1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 9:26:27 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
In Slateport City, in one of its many abandoned warehouses, a singular bloom of glowing flowers had sprouted in a patch of grass, around it, the water clarified, turning from rust red sewage to clear, crystalline spring water, allowing the local Ratatta population to flourish.

The flowers multiplied, growing from a single patch, until eventually the entire warehouse was filled with them, and that was when a group of delinquents had spotted them, and picked them up. Soon, these crystal flowers were found in nearby markets, in the vases of loved ones, a strange, and unknown flower that had yet to be researched and deemed safe for the local populations. It was at this point that the League took notice, and began to confiscate the goods from anonymous tips. And it was for this reason that the League had decided to alert the Head Ranger, and to ask him to help oversee the first area sighting of the Crystabloom.

Accompanying him was a trainer, who had arrived early to the scene. He picked at his guitar outside the tape and the policement standing outside. Clearly, they would not allow entry to a simple trainer, not without the Head Ranger arriving as of yet. And so he plucked at his cordless guitar, opening the night out with a simple melody, waiting patiently.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 9:52:42 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

While tonight was one of the days he wasn’t on duty, fact of the matter was that there was something urgent that needed his attention.

(They were lucky that the bar one of the Head Rangers frequented wasn’t open, so he was just at home helping Ro and Alpha train most of the younger Pokémon he had with him when the message came sliding in.)

“Alph, keep an eye on them. Ro, you’re coming with me, we have something to deal with down at Slateport.”

And so it was he left the Lucario in charge of the training back at Verdanturf (he’d left Gareth with the other Fighting-type as well) and made his way down to the coastal city, down by the outskirts…

…why was he not surprised to see a lot of people already here?

Alighting from his Metagross, he then recalled the shining silver beast to allow him time to rest, and once he got to the tape, showed them his Ranger ID before being allowed access—

And he then realized he wasn’t alone.

Heading over to where there was someone playing a cordless guitar he then gave the man a once-over—

“You’re the one who found the flowers?” he inquired quietly, allowing them to finish the song first.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 10:04:13 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
When the Head Ranger arrived, the policemen stopped and saluted, as did Callan stop playing the song, and only when he realized that he had let him continue did he finish off his riff, then stand up, briefly smiling. "No officer, but I was assigned to this mission to accompany you. It's nice to meet you, I'm Callan Young." He offered a handshake to the head ranger.

"I was waiting on your arrival, since the police wouldn't let me through without your express permission, given what I look like--" Callan gestured briefly to his leather jacket and greaser attire, alongside his piercings and the various accessories of metal that made him look essentially like a punk, "I guess they're not entirely unwarranted." "It was for precautionary measures." The policeman spoke, though with some apology in his voice. Callan didn't mind either way.

"Shall I take you in sir?" The policeman asked Lars, and Callan was very much more than happy to just have the authority take the lead on this one.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 10:17:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He could only sigh minutely. What was it with people going off first impressions, really?

(Because somewhere, out there, in another universe not that he was going to easily admit this to himself he was pretty sure there was a version of himself that looked exactly like Callan, only with much more visible ink and an eyebrow piercing.)

“He meant well, you know,” he said in the officer’s direction before letting the companion officer take the lead and show them where the strange sightings of the flowers were first reported inside the warehouse.

(And if he was being honest with himself, a warehouse suddenly being populated with mysterious, glowing flowers? It kind of reminded him of a game one of his friends played in their free time.)

Once he’d returned the handshake in Callan’s direction, he said to the other in hushed tones, “Don’t worry about it—honestly, I still can’t believe most people go by first impressions. You’ve been through some hard times?”

It took one to know one, really.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 10:43:33 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan shook firmly, before following Lars and the companion officer inside. The warehouse was decrepit, for the most part, save for the beautiful arrangement of flowers now decorating the broken sections of the ground, which gave way to earth that allowed for the blooms to show. He had to admit, they were beautiful, good enough to send to an ex-wife. "It's okay sir." Callan replied, he gave a smile that was more of acceptance than anything else. "I would be a little hesitant too, in their stead."

The older he was, the more he understood why things had to be the way they were. Reality often catered little to the expectations and the reasonings of anyone. He paused briefly, looking towards Lars, "I think so, but it's no different from the hardships of everyone else." He paused, "Scratch the surface, and I think a lot of people are holding some degree of deep tragedy, and it's something that unites us regardless of who we are, or how much we show."

A scientist came up, middle age, cleanly dressed, covered in a blue plastic suit that covered most of his body. He took off his helmet to greet the pair. "Hello Ranger." He spoke, primarily towards Lars, "We've done a thorough disinfection and preliminary assessment of the warehouse and the flowers. The flowers don't seem to have any toxic influences around them, on the contrary, it looks like it's purified the water puddles nearby. Some of the Rattata in the local population have been drinking it, and aside from an increase in the breeding numbers it seems like there's nothing inherently harmful about the flowers. "Do you have any instructions on how you want to handle this?"

tyEKMFeu

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 11:19:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Please don’t call me sir, I already feel old enough as it is,” he continued with an embarrassed chuckle. “Just Lars is fine, really.”

If he was being honest with himself, his companion would be pretty much around or close to his age range, if he was going to take a guess about it. Hmm.

(Plus he wasn’t too big on formality, because that definitely put a barrier between getting to know people in and outside of work, after all.)

The next thing that would greet them was—okay, someone definitely took their work very seriously. Guess he’d have to call in a favor with a certain and ask if the other man’s girlfriend could look into this for them—he wasn’t too sure if these flowers appearing from out of nowhere meant that something was coming.

“I would advise contacting either or and sending samples over to them to examine,” was his first reply. “Send samples of both of the flowers, and the water.”

Because who knew what would happen? Nothing to lose, nothing to gain, right?

8Zo17j1j

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 11:31:52 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan nodded, "Sure, Lars it is then." There is a brief rustle in between the grass as somethingg flits in and out of the brush, but it goes by unnoticed, too quick to be visible, save for a faint glow that streaks by as neither trainer are able to see them.

The scientists nod to the Head Ranger's suggestion. "We'll collect samples of the water as well, and send them to the two of them immediately sir." With that out of the way, they would go to work. Seemingly everything had gone relatively smooth without much of his own involvement. "How about you Lars?" He asked in return, "Something going on at your end that's making you unhappy?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 11:58:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oh, that was a loaded question if he’d ever encountered one.

Well, if he was being honest with himself… there was just too much.

“To be honest… it’s been quiet lately,” he remarked as he watched the rest of the people in the hazmat suits get to work.

“Whenever it’s too quiet, something big’s always brewing over the horizon. Can’t help but always be on high alert because of that.”

And when things were too peaceful? Yeah, something was definitely coming. Nobody knew what, but there was always something lurking just waiting to swoop down on everyone and catch the entire region off-guard.

He was… bracing himself, for lack of better wording.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 12:13:41 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Well, for better of for worse, "I think we'll be able to handle it, I'm pretty sure at this point Hoenn's got the strongest trainers in the world." He remarked, he had no clue if it was actually true, of course, but based on its history of constant conflict and the fact that somehow, normalcy and some degree of order is still prevalent, spoke to its ability to resist, in no small part due to its rangers and even their everyday citizens.

"I'm studying to become a ranger as well." He spoke, turning towards Lars. It seemed as if the rest of the day would be relatively smooth, nothing serious occurred, no toxins, no deaths, the samples would be sent and researched for further effects. Everything was, for better or for worse, under control. A pity, he kind of wanted there to be some kind of violence occurring, but if life gave you an easy paycheck, it was better to be grateful for that too. "When I get my license, you think I could get a reference from you? It'd help a lot to pay the bills." Callan chuckled, it was a joke, but part of him was serious too. He'd definitely do better with a head ranger and one of the most notable trainers in the world giving him a recommendation.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 13:24:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He couldn’t help but chuckle softly at the other’s pronouncement.

Strongest? More like most reckless trainers in the region, but beggars can’t be choosers, he thought to himself. That was… a pretty reasonable assessment if he was being honest with himself.

At the mention of Callan looking to get into the Rangers, he let out a whistle.

“Don’t let the jokes scare you off,” he said with a bit of a laugh. “Been working to change that. Slow going, though. I’d definitely appreciate all the help we can get.”

He wasn’t going to go any further than that, though. The rest would be revealed—in time, should he meet the other man again in the future.

There was something telling him that it was going to be a possibility.

“I await your arrival, then. Nothing too wrong with older people finally finding their calling.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
illumina case [m]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 4:42:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: