part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 19:09:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Interestingly enough . . . and perhaps not surprising, she couldn’t find any literature on whether or not a dead pokemon decays within a pokeball. had brought up that question at their previous meeting where he met the playful, pink Mew. For some reason, the boy had a dead pokemon in a pokeball. Perhaps Eva shouldn’t be one to judge. Cradled in the palm of her hand is a red and white sphere, containing what was a reanimated pokemon. She hadn’t opened it since she captured the Hariyama on Mt. Pyre. Is it still alive? Could you even call it that?

The scientist had been pulled in many directions since those events. It seemed like ages ago that they battled for the rights to procure samples from the ivory trees. Her grip on the pokeball tightened as she let her arm relax to dangle by her side. Mew sat curled on top of a nearby work bench, twitching in the midst of a dream.

She had readied everything in advance. She stood outside an observation room. It’s fortified with defense that would keep an above average pokemon and even an Ultras Beast at bay should it decide to get aggressive. It’s a design she requested with the hopes of one day acquired Shadow Pokemon to study. For now, it would be perfect for examining the Hariyama.

She waits patiently, leaned against a bare wall as she waits for her assistant, , to arrive.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,356 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 18:05:44 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam doublechecks the contents of the satchel slung on his shoulder. multiple folders, drives and a tablet rest on its confine, many of them transferred from one science lab to another.

confidential information within them were research from the last head scientist.

as soon as he made sure that nothing was missing, nor were they tampered, he breathes a sigh of relief as he enters the establishment. with a puffed chest and a bright smile, he makes his presence known.

"'ey! mister conrad's here!"

looking around, he quickly spots eva. his gabite follows him as his companion as they both walk up to the head scientist, with priam's hand clinging on to the satchel's strap.

"i got these from the last head scientist! it's the old research about blue mulch. probably, like, old experiments that failed, something like that. they told me to bring it here, you know, just in case."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 20:09:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Priam’s announcement draws Eva’s attention over to the young man. The doctor shifts her posture, pushing herself off the wall so she’s standing straight when Priam comes over. She greets him with a pleasant smile and turns her attention down to the satchel he carries. It’s crammed with papers and drives and folders of all sorts. Great, more records to read through.

“Thanks, Priam! I appreciate it. Go ahead and set it down over . . . “ she considers for a moment, glancing around the room, “There,” she points towards a table far enough away that it won’t impede their scheduled experimentation.

Eva had already read through what Priam originally brought her when they first met and she took over the previous scientist’s research on the Blue Mulch. Unfortunately, she hadn’t gotten to do much since then. A lot had happened, and her attention had been divided across multiple projects.

“How have you been, Priam? Everything going ok?” she hadn’t gotten to catch up with him in a while so a little small talk was appropriate before jumping into things.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,356 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 19:15:47 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he settles the package he had brought over from another lab to wherever eva had directed him to. he turns his head away from it as he answers the inquiry league's head scientist had. his gabite makes sure it doesn't fall on the edge of the table.

"oh, everything's going pleasant! i got stuck in one of those distortion things before, and, not gonna lie, it was pretty exciting!"

he's still riding the high from getting in a relationship not too long ago either. there's nothing bad that happened directly to him as far as he knows, so the priam branded cheerfulness was at an all-time high.

"are we finally doing something with the zombie?" priam asks, clearly excited since he's not actually going to be the one that needs to worry about the procedure. "y'know, this stuff's kinda exciting."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 18:40:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Great to hear!” Eva smiles, giving Priam a nod to emphasize that she’s happy everything seems to be going well, especially since Hoenn seemed to be imploding around them, “Well, next time you’re in one, grab a few samples! We’re still missing some new pokemon species, I think. I’ve heard rumors of strange looking Braviary and a weird Scyther evolution that seems pretty intense.”

With the small talk almost over she motions for Priam to follow her over towards the chamber just as he asks about the Zombie pokemon, “Yep! Figured now is better than never! We’ve put it off for a while though so . . . I honestly don’t even know if it’s still . . . animated,” she avoids the phrase “alive” for specific reasons.

An open pal slaps against the clear window of the Shadow Chamber, “I was originally planning to use this beauty for Shadow Pokemon but I lack the samples so I think it should hold against a zombie Hariyama. I’ve got Blade and Mew on standby, just in case,” Fingers crossed they will not be needed. The pink pokemon’s name stirs it from its nearby slumber. It floats over to Priam, giving the familiar man a friendly chirp in greeting.

Priam’s excitement is adorable, and it mirrors her own excitement. There was always a rush of adrenaline when it came to discoveries. Eva places the pokeball into a chamber that closes once the sphere is settled.

“Start the recording Priam, I want this all documented,” as if on cue a Rotomphone buzzes over to her assistant, “Are you ready?” she glances back at Priam and the device.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,356 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 16:31:59 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
pokemon from distortions were basically just his the same pokemon, he thinks to himself, and finds little distinction from them over their counterparts. then again, he doesn't really discriminate against pokemon outside of their prices for rocket businesses.

"not to brag or anything but, heh, i have four of 'em!"

three of them were basically his own pokemon mutating into new forms due to the distortion while one of them was newly caught. 'collecting' might not be the applicable term for him if he had them in the first place.

priam gives the mew a high five as eva runs him down with the explanation. he takes position right after.

"don't worry about the documentation! i've had enough tiktok and selfies to know my way 'round 'em. promise this'll be the best quality shots ever!"

does eva follow him on his social media? priam doesn't remember...

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 21:12:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Four?!” Eva turns, her smile brightening, “Well, we’ll just have to set up a time to collect samples from them,” the more samples the better! “Maybe bring them by tomorrow? I’m sure we can squeeze it in.”

With everything in place and ready to record, Eva looks back at him and Mew with a smile. The Pink pokemon curiously hovers behind Priam while the Gallde is still leaning against a nearby wall, watching, but not interested in actively participating.

“Alright, this is specimen 052921A, collected from the peak of Mt. Pyre. Preliminary observation suggests this is a deceased specimen resurrected as a result of INFINITY ENERGY given off by the Ivory Tree present at the time. Soil samples confirm the presence of Infinity Energy consistent with previously studied Blue Mulch,” Clearing her throat, Eva taps a few buttons. The chamber buzzes to life and a reading of the pokeball appears on a screen. The vital so the pokemon don’t match with a standard pokemon’s within a pokeball.

“Viability of the specimen, unknown.”

There’s only one way to find out.

Eva swipes across the screen. The machine whirls to life again. The image of the pokeball disappears and the pokeball itself reappears on the other side of the glass within the chamber. The device clicks, expanding and releasing the contents in a flash of light.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,356 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 18:03:43 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam himself has experienced the reanimation of the dead. the gabite by his side had been dead for almost three years, only to be brought back to life upon acquisition of the blue mulch for his own use.

it was vastly different than what the pokemon in front of them had undergone.

he watches in awe as eva releases the hariyama. its containment makes priam feel safe enough, but he moves to touch the gabite with his leg regardless for ease of mind.

"i guess it's still half-baked..." priam absently mutters despite holding the camera for recording.

there was nothing similar between the hariyama and his gabite despite both being risen from the dead. one has a formed conscious while the other was less than satisfactory in its facilities.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 4:51:44 GMT
shiv Avatar

NECROMANCY

eva morales x priam conrad

UPON CAREFUL EXAMINATION, the two would find that the Hariyama is indeed, "dead". However, its cells are brimming with INFINITY ENERGY, an energy derived from the life force of Pokemon.

This bioenergy is rumored to have come from the resurgence of a Xerneas within the region after The Ultra Beast War.

It is entirely likely that should the Hariyama be loosed from its pokeball that the infinity energy would eventually leave its macabre vessel. Doing so would cause the Hariyama to die again.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 22:18:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The time has come, and as the machine engulfs the pokeballs, a set of vital recording appears on screen: a heartbeat and rhythm, a respiration rate, mental status, and . . . Eva squints and peer closer on the screen. There’s a reading there, one she recognized from her Primal Energy research. It’s similar, but different at the same time.

“Vitals read that the specimen is viable, initiating release in 3, 2, 1 . . .”

The Hariyama is released into the chamber. It blinks, quite uncertain of where it is. The vitals remain stable for a moment. All except mental status – that seems almost non-existent. The pokemon also didn’t quite seem “all there”. Unlike the Gabite, is body is still mutilated with wounds from its time of death. Nothing about it is ‘repaired’. The tissues seem void of life.

“Specimen 052921A, do you –“ she’s cut off by the frantic beeps and chimes of the machine’s alarms. Eva doesn’t panic, she reaches across the keyboard to start giving the machine commands, “Vitals are falling but energy readings are increasing. Initiate critical life saving measures.”

The heart rate on the screen slows dramatically, sending another frantic alarm to add to the rest. Two needles appear, one administering atropine, the other epinephrine. The doses seem to have no effect as the reading in front of her dips to a flat line.

“Damn it!” she curses, peering into the chamber at the collapsed Hariyama, “Specimen 052921A, deceased. Strong evidence of Infinity Energy still present in the chamber,”

With a sigh she steps back, glancing towards Priam, “You can turn it off now, thanks,” There’s only one thing left to do now . . . “Welp, time for a necropsy!” Eva claps and rubs her hands together. It’s not her favorite thing to do but valuable, nonetheless. You can collect samples form deceased pokemon you otherwise couldn’t from living ones.

Does Infinity Energy cause something similar to Primal energy Intoxication? Time to find out!

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,356 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 19:34:32 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
everything that happened in the short while got the hair on his arms stand to their ends. there was goosebumps that often appeared when something supernatural happens in front of him, but the only difference this time was that he's not in danger.

obedient to every word, priam turns the camera off at eva's word. priam hands it to his gabite afterwards, who then brings it to a nearby table.

"necropsy?" priam repeats, taking a while to register the word in his learned vocabulary. "o-oh! i'll call the labs then! do you wanna do it right here or should i get them to get the room ready?"

he didn't actually understand the commentary that eva had said during the entire duration of it, but snippets of it. though experience with the infinity energy phenomenon was there, priam can't share any of it considering its ties with his own rocket activity.

priam goes to the intercom panel on the wall, ready to request whichever assistance eva needed for the operation.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 3:48:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It really is disappointing to watch the Hariyama’s life force fade off into, well, nothing. For a moment, she silent, simply staring at the corpse in the chamber before pulling it back into a pokeball and out of the device with a push of the button.

“Hmmm, we’ll wanna go to the room. It’s too messy for the lab,” blood, guts, nasty smells. Plus, this was a big pokemon. A small Spoink she could do on an exam table, but a Hariyama deserved a whole room.

“Do you wanna help or sit this one out?” she’d never force an assistant to get elbow deep in a corpse unless they really wanted to.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,356 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 4:48:09 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"heckie, i've seen worse! i can't be backing down on a once-in-a-lifetime experience of seeing doctor morales dissect a dead pokemon in front of me!"

as he gets the scientist's permission, priam quickly phones the lab assistants concerned with the more technical part of the research. a brief exchange gets priam to leave the phone with a smile.

"they said it's going to be ready by the time we get there. shall we?"

priam and his gabite go to the door, opening it for eva like the gentleman that he is. as they make their way out of the room, he takes once last look at the chamber where the hariyama was before turning back to eva.

"but, uh, ya, i'm allowed in, right?" he asks again in confirmation. technically, his role is mostly clerical with very little involvement with the actual science stuff so he only gets away with tagging along with permission.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 1:54:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Despite the macabre setting of the overall situation, Priam always has a way of getting Eva to smile. She even lets out a light laugh as they make their way towards the door, “Once-in-a-lifetime, huh?” this seemed to be turning into a fairly frequent occurrence, unfortunately.

As Eva tucks some loose strands of hair back into her messy bun, she nods, glancing back at Priam briefly, “Yeah! Just uhhh follow my lead!” and don’t get hurt. She’d hate to have to explain that to HR.

“And wear this,” she smiles as they turn into the entrance of the pathology section. She tosses him a clean lab coat and boots before donning her own. She snaps on a set of gloves and encourages him to do the same, “This’ll be a big one! Probably messy so . . . don’t hesitate to leave if ya have to, alright?” Aka vomit outside the room, “I’ll have you take some notes and organize some samples, that sound ok?”

With everything set up and the Hariyama in place, she gets to work systematically dissecting the specimen and verbally relaying her findings for Priam to record and photograph. Every now and then she hands him a sample, hopeful that she’ll be able to find something useful.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
necromancy [c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 10:04:56 GMT
shiv Avatar

NECROMANCY

eva morales x priam conrad

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF PRIMAL ENERGY INTOXICATION. Of course, too much INFINITY ENERGY may be dangerous. That may depend on the matter in which it is endowed, however, for each Pokemon possesses their own biosignatures and powers.

An external force pushing INFINITY ENERGY into a Pokemon may encounter several issues. Perhaps, the "wrong" type of Infinity Energy could be added. That is, should there be nuances depending on the Pokemon, the species. Such is evident in the way Avatars are bestowed and how each of their powers is distinct and unique.

However, and may consider... something more befitting of the body's origin: Mt. Pyre.

Through their necropsy, they may briefly acknowledge the idea that there may have been a supernatural force at play. Spirits, perhaps? A soul?

Was this Hariyama's soul able to cross- and if not, what had stopped it?