awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 2:15:19 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie had to leave. Had to leave Verdanturf.

Had to get some space from .

Ever since her experience in Granite Cave, she was slowly being consumed by dreadful thoughts, eating away her happiness. She was a shell of herself, laying in her bed and staring into nothingness. Luckily, her wound was cleaned and wrapped.

But that was about all she did.

Eventually, she got up, went to Slateport. Jessie found herself at a bar, hiding away in a corner and drinking alone. It wasn't her usual fruity flavor. It was something strong, to make her forget.

Foot steps startled her. She thought, for a moment, Niko found her here. And she wasn't ready for that.

"I don't want to talk, Niko," she said, not bothering to look up at who had approached her.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 4:34:30 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snubis11"]
[attr="class","top"]

"wouldn't want ta talk ta someone named niko either," he says, waving off the fact she'd called him a different mans name. he'd long ago gotten used to filling in someone else shoes, even for a little while.
[break][break]
"drinkin' alone?" a subtle comment and his own drink is soon it's way. if she was drinking alone, it wouldn't be long.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lucario"]

[newclass=".snubis11"]--accent:#b0c4de; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 12:00:44 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
The voice caught her off guard. She hadn't heard that voice in several months. When she looked up, she recognized him.

"King. Sorry, I was in my little world," Jessie said, offering a small smile.

Her gaze dropped to her glass and back to him.

"Not if you join me."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:58:10 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"nah, don't sweat it," the drink that slides across the bar is a guilty pleasure of his - cherry vodka and sprite. not something he drank often, but just on those rare occasions.
[break][break]
"i'll join ye then," he backs the lip of the glass into his mouth, then places it back on the coaster, "what brings ye by?"

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 1:56:30 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie made room for him to sit with her, his company actually welcomed in the midst of her chaotic feelings. She looked at his drink, thinking about ordering the same before she spoke again.

"I needed space from someone," she claimed rather vaguely, her finger tracing the rim of her glass.

"It's a long... weird story that I don't even know if I understand."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 2:00:36 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the woman he loved came back from the dead. he thought he'd be overjoyed — and he was — but there was also a thin layer of... something else. he couldn't face her right now. he didn't want to see her face, even though it was all he wished for these past six year. he could undersatnd.
[break][break]
"ye?" his tone was casual, light, "no need ta get into it if ye don't want ta."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 2:10:28 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie grunted, shrugging.

"Long story short, I feel like I've been betrayed by someone I care about. But I can't make sense of what's real and what isn't. Does that make any sense?"

It probably didn't. But neither did what happened in Granite Cave.

"Whatever. Why're you here? Fun? Boredom?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 2:16:32 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it takes all the self-restraint he has, not to bark out a laugh. betrayal from those closet? he could write a book on his experience. instead, he runs his teeth across his bottom lip, hard enough to feel like he's going to draw blood.
[break][break]
then, along with his tension, king lets go.
[break][break]
"it makes sense ye. try talkin' ta em about it, or taa soon?" he takes another sip. "both of those, actually. just wanted ta get out of my place. nothin' as interesting as yer story." a small lie. kind-of.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
damaged
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 2:32:49 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Talk to him. Jessie scoffed into her drink, some of the liquid threatening to spill out from the amount of air she huffed out.

"Don't wanna talk to him. Not right now."

She'd leave it at that.

"I'd hardly believe the almighty King has nothing as interesting as my story to say. Well, keep me company. I'd appreciate it."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
damaged
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 19:26:49 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he grins, flashing canines. "let's just stop talkin' about him all tagether than, eh?" no need to bring down their mood. he lifts up his glass, ignoring the condensation that had built up on the exterior. like a pirate he raises it in toast.
[break][break]
"to treatin' yerself right. and ta good company."