forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 22:39:00 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
sitting in front of the screen of his laptop, gabriel's agitation grew.

he'd never been ambidextrous, and was particularly inefficient when using his non-dominant hand. now that his dominant hand was rotting somewhere in a parallel universe, he'd been forced to adapt.

it wasn't going well.

with a roar of frustration, he sweeps his desk of it's contents. paperwork, books, coffee and even the computer are sent flying across the room, scattering, spattering, and shattering against the far wall and the floor in-between. it's loud and unbecoming of a councilman, but gabriel doesn't care.

he stands, quickly moving to the massive glass that overlooks the city behind him, feeling rage and... panic begin to surge. the giant breathes heavily, no longer feeling like the titan he was known as.

behind him, the door opens a crack.

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
we survive only by our nature
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 4:19:22 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
she had not known him before the incident, but during her short time thus far under his employment, he had been short. unapproachable. it hadn’t been the experience she'd expected, but she maintained her patience, gently at a distance and working diligently. most days, they didn’t speak much at length. most tasks did not require many words after a little repetition.

the roar drew her straight out of her assignment, eyes like small saucers. the epic crash that followed willed her to her feet, and finally towards the big door that concealed an obviously very distraught councilman black. a wounded bear.

her hand hesitated very briefly before knocking.

”sir? is everything alright?”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 19:18:33 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
the rising tide of emotions that swells in his chest threaten to spill over like an erupting volcano. 's knock is like thunder to his ears, and as much as his body wants to turn to face the door, he doesn't. he couldn't. in small bouts he shook, rattled by anger, fear and pain.

instinctively his eyes wander down to the once mighty limb and only the ghost of it greets him. if he concentrated, gabriel would swear he could still flex it; could still feel the muscles tense and fingers flex. mentally he stops the effort, and the phantom like sensation lessens.

it didn't vanish. it never did.

"babineaux," he starts, voice taking on the deep, powerful, but projected confidence, "i did not realize you had come in today."

she'd heard.

she'd see.

his shame laid to bear.

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 2:21:25 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
this eruption was still unseen, only heard. now fallen silent. it became instantly clear to her, before he even said it. perhaps he wasn’t quite used to having her around yet. was this something the rest of his staff was accustomed to? they seemed to be rather skittish around him.

”yes, sir.” there was a moment of quiet on her side of the door, before she continued, ”would you prefer to be alone?” it would be understandable. clearly, he had not yet recovered. she could scarcely imagine the loss.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 3:28:41 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
"come in," he says finally, answering her question by not answering it all. provided she did come through, he stands straight, ignoring the mess on the floor all around them.

"close the door." no need to show the rest of the company his failures. staring at her for a moment, assessing the woman in a way that was difficult to read, he speaks again.

"how are you adjusting?"

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 9:33:54 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
she eyed the heavy door handle in brief consideration of suggesting otherwise, before she turned it to reveal the mess on the other side. she had to will herself not to gawk at it. it was as though a bomb had set off from his desk.

close the door. a request she had expected about as much as the initial cause of this scenario. she obliged anyways, quietly shutting the door behind her.

she didn’t enter much further into the room, watching him with a soft stare and hands clasped low in front of her.

”very well. i enjoy my time working in the offices, and you have a lovely home.” she did wish that he’d been more approachable, but predicated that enough patience and grace would pay off in the long-run.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 19:17:02 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
she was polite, professional even, but the distance between them was more than the physical space one could see. that alone almost had his anger rising again, as foolish as that sounded, but he bites his words off before they could become flames.

he'd been used to this before he lost his arm — so why did it bother him so much now?

gabriel grunts in response, dismissing the casual politeness. he didn't much care for those.

"do you have everything you need?"

another question pops into his mind.

"have you reached out to the other councilman or their staff?"

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 1:39:23 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
her eyes remained on him, careful not to drift to the mess that littered the floor. she would carry things for him; however, she would not pick them up off the ground. it would set the wrong precedent for someone of her status.

”i do, thank you.”

at his question about the rest of the council, she nodded, recalling the day she’d met the senior councilman in the breakroom. she hoped he had enjoyed the sandwich. she hoped even more that the gesture would be remembered regardless.

”i’ve met some of the staff, and councilman , so far. our conversation wasn’t long.”

she gave a small smile, then, with a touch of humor.

”he did express that he felt you had cut in line for an assistant—but don’t tell him i told you, of course.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 14:40:12 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"mm, did he now?"
[Break][break]
across the room his phone vibrates. once, twice, before settling down. striding over to it, he reads the message.
[Break][break]
gabriel smiles, but it's not filled with mirth - was it ever?
[Break][break]
"it seems you've been reassigned," he starts, head tilting upwards. "you will cater to the needs of all current councilman until further notice."
[Break][break]
perhaps he needed a word with one .

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 3:02:19 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
did gabriel have a sense of humor? she wasn’t yet sure. the smile on his face was difficult to read.

his phone went off, and she waited patiently. then, at his announcement, a smile happier, younger than his own crept upon her face. vibrant, despite the smallness of it as she tried to suppress her excitement. this meant that she was now the new intern.

”i apologize, mr. black. i assumed you were aware i had applied for an internship. it was a while ago, to be fair.”

unsure what else to say, she ended with, ”thank you for telling me.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 7:18:05 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"mm, do not apologize." he waves it off both physically, and mentally. "i do not speak for the other members of the council, but so long as you are working under me, you will not apologize for any reason what so ever."
[break][break]
he moves to the far side of the room, ignoring the mess he's made with his belongings, and uncaps a glass stopper. even with his back to to the woman his powerful voice is far from muffled.
[break][break]
"drink, iseult?"

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 10:49:26 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
it would be uncomfortable not to apologize for mistakes to a councilman, but she listened well enough. if gabriel didn’t like apologies, she would complete her tasks to a level of perfection which did not warrant one.

”understood.”

as he turned to prepare his drink, her eyes finally drifted towards more of the mess.

”no, thank you, sir.”

had he been drinking already? had that been the reason for the explosion?

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 17:36:37 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he pours himself one, downing it in a matter of seconds, before his next pour is taken with him.

[break][break]
as he reaches his desk, he lets the silence stretch for a moment. then, finally, he speaks.
[break][break]
"do you have family, iseult?"

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 9:41:06 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
this was… a little insulting. concerning. this single moment could have begun quite a bit of bad blood if iseult hadn’t immediately decided to keep it to herself. she could only hope that this was a lapse, or the booze, and that councilman black did in fact keep up with world politics—or at the very least, the world’s political figures who visited within the walls of his own headquarters.

”yes, sir. i'm here in hoenn with my father. my mother remains in kalos.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rocks and glass houses
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 3:30:25 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
there's a noticeable narrowing of the eyes, a flaring of his nostrils, as his question blows back on him in full. gabriel grinds his teeth, flexing his jaw muscles in the process.
[break][break]
"mm, right." he wasn't the type to make rookie mistakes like this. the mere thought of it has his fingers tightening dangerously around the rim of his glass.
[break][break]
"how is your father?"
[break][break]
besides working for the enemy. but that dies well before it gets to his throat.