Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
Know stars guide you through the darkest night.
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
The Dragon's Hoard [M]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 21:40:21 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
i'll chase the light of that distant star
Talia's hands itched for something, anything, to do while she stood outside the Dewford Town Branch of Piazza Oro Grande (POG) Bank.

Though Talia thought her work as a Ranger had been fine, she knew she was not exactly an ideal bodyguard for protecting the town's financial assets. The existing POG Bank security seemed to have most things in order: its members all imposing, tall, and armed, as had paid them to be at all times.

So it felt a little strange, in some ways, that Talia and her companion had been sent in by the League to deal with 'rumors' that floated above this small bank branch, threatening it with the possibility of an extensive burglary. Clearly the League hadn't taken the matter all that seriously, advising only that they bring a Dragon-type Pokemon with them to help deter any would-be criminals.

As promised, Talia's Dragonair, Lyra, slithered about her mid-air, her large eyes blinking curiously at the comings and goings of the island town. Her partner, , had done the same, with her Dragapult standing at the ready.

Anyone walking by might just think they were two patrons of the bank, loitering outside as dusk descended and closing hours approached. The thought was a funny one, almost, as it passed through Talia's mind.

"Have you done this sort of thing before?" she asked the other League member curiously, fidgeting with a sleeve despite herself.

The second part of her question went unspoken: Because I have not.

● Bank on It ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
bits and pieces, strung together
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
The Dragon's Hoard [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 3:00:01 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]I like the dirty rhythm you play.
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
Mòrag disliked the League, she despised Team Rocket, and she hated corpos. All told, there were a lot of things Mòrag had a distaste for. One might say she was a cynical, bitter woman… and quite honestly, she would agree, but she also believed herself completely justified in her thoughts, especially after everything she had seen.

Which was why taking on this job left a bit of a bad taste in her mouth.

Alas, her higher-ups had been once again complaining about her, talking about how she “does not integrate herself into the League” and how she “ought to act like a proper member”. Ugh, that sort of talk made her sick. And she honestly didn’t quite know why, considering the amount of security around here. And they were asked to… have dragon-type pokémon floating around? Presumably for presence, but still. Her Dragapult, Draca, seemed to reflect this sentiment, floating just behind her like a spectre, gazing on unflinchingly, though boredom at this chore could be seen if one looked close enough.

Ugh.

She had been partnered up with one Talia Celes, though she did not know much about her apart from that. As per usual, Mòrag didn’t initiate conversation, wishing to keep herself as far apart from the League as possible. Still, it would be rude to just remain quiet if another initiated conversation with you, and Mòrag obliged once Talia did speak. She shot her a sideways glance, thinking a bit.

“I suppose you could say so. I’ve never guarded banks before, but I’ve certainly held guard of other places.” She started, “Usually, nothing happens. Thieves take the path of least resistance and are unlikely to target such a well-guarded place. That said, if those rumours are true, we should expect some manner of organised assault.”

Putting a hand on her chin, Mòrag would think for a moment, “There are two possibilities: these are greenhorns who think they’re all that and believe they can just rob a bank without consequence. In that case, a good scare is enough to make their resolve crumble, and there’s nothing like the threat of potentially dying to set you straight. This isn’t a regulated battleground, and anything can happen.” She paused to let her words sink in, “The other alternative is that they’ve been at this for a while and feel confident, warranted or otherwise. In that case… expect a fight, and try to end it quickly. The more a battle prolongs itself, the more risk it carries, both to yourself and to those around you. There’s no method too underhanded if it means achieving victory.”

Mòrag spoke from experience with that last sentence. Back in Galar, she was almost always on the backfoot, and had to grasp at whatever advantage she could muster, no matter how unfair or cheap it may have been.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ and so it begins
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
The Dragon's Hoard [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 9:17:57 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
"Oh," was all that Talia could manage to say at first, nodding slowly as the other woman calmly listed off various, intricate possibilities.

I hope no one comes, Talia thought despite herself. Or if they do, that they are the greenhorns mentioned. I'm a greenhorn, too, aren't I? It was a cowardly hope, and she despised herself for holding it at all.

From how spoke, however, this was nothing but routine to her: "This isn't a regulated battleground, and anything can happen." That unknown possibility was precisely what left Talia on edge, unaware of what cruel methods Rocket or other criminals might engage in to accomplish their goals.

Which was why startled her so much with her final statement: "There's no method too underhanded if it means achieving victory." Talia gave her partner an incredulous look, as if checking that she had indeed heard her correctly.

"Surely we have some boundaries?" the turquoise-haired woman insisted, as if to reassure herself that she had misheard. "Why, we aren't criminals ourselves. Is that not what makes us distinct from them? That we hold value where they do not?"

A shadow fled over the rooftops as the two women spoken, the glimpse of it almost unseen save for the way the two Dragon-type Pokemon turned in response to its movement.

● Bank on It ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
The Dragon's Hoard [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 23:53:28 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
Talia’s response was the classic reaction of the naïve, those who had not yet awoken to the ugliness of the world, and she couldn’t help but internally sigh. She didn’t dislike it, though. In fact, she found that manner of innocence to be endearing, especially if backed up by the sort of integrity Talia seemed a proponent of, flawed as it might have been. And so, Mòrag would turn to look fully at her, a small smile on her face.

“The principled sort, are we?” She asked rhetorically, “How admirable.”

Looking forward once again, she would continue, “But I do not believe that following arbitrary rules of conduct are what make us better than the likes of Team Rocket. Nay, what differentiates us is who we choose to protect, and what we fight for. If it were to save an innocent person or a loved one, would you not spare no expense in doing so, even if it meant cheating or otherwise using methods most would consider cowardly or underhanded? I know I would. It’s why-”

Draca’s sudden motion tipped Mòrag off immediately. Furrowing her brow, her eyes followed the shadow of a movement on the rooftop, and she wasted no time in acting.

“Draca, fetch that person, would you?”

The Dragapult acted instantly on her order, zooming away at blinding speeds as he chased after the suspicious figure. Dragapults, capable of moving at mach speed as they were, would certainly have no issue catching a human fleeing across a rooftop, and that was exactly what happened. Draca would return a moment later, plopping down the fleeing individual in front of them.

“What an ill-advised plan of attack.” Mòrag commented, “Talia, have your Dragonair scout out the area. I’ve no doubt this is not the end of it. Like as not, this is merely a diversion.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ yoink
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
The Dragon's Hoard [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 14:05:50 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
The principled sort? Indignation coursed through Talia as the other woman seemed to smirk in reply, her "How admirable," spoken as drily as the whisper of the hot, evening wind all around them.

To suggest that the only thing standing between them and Rocket was the people they chose to protect was insulting. Would the League invade other territories, as Rocket had in Kanto, Johto, and now Sootopolis? Would Dahlia Goode be wielding torture as a method of keeping members of the military and Rangers in line?

The audacity of such a statement floored Talia, utterly and completely. Her expression openly reflected that.

"Then I fail to agree, for such conduct is hardly arbitrary in nature," Talia retorted, her tone firm in its steely displeasure. "I do not believe I need to resort to my enemy's tactics to defeat them. That is a loss of a different sort, is it not?"

Every word that spoke in reply came out with the clear confidence of one who was convinced of her words, as if correcting a small child's endearing, but fundamentally flawed, misunderstanding. It incensed Talia, to already feel so new and so inept, only to then have a stranger likewise question the foundation of her ideals and integrity.

Talia opened her mouth once more, prepared to argue further, only for Lyra and Draca's attentions to turn to the rooftop visitor. It was as if the air had left a balloon, the tension between them abating as Mòrag calmly took the reins and directed orders.

The cadet bit back her righteous fury and nodded. There would be plenty of time for pontificating later.

"As you say, then," Talia said, turning to her placid Dragonair and indiciating for her to take to the skies. Lyra looked like a ribbon of blue shimmering through the expanse of sunset, her large bright eyes scouring the premises for other mysterious visitors. Just in case, the elegant Pokemon had begun to perform a DRAGON DANCE in preparation for any unseen attacks.

Moments later, the Dragapult returned, dropping a hapless figure on the ground. Dressed all in black, he looked to be a little younger than them both -- his features smooth, his beady eyes darting from her to Mòrag anxiously from beneath Draca's iron grip.

Talia felt her eyes wander to the other woman as well, her own brow furrowed with concern. What is she planning to do with him, exactly?

Then Lyra crooned in warning, and an explosion rattled the ground -- not from the bank, but from the building two blocks across from it: a shopping center, filled with various boutiques and small tourist shops. Chaos erupted as shoppers, tourists and retail workers fled the premises, the guards in front of POG Bank distracted by the bright flames as several ran to assist or rubberneck.

For a moment, Talia moved as if to follow them -- a hand poised over her Starmie's Pokeball -- only for Mòrag's words to return to her: This is merely a diversion.

Endangering innocent civilians to risk an easier entry to a bank? It left a sick feeling in Talia's stomach, as did not immediately leaping to assist people in need.

"Was this your doing?" she asked the man on the ground, already sure of the answer.

● Bank on It ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
The Dragon's Hoard [M]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 12:42:23 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
Hmmhmm. Seemed that Mòrag’s response had struck a nerve with her companion, and though she didn’t have an outburst of emotion, her indignant tone was evidence enough that Talia did not like what she had to say. Fiery as well, hmm? Yes, it seemed like they’d get on quite well, despite what Talia might think of her now.

But they could discuss the ethical conundrum of whether the ends justified the means later. Right now, they had a bank robbery to stop.

The Dragonair’s warning was all they received before twin explosions shook the earth, bright flames lighting up in the near distance as panic ensued among them and the POG guards scattered in order to assist. Mòrag frowned, realising their game plan here. Lead them away like a pack of Wooloos in order to have an easier time robbing the place? As sound a plan as any, she supposed.

Gaze flitting back to the robber, she noted his age. Younger, huh? Hmm…

“Now, I’m going to let you go. We’ve bigger issues to deal with, after all. But before I do that, perhaps I should inform you on a fun little factoid about Dragapults.” She began, and though she spoke casually, there was an evidently sinister and menacing undertone to her words, “They’re capable of moving at mach speeds, and have impressive reaction speeds to boot. So, I would think quite carefully before trying anything if I were you. Draca would certainly be able to stop you, and let’s just say that he is not the type to hesitate. You understand what I’m saying, no?”

She let the words sink in, and it was working, realisation slowly dawning on the younger boy, piling on to his anxiety.

“Y-You wouldn’t…” He said, voice shaky as he tried to convince himself of that. A League member wouldn’t just kill, would they!? What had he done to deserve this!?

But his internal pleas went unanswered, Mòrag’s response a simple, dark smirk creeping up onto her face, and then…

“Let him go, Draca.”

The sudden release scared him almost as much as if Draca were to attack him, and he stumbled all over himself running in the opposite direction. Mòrag chuckled as he went on his way.

“Like I said, nothing like the threat of harm to make one reconsider their course.” She said, though her smile soon faded. Surely, the attackers would have started piling on by now. Where were the rest of-

Another explosion, this time inside the bank, strong enough to cause them to stumble. Mòrag looked towards the bank, narrowing her eyes.

“So, use the weak link as bait for us, and the explosions to lure away everyone else and cause panic, all the while they steal everything without even going through the front door.” She muttered, “A sound plan… but not good enough to impede us, hmm?”

Mòrag moved to step in, but then stopped herself, furrowing her brow as she seemed to muse on something. Then, she would reach to her belt and throw out a pokeball, and out came a Kirlia.

“Orianna, do whatever you can to quell the flames.” Mòrag ordered her, and with a nod, Orianna disappeared in a Teleport, off to the scene of the explosions in order to assist. That done with, Mòrag would look to Talia.

“Shall we?”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ boo >:3
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
The Dragon's Hoard [M]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 0:00:34 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia hadn't intended to just stand there and let lead the interrogation, and yet that was precisely what had occurred in practise.

The flames in the distance distracted her, the cries of civilians filling her with an ache to serve a populace of flesh and blood rather than a bank filled with glittering coins of cold, lifeless gold. Then Mòrag began to threaten the boy below them, and Talia felt her eyes widen. "He is already in our custody," she chided softly. "We do not need to threaten more violence. We will turn him over to the right authorities, and--"

But Talia's thought was never finished, as Mòrag freed the young man with a threat punctuated by Draca's snort of displeasure.

It was not the time to argue. It was not the time to get indignant. Even so, the look that Talia gave her companion was frank in its utter disbelief.

"I suppose you follow your own code, then?" she said at last. "And that my input as your partner in this mission is unwanted?"

It was a rhetorical question, in the end. They had no time to feud.

"Lyra," she said instead, exhaling as she turned the thoughts aside and her Dragonair returned to her side, "AQUA TAIL. Quell the flames."

A spray of glistening droplets fell like rain from where the serpentine Pokemon wove through the air, dampening the fires of the explosion. "Let us go, then," Talia said, running towards the bank's entrance... which had been utterly devastated with the rubble.

Another Pokeball appeared in the turquoise-haired woman's hands, this time thrown into the air to reveal a Flygon. "Navi," she directed, not stopping in her movement, "BULLDOZE." The green Pokemon eagerly leapt forward, excavating the ruins to allow for easy passage into the main foyer of the building.

Rotoms floated overhead as they attempted to crack a heavy vault that possessed scorch marks from where an Electrode had exploded moments before. What few guards remained were locked in Pokemon battles, attempting to distract the criminals and their Pokemon from their objective. At a quick glance, the matter looked well in hand.

And yet.

Talia turned to Mòrag, a question in her eyes. "This can't be all of them," she whispered, sensing a trap. It was too... inefficient, too awkward a process, for such an elaborate operation that spanned several explosions.

Whatever this paltry theater of criminality was on the bottom floor, it was hardly the evening's final act.

● Bank on It ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Dragon's Hoard [M]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 6:38:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: