part of
TAG WITH @ryan
Ryan Arcken
cool? cool. [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:32:21 GMT
Ryan Arcken Avatar
[nospaces]

”...A cool routine…”[break][break]

It was something that he could definitely do— and something that he has done numerous times in the past. The difference between the past and that moment, though, had been the context of the pieces he’d made, alongside the skill of the people meant to perform the routine.[break][break]

Being in charge of his school of employment’s dance team, it was needless to say that everyone he normally catered to knew what they were doing.[break][break]

So, he found himself eying the mirror that bore his reflection, all while crossing his arms softly as he gazed upon his reflection. As per the request that was given, he’d introduced himself to the local employees and let them know what he was there to do, and after patting down the details, he was gladly given a makeshift studio somewhere in the contest hall to use as he saw fit while choreographing.[break][break]

…At some point, he honestly forgot that he was supposed to have some sort of partner to help him.

close tab

played by

Nano

percy
She/Her
twenty-four
may 15
anistar city
graysexual
astronomer
grunt
will fate slowly crystallize in every soul i've ever known?
awards
9 posts
part of
TAG WITH @persephone
PERSEPHONE CARTIER
cool? cool. [m]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:33:20 GMT
PERSEPHONE CARTIER Avatar
[nospaces]

dancing, dancing..[break][break]

this was going to be tricky. when was the last time she went out with a duffel bag over her shoulder, and for once not containing the components of a telescope folded and prepared for a night sky's visit? really, this isn't the way she'd like to go, but a woman is only guilty of being at the mercy of a handful of pokemon. said pokemon are the sole reason she's walking to the studio, mind. a little cleffa cries and a rockruff whimper at the sound of her declining the job is enough to weaken her heart, into a sigh, into a grunt. [break][break]

apprehension surfaces as she quirks her lip, though rarely shows it when her hand presses against the door to let her into the studio building. be polite enough to wave to people who make eye contact with you, be polite enough to give a small smile as you glance at your phone, looking for the place you're supposed to meet with an apparent partner (the poor man or woman will have to deal with a lady who hasn't danced for lord knows how long). [break][break]

she doesn't dare ask for directions, prideful as she is. she would prefer to get this finished with as soon as possible, with as little interaction. [break][break]

studio is easy enough to find, thankfully (it saves her a lot of trouble) so she pushes against the handle of the door, greeted by a few other of the employees who instinctively glance at the door. the platinum haired woman only bows her head, slightly. where was she supposed to go again? [break][break]

"i am here to help with choreography." even though she's not the most confident in her abilities "i was told i'd have a partner..? where are they?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

Ry, Yongjun
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
January 5
Wyndon, Galar
Demisexual
High School Teacher
Civilian
deep inside, we're nothing more than scions and sinners
awards
42 posts
Ryan Arcken DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryan
Ryan Arcken
cool? cool. [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 2:38:44 GMT
Ryan Arcken Avatar
[nospaces]

Honestly speaking, he wasn’t really aware of how much time had passed since he started brainstorming, but after trying a small array of things in attempt to get a clue of where to start, he clicked his tongue and slowed to a stop. He stared at the mirror before him for a good, long while before eventually breathing a soft, yet heavier sigh of both defeat and exasperation.[break][break]

”...Ah… Maybe I should just properly get into the feel of it first…”[break][break]

His brows furrowed pensively at the reflection in the mirror, but after just a small while longer, he gave another sigh before jogging back to his phone just long enough to select another song. As it began to play through the speakers in the room, he nodded idly, picking a somewhat bouncy stride back to where he originally stood while accounting for the music.[break][break]

At a certain part of the melody, he began to move again while allowing his body to adjust to the song and the feel he was trying to go for, but he only could about halfway through his impromptu choreography bit (though was honestly already very into it in the short time he fell into everything) before catching a glimpse of a figure that he swore wasn’t there.[break][break]

With a quick, ”Oh, shit—” under his breath, he turned around to properly face her. There was an awkward half pause—partial pause?—as he slowed down (and immediately found himself recognizing the newcomer, which only emphasized the awkwardness he felt), but in the aftermath of the groove, he debated on continuing to dance despite the the stutter.[break][break]

He settled with a leisurely, yet crisp sway back and forth in tandem to the rhythm.[break][break]

”...Uh. I’m not gonna ask how long you’ve been there,” he started off with a purse of the lips, nodding slightly. ”...Small world, though. So you’re supposed to be my partner, huh~?”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights