he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
It's Kind of a Honey Story [M]
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 2:17:30 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
The familiarity of Petalburg Woods was always a comfort to Aster. Some might have gotten sick of the place if they spent as much time in the woods as he had, but not Aster. Whether it was for work or for pleasure, the ranger enjoyed being out in fresh air surrounded by nature and pokemon. So, even though he was investigating an increase in wild pokemon traffic along one of the main paths, Aster stretched with relaxed posture and wore an easy smile. His gogoat, Basil, trotted alongside him, a lot more stoic and alert than the trainer himself.

Just as Aster let loose a full yawn, a zigzagoon darted across his path catching on his foot as he was stepping forward. He stumbled forward but didn't lose his footing completely, thankfully able to steady himself on a tree. "Whoops," he muttered. Basil stared at him unimpressed. "Come on buddy, it came out of nowhere! Could've happened to anyone." Aster began to right himself and only then he realized the tree he had braced himself on was coated with honey.

He extricated his hand from the golden goo with a mild look of disgust. "Damn," he shot a glance at Basil, "er- I mean, darn." The pokemon huffed at him. "Well, I guess we know why so many pokemon are hanging around this area. But..." Aster went to scratch his head and immediately stopped himself remembering his sticky fingers, "This much honey must mean there's a-"

A vespiqueen. Buzzing only a couple feet away from him.

"Ah, fuck- I mean, frick," he murmured and placed his honied hand behind his back. He tried to wave non-threateningly to the vespiqueen. "Hey there, friend! Don't want any trouble."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON May 4, 2022 2:36:21 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
the vespiqueen's droning echo among the still trees, creating an ominous atmosphere. she approaches, flanked by three combee, towards the strange man with hair like flames.

"hey, hey!" a voice sounded, the small padded footsteps drowned out by the queen bee's buzzing. finally, a well-built man emerges from the brush.

"get back, get back. give the man some space." it took a long moment before the group obeyed him, but they gave the two humans a small measure of space.

relieved, greyson approaches, violet hues wandering to take in the clumps of honey stuck to him. "you alright man? sorry about that - they really don't like their honey being touched."

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 15:25:58 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster breathed a sigh of relief. He wasn't much for battling if he could help it. With calculating eyes, he took in his savior and nodded his thanks. "They're yours then?" Aster smiled his best placating smile, unsure if his words would be taken well or not. "I am sorry about the honey, but there have been multiple complaints about this area. It'd be best if the honey or hive could be moved somewhere more private."

With his dutiful speech out of the way, Aster extended his non-honeyed hand to the man. "Well, in any case, the name's Aster. Nice to meet ya." His gogoat trotted up and dipped his head in greeting as well.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 4:32:41 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
greyson blinks, then, blinks again. it felt odd to be lectured — no, chastised maybe? — from another person. he blushes, patting his hair down in absentminded routine, as he realizes that he was perhaps too comfortable with his position.

"that makes sense. they're a bit agitated, since we've cleared out their hives to clean them. rest assured, this is temporary." with his own business out of the way, he extends his hand to meet the other mans.

"aster? nice to meet you. greyson." from around his wrist the comfey mews softly, unwrapping herself to greet the approaching goat. barely minding their interaction, he raises an inquisitive eyebrow. "was that the only reason you were out here?"

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 20:55:02 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster smiles brightly at the other man. "Phew! I'm glad that's solved then. Not everyone I encounter out here is a responsible trainer. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out, it is my job after all." Just then, Aster catches sight of the Comfey untwisting itself from Greyson's wrist. With shining eyes he can't help but keep his gaze locked on the cute pokemon as his Gogoat sniffs at it stoically. He answers the other trainer's question with his attention still on the Comfey. "Not really? I mean, technically it's my day off but since I love being out in these woods I end up checking on disturbances when I hike," he drags his gaze away from the flower pokemon to offer Greyson a wink, "Can't really help myself, ya know? Aster chuckles and shyly rubs the back of his neck. "Though, my boss does get onto me for doin'stuff alone."

"Anyway, what about you? Here just because of the hive cleanin'?"

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 5:38:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
"of course," he says passively, taking the mans offer of help to heart, but intending to never really use it. his own eyes fall onto the interaction between both of their pokemon as words come automatically.
[break][break]
"that's dedicated of you," there's no hint of sarcasm in his voice, though there is a note of confusion, "league paying you overtime?" did they even do that at all? if so he would need to put in some requests...
[break][break]
"basically," he answers, turning his attention back up to the man. "while the hive is docile ninety-nine percent of the time, i want to make sure there's no misunderstandings should someone come across them — someone like you, for instance." their encounter very well could've gone one or two ways, and he's thankful he was here for at that at least.
[break][break]
"i don't recognize you though — you a new ranger?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 16:38:51 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Dedicated. The prideful part of him preened at the word. "Overtime? I wish... Nah, I just love helping out. Though it does sometimes get me in trouble with my boss." He chuckled dryly.

Aster nodded attentively as Greyson explained the hive situation. To his left his Gogoat sneezed, blowing back the Comfey a bit. He hummed thoughtfully at the question the trainer directed his way. "I am pretty new as an official ranger, but I've been roaming these here woods since I was young on account of me growing up in Petalburg and havin' parents that didn't really care to know where I was at all times." For a moment, his look grew distant. Remembering those lonely days of bringing home sticks and stray bug pokemon in hopes of getting his parents' attention sat heavy on his chest. Aster recalled his company and silent shook himself back into the present. With a soft smile he addressed Greyson. "I reckon we've run into each other before and just don't realize it. It's a small world after all."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 23:17:12 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
he gives aster a good natured laugh, imagining the kind of trouble he gives his boss. greyson knew full well his own mischief didn't often look good on a report.
[break][break]
"oh no, really? what a small world indeed — my friend and i used to explore here too, when we were kids." his smile naturally lifts at the connection, and fond memories.
[break][break]
"well, it's good to meet you officially aster. i'm a gym leader a few train stops away, so i've been at this for a while and all. i can help you if you ever need it."

[attr="class","notes"]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 23:27:13 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
"Well how 'bout that?" Aster's toothy grin spreads to match the good-natured mood. "If you and your boy know any good spots worth hiking to, I'd love to hear it."

"A gym leader! Man, you shoulda told me I was talking to a celebrity. Maybe one day I'll hafta challenge you, if I ever get good at battling that is. But hey, thanks for the offer! It's good to meet ya, Mr. gym leader, I hope we can get on well in the future too." Aster rummaged around his pocket, all his collected rocks clicking musically, until he pulled out a small blue crystal. "Here, take this. Amazonite, a happiness crystal. I like to impart my friendly meetings with a gift of well wishes."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 3:10:37 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
"i was actually going to ask you that. arceus knows i need the sun," he says with a laugh, lifting his arm up to show the pale skin.
[break][break]
"i welcome the challenge!" his laugh shifts into a grin, then pulls much more closely together in a small dose of confusion. "a happiness crystal? is this like that... witchy stuff that i see on instagram a lot?"
[break][break]
another question pops-up.
[break][break]
"did you want to see the farm?"

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 19:22:56 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
"Hmm..." he tries to think of the best way he can explain crystals to someone who's only experience with them is through often misinformed influencers. "Well, it can be witchy, I su'pose, but I think a good way to look at 'em when you're not into the spirtual stuff is that they're kind of like a good luck charm. Or, er, a reminder to manifest the things you want. For example, happiness," he gestures to the Amazonite.

At Greyson's next question, Aster's eyes light up. "I'd love ta check it out! Last time I was at farm it was to chase down some stray rolling Wooloo; didn't get much of a chance to see the sights, so to speak."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 5:10:42 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
greyson isn't really big on these types of things, but he smiles and nods.
[break][break]
"i appreciate it man. hopefully it does just that." but judging by what lies ahead...
[break][break]
he places it in his pocket, reaching for, and expanding a pokeball as he does so.
[break][break]
"how do you deal with teleportation?"

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 2:28:51 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster scratched his head and looked to the sky avoiding Greyson's gaze.
" I've yet to teleport so I really can't say... Guess I was always a bit nervous to try it but..."
He shared a look with Basil and steeled himself.
"Well, I'm willing to give it a go! You know, fuck around and find out-" Basil sent his back hoof into his shin and Aster hissed in pain, "-sorry, fudge around and find out."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 2:41:55 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
he bites back the laugh that threatens to escape. for aster's sake.
[break][break]
"well, so long as you don't believe that whole theory about being a 'different person' once your molecules are broken down and reconstituted on he other end."
[break][break]
he gives aster a cheery smile.
[break][break]
"no one's been able to prove anything about that yet. but, we'll be fine."
[break][break]
an alakazam appears.
[break][break]
"are you ready?"
[break][break]
the surge of psychic energy that musters doesn't give him much of a remaining choice.

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 2:50:26 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Reconstituted? Different person? Aster paled. There were plenty of other reason for him to be nervous about teleportation even without this theory now in the back of his mind. Still, he managed a strained, tight smile and nodded with a sharp tilt of his head.

He was as ready as he ever would be.