Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Ghosted, but not like Tinder
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 2:11:52 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

HEART AND SWOLE

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

If he had to admit it, Beau was maybe a little scared. Except, like, not really. When one of his clients fell asleep during her workout, he'd asked her if she was getting enough rest. Though he was used to seeing a little weirdness here and there, he couldn't quite shake the speed at which she'd turned chalk-white and explained that the apartment she'd just moved into was not exactly...conducive for sleep.
[break][break]
Between footsteps that had no visible source, bitterly cold temperatures on a warm Spring night, and things falling off the walls and shelves with no provocation, Eugenie was a nervous wreck and already on the lookout for a new place to live despite only having spent a week in Mauville Hills.
[break][break]
So, Beau did what Beau did best, and ran a few miles on his Thinking Treadmill. Later, wiping his brow, he'd put out a want ad to help him check the place out and prove to Eugenie once and for all that she didn't have anything to fear from her new abode.
[break][break]
Still, he had to admit that the place was just a little eerie at night, where the lack of people milling around made every innocuous noise that much more prominent. So, in addition to waiting around for his cohort in this little safety inspection, he'd brought the biggest muscle he could in case he DID in fact encounter something paranormal.
[break][break]
Chaos the Snubbull sniffled derisively, turning his head upward to regard Beau with huge, watery eyes and a mumbled "Rrf." Beau crossed his arms defensively, looking away from Chaos with what he hoped was a manly frown. "Hey, brah, better safe than sorry!"

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

Tagged:

Notes: YOU'RE NOT THE ONE

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.2),rgba(5,5,5,.5));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5088b3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 11:38:25 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As the young gymnast bantered with his canine Pokémon, a resounding thud suddenly echoed throughout the poorly lit apartment, followed by an elongated wail of pain that could send shivers down one's spine. "OooOOOooOOoOOOooohhh!!" Could his client's absurd claim have been true? Could this place actually be haunted by a departed soul?

A pair of googly eyes appeared in the darkness, cold and unblinking. A figure that vaguely resembled some kind of freakish, bipedal dinosaur approached Beau and his Snubbull. "I stubbed my toe on the couch!" A whiny, feminine voice was heard, as the shadowy figure turned on a flashlight to reveal it was actually a young woman wearing a childish costume. The pajama-clad girl blinked upon noticing the burly youth. "Oh hi! Did you come here to look for Ghosts too?" She casually asked him.
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 12:55:54 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

The thump that echoes through the otherwise quiet apartment draws Beau's attention quick as a flash, his eyes widening slightly. It's probably, uh, probably just a coincidence. The low, creepy groan that follows, however, sends Beau jumping straight into the air about a foot as he utters a comically high-pitched yelp. "AAH! It's really a ghost! Get 'em, Chaos!"
[break][break]
Unfortunately - or fortunately, depending on which party you ask - the Snubbull wastes no time darting quickly behind Beau's legs, peering out from between his trainer's feet and offering a slightly reedy "BARKBARKBARK!"
[break][break]
Then the eyes. White and bulging, staring unblinkingly in...two kind of opposite directions...
[break][break]
Beau takes a step back, causing Chaos to snuffle indignantly and mirror the action, unwilling to put himself between his trainer and danger. As Andrea reveals herself fully, Beau lets out a huge sigh of relief, clutching his chest with heaving breaths. "Brah, you scared the chill out of me! How did you even get in here?"
[break][break]
He takes in the young woman's appearance, raising a single eyebrow in bemusement, and nods slowly, as though still trying to comprehend the sight in front of him while forming words and keeping his heart rate steady at the same time. "Yeah, a client of mine lives here and thinks it's haunted, but I think she's just being kinda...nervous. New place and all," he nods as Chaos slowly peeks out from behind him, scanning Andrea up and down before offering a disinterested huff.
[break][break]
"You're here hunting ghosts, though? How'd you hear about it?"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.2),rgba(5,5,5,.5));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 13:54:35 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The man's terrified reaction elicited a snicker out of the dragon-hooded girl. "Heheheh! You were scared because of my very realistic Pokémon disguise, weren't you?" She flashed a shit-eating grin, proudly gesturing at her costume that was anything but 'realistic'. She then shrugged at Beau's question. "I told the doorman I was the cleaning lady and he just handed me the keys. Then again, he was also staring at pictures of Belle Delphox on his laptop at the time, so he probably wasn't paying much attention."

As for his next question... "Well, I was livestreaming a ghost hunt in Petalburg Woods, where I met this boy who I thought was a ghost, but wasn't actually a ghost, who told me that ghosts like hanging out in Mauville Hills for some reason, so here I am!" The clearly eccentric girl explained in the most confusing way possible. "I'm Andrea, by the way. I'm temporarily a human, a part-time streamer, and a full-time research assistant and enjoyer of all things Pokémon!" She introduced herself.

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 19:27:40 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

Beau listens to the girl's explanation with wide-eyed bewilderment, hanging on to her every word. Cleaning lady? Can he trust her? Maybe, she seems harmless enough, and he could probably take her in a fight, even if the googly eyes on her costume lulled him into a false sense of security. Belle Delphox? Well, he could hardly fault the guard there, but then again he'd never met a cleaning lady in that kind of getup, so maybe the guy was REALLY distracted.
[break][break]
"I'm Beau," he offers. "I'm, uh, permanently a human, I think! I'm a personal trainer, lately, and I just wanna help this girl out," he murmurs. "Nobody should have to worry about sleeping in their own house, y'know?"
[break][break]
Suddenly, and without warning, the air grows suddenly and drastically colder in a matter of seconds. Beau shivers, exhaling a breath that clouds in the light of Andrea's flashlight. He looks around hopefully, searching for a vent that doesn't exist. "No chance that was the A/C kicking on, was it?"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 20:13:50 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea nodded understandingly as the young man called himself a personal trainer. With that kind of physique, she could totally believe that. He looked like he could snap her in half with those beefy arms of his, or perhaps give her a big, warm hug.

The room's temperature drastically dropped out of the blue, causing the young PokéManiac to shiver as well. "Brrrr... I dunno. Maybe it is?" She mused, looking around for anything resembling an A/C. Sadly, even with her flashlight, it was difficult to see anything in this darkness. Granted, they could just flip the light switch on, but then this wouldn't be a spooky ghostly thread, would it?

"I have an idea." The dragon-costumed girl sent out an adorable little Deino that looked about the same size as Snubbull. "Hey, Chomper. Can you have a look around?" The diminutive dragon nodded at her query. Sight was not his species' strongest suit on account of all that hair covering his face, but his other senses were on point, making it easier for Chomper to find his way around as he scouted the apartment for anything out of the ordinary.

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 0:09:12 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

Beau nods as Andrea releases the Deino, expression brightening in understanding. "Oh, yeah, that's a great idea! You should totally check out the other rooms, Chaos!" He looks down by his right foot, but the Snubbull is no longer there, having darted to the trainer's left. When Beau reorients himself to the left, Chaos darts to the right instead, with a soft huff.
[break][break]
The man sighs, biting his bottom lip as he thinks. "Got it! You stand guard here, and I'll go check the other side," he proclaims, snapping his fingers in triumph. Chaos seems to acquiesce to this, adopting a slightly less disinterested stance and uttering an affirmative grunt that only slightly resembles an oink.
[break][break]
Without the benefit of Andrea's flashlight, Beau is forced to rely on the light from his phone, which is only helpful in the most minimal sense. While Chomper's path is liable to take the Deino into the bedroom, Beau instead enters a small kitchen, the stark white light from his phone illuminating what would otherwise be a clean cooking area, if sparse - everything is stowed neatly away, and only a clock hangs on the wall.
[break][break]
A crash from the bedroom causes Beau to whip around, the light from his phone going wide and leaving him oblivious to the long pink tongue and grinning mouth that materialize from the air behind him, licking a long stripe up the back of his neck before vanishing. "Yaaaugh!" he yelps, turning around and shining the phone accusingly in the space behind him, only to reveal nothing at all. "Did you see that? Something slimy just hit the back of my neck! Disgusting, brah!"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 9:54:08 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea jumped up and yelped in shock when a crash was heard from inside the bedroom. "Eeep! Chomper, are you okay over there?" She hollered. As her Pokémon fired a second Dragon Pulse towards nothing, it became clear that he had been the source of the first sound. Whether the Deino was attacking because he had spotted an enemy, or because he REALLY didn't like the occupant's tacky curtains, was unclear.

Another alarming sound that was Beau's manly yelling caused the draconic cosplayer to sprint up to the kitchen, pointing her flashlight at him. "Nope, I don't see anything. Eeeeeww..." She winced in disgust as she ran her fingers through the back of the man's neck, which was covered in a sticky, slimy substance. "I've heard that boys sweat a lot, but this is ridiculous!" The young woman said, wiping her fingers clean with a spare napkin.

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 12:49:58 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

Beau shakes his head vehemently, snatching a rag from the stove to scrub furiously at the back of his neck. "No way, man, that's straight up, uh, ghost sweat or whatever." There's a word for that, but he's to weirded out to think too far into the realm of polysyllabism. "Unless it was, like, a leak from the A/C?" he adds hopefully, swinging his phone around to scan the upper reaches of the kitchen.
[break][break]
Unfortunately his search not only doesn't reveal a leak, it still fails to indicate a single air vent, leaving the explanation for the chill in the air unresolved. His attention is pulled away suddenly as he hears the aftermath of the Deino's Dragon Pulse firing off in the bedroom, and he pushes out of the kitchen door, stumbling through the living room with only the light of his phone to guide him.
[break][break]
Chaos the Snubbull has abandoned his post, and as Beau skids into the doorway of the bedroom, he sees why: the small dog is currently Playing Rough with a much larger Haunter that, by appearances, had tried to get the drop on Chomper. "Whoa, watch out!" Beau calls, as Chaos attempts to wrangle the ghost out of the air, biting at it viciously.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 13:57:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"If it came out of the A/C then there's something seriously wrong with the A/C!" The young PokéManiac mused, casting her flashlight all over the kitchen in search of anything remotely resembling an air vent. It was bad enough that Mauville was a closed off space, but now it seemed they didn't even have proper ventilation in their houses. What was wrong with the people of this city?!

Their riveting A/C search was interrupted by the ruckus of their two Pokémon engaging in battle with a wild Haunter. Rushing back to the living room, Andrea gasped at the sight of the Ghost type. "The rumors were true! Hey, Mr. Haunter! Were you a human in your past life by any chance? I need to know for my research!" She yelled at the floating specter, who was probably too busy to humor her bizarre query.

Chomper got all Worked Up, boosting his offensive capabilities, before lunging at the Haunter with a vicious Crunch attack. With his maw wide open, he was ready to sink his fangs into the enemy's gaseous body and find out if a spirit of the dead could bleed.

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 23:40:24 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

While it doesn't appear that there is any blood to be spilled from the Haunter's ephemeral body, the combined assault of Chaos and Chomper definitely results in shreds of a shadowy violet substance being torn from the ghost itself, spinning away into scraps of smoke as the larger pokemon writhes, slamming into the ground.
[break][break]
One of the Haunter's disembodied hands swings around in a Shadow Punch, clocking Chaos across the side of his head and knocking him into the air, where he lands near Beau's feet. The damage is done, however, and it seems like Chomper's powered-up Crunch was enough to cause the ghost's last stand to end, its eyes sliding shut as it dissolves, slowly, into nothingness.
[break][break]
Beau crouches down, reaching out to check on Chaos, but the Snubbull has already shaken his head and righted himself, offering a dispassionate snort to the space that the Haunter had occupied. Glancing up to Andrea, Beau shrugs with one shoulder. "I guess we got him, but he sure didn't seem like he was interested in answering any questions. Kinda grumpy, I guess."
[break][break]
The man comes to his feet, brushing himself off carefully and looking around. His pensive expression relaxes as the temperature in the apartment slowly but surely returns to normal, the chill dissipating with preternatural swiftness with the apparent demise of the Haunter. "I think we did it, temporary human girl! Well, I think Eugenie's place feels better anyway. Sorry you didn't get your, uh, ghost interview," he mutters, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 10:40:24 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Seeing the Haunter vanish into thin air before her question could be answered, the young PokéManiac pouted dejectedly. "Aww, man. That was my only lead. Now I'll have to look for another Ghost." She lamented, while Chomper returned to her side, licking his trainer's fingers in order to cheer her up.

Finally finding the light switch, Andrea flipped it on, illuminating the entire room. If one could ignore the knocked down furniture and the few charred marks on the walls caused by Chomper's Dragon Pulse, the apartment looked in quite good condition all things considered. The incompetent doorman was still an issue, but that was neither here nor there.

"I don't really mind, though. I had a lot of fun!" The draconic cosplayer beamed with a dazzling smile. "Thanks for sticking with me. Ghost hunts are even more fun when done with friends! Bye, Beau! Bye, doggy!" She reaches down to pet the Snubbull's head, before turning on her heel and running off, conveniently before the cops could arrive and ask her awkward questions.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 0:39:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: