1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 9:22:23 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

This was certainly not the first time that Callan had been in front of a cast of interviewers and news reporters. However, the subject matter was entirely different. Instead of thoughts about his upcoming album, addressing controversies or just giving his opinion about recent events, today he was here to be sent to defend against an entirely different beast.

Politics.

Callan sat alongside , feeling the heat of a hundred cameras pointing at them as they did their best to answer questions from a hundred different leading questions. Now was his turn, again. "Mr. Young, you've recently become much more acquainted with the music industry than you've ever had before. But before you became a music artist, you were a ranger. How can you possibly justify the fact that you're here spending additional time on your musical career, rather than putting your efforts into preventing the upcoming meteor?" A question that was likely aimed to assassinate his character, no doubt. Callan paused for a moment, before responding in turn.

"The same as you, Ms. Reynolds. I have obligations to fulfil, and besides that, I'm alongside my Rangers installing the crystals in major cities, clearing the pathways and roadblocks, and now, I'm also here answering your questions. But more importantly, the end of the world isn't an excuse for me to stop chasing my dreams." He smiled, it was well rehearsed, but the comical amount of bias let him see the humor in it, perhaps.

Another reporter raised up, this time, a question pointed towards Lars. "Head Ranger, how ready is Hoenn to intercept this meteor, how likely is it that we are not going to be in an apocalypse?" Finally, a decent question, and not one that either of them had an answer for however.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 16:49:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oh, that question…

If it wasn’t because of the NDA, he’d have bared his fangs in front of the general public right here.

Fuck, there was a reason he hated being in press conferences like this.

However, crux of the matter was that there was this ‘thing’ hanging over everyone’s heads now.

“Due to an NDA, I cannot disclose any further details than what we are allowed to publicly discuss. However, rest assured that there are steps already being taken, and there is no need to panic.”

Okay, one question down.

That was as calculated an answer as he could provide to the general public.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 16:40:11 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Though the reporter tried to barrel another question, she was summarily stopped by the modulator who took the microphone. Clearly any answers going forward were not going to be entertained given the nature of the NDA. Another reporter was chosen to ask a question.

"Head Ranger Anderson, what can you tell us about these supposed Sea Hoenn people? And why are we at war with them?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 20:23:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of the ‘sea people’, a very brief flash of irritation crossed his face before he looked at Callan with this stare that said ‘I’ll tell you something later,’ before turning his attention back to the crowd at large.

Fucking hell, this question was harder to deflect than the last, however due to what they’d been ‘forced’ to say, well, he’d have to lie through his teeth this time.

Even if he didn’t like it, he had to, and that sat so wrong with him on so many levels.

“What I can disclose is that they are hostile, and will not hesitate to attack anyone of this world that they encounter.”

But in the back of his mind, he was spitting to one side because that was one of the very few times he had to lie in public.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 4:20:10 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

"Surely there has to b--" "No, I don't think so." Callan replied, his voice firm. "You might be right. But what is the alternative?" While the usher attempted to move the question along, Callan signalled he was okay with answering the reply.

"Surely, there are other alternatives to colliding a meteor with an alternate dimension?" Callan paused, "Are you asking me, or Ranger Anderson?" "Both, as you're representatives of the League." "There might be a way to do so. But are you willing to risk it? A meteor collision could flatten Hoenn and everyone you care for in this region. There's a plan in place, but you're wishing to make alterations to it for the chance of a better outcome." He could imagine the hit pieces right now. Callan Young supports mass genocide. Callan young, musician or murderer? But his thoughts would make sense.

"Do you have children, a wife, a partner?" "Who, me?" "Yes." "I have a child and a husband." "With everything prepped for a meteor impact, would you make an ad hoc change in plans that has a higher chance of failure?" "You can't know that it has a higher chance of failure." "Okay. What's your suggestion?" Callan paused. Awaiting for the reporter's response. "Surely it's possible to deviate the route." Callan's hand moved to his brow, then back onto the table. "That possibility has already been considered, and failed, did you think that the brightest minds in the world would not have considered that option?"

After a momentary silence, following a buzz, the modulator moved to the next question. "This one is to Head Ranger Anderson, if the meteor does impact Hoenn, what is the estimated collision damage going to be?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 18:39:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Maybe it was a good thing that Callan took charge of the next few questions, however barbed the exchange was. He was pretty sure that the other wanted to lash out, but had to maintain a modicum of calm as this was in front of the Hoennian fucking press.

One wrong word and they (the press) could kill a person’s reputation.

At Callan’s last exchange, he couldn’t help but a momentary flash of a smirk flit across his stoic features before the question was turned back on him, and he blinked for a few moments, considering the weight of his answer.

“At the moment, there are no projected points of impact. There are precautions already being laid out across several locations—of which I cannot reveal in order not to compromise the integrity of the operation. However, on the off-chance, on the one-in a seven billion chance that the meteor does hit…”

He fell silent for a few moments to compose himself (heh).

“The damage would be beyond what anyone can plausibly comprehend. However, again, rest assured that measures are already being taken across the region to prevent such a scale of destruction from happening.”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 8:21:51 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Callan remained silent as did the reporter, as the modulator continued to pick the next reporter for questioning. "Bif Strogenov, HNN news." Came a voice from one of the reporters. "As you may know, there has been a significant amount of news in informal news sectors regarding the meteor impact's acceleration for months now," Callan knew this was going to be a tight one to reply to, he braced himself, he had rehearsed this particular question for a while now.

"Why was it that the information was not given official emergency news at an earlier time?" Callan briefly looked towards Lars, saying that he'd reply to this one. "It was to ensure that there were already plans in place so as to prevent immediate panic and instability caused by the information reveal." Callan replied.

"As you now know, the League has been steadily preparing for the meteor impact and are almost at the final stages in the preparation of the impact of the meteor. If we had disclosed the information earlier, without a plan, without steady, significant steps to counteract this plan, there would have been massive ramifications to many aspects of governance. Economic crisis, increase in crimes, to name a few."

Callan paused, "While we do understand that this can put a wrench in people's plans, it was done under the consideration of the best possible outcome. The meteor is still approximately six or so months from estimated impact, therefore for your loved ones and for your family, you can begin to make preparations with more than enough time allotted."

Murmurs from the crowd of reporters, quickly silenced by the modulator.

But before the next question could be told, the sound of a gunshot could be heard, a Snipe Shot by the door, aimed directly at Lars' head, but unfortunately, missing, striking him square in the pectoral instead.

Screams, pandemonium.

Callan immediately pushed both himself and Lars under cover, as he flipped the table to form some kind of defensive barrier. "Lars! You alright?!"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 10:09:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Maybe there was a reason why Lars had an inherent dislike for politics—there were so many layers to it that made it so complicated to juggle.

And yet there were certain individuals, like and that made it look like it was nothing, like it was breathing to them. How did they even manage that so well—?

Thankfully Callan answered the next question that had been thrown their way, and the best he could do was nod along.

Because honestly, if he hadn’t been put so suddenly on the spot, he’d have said something similar to what the other had shared with the crowd. Before another question could be asked, however, things moved too quickly and he felt his perspective suddenly shift as the table was no longer upright but on its side.

“What the fuck just happened,” he hissed as he felt a burning pain somewhere, but blotted it out as he attempted to look over the top of the desk before ducking back behind it.

“What even was security doing—”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 10:55:32 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Callan blanked out as Lars pulled his head back up again before ducking down. "Are you trying to get killed?" He hissed, as he pulled a ball from his Belt, sending out Eurea, his Gardevoir. "Get us to a hospital."

Callan grabbed Lars' shoulder, as he held his Gardevoir's as she teleporting, arriving in an ICU section of the Evergrande Hospital. "We have an emergency here!" He yelled, as Lars would undoubtedly be self evident, given the significant amount of blood pouring out of him. The nurses would rush in, with a Chansey nearby to immediately triage the wound. Callan stepped back as they prepped Lars for immediate surgery. "Don't die, I'll see you when they fix you up."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 17:01:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I was trying to see if whoever the fuck attacked us—or rather, me from the looks of things—was still out there!” he hissed back.

Clearly, the answer was in the negative, so there would be no further peeking out from behind the back of the upturned table.

And then he realized something—that the entire press conference was airing on live national television, and so pretty much whoever was tuned in at the time had seen the attempt on his life.

“Fuck,” was all he hissed a few moments later before Callan’s own Gardevoir appeared in a beam of red light and whisked them away—

Honestly, the adrenaline keeping him standing was still there, and he gave Callan the most confused look he could muster up—

“How in the hell am I going to die,” was the last thing he remembered saying.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Chopping Block | M
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 6:20:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: