's hands as Talia continued, "Did you study art there? You're really something."

● I RELICANTH THANK YOU ENOUGH ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 4:50:41 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Klaus gives a little nod in reply, some of the tension visibly bleeding from his frame as Talia confirms she is not offended. He quirks half a smile at the Cleffa, a little "Hmm?" sounding from him before the questions catch up to his brain.
[break][break]
"It's nice enough. I've been here pretty much my whole life. Family's here and all that." He pauses a bare moment before continuing, a sharp laugh barking from his throat at the suggestion he studied art. "Hell, no. I majored in electrical and mechanical engineering. They had a guest professor that semester teaching Mechatronics that's pretty well known. Looked good on my resume." He snorts, tacking on under his breath, "For all that was worth."
[break][break]
Giving the tablet pen in his hand a little shake he asserts instead, "This is just.. something to pass the time with." With a thoughtful look, he asks hesitantly, "Do you have like, an email address or something? I could mail you a copy of your Cleffa if you want?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 9:35:11 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
"You are self-taught?" Talia exclaimed, her eyes luminous with wonder. "Then it is all the more impressive that you have reached such a high level of skill."

Talia could not imagine learning dance alone in such a manner. It had taken years of practise alongside many other talented performers to attain her current proficiency, and she was not so arrogant to believe she'd be anywhere near it had she been dancing alone in her bedroom.

"Electrical and mechanical engineering?" she echoed, mulling the matter over thoughtfully. "That sounds practical, yes." Certainly moreso than music and dance had been.

At the cynical comment that left 's lips, however, her face fell. "Oh. I am sorry to hear that," she said, the words rich with sincerity. "It is always so difficult to find decent work, isn't it? I have only recently changed professions myself with the Rangers, and it does not pay what one would hope."

Something Talia tried not to concern herself with too much, truth be told. It was important work, and the dancer could always supplement it with musical work on the side, if need be.

The final question caused her to brighten, however. "I do have an email, yes," she replied eagerly. "I would very much love that. Do you have something I can write it upon, perhaps?"

● I RELICANTH THANK YOU ENOUGH ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 20:30:41 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Klaus ducks his head at Talia's praise, a blush suffusing over his cheeks as he laughs awkwardly, his voice barely audible as he mumbles, "It's nothing much, really." He quickly gives a little nod as to his major, a shrug soon following. "Nah, not really," he admits as to how difficult it is to find employment. "I'm - don't worry about it," he settles for, a strained smile flashed to his companion.
[break][break]
Clearing his throat, Klaus flicks his tablet's screen back to life and hands over the pen for Talia to write with, a smarmy little "Ta-da" spilling from his lips.
[break][break]
Once her email address has been recorded, he then tucks away his electronics and extends his hand, a somewhat awkward, if sincere, goodbye of, "It was nice to meet you, Talia. Maybe we can meet up again sometime. I can show you around Lilycove, or whatever."
[break][break]
With that offered, he then tucks his hands into his pockets and pulls up his hood over his head, a half-smile offered to the woman before he sees himself out of the aquarium. It wasn't too bad of day, after all.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Quiescent [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 4:43:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: