awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 11:51:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Who would be crazy enough to try and attack two guys who were installing some things on behalf of—

You know what, not every single thing had to be lasered in on destruction and anarchy, right?

So basically, here was Lars, with a couple of the strange crystals he’d last seen used sometime before they had taken over Sootopolis and—

At least the machines were in discreet locations, easily traversable without need for too much exertion. Now the problem was—

Was he being too paranoid about this entire thing? Or was he just overthinking?

Stupid article… he thought with a dour look on his face, one that could curdle Moomoo Milk without even trying.

mission details here (primal points: aqua)

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 12:08:30 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Were these the final months of his life? Callan had been thinking about that ever since the news of the meteor came back to him. It coincided with his music release, and even though Teravolt got larger by the day, he couldn't help but feel daunted about the news of the impact.

He was here with Lars, that gave him some degree of stability. Whether or not the world ended soon, at least his life wouldn't end on a sad note. His worries were always on his daughter, his ex, but now there were more people in there too: , , , , and of course, Lars. He nestled the primal crystal, which was huge, above his shoulder as he grunted, setting the rock down into the conductor.

The gem was immaculately cut, and glowed with a strange pink light. As he locked it into place, he turned towards Lars, "So... I've been meaning to ask... do you know Elinor?" He had kind of been dreading the response received. For no particular reason. Mainly that their last name was Anderson.

Surely it was a coincidence.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 13:28:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Much as he wanted to rant about the inane stupidity of the news of the meteor not being made public sooner rather than later, there was one thing that was preventing him from doing that: the stupid NDA.

Ugh, how he wanted to pull a and hang out the higher-up’s dirty laundry for all to see.

However… there was something holding him back.

A rather large something as a matter of fact. And Callan happened to be a part of that rather large something he desperately wanted to keep whole.

(It was like his sanity was breaking into a million tiny pieces.)

And then the other man’s question made his expression soften, even if but for a bit.

“Yeah, Eli? What ‘bout it?”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 16:08:07 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan slowly stood back up, seeing the crystal glow with incandescent energy, he assumed it was working properly for now. In truth, he didn't really want to think about the fact that the meteor was coming over to this world.

And more importantly, perhaps, the feelings that it elicited in him that it was going to genocide an entirely different, separate plane, didn't so much make him feel that different. Sure, some slight discomfort, but he wasn't the type to be benevolent to everybody, and that's what made those who he did care for all the more special.

Oh shit. He thought. So he knows Elinor. "Umm... nothing, nothing in particular. I just... we met on a mission and um..." Callan paused. "We're currently seeing each other." He coughed into his hand. "Will that make things weird?" He paused, certainly, Lars was his boss, but at the same time, he was definitely into Elly and wanted things to keep going.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 10:27:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of the other going out with her, the start of a shit-eating grin appered on his face.

“Look, just don’t piss off her Bagon. Or Salamence. I think it’s a Salamence now, and you’re all good,” he said with a chuckle. Looks like the next meeting with his cousin was going to get all kinds of interesting, if he was going to be honest.

“I know you got a good head on your shoulders, man,” he added a few moments afterward.

Once the crystal had been secured, it was on to the next location.

“Outside of missions and other things, though, what’ve you been up to lately?”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 10:39:42 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan chuckles at his response. "I'll definitely remember that." He replied, frankly the idea of wanting to hurt in such a way that she'd sic a dragon type Pokemon on him was abhorrent. He wished the things he did for her made her happy, as she made him a happier man.

"But I'm glad you're okay with it. I didn't know what to expect, didn't want it to affect our friendship." He had no idea if it did or not of course, he didn't doubt that Lars would remain level headed about it. Regardless the grin on his face told him all he needed to know for now. He moved with Lars to the next location, a crystal on top of the Lilycover Harbor.

"Been working on making music actually." He replied, smiling, "Finally got the music out there, a single is out, if you're into rock music lemme know. I'm in a band with a few others, called Teravolt." It was still a little surreal, that things happened so quickly in the course of several months.

"Been spending time with Elly, been spending time doing PR stuff for the band as well. Moved my daughter to Unova to avoid the you-know-what. And you? How're things with the rangers recently? I know I've not been as active as before with everything happening." He paused. "And uhh, how are things with the meteor? I guess we'll have to be handling that as well."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 11:20:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“She needs to get out more, if I’m being honest here,” he added with a chuckle as they made tracks to their next destination, and this time it was his turn to set the crystal in place (as the other man had covered the first one earlier).

At the mention of him having a sideline, he couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Look, even I’ve got my own sideline, so that’s all good, being in a band—because a lot of the Rangers have either a second job, or a sideline to keep them busy when they’re not on-duty,” he nodded.

“I myself—even if the delivery service I work with told me I was free to go, I told ‘em, there ain’t no chance they’re getting rid of me. You know like how—there are riders that run stuff all over Hoenn? Food, letters, packages? That’s my other job when I’m not too busy handling the Rangers.”

When the topic of the ‘thing’ came up, he could only snort.

“Most of my family’s not here. Well, immediate family anyway.”

He was pretty sure had gone back to Unova, and that his mother and sister were somewhere… out there. Wherever ‘there’ was.

“As for everyone else? It’s business as usual, I don’t want to scare everyone off.”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 13:10:52 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Yeah I remember you mentioned you do delivery sometimes." It was an interesting image. One of the top trainers in the Pokemon world, Avatar of Articuno, and the HEad Ranger of Hoenn, hopping on a scooter bike doing deliveries.

"Mhm... I've also thought about asking Elly to head back to her parents for a while but..." From what he had heard from her, that would be akin to sending her back into a viper pit. He tried not to let his own personal feelings interfere, "I keep forgetting she's a ranger too, and that she has a purpose staying in Hoenn. She's here to help, as much as you and I are."

As they reached the top of the harbor, Callan moved over to check on the device that had been installed on top. It was functional, now to attach the crystal. There was just one, burning question in his mind. "Hey Lars," he began, his tone tensing slightly, "How likely is this plan going to work? Can you tell me, at least?" He was hoping that Dahlia had at least given him that much. Though, personally speaking, if he were the leader, he'd hold the estimates to himself and let the world live in blissful ignorance, at least for a little while longer.

He hoped that wasn't the case.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 15:15:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Yeah, if there’s one thing our side of the family has in common, it’s… really shitty family situations.”

Oh, don’t get him started on the other cousins as well, those were crazy enough as it is. But for the ones who bore his surname, well, oddity in and on itself, don’t you think? Parents always up to no good…

(Cough.)

“Best you don’t bring up anything about her immediate family around her unless you want her mood to sour. She’s really touchy about it,” he hummed as they arrived at their destination. Once the contraption was opened, he hefted the crystal into the gaping cavity, making sure it was secured before looking out at the horizon.

Man, what a sobering thought.

“If I’m going to be honest with you,” he began quietly as he approached the other, just in case there were other ears listening in, “…I have no idea. It’s… how do I put this. Nuts? For lack of a better word.”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 17:16:55 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Yeah. She did tell me a little bit about her parents." Callan nodded, if it was one thing he had learned from Elinor, it was that being in an upper class world didn't necessarily mean that you'd have a happy life. Perhaps ragnarok was coming, but it was better to live a few months with a life on your terms, rather than be safe and extend it to a few months more or years of misery.

Callan's heart sank, slightly, as Lars gave his reply. It wasn't something that'd be public information, that was for sure, but if the Head Ranger wasn't aware, a member of Team AQUA at that, then it meant it was probably held to only the absolute select few. "Right..." Callan sank the crystal into place, as it began to glow with the same light as the other. "Looks like everything is in good working order."

He pulled a cigarette out, lighting it, as he offered one to Lars. "We're five hours away from Happy Hour but, wanna grab a drink anyway?" He asked, "And... I wanna poke your brain about what Elly likes. Gifts, hobbies, that sort of thing, I wanna surprise her."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
installation [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 23:21:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: