part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 2:20:41 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

His stomach roiling as Klaus made his way through Rocket's Headquarters up to the high offices, he pulls his hood up further over his head, doing his level best to obscure his features as much as possible. Uncertain why any of the Underbosses would be interested in calling him in for a meeting, he purposefully drug his feet, his pace turning slower as slower the closer he came to the appropriate office.
[break][break]
Was he in trouble? His performance hadn't been spectacular lately but all things considered it hadn't been that bad either. Running in the middle of the back was much more preferable than standing out. Too much attention. Too much pressure.
[break][break]
So why was he here?
[break][break]
Klaus wholly stopped for a moment, his stomach lurching as he worked himself up towards a panic attack. He could leave, he reasoned, his hands now violently shaking in the pocket of his hood. Pressing his eyes shut, trying to ignore the taste of bile at the back of his throat, Klaus presses onwards into the office.
[break][break]
Opening his mouth and abruptly closing it when the man within turns around, Klaus averts his eyes to the ground. "I - you wanted to see me?" His words strangled with stress, the silence which spans between them turns oppressive in an instance. His face steadily draining of colour as the silence continues, Klaus shrinks in upon himself where he stands.
[break][break]
His voice cracks when he finally manages a confused, "Sir?"
[break][break]
He was met with nothing. Maybe this was a test?
[break][break]
Klaus wanted to sob.

[break][break]

+ Mission: Double D-ditto [EE] [break]
+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#73A6A9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 21:19:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It was no test.

That, maybe, was worse.

Gavin had stepped out of his office for only a minute, going across the hall to inspect the office of the late Choi in order to cross-examine a certain report. His secretary, having not been told, had mistakenly unlocked the door when his next appointment had arrived ahead of schedule.

Gavin steps out of Chu-e's office, closing the door gently behind him, and catches the tail-end of the exchange with Klaus' desperate, confused plea of Sir?

"Hello?" Gavin frowns. "What...?"

Then he sees that the door of his office is open. That his chair is occupied. That his shit-eating son-of-a-bitch Ditto is playing the IMPOSTER with its beady eyes and lifeless smile. Of course, Klaus couldn't see those details with his gaze pinned to the floor.

"I knew I shouldn't have left your pokeball unattended," he mutters, stalking over to the desk and snatching up the offending capsule to return the offending Pokémon. He shoves it into a drawer of his desk and sits down in the chair.

"Come in. I apologise for my Pokemon's incredibly unprofessional behavior." He rolls his eyes. Fucking Ditto. "Please, sit.

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
You will find no hidden agendas in the sea's desire to swallow you whole
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 23:23:16 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

His embarrassment coursing up and down his spine, jittery sparks like a live wire, the deafening silence causes Klaus to look everywhere but up. Head swimming, eyes reddening as he swallows his pounding heartbeat, Klaus clenches and unclenches his hands repeatedly in his hoodie's pocket in an effort to distract himself from his growing panic.
[break][break]
A voice from behind Klaus drags him sharply back to the present.
[break][break]
Jumping to the side, eyes wide, Klaus stares as Gavin pushes past to scold the imposter behind the desk. The young man's brows immediately draw together as the scene which plays out - that who was assumed to be Gavin is instead revealed to be a Ditto. Klaus's expression instantly falls into dismay as he realises his error.
[break][break]
Why was he here?
[break][break]
Features wholly ashen, Klaus gives a little nod as it's suggested he sits, though he does not make an effort to do so. "I - I'm sorry," he babbles. "I should have - I didn't realise -" Cutting himself off short Klaus pulls a hand from the depths of his hoodie to rub at his neck and then face, his eyes squeezing shut as he weathers another bout of nausea.
[break][break]
Eyes yet closed he forces out through gritted teeth, "You wanted to see me?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 1:40:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's no psychologist, but it doesn't take a degree to read the discomfort in Klaus' tense muscles and unnatural pallor. Ordinarily, that was the goal when someone was summoned to Gavin's office. The very atmosphere of it — cold, metallic, impersonal — was designed to illicit anxiety. But Klaus isn't here because he's in trouble.

So Gavin doesn't repeat the request for Klaus to sit, just yet.

"You're not in trouble, if that's what you're worried about." Best to get that out of the way, before the poor guy had a heart attack. "It was brought to my attention that you have skill as an engineer, is all."

He looks like he's about to be sick.

Gavin has sudden flashbacks to SPECTRA; perhaps that wasn't an unreasonable assumption.

"Would you like something to drink?" Please don't throw up on my floor.

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 4:12:52 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Klaus's gaze darts up for a fleeting moment as Gavin assures that he is not in trouble, the young man's expression tight and somewhat dubious. His brow furrows as Gavin continues, an aborted noise made in the back of his throat as to his expertise; Klaus gives a quick, single nod in confirmation before he chokes out a quiet, "Mechanical and electrical engineering."
[break][break]
Shifting his weight foot to foot, Klaus gives a silent shake of his head at the question. After a moment's pause he seems to realize Gavin likely isn't a mind reader, nor likely paying him that close of attention, and manages a rough, "No, sir."
[break][break]
He presses his eyes closed as he tries to calm himself. You're not in trouble, he repeats internally over and over, as the world's sorriest mantra. "What," Klaus's voice cracks and he stops, clearing his throat roughly. He tries again, "What needs to be done?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 1:53:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
How did this one end up in Rocket?

Yet alongside the skepticism, there are shades of empathy. He remembers what it is to be afraid of those who could end your life with a snap of their fingers, a click of the tongue. His throat closes around old memories best left undisturbed.

Thankfully, Klaus' refusal to look at him means he'd likely missed the shadow in Gavin's gaze.

Klaus, however, is not so lucky. Gavin never looks away from his uncomfortable guest, and doesn't miss the mute shake of the head in refusal. He'd have left it there, understanding, but Klaus clarifies after a beat of silence.

"There have been problems with the rear escape trunk of the sub, and our usual engineer is indisposed." Gavin would later come to find out that he'd been among the casualties of 's Occupied Ocean project, and whatever horrors were converging in the deep. For now, however, he knows only that the man is missing. "You can understand why that might be a problem, I'm sure."

For now, they were docked safely in the Cave of Origin, thank goodness.

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 19:39:36 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Finally finding something to grasp onto, something he focus on, Klaus begins to speak but abruptly silences himself. Puzzling through his thoughts on a submarine's mechanics, his brow furrows in concentration, his eyes sightlessly searching the ground as he filters through what little he knows about their design.
[break][break]
"Is it smashed, or is something catching," he finally asks, his gaze lifting to hesitantly meet Gavin's for clarification. Unable to help himself, his hands slip out from his hoodie's pockets to explain with absent movements, "If it's smashed you'll need to recast the pieces. I can't do that bit but I could probably put it back together if I took it apart first."
[break][break]
Frowning, and now only halfway paying attention to his superior, Klaus muses, "If it's just catching that's probably a simple fix, yeah? Just need some oil or grind off a burr or something. Maybe a realignment Unless a piece is warped. Might be able to pound it back into place but then you'd have to worry about the structural integrity of the metal and if it's an emergency escape it's better to just recast it."
[break][break]
Seeming to realize he's babbling, Klaus abruptly silences himself, his face a touch red with embarrassment. He shoves his hands back into his hoodie's pockets and glances everywhere but towards Gavin again, his voice barely audible as he mumbles out a "Sorry."
[break][break]
"I can - I can look at it if you want? Er - sir."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 8:30:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Having something to focus on seems to put some of Klaus' nerves at ease, which was a start. When he glances up, he'd find Gavin's amber gaze to be steady but not malicious, an enduring patience and curiosity suggested in their depths.

"I'm afraid I only know surface details; further explanation would have been lost on me." He's not an engineer, after all. "But I did receive the full report from the agents who discovered the problem, and I can forward that to you."

He looks away to the laptop on his desk, opening it and beginning to type.

He's still listening, though, rambling as the explanation might've been, and he glances away from the screen when Klaus stops himself and apologizes. His lip twitches as he holds back the urge to chuckle.

"That would be appreciated." A single tap of a key. "I've sent the report."

He gets up from his chair, gesturing toward the door as if to say, Shall we?

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 20:44:21 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"I - right."
Klaus's voice stalls abruptly. "Thanks."
[break][break]
His hands fidgeting together, the young man's posture awkwardly rigid, magenta-pink eyes search Gavin's features quickly when the other stands. Brow knit together for a bare moment, he blinks once when he seems to finally parse the action performed, and he gives a nervous nod.
[break][break]
"Yeah, uh. If - I guess if you need anything you have my email, yeah?" To his own personal satisfaction his voice does not crack, and Klaus gives himself permission to be pleased despite the strained tone. He begins to move, though stops the motion just before it has even begun. A faint colouring of a blush resting high on his cheeks, he utters an almost-missable, "Sorry for the ditto thing," before turning jerkily to see himself out of the office.
[break][break]
Thank Arceus that was over.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 8:46:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Uncomfortable and stilted though the encounter seemed to be for Klaus, Gavin appears completely at ease as he closes his laptop and gets to his feet. It's not inherently an action of dismissal, though as their conversation comes to its natural close the underboss doesn't seem averse to Anchoret's eagerness to leave. Gavin was aware, on some level, the effect his presence could have on subordinates.

So he dips his head in response to the question, acquiescent.

"I do. If you check in with those at the escape trunk, they'll know to expect you."

After all, it would raise suspicions if they weren't given a heads up and some grunt showed up to fiddle with the components.

"The problem lies entirely with the Ditto, not with you."

With that, and a tight smile, he closes the door behind Klaus. I'm going to kill that Ditto, some day.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Schadenfreude
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 7:56:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)