awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
amends
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 16:16:25 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Being away from Verdanturf gave her some time to clear her head. Calm down, relax a little bit, reflect on what exactly happened.

Jessie had played over what happened in the distortion realm in her mind multiple times and the events that followed in Niko's home. It was clear to her now that the Niko there and the Niko she had come home to where two separate individuals.

Even though the hostile one had seemed so real.

So, with her things gathered and sent back to her home, Jessie waited several days in her Verdanturf apartment before going to visit Niko. It was out of fear that she was waiting. Fear that their friendship, their... bond was severed completely. But, she needed to explain what happened, and she also wanted to apologize.

And an apology from him.

Waiting at his door for a moment, she knocked after gaining enough courage.

"Niko. I need to talk to you."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
amends
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 8:58:36 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

it's his turn now to go without contact, he supposes. not that he can really complain about it. he'd done the exact same thing to her.[break][break]

still, it fucking sucks.[break][break]

niko's on his couch when the knocks from his door. her voice calls to him and while he normally would be rushing to the door, now he takes his time, opening it moments later.[break][break]

"what's up?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
amends
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 12:13:33 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie waited anxiously at the door, her stomach churning and boiling with anxiety. It was never like this. She knew things were different now.

And when he did answer, it wasn't with the same bravado and excitement he usually had. Nor did he let her in. She bit her lip, tears welling in her eyes threatening to pour over before she even began to talk.

"I wanted to... explain what happened... but if you're busy, I can go..." she said, her throat tight, a sob threatening to escape.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
amends
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 17:23:03 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

his gaze drifts down, scrutinizing before it shifts back up.[break][break]

"i see your leg's better. the doc really did wonders for you, then."[break][break]

he leans against the door frame, not budging just yet. his arms cross over his chest as he speaks.[break][break]

"where'd you go?"

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
amends
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 17:46:11 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
He didn't move. Didn't invite her in. She wondered if the baby was asleep, or if someone else was there watching him.

The thought sent her further in her downward spiral. She wanted to yell at him that it didn't matter where she went. She was here. Jessie wasn't gone.

But he'd done the same.

"Slateport. I needed to think," she said, her voice cracking.

"Are you going to let me explain what happened? Or are you going to shut me out?"

She needed to know before she wasted her breath on something useless. Jessie willed herself not to cry, yet she already was.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
amends
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 16:56:17 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

the sight of tears almost causes him to break. almost. his stubbornness prevails but he knows he's fighting a losing battle. she's always had a way with him; a comfort and presence he just cannot repel.[break][break]

"shut you out like you did to me?"[break][break]

maybe after one last petty jab.[break][break]

"go on, then."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
amends
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 17:12:49 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
His petty jab caused anger to flair in her chest, boiling over as she looked up at him with daggers in her gaze. Jessie's teeth clenched as she stomped her foot down, jabbing a finger in his chest.

"You have no right to say that. You cut me out for weeks and didn't tell me you had a freaking baby. You can at least give me time to process what the hell happened to me!" she exclaimed angrily.

Of course, her face was streaking over with tears as she spoke through gritted teeth, trying her best not to lose control of her voice. It wavered, but it had to give her some power.

After a moment to calm herself down, she decided to go on.

"The letters to Father Winter were a trap. Some man in the Granite Cave lured me in with the promise of a wish that could be granted. And after I told my wish, I flipped a coin. I don't know what it meant. But I was sent into a hellscape dimension. I almost died in there.

And you were there. You tried to steal this... this drum from me that I fought from a Pokemon in there. And then you stabbed me. You called me names. You said I was worthless and that you never actually cared about me. That I'm nothing and a piece of shit."

Jessie crossed her arms, looking away from him.

"Can you blame me for not understanding what happened when I got back? One minute you had tried to kill me, but then I came back here, and you didn't know what I was talking about."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
amends
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 15:59:52 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

where anger flares, sympathy forms. it has no right to say that because he had done exactly the same to her. so he fights through the hurt, the lingering loneliness, and sighs.[break][break]

"sorry."[break][break]

and then she explains. niko's never been one to hide his feelings and now's no different. his expression morphs from confusion to anger before finally settling on guilt.[break][break]

"fuck, jessie, why didn't you just tell me what happened?"[break][break]

again, unfair of him, so after another sigh, he corrects himself.[break][break]

"sorry. and sorry that shit happened to you. it all sounds horrible and i'm upset because i wasn't there to help you."[break][break]

to keep you safe.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
amends
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 17:54:44 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie got the apology she felt she deserved. Some of that weight she had been carrying on her chest and shoulders felt like it had lifted. Of course, it wasn't all gone. Time would heal all wounds. But it was a start.

"I told you. I didn't know what was going on. It was confusing. One second you were trying to kill me and take away some stupid drum, and the next you were looking at me like I was insane. I didn't know what was going on..."

She rubbed her eyes with the heels of her hands, sniffing loudly.

"I'm sorry I couldn't explain it sooner and upset you," she offered as she looked back at him.

With that done, she finally caved, leaning forward and wrapping her arms around his torso. Jessie's head rested against his chest, comforted by the sound of his beating heart. And that perhaps, he really did care about her.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
amends
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 15:56:31 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

she moves before he could. they embrace; his heavy arms falling around her as he pulls her close, holding on tight as though it'd make up for the weeks lost.[break][break]

"i forgive you."[break][break]

after a long moment, he exhales, then kisses the top of her head.[break][break]

"come on. baby niko's sleeping so we have the place to ourselves."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
amends
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 16:33:19 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
His arms wrapped around her and the kiss on her head made her relax into him, easing tension and anxieties away. She only let go when he spoke, nodding.

After entering his home, she kicked off her shoes at the door, grabbing his large hand with her own and leading him to the couch. She practically collapsed there, laying back on the cushions and tugging him to come beside her.

"So, everything that other you said... was it a lie? Was Father Winter trying to make me suffer before killing me?" she asked, for confirmation.

To ask if he truly cared about her like she did him.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
amends
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 16:53:53 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

he collapses after her, careful not to crush her under his massive frame.[break][break]

"jessie, i'm gonna fuckin' kill that other me and also that father winter son of a bitch if i ever get my hands on them."[break][break]

with baby niko asleep, adult niko is free to swear as much as he wants. he'd argue it's justified this time.[break][break]

"no. none of what he said was true. i care about you, jessie, and you're worth so much."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
amends
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 1:44:08 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie leaned back against him as he collapsed behind her, feeling like she was relaxing for the first time since the events in Granite Cave. She reached back, her hand brushing against his jaw as she sighed.

"I love you."

It seemed to slip effortlessly from her lips. Of course, it wasn't intentional for her to say, and the moment she realized that it was said, she opened her eyes.

"Fuck."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
amends
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 8:04:55 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

love.[break][break]

is niko manner capable of such a thing? is he worthy to love or to be loved?[break][break]

who fucking cares.[break][break]

"i love you too."[break][break]

he nods, affirming what they both know.[break][break]

"always have and always will."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
amends
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 18:01:43 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie felt a bright smile cross her lips as she turned, awkwardly, to face him. She felt like she could fly as she looked at him, everything that was unspoken for months finally laid bare.

Leaning forward, she kissed him, wrapping her leg over his hip as she pushed herself close to him. She missed the feeling of him when she had been gone.

"Is the baby in your room?" she asked, unsure where he was making the nursery.