snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 3:48:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the walk home is relatively quick, even by her hazy standards.

and it helps that he's propping her up by the waist, support digging into the skin of her hip.

she fumbles with keys. they almost slip between shaky fingers but somehow she manages.

and the dark home invites them inside with a welcoming creak of the front door. she steps forward first, wiggling out of his grasp with a soft sigh.

a pause halts steps before she's turning to look at him over a scarred shoulder.

"are you coming in?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 4:08:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHISPERS

LOST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

HER ANSWER is met with another glance at this watch. it’s late. irresponsibly late. but fernando’s well read enough to know you never refuse an invitation.

it’s a principle that transcends whatever degenerate connotation it may hold in this day and age.

i have time,” he convinces himself before stepping in after her. unlike him, she doesn’t have anyone out to watch over her. she’s also more drunk than he is, based off the fluidity of their gait.

he follows her in but doesn’t close the door. in the darkness, it still finds a way to shut itself behind him.

he’s blind but that doesn’t stop him from everyday staples.

nice place.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 22:41:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]oh.

she blinks.

he accepted. he came in?

her mental facilities are, admittedly, sluggish at the moment but his decision still doesn't fit her line of thinking. it had settled into the hopeful category and she'd been prepared to squash her own hopes herself.

it seems they're safe for another night.

"thank you," she murmurs softly. a hand stretches out and lights flicker on a moment later. the hall is small, quaint, warm. somehow, it's half a home if she stops to think about it.

and she doesn't. she slips heels off and pads across hardwood floors, venturing further into her home, her hand running along the wall to keep from toppling.

"do you want anything to drink?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:29:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHISPERS

IT TAKES A MOMENT TO ADJUST. his brow crease into a squint when his light is suddenly illuminated in warm colors of yellow and white. looking away from the lights, downward, alleviates the sudden contrast, focused on his laces.

water would be good,” he calls out, a step behind her as he takes longer to knock off his shoes. they’re neatly placed by the entrance, measured and aligned.

strangers in an unknown space, fernando follows after her, quick to reproach when he thinks she leans a little too hard.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:38:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her head turns to glance back when he calls out.

and for a moment, she pauses, stills.

their shoes. it's an odd sight, his next to hers. it stirs something up in her. and she's quick to turn back around, to keep moving forward.

"comin' up," she mumbles happily as her kitchen finally comes into sight. has her hallway always been that long? no, it couldn't be, right?

the countertops get in her way and she jostles, letting out a little yelp. she keeps moving, otherwise unharmed, and reaches for the fridge without a second thought.

the cold water bottle settles onto the counter a moment later. and then, she follows, hoisting herself up to sit at the edge of the counter.

her feet dangle, drawing little circles as she watches him.

"i'm surprised you agreed to come in."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:44:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHISPERS

EYES SETTLE ON HER, unsure, before hovering back to the water bottle. he looks back at her once more, a quick switch before he pilfers the water bottle. the top comes off with the sound of plastic tearing, but he doesn’t take the first sip.

why’s that?

he hold it out, knowing full well she needs it more than he does.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:48:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"i dunno," she drawls, eyes dropping to stare down at her feet. they circle once more and then stop. her eyes return a moment later.

the water bottle is outstretched. she stares, blinks, and accepts.

"why would you?" it's curious, mostly. and maybe even a bit self-deprecating but she's distracted by raising the water bottle to her lips without spilling.

a sip follows before she's holding it back out for him to take.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:53:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHISPERS

“TO MAKE SURE YOU DIDN’T BLACK OUT ON YOUR STAIRCASE," he states matter-of-factly. it sounds real enough to almost seem scalding but the tiny curl of his lips portray it more playful than that. his voice says one thing but his body language says another: a true enigma.

he receives the bottle and it crinkles underneath his fingers.

and you said you’re too shy to sing in an empty bar.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:59:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she huffs.

an adorable pout greets playfulness and her arms rise to cross over her chest.

"i wouldn't do that," she argues as if she has any sound logic behind it. she doesn't but she can pretend. "besides, i didn't take you for the concerned type."

he isn't. he couldn't be.

she colors a soft pink at the mention. right, she didn't want to sing there...

and now she's caught between a rock and a hard place.

"i," she tries. any argument dies out in her throat. and what does illeana do when she can't think of anything to say?

she asks questions.

"why do you want me to sing?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:15:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHISPERS

“…”

there’s no immediate reply. just the sound of water passing down his throat with every gulp he takes. half the bottle is killed before he breaks away, sighing in relief.

when haven’t i been looking after you, reyes?

he sets the bottle on the counter. next to her. and stands there awkwardly, unsure of what else to do as their conversation continues. he’s not sure what to do with his hands so he pockets them too.

i thought it’d help you unwind and the place was empty.

the ball’s in her court.

but you don’t have to.

after all, he had asked. she could’ve left it at no. instead, she offered an alternative.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:22:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]when hasn't he?

she thinks of water, sea foam, and blades. and then, of a borrowed aegislash and how it still hadn't been enough.

her hips shift awkwardly atop the counter.

"i suppose you have," she finally murmurs. he's been unusually kind to her, in a way she didn't quite expect. it's been like this for... two years now? an intern molded and crafted by his hands to become something more.

and would he do that if he didn't care? perhaps.

she hums soft understanding and her feet resume drawing circles in air.

her alternative is, possibly, one they both remember. it exists in the background of this exchange, in the way her body doesn't seem to stop moving and his hands don't know what to do.

"if you want me to, i -- i could."

but... are they talking about the same thing?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:28:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHISPERS

“YOU’RE FINE,” he laughs it off, unconcerned. “you should only do things you want to; that’s half the appeal.

his watch beeps and fernando’s distracted once more. he gives it a look and this time his reaction is a mix of unpleased and uncertain. he pinches the wrinkles bridge of his nose before disregarding the notification entirely.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:33:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her mouth opens to respond... and nothing comes out.

the beep of his watch silences any words she could have said.

and she watches with a quiet curiosity as his expression shifts. it morphs into something that claws at her skin, something that makes her nervous. and if she didn't know better, she'd almost say it instills a fear of him leaving.

that's foolish thinking, though. why would she be afraid of that? she ignores the soft voice that supplies an answer.

and her hand rises as if to pull him closer, as if she needs his body heat to feel secure. it falls a moment later.

"do you have other things to do?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:40:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHISPERS

“NO,” he answers before pulling out his phone. the movements of her hands, twisted in her own thoughts, aren’t as obvious to fernando’s scenic obliviousness.

tomorrow’s morning meeting got cancelled,” he explains between typing out a message. “which is fine, but cancelling the first meeting of the day this late is always a pain.

he hits send with his thumb and pockets the device.

which is fine, since i never sleep early.

he looks at her.

what about you? anything tomorrow morning?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
whispers
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:46:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"oh, i see," she murmurs, half distracted. her eyes flit between his face and his fingers. they type away a message and faintly, she wonders if it's relating to the meeting.

and immediately, she knows it's not her business.

his phone disappears back into his pocket. his eyes return and she's tilting her head. thoughts come a moment later, dull and painfully slow.

"no, i don't think so," she offers. and one hand rises once more, this time to stir her thoughts around in the air before her only to add a soft, "maybe we can sleep in."