3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 2:46:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
those close to him — , , — they'd know of how little cian ever speaks about his mother since her passing. it's something he's kept locked away, hesitant and unwilling to share with anyone.

until now, that is.

"she was."

she was the best.

her voice pulls him back to the moment. he looks at her, noticing how close she's gotten.

"hm?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 3:11:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I-"

[break][break]

Her mouth opened, then closed immediately after.

[break][break]

It was a stupid idea.

[break][break]

A thoughtless one, too.

[break][break]

Giving her head a small shake, she turned back towards the still blossoming flowers, a melancholic smile slipping across her face.

[break][break]

"Never mind."

[break][break]

Dried flowers, she thought. It was a beautiful way for remembering the loss.

[break][break]

If only she had a similar way of preserving her memory of Evelyn.

[break][break]

Fuck this sucked.

[break][break]

"My friend," She began, eyes resting back onto the flower, the only difference being that her hand now inched towards his. It begged to be held. "...was the kindest soul I've ever met. Arceus, I wish she were still here."

[break][break]

She took a second to pause, to breathe, before continuing.

[break][break]

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sour the mood. It's just crazy how similar these look to something she used to tell me about back then."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 3:22:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
some things are left unsaid, and though his mind races to each possibility, he does no more than that. his head dips, mirroring her smile because in his own way, he understands.

it's difficult to open up at times.

his hand finds hers, looking to reassure her.

"nah, don't apologize. the mood's fine, penny."

he offers her a warm smile.

"tell me more about your friend. if you want to, of course."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 3:38:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His words were the trigger she needed.

[break][break]
"She was my freshmen roommate," She sighed. The words felt scratchy against her throat, and yet, soothing at the same time. A comforting pain she longed to feel but hadn't found the chance to in a long, long time.

[break][break]
"We did everything together. Party, studied, watched tv. We even shared our first kiss with each other."

[break][break]
A flood of memories came rushing back to her again. Some were pleasant, while others only served as stabbing reminders. She gave Cian's hand another squeeze.

[break][break]
"Back then, I used to get homesick a lot. She'd always help me through it.."

[break][break]
Especially during the panic attacks, she thought, those were the worst.

[break][break]
"One thing she used to do was tell about those stupid romance novels she used to read in between classes." She gave a short, bitter bark of a laugh, "I didn't even like romance novels back then. But, somehow, they'd always do the trick. One of them revolved around a crystal flower, like this. It was a super shitty story-- something about a curse and finding true love, or whatever -- but it was her favorite."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 3:44:50 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
she shares, and he listens.

it's her memories and experiences that he lives through. he imagines them in his head, imagines the warmth and the feelings she must have felt. and it's from her words that stems a familiar sense of loss and pain.

he understands.

"she sounds like a wonderful person," he echoes her words from earlier, "i wish i could've met her."

still stuck on a small detail, he decides to ask.

"what was the curse?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 3:59:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"She was." Just as he stole her words, Penelope echoed back his original response.
[break][break]

Funnily enough, despite going through that painful trip down memory lane, she hadn't shattered like she thought she would. Rather, she remained strong. Put together, even.
[break][break]

All until he asked that question.
[break][break]

"Arceus, it was so cheesy." The puddle of tears had begun to regain shape around the corners of her eyes, this time, however, they grew in strength. They slammed and pounded their fists against the walls that threatened to stop them, demanding their release. But she wouldn't let them slip out. She couldn't-- not in front of him.
[break][break]

Her voice, cracked and broken, continued, "It was one of those uglified curses that were cured by 'true love's kiss'. And she loved it. She fucking loved it."
[break][break]

Her grip tightens around his hand and her head hung low.
[break][break]

"...I could never understand why."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 4:22:11 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
a thin coat of tears covers his eyes as well. but he blinks, he holds them back, and it's easy enough this time as he finds reassurance in the way she squeezes his hand.

"maybe she believed she'd find true love someday."

he shrugs, offering a thought.

"it gives people hope, i guess, in knowing that their other half is out there somewhere. makes the world seem...not as bad."

makes it seem brighter.

"i believed it once as well."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 4:38:05 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A thick curtain of scarlet shielded her face from him.

[break][break]
Behind it, she gnawed at her bottom lip, attempting with all her strength to hold back the tears, because out of everything, she was certain of this one thing: once one slipped out, the rest would surely come crashing down behind.

[break][break]
"Maybe," She whispered.

[break][break]
True love. What a laughable concept. Penelope wasn't exactly the bitter type, but she was far from an idealist -- how could she be after what happened to Evelyn.

[break][break]
"...Why did you stop believing in it?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 4:42:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
while it would normally be a difficult question to answer, this time he just decides to be truthful. he's already shared this much.

"i thought i had found it only to get my heart stomped on. twice."

the latter had been mutual, however.

but he'd be lying if he said a small part of him doesn't still believe in the concept of it. it's the part that gives him hope, as small as it may be.

"...i'm not very good at relationships, penny. i guess that's my curse."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 5:05:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Evelyn always said the same thing."
[break][break]
'I'm done with men,' she had sobbed after one particularly rough breakup. Yet, two months later, she was back to smiling and preaching about her hidden true love. That was what made her so great -- she always found a new reason to look for the positives in life. And, if she couldn't find one that fit, she'd craft one herself.
[break][break]
"You're not cursed," She breathed, finally stealing back a silver of her previous composure. Lifting her head back up, she turned to face him, eyes still glistening with a fresh coat of tears. "And, even if you were, according to that book all you'll have to do is find your true love, then kiss them."
[break][break]
A bittersweet chuckle followed this, and she smiled, albeit rather wistfully.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 5:21:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
'i'm done with love', he's said time and time again. and yet, after each time, each failed attempt at finding the one, he tries and tries again.

maybe he and evelyn have a lot more in common than he realizes.

his eyes lift to meet hers as well, silently grateful that he isn't the only one close to tears. he returns her smile with ease.

"thank you for telling me about her."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 5:33:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Thank you for listening."

[break][break]
It'd been a while since she has last spoken about her, and much longer since someone was actually willing to listen. It felt nice leaning on someone else, for once. It somehow made the burden of her death feel a little lighter.

[break][break]
"I..." She paused, rethinking whether her thoughts fit the situation yet again. Eventually, after a few seconds of contemplation, she relents to this moment of vulnerability "I'm really glad we met, Cian."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 5:38:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"i..."

likely going through the same struggles as her, he pauses, considering his response before accepting the fact that maybe just this once it's okay to open up.

"i'm glad, too. i really enjoy your company."

then, gently, he leans over to kiss her on her cheek.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Spring is here (m) (ee)
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 4:00:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: