2,325 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 19:32:00 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam has worked with reyes before, when she had been doing the research on the blue mulch before. a new research appears to have started when it was requested for priam to bring in pokemon that showed abnormal conditions.

he enters the building after the necessary passes to security. being an assistant to the league's head scientist, alongside being a presence that wasn't entirely new in the place, makes it easy for him to simply come in and locate her in the lab.

"miss reyes!" he calls.

with the cranidos in his arms, cradled like the baby that it is, he comes approaching. his steps were slow, brought about by the pokemon since weighing more than an average baby pokemon since it's a rock-type.

"ta-da... baby cranny!"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 1:19:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she turns at the familiar voice, a bright smile already rising.

"priam!" the tone is affectionate, fond. "long time no see!"

her prep is halted for the moment. supplies flutter back to rest on the table and she's shuffling over to meet him half way. as he gets a little closer, her head tilts. and without hesitation, she's letting out a warm coo.

"what a cutie," she murmurs. "is this the one with something odd going on?" her hand extends slowly toward the rock-type, more than happy to offer gentle pets.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,325 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 18:25:56 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam grins at the greeting. an energetic welcome like that only deserves full smiles, though he supposed part of it was just because illeana's was contagious.

it also helps that she called the cranidos a cutie. "takes one to know one!" he quickly quips alongside the grin, taking in the playful comment and turning it around.

there's a chuckle that divides it and his serious answer.

"but, yeah, they called it pokerus-y or somethin' like that. not sure what that means though, since i don't see anything different about it compared to other dinos."

it's still gray and blue, and it doesn't seem to be anything like a shiny where the changes were obvious. it doesn't seem wild either, considering its response to illeana's attempts to pet was to grab her hand with its tiny little dino arms.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 3:27:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a laugh escapes and with it, a flush bleeding into the skin of her cheeks. the labs have, honestly, felt less lively without him.

hopefully that changes soon. it'd be a shame to go so long without seeing that cheeky grin and blue hair.

her head tilts. confusion rises quickly. "pokerussy?" definitely an... odd name.

she's happy to shake the little dino hands, wiggling her fingers in an attempt to tickle its palms. it really is cute... a happy little baby, too!

"it could be something internal," she muses aloud. only one way to find out, though. "would you mind if i take a sample from the little guy? i think i have a spare specimen to compare it to."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,325 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 19:25:31 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"h-how are you takin' a sample from him?" he asks nervously.

experience with rocket's labs make him reluctant since he somehow got attached with the baby pokemon already. it was a dino and dinos are cool and he can't actually let them go to waste for little reason.

at the end of the day, however, priam has gotten used to it that he finds himself obliging without much deliberation.

"but, sure! whatever there is, i'm down! i'm here to please and it's sure as fuck that i'll deliver!"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 23:42:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]eyes dart up at the first stammer of nerves. it takes a moment before her features soften and a reassuring smile weaves itself into her lips.

"i'll have to draw a tiny bit of blood," she murmurs. "it won't hurt him, i promise." drawing blood isn't always a painless task but she'll reward both of them with some snacks for letting her take the sample.

a soft laugh escapes. priam has always been down to clown for even the stupidest of projects they've thought up. the familiarity of it leaves warmth even now.

"come on, hoenn's best assistant." she flashes a grin. "let's get started!" illeana takes a step back before guiding him and baby dino to the nearest table.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,325 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 4:47:42 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"sure! i can do that!"

involvement with rocket's biological experiments has his prepared with such things, knowing which one is actually harmful and which ones aren't. blood samples shouldn't do anything bad to a hard-to-obtain specimen.

setting the cranidos to the table, priam strokes it on the head to calm it down.

"are we getting tissue samples too?" he asks subconsciously.

the initial stages of making artificial shadow pokemon come to mind, of which he was one of the people who helped with it. while pokerus doesn't seem similar, his mind wanders to likening it to the factor that made shadow pokemon.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 2:45:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he sets the little dino down on the table with ease. and as he begins petting the dinosaur's head, she smiles.

it's an awfully cute sight... where's her camera when she needs it?

"tissue samples might not be necessary," she murmurs. depending on what they find within the blood cells, she might not need much else. it's difficult to say at the moment, however.

she gathers the appropriate instruments in a quick flurry of movements. gloves, needle, tube, alcohol swabs, gauze, tourniquet. and when she's ready, the band of the gloves snapping softly into place, she turns toward priam with a reassuring tone to her features.

"could you hold the baby steady, please?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,325 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 17:55:42 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i'm good at holding things down!" he proclaims like it's not a weird thing to say.

priam gets surprisingly gently for an aggressive claim, wrapping his arms around the cranidos in a way that wasn't too constricting, but at the same time, doesn't allow too much movement.

he's done this kind of things before.

"we just need to compare it with a normal one, right?" he asks. "um, that's what we did before, i think."

it wasn't with previous head scientist lane, however, but with the scientists of rocket.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 19:58:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile widens slightly.

the gentleness he utilizes eases the cranidos enough for her to get closer. and as the baby dino looks up at her, her eyes soften.

"just a quick pinch, okay?"

when she inserts the needle after cleaning the area of the skin and begins to collect the blood sample, the soft whine from the cranidos does not go unheard. she caps the sample taken and reswabs the area before putting a small bandage over the collection site. once a hand is free, she shifts to pet the cranidos's head as a sign of comfort and confirmation of a job well done.

"yes, exactly."

her eyes turn to priam for a moment before she steps away and moves to a nearby machine.

"there should be another sample already on file. would you mind looking while this begins to process?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,325 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 6:54:44 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he carries his cranidos all the way to a terminal, taking a chair to sit on before settling the pokemon on his lap. he keeps it busy by bouncing it by his leg as he navigates through the screen.

the window where the file was was already open, allowing for priam to easily access the required file. it also helps that it's organized similarly with the rest of the terminals on most league labs he's assisted on.

he blinks at the screen, and then calls for the scientist.

"i don't understand most of it," he confesses, "but it's open now. it looks neat!"

it's just a bunch of words, diagrams and other nerdy stuff people who haven't written a scientific paper before would not understand at all, and while priam has assisted on other research, he still has very little understanding of such subjects.

[/quote][/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 3:51:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the timing is perfect, really.

another minute or two later, the analysis is complete.

she lets the machine process a moment longer before it begins printing out pages of the report. when it's finished, she joins priam and the cutie cranidos with the papers in hand.

"okay," she murmurs. a pause follows and she flashes priam an excited smile. somehow, she'll never quite get over the sensation of a new discovery. it's like christmas morning as a child but ten times better. "let's see..."

her eyes flitter between the screen and the reports, narrowing in concentration. her nose scrunches slightly with scrutiny before relaxing when she's finished.

"there's something odd about the sample from your cranidos."

it's almost as if...

"it looks like what you'd see when there's a parasite within the body. some of the cells almost look yellow, too."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,325 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 1:25:01 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"a parasite?" he parrots.

he's heard of pokemon being genetically changed before. ultra beast poison was one of the stranger reasons for it, and consequentially, the shadow pokemon, but nothing of it seemed to correlate with a parasite.

"it's not a shadow pokemon, is it?" he pokes further to the subject. "it doesn't seem like one of those zombie pokemon either."

's study comes to mind.

"ooh, maybe some of those weird energies have a hand in this! like infinity or primal or whatever."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 2:13:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she nods slowly.

something about it seems so... baffling.

"no, i don't believe so."

it doesn't seem corrupted in any form. if anything, it looks perfectly healthy. her eyes narrow at the thought and rescan the analysis once more.

"it doesn't quite look like the body is fighting the parasite either."

she turns her head, then, to stare at priam and his baby dino with a perplexed look.

"it's possible. i'll have to ask if she's seen anything like this in her primal energy research."

eva is, after all, the expert in all things primal energy. she's incredibly proud of her counterpart, truthfully.

"i just don't understand how a parasite got into your cranidos... you hatched it, right?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,325 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 2:11:52 GMT
priam conrad Avatar

"yup! hatched it right in front of my eyes!"

the origins of his pokemon was similar to a lot of others, but they don't really have any outward differences with normal pokemon, so he's not surprised if others didn't explore the possibility of the newly found virus.

upon the mention of 's research, he pipes up.

"this wasn't mentioned anywhere before, i think." his involvement on primal energy research was limited, but he definitely would have heard of it if it was something big.

it wasn't a virus, but something similar definitely came up on their research.

"ooh, we definitely found somethin' similar before though! not primal energy, but, like, more connected to the tree of life stuff. have you heard of the zombie pokemon?"

he's not sure if it's symbiotic in nature, but zombies in movies often come from a virus, and this was a virus itself. it checks out if they got in the heads of sci-fi movie enthusiasts.