snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 21:43:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a look of confusion is quick to rise.

zombie pokemon?

did he mean during the littleroot disaster? or... the tree that sprouted in sootopolis?

"i haven't, truthfully."

she flashes an encouraging smile for him to explain further.

"was it similar to this sample? or was it more... like zombie cells where the cells stop dividing or growing due to stressors?"

she's not quite certain what he means, truthfully, when he speaks of zombie pokemon. from a biological standpoint, once cells die they aren't quite able to continue functioning. some cells, however, can stay alive and continue the dividing process in an attempt to repair the damage. but... is it one and the same?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 12:20:38 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he smiles awkwardly.

priam doesn't really know the answer but he tries his best to give a response that will most likely give a closest interpretation to the truth. he tries his best to recall the experiments with eva before he opens his mouth to speak.

"i think the latter? the pokemon was clinically dead but it can still move. infinity energy got its body moving like it's alive, so maybe it's healing something in its brain? i forgot most of the details to be honest, hehe."

it's then that he remembers that eva has probably published her findings within the league's libraries. illeana probably has access to those with her account.

"ah, excuse me."

priam takes over the computer terminal again and opens up screen after screen, navigating through the league's system. given that it's his work, he's used to where things were.

eventually, he finds a snippet of the finding. he shows it to illeana.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 21:32:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she holds her tongue when he moves, eyes alert and following after him.

and as 's report on the topic appears on the screen, she leans over to scan through it with interest.

"it was found on mt pyre?"

curious...

"infinity energy was in every cell, too?"

curiouser...

it's an interesting concept, zombie pokemon. how plausible is it, however? infinity energy is considered to be the essence of pokemon. their biology holds some but too much of it... would it be fatal? is that what happened to the hariyama they investigated?

she hums.

"i think this is different than the contents of this report. it doesn't seem to be an energy but an actual life instead of your cranidos."

the parasite seems alive in a way she can't quite understand. and yet, it's not quite feeding. it seems to be nourishing.

"i don't know if it's possible to remove the parasite, let alone cure it. the body seems stronger with the pokerus-y invading the cells. i don't think it's harming your cranidos in any way that i can tell right now. we might have to monitor it further, though."

perhaps with time's unstoppable force, something might change.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 17:33:43 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam tilts his head at the mention of a symbiotic parasite.

"so, uh, that's a good thing, right?" he asks to make sure.

it's all too similar with how the artificial shadow pokemon operate. toxins are inserted into their bloodstreams, shifting their biological functions harshly. for that case however, it's a give and take between power and violent tendencies.

the cranidos doesn't seem to exhibit the negatives at least, though they had no template on how it acted before it contracted the virus since it had it from the start.

"if it's fine, then there's nothing to be worried about!" he smiles, replacing worry with optimism. "it's not gonna be an alien that's gonna burst out of it once the incubation period's done, yeah? i've seen those happen a lot on movies."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 3:34:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"at this point? i think so."

and yet, it's hard to say without further observation.

"could you bring your baby back for monthly check ups? i'd like to keep track of its development."

better safe than sorry, right?

his cranidos looks perfectly healthy otherwise, though, and she has a small suspicion that it will continue to be that way.

the comment catches her off guard. it drags a tinkering laugh up and out of the throat.

"i don't believe so..."

she's almost certain it won't but wouldn't that be a horrifying thing to witness?

"but hoenn's been full of surprises before."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 4:07:18 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"well, if there's not a problem, then we're going, then."

the cranidos gets recalled back to its ball. it brought reprieve from whatever anxiety it had from the environment, though if it was going to be under his care, it's going to experience more anxiety-inducing events than a visit to the doctor.

"i'll let ya know too if there's somethin' irregular that happened! promise ya you'd be the first to know!" he puffs his chest and pummels a closed fist against it. "anyways, we'll see ya next check up, miss reyes!"

he waves goodbye as he gets out of the door.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pokerus [c]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 6:04:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: