Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 20:16:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

PARLAY

OCCUPIED OCEAN

Warm ocean air blew in through the glass-less windows of the Half Mast, a secluded pub that lay in the shadows of the Tree of Life, just off the water's shore. There were few patrons this time of day, especially with the reputation of Sootopolis City as of late, the perfect setting for a meeting between himself and the captain of the Sotally Tober, Skyler Dross.

Rowan sat in the rear of the establishment, watching the ice melt into his whiskey between sips, going over the information he planned to divulge in his mind on repeat. Although she wasn't beholden to the League, Skyler wasn't loyal to Team Rocket either, meaning there was some things that were on a need-to-know basis.

Not only that, the reputation of and Greater Mauville Holdings needed to be protected, their connection to the criminal organization wasn't public knowledge. This meant a careful story had to be crafted, one that would justify their involvement in the Sea Mauville project.

Thank god he'd chosen a bar.

WHAT LURKS IN THE DEPTHS?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 21:53:39 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler Dross enters the establishment on a warm oceanic breeze.

She'd graced the Half Mast with her presence prior to the Rocket invasion, making merry (and starting a few good ol' pub brawls) with the local seafolk after a long day's work. It is, she thinks, an entirely different beast during the day: what little light slips through the windows now doesn't do it any favors, highlighting gritty corners and stained surfaces. Shades of neglect.

(It doesn't help that some of its patrons have fled Sootopolis since Rocket's takeover.)

What brings her here this time, however, leads her away from the bar and further into the establishment. A quick conversation garners a bottle that she slides onto the table scant seconds before she's slipping into the seat facing

Her smirk is a brief glint of teeth, there one moment and gone the next as she extends her hand to for a handshake. "Captain Skyler Dross. I hear you have a business proposal for me?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 16:48:52 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Rowan Wrynn, a pleasure.” A hand extended to meet her own, offering a polite smile. The fact that she’d already procured a bottle before their greeting was a rather decent indication that the two would get along fine, but he didn’t want to assume based on something so superficial. “Thanks for coming on such short notice, I’ve heard nothing but positive things about you and your crew from Mr. Merlino.” Giving out Gavin’s first name would have sounded too familiar, creating assumptions that he’d rather not address.

“I assume you are familiar with Sea Mauville, yeah?”
Opening up the manilla folder he’d brought along, he’d gesture towards a photograph of the dilapidated structure, as it currently stood. “Greater Mauville Holdings has recently garnered interest in refurbishing the structure into a marine research facility, which is why they’ve hired an Oceanographer such as myself to lead the project.” One without any formal education, but that was the benefit of being a fellow Beast with the CEO himself.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 17:40:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Brows are raised in a momentary show of surprise, the captain leaning back to peer at Rowan with intent curiosity. “… Gavin?” In typical Skyler fashion, the captain is quick to discard all formalities regardless of her actual relationship with the Underboss. “Wasn’t expecting him to go and sing my praises this fast.” There’s a measure of amusement to her words and, beneath it, a sort of understanding.

She’d offered her services to Rocket, hadn’t she?

The bottle pops open, and Skyler pours two glasses. One of them is pushed over the salt-stained surface of the wooden table in Rowan’s direction. The name Sea Mauville gives Skyler pause, superstition creeping briefly over her visage.

“Yeah, I know of it.” Unbidden, she finds her eyes drifting down to the manilla folder and what lay inside before rising to meet Rowan’s. “Always figured it was cursed, y’know. Grim place, with a grim story and even grimmer fate. Most sailors keep a safe distance.”

She takes a sip from her drink, pensive. Should the Beast try his, he’d be met with cheap ass tequila. This was only their first meeting, after all – Skyler usually kept the good stuff for later.

“What do you need from me, Rowan?”
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 18:58:36 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“In a word? Muscle.” Scooping up the glass, he’d take a sip of the tequila. “We’ve had a number of crew members disappear, some of them turning up dead.” Rowan shuffled through the documents in the folder for a moment, slipping a picture collage of the bodies that had been found thus far across the table. “I warn you, they’re a bit gruesome.” Bloated bodies, one after the other that had been mangled beyond recognition.

“Something is killing my people, and from what I’ve seen I don’t think it’s going to stop.” A soft sigh escaped his lips, weary from the stress this has caused him. “This is the only image we’ve managed to capture of it.” Another picture was slid across the table, a mass of tentacles in the crushing blackness of the ocean, captured by and on their dive below Sea Mauville.

“This thing isn’t a curse, it’s very real and that means it can be killed.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 19:36:32 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Rowan's warning is warranted as the file slides open to reveal ghastly picture after ghastly picture, showcasing shredded bodies torn asunder in a terrible display of unbridled violence. Skyler forces herself to take careful stock of the injuries, lips pulled down in thought.

Finally, her gaze settles back on the young man, file closing silently under her fingertips.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Rowan." Even if Rowan hadn't known them, they had been part of his crew. Skyler might be oblivious, but she isn't callous - for the most part. She raises her glass briefly in their memory, taking a long sip of her drink. 

It burns all the way down her throat, and Skyler sighs in pleasure.

"So, muscle?" The captain finds herself pleasantly surprised by Rowan's blunt, straight-to-the-point approach. This is the way she likes to conduct business.

"What's the plan? We're goin' to brute force this thing?" Leaning forward, her eyes alight with sharp interest. "'S nothing like I've ever seen." And she'd seen a fair amount of ocean bullshittery since she'd taken to the waves.

But if her keen expression is anything to go by, she's definitely intrigued.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 20:12:45 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowanwt"]
[attr="class","rowanwtw"]"The plan...." Rowan scooped up the glass again, taking a sip of the tequila before continuing. "...is to kill it." In theory a simple enough endeavor, but he hadn't even began to describe what this Pokémon was capable of. "The problem, however, is that it's not just strong. It's smart too." There were things he'd heard and seen that were beyond belief, but the most chilling accounts came from and .[break][break]

"One of my people reported seeing an apparition of their dead sibling, beckoning them into the water to drown. The other person that was with him, didn't hear or see anything." A ghost story perhaps, but the circumstances left Rowan to believe that someone had been altering the mind of the Beast directly, and not just his perception of reality. "On a diving expedition, another of my people reported loss of control over their body. Something was forcing them to take off their respirator and drown themselves, luckily they managed to regain control before the apparatus was fully removed." [break][break]

There was only one logical conclusion that Rowan could arrive to, and it was one he intended to share with Skyler. "I believe it possesses significant psychic powers, perhaps stronger than any Pokémon I've seen so far."
[attr="class","rowanwttag"]

[attr="class","rowanwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowanwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt b] color: #487f8a; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #487f8a!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #487f8a; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #487f8a!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #487f8a; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #487f8a; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 10:54:30 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Her grip on the glass turns white-knuckled with each new revelation that slips from Rowan's mouth, broad strokes painting a blood-curdling picture. Any sailor in possession of a single speck of common sense would've heard the tale, thanked for their time, and walked straight out the door. Skyler downs the rest of her drink in a single gulp, then pours some more.

It remains between them, untouched.

"You sure know how to pick 'em. Of all places, good ol' Sea Mauville." Despite her words, the captain doesn't make to leave. "Straight into a buffet of horrors. All yours for the picking." Give her an ocean storm, giver her rage and fury and the sweet, unfathomable depths - she'd happily test her mettle against them.

She raises her glass in his direction. "Well. That's ballsy, if nothing else." Her grin is fleeting, a light-hearted gulp of air before her face morphs into stark, business-like intensity.

What Rowan was describing was an entirely different beast from things such as tempests and storms. One that has often, though with different interpretations, made an appearance in old sailor tales. Superstition, the captain thinks, always has root in truth.

"Have you been able to track its movements at all? I'm assuming it stays near Sea Mauville." Within her mind, a map of the area unfolds. It was thankfully well-documented given its prior occupation. 

"Doing a perimeter 'round the area and closing it in might provoke more attacks, but if you're looking to kill it you want to lure it out anyway." A pause, while she sips from her drink. "I've got a war ship, the Sotally Tober, and a crew." And the creator of the sea itself, according to some myths and legends.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 22:41:17 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"As far as we can tell, it rarely leaves the area." Rowan confirmed, scooping up his glass for another quick sip. "I'm sending some divers to confirm, but I believe it's home is in the sea caverns beneath the facility." Made the most sense, considering construction on Sea Mauville was what had set the thing off in the first place. Besides, something that big would have been noticed by now if it freely roamed the oceans around Hoenn. "I have a couple theories as to where it came from, but I'm waiting on some documents to be delivered from some contacts that should shed some more light on it's origin."[break][break]

A smile tugged at the corner's of Rowan's lips when the warship was mentioned, idly churning the liquid in his glass with a hand. "Don't suppose you could help distribute say..." He thought for a moment, coming up with an estimate. "...400 tons of explosive ordinance with that vessel?" That sounded about right, after all, the sea mines weighed quite a bit. "We've already relocated the natural sea life in the area, so you wouldn't need to worry about that. We're just trying to box this thing in with a minefield."
[attr="class","rowwttag"]

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#487f8a; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#487f8a!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #487f8a; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #487f8ac!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #487f8a; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #487f8a; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Parlay [OO]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 22:57:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler's mid-sip when the proposal falls from Rowan's lips in such a casual manner that it takes her brain some seconds to catch up. The first sign is the widening of eyes, quickly followed by the captain spewing out the tequila in her mouth with spectacular aplomb, spraying the wooden table and anything in its unfortunate vicinity.

"You- What?" The whisper hisses past gritted teeth right before the back of her hand rises to clean tequila-stained lips. Skyler's brows furrow in disbelief. "You lookin' to hunt sea monsters - or to drown the whole Arceus-damned Slateport beach?"

Despite the initial reaction, the captain seems far from deterred. A pensive gaze lands on Rowan, blunt in its silent appreciation for the Beast's foolhardy, if ambitious plan. She could get behind this, she thought, provided compensation is forthcoming. 

Any matter regarding sea life goes unremarked, though Skyler feels thankful that that particular hiccup has been dealt with.

A circle of moisture is left on the table as she grabs her glass, taking a careful sip. "Say I agree to this madness," she drawls on hushed tones. Silver glints greedily from under dark lashes. "I expect the payoff to be worth the risk. I have been thinking of expanding my fleet - and that doesn't come cheap."

There's also the matter of Kyogre. Gavin all but guessed at her avatarship, but she wonders at how far the knowledge has spread - if at all. And that includes her prospective client.