part of
TAG WITH @augustwalsh
August Walsh
no rain (M, Berthold)
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 3:48:43 GMT
August Walsh Avatar
[break][break]
It was a rainy day in Slateport, and August was a horrible trainer.[break]
No, really. He had no pokemon to his name, no job, and enough money to buy him a sandwich or two at the local gas station. Which was, you know. Fine. The pokemon centers were chill with squatters.[break]
Less chill was the way the rain made his jacked up leg get all tingly. The nearest stores were all old-timey; some kind of tailor, an insurance agent, and a pub that clearly used to be a house. [break]
The pub seemed like the best bet, to be honest. The other options tended to dislike scrungly young adults dripping water all over their carpet. He raised his hand to rap on the door. Wait, this was a restaurant. [break]
He pushed the door open with his right hand, leaving his left one open to wedge his cane between the frame and nudge his way through. It was moderately crowded, as far as he could tell- the unusual hour balanced itself with the bad weather. Or something. Maybe this place was just... That popular. [break]
August eyed a hanging menu, twitching minutely as rainwater dribbled down his shoulders. [break]
Did they have anything for eight poke or less?
⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
no rain (M, Berthold)
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 6:49:29 GMT
Berthold Hawthorne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

The point of revenge is not in the completion but in the process.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Berthold was on the job as usual. Having decided to allow Allison a day off, a choice he wasn’t regretting but it was proving a bit trying as the weather had made people flock to get inside. Luckily the people that worked here were experienced and knew how to run fast. But it make him realize that maybe he was understaffed. He would have to give it some thought for later, for now, he was keeping an eye on the newly arriving.
[break][break]
One person, in particular, caught his eye. He seemed to be in a rather unfortunate situation, wet from the rain and cane-bound. While these things weren’t unusual, the way he stood almost fixated upon the Menu at the entrance did seem a bit weird. The type of people who came here didn’t do that very often. And so he figured he would go over there.
[break][break]
He allowed a hand to run down his stylish waiter attire, which he had decided would do for today, smoothing any wrinkles away before he reached the young man. “Greetings.” He would let August know of his presence. “Is there anything I can help you with?” A pleasant smile beamed in the young man’s direction.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

quixotic

N/A
he/him
May 1st
Sunyshore, Sinnoh
Yes
Aspiring Trainer
Civilian
I can't see the rationality; the world's not my responsibility
awards
11 posts
August Walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @augustwalsh
August Walsh
no rain (M, Berthold)
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 18:13:06 GMT
August Walsh Avatar
"Oh, uh." August mentally bluescreened at the concept of being physically perceived. "Can I get the best tasting eight-poke-or-less food? Er, whatever you recommend, I guess." His eyes scanned over various menus, but the words went in one ear and out the other.[break]
The customer adjusted the cane slightly, moving all his weight onto his left leg and wiggling the other absentmindedly."I mean, like, counting sales tax or whatever. 'Cuz that's what I have on me." [break]He observed the stranger- maybe a waiter or bartender? Fancy clothes were out of his wheelhouse, but he didn't want to be subjected to foot-in-mouth-itis, so like- [break]
Yeah. "...Oh wait, am I supposed to like, sit down, or...?"
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
no rain (M, Berthold)
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 8:50:13 GMT
[nospaces]

As the young lad spoke, clearly absent-minded, a pang of pity found its way into Berthold’s gaze. Even more so when this person admitted to having only eight Poké-dollars to his name. It was clear that this person wasn’t at his best right now. He probably needed some help.
[break][break]
“Well, yes our guests are allowed to sit down. So follow me.” Berthold had a humble smile upon his lips as he gestured for the man to follow him. “Follow me and I will find a table for you.” He would lead the person along. Taking great consideration to his speed as it was clear the boy needed his cane.
[break][break]
“My name is Berthold, and if I may be so bold. What is your name?” He asked as they made their way to a table. Once there he pulled out the chair, inviting August to sit down and relax.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

quixotic

N/A
he/him
May 1st
Sunyshore, Sinnoh
Yes
Aspiring Trainer
Civilian
I can't see the rationality; the world's not my responsibility
awards
11 posts
August Walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @augustwalsh
August Walsh
no rain (M, Berthold)
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 3:01:53 GMT
August Walsh Avatar
His knee throbbed in time with the pounding cadence of the rain outdoors. "Uh, yeah. 'M August," he spoke up in response, cane thudding louder against the ground than it probably needed to. Not out of any form of irritation or aggression, but rather it seemed like the teen was physically incapable of being quiet.[break]
Normally, he hated asking for help. [break]
But like. [break]
He also hated going hungry.[break]
"If you know any places looking for employees or whatever, can you let me know?" he asked the older man bluntly. "In theory. I mean," August scratched his ear, plopping down onto a chair with an audible whump before continuing. "preferably one out of the explodokill radius of whatever flavor apocalypse Hoenn's going through."
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
no rain (M, Berthold)
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 16:48:12 GMT
[nospaces]

Berthold nodded acknowledging as the young man gave his name. He seemed nice enough, even though Berthold had a feeling the kid was burdened by the troubles of the world.
[break][break]
He watched the young man take a seat. And then a particular question was asked. Employment, huh? Berthold smiled. Though of course, as ever-demanding youngsters were, he even proclaimed that it be preferably outside the death zone of Hoenn.
[break][break]
“Ah yes, that does seem to be the Fate of Hoenn,” Berthold spoke, though its meaning grim his voice seemed joking. “But if it is work you seek. I might know of some options if you aren’t too particular about WHAT you will be doing.” Berthold said, his before-so jesting tone turned more thoughtful. “But what skills can you offer a potential employer?” Berthold tried to appraise the young boy.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES