Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 18:09:23 GMT
Berthold Hawthorne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

The point of revenge is not in the completion but in the process.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

[break][break]
It was a dark and dreary midday. The clouds hung low and heavily above the harbor city. A sigh escaped from Berthold as he took a peek through the windows of the first floor within the red house. “Oh, I suppose I shouldn’t expect a lot of guests today.” He mumbled, he could hear clinging and clanging downstairs. It brought a smile to his face, this was the beautiful melody of productivity from his staff as it prepared to open for the day.
[break][break]
“Eirlys, be a dear and make sure the flowers are in tip-top shape, would you?” He glanced towards his Roselia who nodded and went on its way while he finished prepping the last few details of his attire. It was a rather vintage look he had decided upon this day, a white shirt underneath a grey blazer, and black pants with straps on each side. And with glasses neatly resting upon his nose, his mustache neatly groomed, and hair slickly groomed backward, he had to admit he looked rather dabber.
[break][break]
“Now, I wonder when she will arrive.” He mumbled, as he looked around what was his bedroom. Framed pictures hung neatly on the wall beside his bed, his eyes fell upon one of them, in particular, this time. It was a picture taken many years ago, at a different time. He and his wife alongside their oldest and their spouse and, at the time, very young kids.
[break][break]
He gently shook his head, he couldn’t stand and reminisce all day. He walked out of the room, locked the door behind him, then through the small corridor that lead to the stairs going down. He entered the bar area first, he would be running that for today. Though he wasn’t about to check up on it right now, first he moved on and went to check the kitchen. “Everything coming along?” He asked, quickly poking his head in. Though the only response he got was a ‘sure thing, boss’ and a thumbs up. Ever the focused individual his cook was. He then moved on to the dining area, where his would-be waitress was doing the last of the cleaning and setting up for the day alongside his Roselia.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Seki

She/Her
August 01
Slateport
Heterosexual
None
Civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allison
Allison Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 18:51:13 GMT
Allison Hawthorne Avatar
Well, she made it... it had been a long trip from her home to here, one she did not want to take but here she was anyway. Allison let out a sigh as she made sure her violin case on her back was still sitting right on her back before she hanks up in her suitcase. "come on vulpix, we can't let the old man keep waiting" she say looking down on her beautiful white and ice-blue vulpix next to her, the young pokemon lent out a jif as they both start walking through town to where her grandfather supposedly was living now. It had been 5 years or so since she last see him, the day they had to say goodbye to her grandmother.

it take some time for her to find the place, even with the GPS on her phone but she had not been to the town before so it was not easy, but she look at the red house as she stood outside, it was more close to lunchtime now but hey better late than never. she put her phone into her pocket on her light blue jeans, as she made sure her white sweater was sitting right. vulpix looked at her, before rubbing its nose against her leg, she look down and smile "okay I am ready" she mumbled as she places her hand on the door grip and opens the door. the first thing that hit her was the smell of food and coffee, there was a good amount of people in there that was for sure. she steep further in with vulpix close to her right leg, clearly more nervous than Allison was. Allison looked around in what looked like a dining area, but on one looked like her grandpa, not for the last photo she had on her phone of him, from her just before she turned 11 where grandmother was still alive... she bid herself in the life before and was not sure if she shut ask someone for help, or sit down or maybe come back later when there were not as many customers.
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 19:07:52 GMT
[nospaces]

[break][break]
Preparations were being done expediently. Ever quicker as the clock approached an hour before lunch. Though it didn’t take long before the first customers arrived after the doors had been opened, and then more, and soon the waitress had more than enough work to do.

[break][break]

Oh, I suppose I was wrong Berthold thought, a small smile spread across his face as he moved about the bar, cleaning it and the assortment of booze bottles that had been strategically placed upon it. Not a lot of people would be drinking at this hour, but he was here for those few who felt so inclined. Though he was certainly ready to help where there need of him in the dining area.
[break][break]

It was then that he noticed a certain someone entering. Though she clearly hadn’t noticed him. He couldn’t help but chuckle at that, he knew it had been a long time, but THAT long, he didn’t think so. He slung the cleaning cloth over his shoulder, and left the bar, moving quietly but quickly over to the little lady who had just entered. “And who do we have here?” he mused in a mischievous tone. “Young lady, people under the legal drinking age have to be accompanied by an adult.”

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Seki

She/Her
August 01
Slateport
Heterosexual
None
Civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allison
Allison Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 19:33:12 GMT
Allison Hawthorne Avatar
Allison had not noticed her grandpa standing in the bar, clearly seeing her standing there like a lost lamb in a forest so to say. the many noises and smells and her thoughts were filling so much that she could not really notice much. with that being said she, therefore, did not notice her grandpa coming closer to her, not before the talk to her broke her thought process and scarred the living daylight out of her! that resulted in her giving a little jump on the spot with made Vulpix jump, but in sted of barking or growl in a chock, the Little fox pokemon start running around under the tables! Allison got flustered and panic she was not that great when shit hit the fan, "Grandpa!" she say with a slight raise voice, looking at the old man who sims to be amused by sneaking up to her, she then tries to keep her eyes on her vulpix how was running under chars and tables "oh no" Allison say, letting go of her suitcase but still with the violin case on her back, as she try to get a hold on they panic little pokemon, and she did... after the poor thing hade crash into a table nooking food and drinks down on both the customs and the pokemon, how no was cover in what look like tomato sauce, and some vegetables. "oh god I am soo sorry" Allison say as she carefully picks up the confuse and dirty pokemon up, trying not to get anything on her cloths, could this just go any worse great way to come back into her grandpa's life.. making a messes or more her pokemon making a messes making her look like a idiot, she wise she was home in her room, so she could hide and never come out, it toke a lot for her not to start crying, sins the costumer start scolding her and her Pokemon for the messes it hade made.
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 20:07:00 GMT
[nospaces]

[break][break]
Sneaking up on her like that, maybe not one of his wisest decisions, alas it was the one he picked and the one he had to live with the consequences of. He surprised her, she yelped out, and the Pokémon by her side panicked. He couldn’t help but laugh as the Pokémon ran about trying to hide and in the process knocked down a table with some customers.
[break][break]

Naturally, the victims got angry. Though before they could start a verbal beating of Allison, Berthold placed himself in between the customers and Allison like a shield. “I am terribly sorry for the mess.” But alas the Customer was not satisfied with an apology, luckily he defused the ‘Karen’ by offering a new serving free of charge.
[break][break]

Berthold waved for his Waitress to handle the rest of the situation while he turned to Allison. “Let’s go and get you two cleaned up.” He walked onto her side, wrapping one arm around her, only touching enough for him to be able to gently lead her along as he showed her to the stairs leading upwards. “It’s been far too long dear. How have you been doing?” He asked as they would walk up the stairs, leaving behind the noise of the customers and staff.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Seki

She/Her
August 01
Slateport
Heterosexual
None
Civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allison
Allison Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 7:57:50 GMT
Allison Hawthorne Avatar
This whole thing was a big mess, and Allison felt bad for making such a mess in her grandpa's pup. but she would say hade he not sneaked up on her she would not hade gotten scared and vulpix would not have started running around like crazy. the way her grandpa handle the 'Karen' was better than she properly would have, had she not been so cut off guard by the hole messe her poor vulpix hade made. she would properly hade started a yelling fight with the person, lucky that did not happen and she felt her grandpa's arm around her should, starting to lead her upstairs to clean up her poor pokemon.

"I am sorry Grandpa I did not mean to come here and make a mess of your place" she start as she kept walking with her, her eyes looking at her vulpix how was mow liking what sause it could of itself, clearing more relax now and enjoying the sause.
"I have been fine thanks, and you? are you going to stay now?" she ask as they got upstares, she know he had business now but still, she was worried he might leave again and thought it might not show as much anymore but back when she was little, she was a really grandpa and grandma's girl. the best thing she knew back then was when they visit, and they had fun all together both just them and with their pokemon.
"oh, grandpa! the vulpix you and grandma gave me when I was little, has evolved!" she smiled big, she had been so surprised when that happen, but she had been so excited to show them. but then grandma died and he left.. she hades not hade the chance to even show neither of them, but now she could, plus the other pokemon she hade!
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 8:41:47 GMT
[nospaces]

Berthold was glad that his granddaughter seemed remorseful, while he admittedly was partially to blame, it was her that had caused it. Nevertheless he lead her away from the ruckus, and as he did they had a nice little conversation.
[break][break]
“I have been doing as well as an old man like me can do.” He answered with a jesting tone to his voice. “And yes, I will be staying around.” He reassured her. He knew it must have been hard on her these last five years. But she was still far too young to understand the severity of what he had been doing.
[break][break]
“Oh it has?” he spoke joyfully. He remembered the day they had given it to her like it was yesterday. “I can’t wait to meet it. “ he states as they got closer and closer to the bathroom.
[break][break]
Once at the door he gently, opened it and said. “How much sauce did you get on your clothes?” he looked at the vulpix who was already hard at work cleaning itself. With the way that disaster had gone there’d surely be no way she could have avoided it all.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Seki

She/Her
August 01
Slateport
Heterosexual
None
Civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allison
Allison Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 9:04:39 GMT
Allison Hawthorne Avatar
it was comforting to know that, the old man was doing okay it could not be easy getting old and now run a pup. Allison looked at her grandpa as the got on top of the stars, though he was an old man he look younger than most old men she had seen back in her home time, which was lucky for him she guesses. she smile as he say that he would stay around, that was a relief she did not want to see him leaving again anytime soon, after being gone for so long as he hades.

"mhm she hade become a beautiful Ninetails" she explains as she smiles, she loves her pokemon but Ninetails hade a special place in her hard, sins it was her first pokemon ever, and it was a gift from him and her grandma. that vulpix now ninetails hade really been her best friends throughout her life so far, and now it was taking on the role as a mother for her newest little vulpix after she adopted it from the street the poor thing.

she follow her grandpa into the bathroom and put down the little pokemon how to try her best to get herself clean, Allison look down herself, as he ask how much she had gotten on her. she could see small spots on her pants, but lucky not on her with the sweater. "just a little on the jeans but els I don't see any spot on my sweater" she says, as she looks at him with a small smile, then looks at vulpix how to try to lick its own back, not that I was going to well. Allison left a little sigh, vulpix was just a baby still in her eyes, well she hades only had it for a year almost 2 know if she remembers correctly.

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 10:28:45 GMT
[nospaces]

Berthold nodded along as she began to explain. Naturally he knew what a vulpix would evolve into, but it was always nice to hear it explained in such a loving manner, clearly Allison had taken good care of it.

[break][break]
“Very well, see if you can get it off, we wouldn’t want it to leave any stains.” Berthold spoke calmly. “I will wait outside.” He then leaned up against the wall outside the bathroom.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Seki

She/Her
August 01
Slateport
Heterosexual
None
Civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allison
Allison Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 10:53:59 GMT
Allison Hawthorne Avatar
Allison look at her grandpa as he says he would wait outside, "okay I try not to take too long" she said, before closing the door behind her and going over to the sink and open up the water. she use the first 5 mins on getting the sauce of her pants, sadly it did leave some smell stains but if she was lucky it would go off in a proper wash next was her vulpix "okay you time for a bath" she said as she turns to her pokemon.

her vulpix lent out some jiffs and try to get away but her Allison was prepared and was quick to get the pokemon. after that, you could hear some wimping from the vulpix, not a fan of getting wash "it's your own fault little lady! and now you look more like
you half a normal color vulpix"
Allison sighed as she try getting the stain of the light color fur.

"oh well you have this miss color for some time it seems, we will just have to wait for it to fait on its own" she found a towel and start drying off the pokemon, to its delight as it made small growling noises, Allison just shook her head "what to do with you little girl" she smiles and pick up the pokemon in the towel and kept drying her off as she walks out to her grandpa "clean as we can get" she says with a small smile.

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 14:42:11 GMT
[nospaces]

Berthold waited patiently, listening to the sound of the struggles Allison were going through, it was an all too familiar sound. He chuckled a bit.
[break][break]
Though the wash didn’t take long. As expected, it seemed that Allison could work fast if she wanted to. Berthold nodded in response to her words and the began to walk to the next room.
[break][break]
He lead Allison into the room, it was currently working as Bertholds living room, with a simple sofa, table and TV being the only furniture found inside besides ornamental family pictures and paintings.
[break][break]
Berthold gestured for her to take a seat. “So, I assume your parent’s have already explained why they have sent you here?” He asked calmly.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Seki

She/Her
August 01
Slateport
Heterosexual
None
Civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allison
Allison Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 18:32:26 GMT
Allison Hawthorne Avatar
Allison follow her grandpa to what looked like a living room, though he had a lot less stuff in there than back home with her parents. she recognizes some of the pictures on the walls, mostly the ones with a younger version of herself. she look at him again, as he made the gesture to take a seat. she place herself on the sofa, with vulpix on her lap as she was still drying it off as genteel as possible

"yes, grandpa..." Allison let out a sigh, to be fair Allison thought her parents were overreaction she was not that special! and she could not see what good it would do to go stay here with her grandpa not that she did not want to, but more like on holidays or something like that not tough work. she look at her grandpa, awaiting to hear what plans he may have made for her to do here, or to tell her that this was good for her or some kind of speech for her.

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 19:46:32 GMT
[nospaces]

[break][break]
Full glad was he that her parents had explained their choices. It made the whole thing easier for him. The sigh didn’t go unnoticed. “Now, Allison-dear. You are sixteen – “ He paused. He couldn’t believe it even though it was his very own words. “And your parents are worried that you are not ready for the world of adults.” He looked at her with caring eyes, then he retrieved a chair so that he could sit in front of her.
[break][break]
“Now, I am not one to say whether they are right or wrong. But here we are. And if you look anything like me when I was your age, then I am sure your head is soaring in the sky with all sorts of plans.” A cheeky smile upon his lips left the impression of a man who spoke from the heart. “Now, whatever plans you may have aren’t going to happen without discipline and focus, which having an actual job will give you.” He paused, waiting to see if Allison was still following his words.
[break][break]
“So, Allison, what do you want to do with your life?” He directed the question at her and waited patiently for her to answer. He didn’t expect her to have a fully thought-out plan, but he needed her to be thinking about it.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Seki

She/Her
August 01
Slateport
Heterosexual
None
Civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allison
Allison Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 18:34:28 GMT
Allison Hawthorne Avatar
and there it was, the speech had begun. Allison let out a small sigh as she look at her grandpa as he began to talk, she was now sixteen and her parents felt like she was not ready for the adult world. true told he was not wrong but she just did not have any idea of what she wanted to do with her life, and she was a typical teenager why did she need a plan? all she wanted to was to have fun, play her violin from time to time, and spent time with her pokemon, normally her friends but they were all back home, and her family which she could do still, sins she had to live her at his place.

"I don't know" Allison says outright, she had no idea what she want with her life. she did not like the idea of working for a whole bunch as her dad did, she did not have any dreams of what she wanted, well a boyfriend someday would be nice but other than that not much. she leans back into the sofa and started playing with some of the vulpix furs on top of its head, to the little pokemons' delight. "and why do all adults want me to have a plan anyway? I just want to be and have fun and not work like a crazy as dad does..." she kept looking down on the little pokemon as she readied herself, for more of her grandpa's leachur.

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
A New Home (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 19:11:15 GMT
[nospaces]

It seemed Berthold had the wrong idea about his grandchild. She didn’t have the faintest clue what she wanted to do with her life. He had to admit that was much worse. “Because the world will find something to do with you, and you might not like it. Just look at where you are right now. You didn’t decide to be here. Someone else did.” For a second he looked stern, he remembered having this conversation all too often with his kids.
[break][break]
His gaze turned softer. “Oh dear, I went ahead with a lecture, huh.” He sighed. “Allison, you are sixteen, you are on your way to being an adult. And I want you to be prepared for the time when you might find a dream to work towards.” He knew his words were probably lost upon the teenager, she would doubtlessly not heed a single word he spoke.
[break][break]
“But enough about that.” He made a wavey gesture with his hand, figuring that trying to hammer the point in further wouldn’t help his case. “As for what you could do with your life, have you considered trying to become a professional Pokémon trainer?”

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES