Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
Know stars guide you through the darkest night.
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 21:16:54 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
i'll chase the light of that distant star
Talia stepped cautiously into the contest hall, peering about herself as she glanced at the empty, beautiful ballroom.

The turquoise-haired girl had been told not long ago, this place was decked out in gorgeous array, with tables of sweet Kalosian desserts and teas as some of the biggest names in Hoenn mingled and met for Palentine's Day. Weeks later, no one was present here but her, and yet the location was no less impressive for its sparse decor.

Talia caught sight of herself in a large mirror against the wall, her slight figure robed in the long robes of the Ecruteak Dance Theater. Their colours were almost exotic in their glaring contrast against the more muted pastels of the room. It was strange to see herself like this, in a place so much more luxurious than Talia had ever known.

"Hello?" she called, timid. The Cleffa on her shoulder likewise squeaked, awaiting a reply. The ad had asked for those with dance experience to arrive with help coordinating a routine for a Pokemon Contest. Talia knew nothing about contests, but dance had been her entire life, once upon a time.

Now, however, she was beginning to doubt if coming was the right decision.

"This is Talia. Talia Celes?" Talia called out, walking the room anxiously. Perhaps she was in the wrong section of the contest hall? Perhaps she was early? "I'm here to, um, answer an ad?" One of her roommates had failed to make enough to cover rent again, and it was on her to find a way to make up the remainder. The League, unfortunately, didn't pay as well as you'd hope.

"Maybe we read it wrong, Amaris," she whispered to her Cleffa, lowering her head with a sigh. Just as she was prepared to go, however, something caught her attention.

● coordinator choreography ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
am i running out of lifelines?
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 22:49:02 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
EACH DAY YOU WAKE UP WITH AN ACHING
Sy’s phone buzzed in his pocket and he fished it out with one hand as he pushed through the gym doors with the other. It was an alarm reminding him that he’d answered an ad to compose a contest routine for some fancy-shmancy coordinator. It was a nice little side gig he had when the Furretdales dancers were on standby, and though tickets were still selling out, their shows had been sliced to once a week following the burnout of the Valentines season.

So he cut down the street and walked the few blocks in his slides, tank top, and gym shorts, skin reddened and hair slightly damp from the shower. He was familiar with the place, having done a Valentines routine here not too long ago.

When he walked in, he saw a girl with pretty hair in funky clothes standing in the center of the room, talking to her Cleffa. “Hey!” he called, his voice booming around the empty room, startling a Starly in the rafters. “Sorry I’m late. Lost track of time. I’m Symon.” He dropped his gym bag and stretched his arms behind his head, grabbing one elbow and pulling across to get into his shoulders and upper back. He was still sore from his workout. “So, you’re a dancer?” It was an innocent question, meant to get a brief grasp on her backstory, and what experience she had. Bollywood, maybe.

im so excited omg
for something to set you apart
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit]font:bold 6pt calibri;color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][googlefont=Karla]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 14:23:52 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
The sight of lit up Talia with sunshine, the girl waving cheerily as she called out, "Oh, hello! I am Talia, and this little one is called Amaris. It's so nice to meet you!"

The young woman almost skipped over to where he stood, lifting the heavy fabric of her dance robes to aid in her haste. By Entei's breath, he's athletic, she thought admiringly as she got close. Talia wondered what theater he danced at, to have such an impressive physique. Something demanding, undoubtedly. Maybe gymnastics, even?

"Yes! I am a dancer," she replied in earnest. "I was trained at the Ecruteak Dance Theater in Johto before moving to Hoenn. Moving here was a shift from traditional to modern techniques, of course, but dance is dance in some ways, no? No matter the medium." She beamed, unaware of just how true that was for herself and her new partner.

The routines had been certainly different for Talia in Hoenn, mostly theatrical and focused on entertainment value. She'd often found more work as a harpist, playing music for weddings and other fancy gatherings. Her exotic clothes had been a popular talking point there, though Talia didn't let on that they were the only sets of clothes she had brought from Johto as a refugee, and it seemed a waste to spend her money on more.

Her voice shifted a little, becoming more serious as Talia continued, "To be honest, however, I recently quit music to work for the League. I could use the extra money, though, so I thought I'd answer your ad. I hope that's okay?" If he preferred a full-time dancer, Talia would understand; she didn't want to trick him at all. Especially since seemed nice enough.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 19:24:45 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
“Talia, Amaris,” Symon repeated, committing the names to memory. He watched her walk to him, dress robes billowing around her feet like some sort of air spirit. She was a very slight thing, but she had to be strong to get those massive layers of clothes to do anything besides slump.

He switched to stretching his other arm as he listened to Talia talk about her dance history, nodding along as she spoke. “Ecruteak, huh?” he said, wondering what kind of shows they did there; to be honest, she lost him at ‘traditional’ and he just sort of smiled politely at her.

“Oh, yeah, that’s perfectly fine,” Sy confirmed when Talia explained about her change in occupation. He slipped his hips side to side, stretching his lower abdominals and glutes. “Honestly, anyone with some experience would be good. Just having a fresh take on things is a bonus.”

Next were the leg stretches. “So what do you do for the League, Talia?” Sy asked, making casual conversation before getting into the nitty gritty of the thing.

i have secondhand embarrasment from my own character
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit]font:bold 6pt calibri;color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][googlefont=Karla]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 23:42:46 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
"Ranger work," Talia replied, falling into her own regular stretching routine. Amaris hopped off her shoulder to stretch in kind, the Cleffa's tiny arms doing their best to mimic the much more muscular .

"It is mostly a lot search and rescue missions lately, if I am being honest." Having a flying Pokemon was a helpful companion in more ways than one. "There's so much to be done in Hoenn, though, in so many ways. We stay busy, that is for certain."

Talia turned back to Symon, her limbs loosened up, and said, "If you want, I can show you a brief demonstration of the Ecruteak dance style? It might help you visualize ways we can collaborate."

Before music could even be played, Talia closed her eyes, her body beginning to sway as if in tune with an unheard melody. Hers was a precise, flowing study of dance: subtle movements rife with intention, mimicking the way nature and the elements flowed all around her. A hand fluttering like a falling leaf, her hips following the beckon of the wind, feet moving with the fluid grace of water, a smoldering in her sultry gaze that sparked like fire.

With each step, the exotic robes Talia wore swirled around her, their gilded stitching catching the ambient sparkle of the ballroom lighting. Even the slightest motion caused a breathtaking rippling effect, telling a story with every aspect of her body.

When Talia's dancing ceased, she smiled at Symon, and the magic of the rhythm faded from her. "It's not very stylish in Hoenn, I have found," she said. "But that is how I was first taught -- that dance is a way of telling stories. What about you?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 15:34:24 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
It was very cute and amusing to see the little Cleffa try to emulate Sy’s movements with her own, slightly rotund body. Once he realized he had a little mimic, he slowed down his motions to give her time to catch up. “Oh, the Rangers,” Sy said, a slight undercurrent of awe slipping into his tone, “yeah, their work never seems to be done, huh?” He’d tossed around the idea of becoming a Ranger, once. Even gone to a few Ranger skill camps. In the end, though, Sy valued the almighty dollar over civic duty-- and he’d found a way to accrue wealth doing something he enjoyed. Even if he no longer spoke to his parents or siblings.

Sometimes he barely missed them.

“I’d imagine, with all the weird timey-wimey holes in the world or whatever the hell is happening according to the news,” Sy said, finishing his stretching with a few hops in place. He nodded to Talia and watched as she began her routine… during which his face went through about seventeen different expressions.

It was beautiful, that was for sure. Poignant, thought-evoking, and heightened by the weird clothes she was wearing. Seeing them in motion, Sy finally understood what they were for.

But it was completely different than what he was expecting.

Still, he clapped for the performance, when she was done. He was impressed, genuinely, and Talia’s style of dance was something he could only ever dream of learning. Bending, he unzipped his gym bag and fished out two bottles of water, holding one out to her.

“You and I,” he said, his face turning the slightest bit red, “do very different styles of dance.”

Also from his gym bag he took out a mobile speaker, then thumbed on his phone till he found the right song. He pressed play, then took off his tank top, and launched into a mixture of his Furretdales dance routine and impromptu hip-hop composition, complete with lots of hip thrusts and gyrating. It wasn’t unskilled, by any means-- just a different type of skill.

After about a minute-long sampler, he paused the song and grinned at Talia, only slightly shining in a sheen of sweat.

get into it yuh
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 22:31:52 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia had never been in a Furretdales, and frankly, probably never would. Not because she had any strong morale fiber against it, but more that the existence of such institutions usually went unnoticed by her -- and, for that matter, the impulse to look for one had never been first of mind.

So when began dancing, it would not be incorrect to say it was the first time that Talia had witnessed such raw eroticism expressed in a single dance form.

For all the red embarrassment on his face, Talia's cheeks flushed brighter still, but the dancer in her focused on something other than the suggestive choreography: the physicality, the tight technique, the way each perfect thrust hit to the beat of the song that he had chosen.

This was an art form, too, and Talia could recognize that immediately. The sweat he had worked up during his routine was proof of the work that went into it.

"You're incredible," Talia said sincerely, her Cleffa clapping enthusiastically as he concluded. Was it possible the pink little Pokemon was besotted with Symon? The thought came and went as Talia threw her Fairy-type a sneaky grin before turning back to him.

"Different, yes, but still! We can work this out, I am sure. How long have you danced like this?" she asked.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 21:50:18 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
Sy swept his crimson bangs off his forehead, chest rising and falling with the swell of his breathing. “Thank you, thank you,” he said through laughter as he mock-bowed to Amaris, “always happy to meet a fan.” He was glad that Talia hadn’t immediately written him off, or, like, crossed herself and backed up out of the building like Mrs. Smitley had done at church that one time he tried to go back to visit. That had been a trip.

“I was a gymnast as a child,” Sy explained, uncapping his water bottle and taking a drink, “and all the way up through graduation; I hurt myself my senior year and missed out on a scholarship. I started modeling to put myself through school and it sort of… went from there. So probably about six or seven years.” He hadn’t spent all that time as a dancer, of course; there’d been modeling, and some other, more clandestine things he’d done to earn the almighty dollar. He’d long been excommunicated from his home, his family, and all he’d held dear by that point, though.

“Yeah, I think if we mesh our two styles, we could come up with something that tells a story, but is maybe a slightly quicker pace?” He suggested, threading his fingers together to illustrate the meshing of their approach.

noodlesandfish feet hands emoji
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 23:19:31 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia nodded vigorously as she listened to , her brow furrowing as he described his time as a gymnast and its untimely end. "That must have been difficult to endure," she said, her hands clasped together as she bit her lip. "And yet you discovered a different gift, no? Of dance, instead." Spoken by anyone else, the idea that the discovery of this 'talent' might be a blessing would sound absurd. From Talia, however, it sounded perfectly earnest.

So saying, Talia lowered herself to the floor, meeting the gaze of her tiny Cleffa as the pink Pokemon continued her little imitation of Symon's dance. "Hm!" she said, an idea sparkling in her eyes. "I think Amaris here might have some good ideas we can work with."

Talia removed the outer robes of her clothing, the process surprisingly intricate as she revealed a shorter shift gown underneath. It was still modest by all means, but hardly moved with the same ponderous weight. She stretched once more, getting used to the sudden freedom of motion afforded to her.

Satisfied, Talia indicated for to turn on the music again, finally asking him to stop at a different track than the last. This one moved a bit more slowly than the one that Symon had played before, but maintained the pop beats that encouraged faster movement than her last performance -- while also slowing enough to allow for more precise movements, imbuing story into each motion.

While Talia didn't imitate the gyrations (it wouldn't have the same effect, anyhow), she enjoyed the challenge of following her partner's quick steps, the more modern style allowing for her to allow her body to become more alive in its fluid movements. She laughed as she raised her hands with the Cleffa, resulting in a dance that was an endearingly simplistic blend of her own artistry and Symon's as combined by the much tinier, Fairy-type Pokemon.

"You have to try this, Symon!" Talia said, still laughing.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 20:57:56 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
Sy’s face fell, just for a second, smile faltering as his eyes flashed downward. “Yeah, it was… quite possibly, the worst thing that ever happened to me.” There was a flatness to his tone that suggested he wasn’t being dramatic. Yet the emotion in Talia’s voice, the joy and hope and endearing positivity, brought the smile back to his face. “Yeah! Turns out dancing isn’t that different from rhythmic. And it’s a lot of fun.”

He watched Talia talk to her Cleffa and was reminded of his own Pokemon, Thistle, who loved to pretend to dance, as well. He tilted his head, listening in earnest when Talia proclaimed little Amaris had ideas; then watched Talia begin the process of taking off her outer dress robes. If it was a ceremony to don them, Sy could only imagine the routine of removing them was just as holy.

When she intended for him to change the music, he did so, eyes closing so as to get the feeling of the feat and the overall mood of the song. Foot tapping, he made small, stuttered movements along with Talia, watching as her face broke into a grin and she celebrated with Amaris.

“Yes, that looks awesome!” He cheered, filled with genuine joy and happiness that he realized he hadn’t felt for some time. He took a starting position on the floor, prepared to jump into the routine with her-- prepared to just let the motion flow.

did we just become best friend
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Dance to My Rhythm [M]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 21:17:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: