1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
world war corgi | mission
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 10:22:38 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Training. Training, training, training. About several blocks down from the Night Markets of Slateport City, lay an inconspicuous house of no particular renown, more like a bivuoac than any permanent or solid structure.

But go inside, and the ordinary, if dilipdated, appearance of its browning-blue roofs and moss-cornered white woods was one of the most advanced battling facilities in all of Hoenn. A few dozen trainers inside at any given time, a large, bubble dome in the center, protecting onlookers from the devastation of Pokemon attacks, while various Pokemon in their evolved forms tussled with moving weights or sparred with moving partners. Entering the dome was simple, you signed up, was allocated a partner, and given fifteen minutes to practice Pokemon battling. Which was for the most part, more than enough for a typical one on one.

Callan had arrived to give some freshman training to Lady, his Yamper. He had already purchased his ticket, and had been waiting until the time had come when he felt the snout of his Yamper boop against his leg, moments later, the PA system boomed over. "Giada Morgan, Callan Young, please come over to the battle dome." Callan ashed his cigarette by the refectory's tray before moving over to the center, where he saw his opponent for the first time. "Hi, Giada right?" Callan spoke, red eyes trailing across the blonde hair and blue eyes., a ghost of a smile formed on his face, "Shall we get started?"

| putting on a front

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 22:56:29 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]this is new.

she's put a focus on pushing herself lately. strive to be a better person, strive to be stronger. it's... hard. definitely a lot harder than she thought it'd be but she needs this. besides, with her shoulder only halfway healed after that stupid fucking bullet, she has to occupy her time somehow.

and what's a better way to pass the time than trying to kick someone's ass?

she's half present by the time her name is called over the loudspeaker, attention span drifting between battles and thoughts and-- oh, right, she has to go.

her partner takes his place in the center and she mirrors him a moment later. her head bobs in acknowledgement, a small smile rising. "yep, that's me." does she wave? is that weird? she does it anyway with her good arm, the movement looking a little awkward.

"ready when you are!"

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 8:25:24 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan is observant, and his eyes move towards the slight tilt of Giada's shoulder as she waves upwards, the stiffness of it showing that there's a wound somewhere around her torso. He took a moment to consider if this would impact their match, but ultimately, it was her Pokemon that was going to be in front. "Alright." Callan replied, before his eyes moved from hers towards his Yamper. "Let's go. You're up."

Callan's hellion trotted into the middle of the arena, its lightning bolt shaped tail spinning wildly, as its fat front paws tapped the arena in anticipation. Yampers were cautious creatures, but everything flies away in the face of treats; poffins, berries, extra walkies. Lady sniffed the air, while a fresh faced combatant, it was no stranger to taking a few hits now and then. It barked courteously at Giada.

"Lemme know if the painkillers start giving you trouble." Callan quickly remarked before the match began, just to be safe, he was assuming Giada's shoulder was being treated by a hospital and a prescription. And he didn't exactly like his opponents fainting in the midst of battle, that'd definitely be a danger.

| putting on a front

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 0:27:37 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]her smile grows a little wider as his yamper steps up and barks at her. it's not a cat but... it's still a cutie.

and it takes a moment for her to tug a pokeball loose from her belt, her injured shoulder still feeling weird to move. she manages with the good arm, cheeks flushed a soft pink with embarrassment. a flash later and her charizard appears with a yawn and a grumble. an ember escapes its mouth and drops unceremoniously to the floor. she ignores the way it sizzles into a small charred mark.

right... the painkillers. she can't even remember how long it's been since she took them last. long enough for her to be dull, lesser. she's muted, placated into a sense of comfort.

"will do," she murmurs with a nod. she should be fine until after the match. besides, she actually drank water today. the strict no alcohol rule puts a bit of a damper on things but she's surviving as she always does. and as her good arm plants a hand on her hip, she looks to callan almost expectantly.

"you want the first move?"

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 8:50:39 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
It is not your business. His brain reminded him, as his eyes wandered from the stiffness of her arm movement to the cheeks on her face, as the hues of her skin flushed a shade of light red.

There is a momentary jolt to Callan's limbic system that travels through his spine and into the pit of his stomach. He knew what this feeling was, animal attraction. And he was doing his best to not let it have hold on him, and failing. Were he ten years younger he would have happily had it float into his lungs and let it overtake him. But now, all it reminded him was of apricots and tutti-frutti, the smell of musty divorce papers and cigarette ash.

Get back to it. Lady's bark sent him back into the present.

Giada's Charizard came out of the Pokeball, lean, angry red, a bare drool of fire dripping onto the well-worn battle's surface. Lady's tail wags dampened, somewhat, as sheturned over to her trainer. Switch me out. Her eyes said, and Callan squinted back at his puppy, before turning his focus onto the battle itself. "I'll happily take that." Callan responded, his eyes travel from Giada's to her Charizard's.

He'd just have to see how well this goes. "Let's go Lady, Volt Tackle!" Responding to Callan's commands, his Yamper pulled backwards to put emphasis on its hind stubs, before bulleting forward, spinning its lightning-bolt tail with vicious speed and generating visible blue lightning streaks on its body, as it bulleted towards Giada's Charizard.

| putting on a front

MADE BY MIZO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights