TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Dr. Eva Morales's Laboratory
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 18:42:20 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

THE LAB OF DR. EVA MORALES

Eva Morales, The League Head Scientist

A log of Dr. Morales's publications, musings, and discoveries

The following is a formal log of her scientific publications, musings, and discoveries. Publications available to the public will be marked as such and can be considered public knowledge. Sprinkled throughout will be scientific diary entries that are not available to the public, and simply dictate her thought process and musings as she goes through the scientific method and her experiences in Hoenn.

Lab Assistants: &

Specifics: Eva's lab has an open door policy. The lab itself is lined with large, reenforced glass windows that allow whoever is passing by to view what she is doing inside. It is a large, open concept lab. Unlike her desk, the lab is kept pristine, a sanctuary of science. To the far right is a Pokemon PC along with a few kennels against the wall to house pokemon that aren't in their pokeballs. The pharmacy is also located over there with a variety of potions, healing agents, herbal remedies, and medicines. Two standard exam tables sit side by side towards the center of the room. Beside them is a large, padded space for large pokemon to rest comfortably for exams and treatments. Against the back wall is the laboratory area. It houses the machines for blood work, cytology, a microscope, incubators, and other standard laboratory equipment along with a table top work bench for sorting through samples. In the back left, there is a rather new piece fo equipment: a chamber made to house more dangerous pokemon for observation such as Shadow Pokemon or Ultra Beasts. To the left of the lab is the break room, a small, cozy area with a fridge, small table, coffee pot, and a desk for whichever Lab Assistant is working that day. Finally, through the break room is Eva's office. The door is always open for those with inquires.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 0:50:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

JOURNAL ENTRY #1

THE THEORY OF ENERGY

May 20, 2022: Here we are, months after the events of the Star Soiree and nearly a year after discovering the meteor. So many questions still remain unanswered. There have been many late, sleepless nights pouring through volumes of lore and "fiction" to expand on my knowledge of the universe in which we live. After all, it is no longer the only universe in existence. The events of the AQUA Assembly beneath Rustboro confirmed the theory of multiple alternate universes. What else is out there?

The possibilities are endless.

These are but the musings of a mad scientist, disabled by exhaustion and frustrated by the lack of concrete evidence.

The question today: What is the source of Hoenn's surplus energy?

Primal and Infinity Energy willingly mix and flood the region, giving birth to gigantic trees that bring life and power that drives the native legendaries mad. Together they are volatile.

Perhaps a mixture of Primal Energy and the power of manipulating time and space gives us the illusion that Primal Energy is the culprit of such an ability.

Correlation does not equal causation.

I find it highly unlikely Primal Energy is the cause of the Space-Time distortions. This leads me to believe there may be a separate source that is missing. Perhaps another type of undiscovered energy? Is that what the Megalopolans were after? What makes Hoenn so desirable for alternate worlds and legendaries alike? Or is primal energy simply that powerful and we have yet to tap into its potential?

There is no question that the source of Hoenn's Infinity Energy emanates from the Tree of Life in Sootopolis, associated with the resurgence of Xerneas. Primal Energy seems to be confined to the ancient Primal Stones and rock formations of the region and needs a conduit. It does not seem to spread freely like Infinity Energy which may latch on to any life force.

With so much power, the balance is bound to shift. Equilibrium must be maintained.

To protect our world from others, we must first understand what it is that threatens us.

As always, I seem to end with more questions than answers, it is the plague of science.

TO DO:
  • Speak with General Smohke
  • Consult Dr. Holo
  • Revisit Meteor Falls and inspect the meteonite there
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 6:00:13 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

DESCRIPTION OF THE UNKNOWN ELECTRODE VARIANT

OFFICIAL PUBLICATION OF DR. EVA MORALES'S LABORATORY

Eva Morales, Doctor of Pokemon Medicine, The Hoenn Pokemon League
Coauthors: ,

Abstract: The aim of this paper is the identify the variations in forms of the well-known traditional Electrode and the Electrode found in Hoenn as a result of the so called ‘Space-Time Distortions’ occurring throughout the region. A number of samples were collected from both specimens caught within the phenomena and those that actively changed form from the Kantonian variation to the new Variant. Biology, physiology, battle techniques, and genetic makeup were analyzed and compared to known published data.

Genetics support that this pokemon is indeed a member of the Mineral family with no known genders. The unknown Variant maintains its electric typing but displays characteristics of grass-type pokemon, suggesting a unique dual-type combination. Unlike the Kantonian Electrode’s metallic exterior, the surface of the variant is reminiscent of an Apricorn and may actively absorb sunlight to support photosynthesis. On microscopic evaluation, it is living tissue that displays all known characteristics of plant material. In addition to a specialized organ for storing electricity, the Electrode variant can also store energy derived from its photosynthesis and can later use this energy to unleash a powerful blast when threatened, a new pokemon move not previously recorded in the literature. Carbon dating of the Apricon exterior places the specimens at about 400-500 years old, confirming the theory that these Space-Time Distortions do, in fact, impact the temporal stabilization of the area in which they occur. Although not published in this study, it has been witnessed to be the evolution of an unknown variant of Voltorb. Further research is needed to confirm this theory.

Details of the data can be found in the official publication available for free-access on The Hoenn League Scientific Laboratory website.

Questions can be directed to Dr. Eva Morales’s office at morales.lab@hoennleague.gov

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 20:20:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

PRELIMINARY DESCRIPTION OF PRIMAL ENERGY AND ITS PHYSIOLOGIC CONSEQUENCES

OFFICIAL PUBLICATION OF DR. EVA MORALES'S LABORATORY

Eva Morales, Doctor of Pokemon Medicine, The Hoenn Pokemon League
Coauthors: and

Abstract: This paper is a brief description of the preliminary data on Primal Energy and the physiologic consequences witnessed thus far in our studies.

Disclaimer: Additional research is underway; theories and assumptions may change based on test results.

Primal Energy was first described upon Bailey Cooper’s avatarship with the Hoenn legendary Groudon. High concentrations of focused Primal Energy can be found within spheres that seem to be bound to their respective legendary. Lower concentrations of Primal Energy have been extracted from various forms of rocks throughout Hoenn, particularly those referred to as METEONITES. Dating of these rock formations suggest they are thousands of years old, hence the name Primal Energy. The origin of these rock formations are unknown, and testing suggests they are not of this world.

The properties of Primal Energy are extensive and dangerous. PRIMAL ENERGY INTOXICATION is a well-described and fatal disease caused by a surge of Primal Energy through the body. Both humans and pokemon are not immune. Cause of death appears to be acute, severe liver failure that results in immediate death. The affects of long term, low concentration exposures to Primal Energy are unknown and studies on this are not recommended due to the volatile nature of Primal Energy and the potential for unnecessary harm and possible death to the test subjects.

Additional properties of Primal Energy include:
  • Teleportation between dimensions
  • Primal Reversion
  • Reactivity to mega-evolution and z-move usage

Teleportation between dimensions with Primal Energy is delicate in nature. Depending on the cut and refinement of a primal shard, a specific dimensional resonance can be created when struck by z-moves or mega-evolution. The resonance corresponds to particular dimensions but discovering and testing what kind of cuts or refinements bring the traveler to another dimension is extremely difficult. It is theorized that the location in which the primal shards are used can assist with finding a dimension one may seek, but this is wildly unpredictable still. Both beings and full objects and pieces of objects or flesh may be teleported to an unknown dimension. It is strongly advised to avoid the use of z-moves and mega-evolution when in the presence of Primal Energy.

Areas suspected to have high concentrations of Primal Energy should be avoided.

Any information on Primal Energy or sightings of suspected high concentration areas should be reported to The Hoenn Safety Commission at HSC@hoennleague.com

Details of the data can be found in the official publication available for free-access on The Hoenn League Scientific Laboratory website.

Questions can be directed to Dr. Eva Morales’s office at morales.lab@hoennleague.gov

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 4:18:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

OFFICIAL LEAGUE REPORT: EVENTS OF RAYQUAZA’S RECOVERY AND CONCLUSIONS ON THE HOSTILE ICE DRAGON

CONFIDENTIAL REPORT – FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS AND AQUA INITIATIVE MEMBERS ONLY

Eva Morales, Doctor of Pokemon Medicine, The Hoenn Pokemon League, Head Professor

Abstract: This is a confidential report of the events of Rayquaza’s recovery by , , , , and

Disclaimer: This is a confidential document. Any dissemination of this document or the information pertained within is punishable by law.

History: The last known sighting of Rayquaza was by , , and others in their party during the construction of a LIGHTHOUSE in Sootopolis prior to Rocket’s takeover of the city. During the events, Rayquaza disappeared in a flash of light as the result of a PRIMAL CRYSTAL in ’s possession reacting to the z-move and mega-evolutions performed by the party members to fend off Rayquaza. Based on previous research, Dr. Morales concluded Rayquaza was TELEPORTED TO ANOTHER DIMENSION by PRIMAL ENERGY.

Dr. Morales was first approached by who was in possession of a black scale from an alternate Rayqauza. She reported to have ventured into an alternate plane of reality. She described it as a frozen tundra, with very little life. There, she encountered Hoenn’s Rayquaza in combat with a hostile ice dragon before being sent back to our Hoenn thanks to the protection of the alternate Rayquaza and our own. With this information, , , and put together an expedition to find Hoenn’s Rayquaza, in hopes of returning it to our world to deal with the meteor that threatens the region.

The Mission: , , , , and used mega-evolutions and z-moves similar to the original ones from Rayquaza’s last known encounter to travel to the plane in which it was trapped. Rayaquaza was found frozen to the base of that world’s Sky Tower, likely by the hostile ice dragon found in that plane. Rayquaza was gravely injured, but was successfully transported home. Later research made it apparent that Rayqauza's MIKADO ORGAN helped to ignite the primal shard to return the party to our Hoenn. It is a curious organ, able to absorb and harness PRIMAL ENERGY.

Rayquaza is currently under League custody, recovering from its wounds.

The Ice Dragon: The creature can best be described as a VERY LARGE and MORE POWERFUL alternate to Unova’s KYUREM. During Dr. Morales’s research, the physical resemblance is almost identical except for size and reported temperament. The Alternate Kyurem displays an unusual amount of power, likely secondary to a factor in its world that this dimension lacks.

Dr. Morales labels this creature as a TIER 4 THREAT*. Protocols for possible containment of the creature should it ever breach our dimension are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.

Important Observations :
- Appears to be of ICE and DRAGON typing, maintaining a weakness for DRAGON TYPE MOVES
- Liberal use of NEVER-MELT-ICE appears to be extremely effective, resistant to fire, but may be chipped away by STRONG FIGHTING MOVES
- Appears to have a strong affinity for ATTACKING AND KILLING LEGENDARY POKEMON

Those who personally receive this report:
, , ,

, , , , , , , , , ,

*Tier 4 Threat: Highest threat level, capable of complete region destruction

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 5:03:42 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

PERSONAL ENRTY

THE MAD RAMBLINGS OF A SCIENTIST

Eva Morales, Doctor of Pokemon Medicine, The Hoenn Pokemon League, Head Professor

Dear Eva,

Yes, it’s you writing to yourself. Get over it.

I know it feels silly writing this, and probably even more so reading it, but before Menteno hits there’s a few things I want to jot down before shit gets real.

First off, if you’re reading this, congratulations! You’re alive! Hoenn did it! . . . But at what cost?

No one knows you better than I do, and I know that if it came at the cost of the lives of others, you’ll see it as a failure. I’m sorry but it’s time for some tough love, girl. What were you gonna do? Let it destroy your home? It’s not just you here. You’re surrounded by people you love and care for. I know it’s hard to place values on lives but trust me, these lives matter more than any other version of them in an alternate world.

This Hoenn is what matters. It’s not all about YOU.

And now that you’ve survived, what changes?

The answer should be: A LOT.

Firm up those borders, take care of Rocket, go home, see your family, go on that vacation with , live for Arceus’ sake!

There’s a lot you regret, but you’ve been given the gift of more time. Use it wisely.

There’s still so much left for you to do, Professor.

Hoenn isn’t done with you yet.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 22:00:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

PART I: EXILE

Broken and lost

Home. It’s an abstract thing. It’s something she’s constantly searched for but has been difficult to cling to. Every time she felt close, it crumbled, slipping through her fingers like the sand of the Desert Ruins.

Finally, she thought she found it. It was built on warmth, comfort, security, love, everything she dreamed it would be. She found it in a person and it grew into something unimaginable, something truly extraordinary.

Though it would always be the person that made a home, she still found it difficult to leave the ranch. It was here they grew even deeper in love, forever tangled their lives together with ribbons of promises, hopes, and dreams. It was in that corner by the window she had the happiest moment of her life, where she could finally see a future expanding in front of her in infinite streams of light. It was upstairs in that spare bedroom where they talked about a family, a family that would never be more than a dream.

Dead before it was even conceived.

Poisoned by lies and broken promises that weren’t her sins to bear.

That didn’t make it hurt any less.

She lost another home. Stolen from her like Kanto was. Was she undeserving of such happiness? Was she destined to live a lonely, broken life? Forever trying to carefully mend the pieces of her broken heart?

As she stood in the living room, frozen in fear and insecurity, she failed to find hope.

Her fingers clutched the last remnant of her previous life, the one she would forever dream of. The elegant, simple diamond ring was meant to symbolize forever. The empty space on her finger left her feeling hollow inside. Would she ever feel whole again without him?

A presence stirred in her chest, a deep thrum of energy that briefly coated her wounds in peace. Rayquaza's golden eye peered through the open door, a gentle purr encouraging her to find the strength to surrender. The turmoil that raged inside her was anything but peaceful. She felt angry, helpless, desperate, lost, broken. A Peacemaker couldn’t bring peace if she couldn’t find it within herself.

Another gentle push.

“I know,” she whispered, attempting to swallow the knot constricting her throat, “I know,” she couldn’t stay here forever. He was gone. He left her. He promised her he wouldn’t but he did it anyway. Eva always thought it would be death that broke that promise. It ended up being worse - it was someone else. He would have someone, while she would have no one.

She should hate him, she should hate her, but she doesn’t. She’ll always love him. And with love comes the obligation to forgive and support them no matter the cost to your own self.

So, she let him go, leaving a ring and a note on the counter for him to find if he ever came back.

May you find peace, happiness, and love in your next adventure.

Love always,
Eva

Simple, but each word meant so much more than their definitions. They were sincere and he would know that.

Somehow, she found the strength to leave, turning before she could stop herself. She was greeted with warmth from her deity, but it paled in comparison to what she once had. She mounted Rayquaza, and together they rose into the sky towards another place she once called home.

Shortly after their separation, Hoenn would find the professor’s laboratory absent, only her aides keeping it in order. A brief statement would alert any inquiring minds that Dr. Morales had taken a short sabbatical for unknown reasons. Rumors of the emerald serpent soaring Northeast would trickle through the tabloids, speculating if Dr. Morales was with them. Her absence lingered for weeks.

Where was Eva?

Answers would only come to those that went looking. Kanto’s Rocket boasted about a small conference, one that would showcase their efforts in Kanto and demonstrate how their governmental ideals have helped the region excel and prosper. Eva was among those invited. After all, who better to showcase these improvements to than a respected Kanto native? A hero the people thought was dead and they would bring her back to life. The people would love it, love her, intoxicated by the Sweet Scent of their manipulation. Or so they hoped . . .

Stay tuned for Part II: CLOSURE

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 21:14:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

PART II: CLOSURE

How does a healer heal?

It was unexpected to see her land just outside the house on the back of Rayquaza, of all things. The legendary disappeared, leaving only the lost daughter. A broken and fragile thing - that much was obvious. The tears she cried weren’t only due to their reunion. They cried together, father and daughter, locked in an embrace that made up for years of lost ones.

Adam wasn’t one to cry, a stoic, serious man with the physique and demeanor of a rocky Rhydon. The last time he cried was when he buried her.

At the sight of his daughter alive, all anger was lost and replaced with nothing but joy. Not a single word was uttered about betrayal nor did he impose guilt upon her. They simply basked in each other’s presence and spent days talking while they worked what was left of the ranch, stepping back into a routine like nothing strange ever happened.

Slowly he coaxed it out of her - the reasons why she seemed so lost. Anger bubbled in his chest but the only thing he offered was understanding and support. She could stay here as long as she liked, forever is what he hoped for. He knew his daughter better than that and from what he’d learned, her destiny laid far beyond the reaches of this little ranch outside Pallet Town.

Eva didn’t visit this place often, even when she was a child. The tall, old willow had always seemed oppressive. Below it lie the grave of her mother, a somber reminder that loss was too common. Eva replaced the wildflowers wilting at the base of the grave, her fingers gently tracing the words etched in stone forever.

Evelyn Blaire Morales
Mother. Wife. Rider.
The kindest woman in all of Kanto

“She’d be very proud of who you have become,” Adam said behind her, his low voice flowing in a rhythmic cadence, gentle and soothing.

“Are you sure about that?” Eva responded, her tone far more hesitant as she adjusted the flowers to sit just right against the gray, “I don’t feel like she would be,” at least not right now.

Adam gently coaxed her off her knees, pulling her into another embrace before looking down into her bright green eyes. She looked just like her mother.

“Positive, especially right now,” he affirmed, reading her mind, “When I lost your mother I was broken too. The loneliest I’ve ever been despite being surrounded by you and your brothers. I didn’t have time to mourn because you all needed me to be strong. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t miss her,” his own green eyes shifted to the grave but then moved to the one beside it.

Eva Lynn Morales
Daughter. Hero. Healer.
The strongest woman in all of Kanto.
Her selfless sacrifice inspired many.

“When I lost you,” he continued, exhaling slowly at the painful memories that flooded the forefront of his mind, “I was more broken than ever. I was nothing, a shell of myself, drowning in grief over something I couldn’t change,” he held her tighter at the thought, “It’s ok to mourn, it’s ok to feel broken, but what’s not ok is depriving the world of you because someone else stole your purpose and let it burn,” he tilted her head up to make sure she understood, “The world needs Eva Morales, not Eva Silph or whoever the fuck you were gonna be,” He could feel her tense uncomfortably at the name, no doubt salt rubbed into a fresh wound, “I still stand by those words,” his head subtly nodded towards her gravestone, “You’re the strongest woman I’ve had the pleasure of learning from, don’t let anyone prove me wrong.”

He knew it was different to lose someone to death. Hope was a powerful thing and as long as was alive, she’d cling to a hope that he would one day choose her. Adam hoped that in the meantime, she’d grow past it, elevate to a station above the need for approval and acceptance from him. She was meant for so much more than a simple man.

“C’mon, hon,” he gave her a quick kiss on the top of the head, wrapping an arm around her shoulders to lead her back to the house, “There’s some people I want you to meet,” the somber look in his eyes turned mischievous and he grinned, “They’ll be excited to meet their hero.”

Stay tuned for Part III: CONSPIRACY

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 23:02:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

PART III: CONSPIRACY

Blackmail

After her ‘death’ her father found purpose in something other than the ranch, something a bit more foreign to him: rebelion. After Eva and a few of the other main characters were forced out of Kanto, it died and moved underground. Now there were only a precious few with the bravery enough to still dream of a better Kanto.

Some faces were familiar while others were new. She spoke with them, listened to them. One after another they told their stories and rose the veil of stability Rocket rested over the region. Beneath it, in the shadows, was oppression. High taxes and high prices for basic goods kept them struggling beneath the thumb of the organization just to survive. There was no room for growth. The majority of the people were limited to the number of pokemon they could own. Any new permits for catching wild pokemon went to those in certain classes above the majority that could afford to submit more than one bid. Game Corners have sprouted up in nearly every city. They encouraged those with little to waste what they had on the dream of climbing the ladder out of their own graves.

It broke her heart that she left her home to fend for itself and not share in their suffering.

Unfortunately, the contingency of her stay in Kanto rested on her cooperation. Regardless, this was a unique opportunity to slip behind enemy lines and genuinely hear what they had to say. Eva’s bias would likely get in the way of a neutral evaluation but she would do her best.

Kantonian Rocket was civil, perhaps overly so. Their graciousness and hospitality rivaled anything she’d experienced before. Her accommodations in Celadon City far exceeded the expectations of a small-town ranch girl. The sheer size of the suite in the Game Corner’s penthouse was intimidating, “This is far too much for one person,” she mused out loud to the Gallade who hadn’t relaxed a single second since they arrived in the city.

The conference was, to say the least, enlightening. The ruling government presented their models, their plans for reform, their itineraries. Each subject was met with scrutinizing questions not only from herself but some of the other few present. Each point was exuberantly elaborated on and polished with the finest silk to shine brighter than it seemed.

The region seemed relatively stable. If you looked at it from a bird’s eye view it was clean, safe, organized. Diligent surveillance and strict regulations seemed to greatly limit crime . . . on the surface. Every rose has its thorns, and this structure was ripe with them beneath the beautiful exterior. Their prosperity couldn’t be denied, but it bottlenecked at a certain point, cutting off a majority of the population they ruled. Their strict enforcement of certain standards and laws oppressed too many.

“I trust you enjoyed yourself, doctor,” the woman behind the desk smiled, reaching over to offer Eva a bit of coffee.

“Yes, it was a unique experience,” she smiled politely as she settled into the opposite seat in the admin’s office, “Though I still don’t understand why the Safari Zone was shut down,” their explanation had been subpar in her opinion.

The admin smiled, settling back in her seat, “Some sacrifices must be made for security,” a very political answer. Eva couldn’t help but frown, taking the warm cup into her hands, “And who bears the weight of those sacrifices?” Eva asked, sipping her coffee. She knew the answer but wanted to hear what the official had to say, “We all do, of course. But you have to agree that sacrifice for the greater good is well worth it,” Eva spotted a condescending pitch in her tone as if using her own words against her somehow.

“The greater good?” She almost laughed but held a professional composure, “I don’t see how the general population benefits under oppression,” the last word cast a dark shadow over the admin’s face. She leaned forward, folding her hands together on the desk.

“Doctor Morales, you were invited here on the basis of good faith and the opportunity to learn and visit your family. Your report back to Hoenn will be crucial in our effort to reopen negotiations for Kanto trade and establish legitimacy to the natives as the ruling body of the region,” she paused to assess the professor’s demeanor, though a practiced stoic gaze was all she was met with, “Your support of our initiatives and systems is . . . expected,” there it was, the catch to all this.

“I will write an unbiased report to relay to the Hoenn League,” she wasted no time shutting down the implication that her report was to be adulterated with expectations of the Kantonian Rocket.

“I’m happy to hear that. We look forward to reading it before you depart,” That caught Eva off guard. Her brow rose quizzically to encourage the admin to elaborate, “Oh I’m sure the working conditions in Pallet Town are awful compared to your provided accommodations,” her smile was almost mocking, “I’m sure your father and brother will still be there when you are finished.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Eva asked, detecting the underlying threat.

The woman didn’t answer and simply let Eva infer for herself what that could possibly mean, “We insist you remain here to write your report so it is finished in a timely manner. Now, allow us to escort you back to your suite,” she rose from her seat and motioned for two men to flank the professor. Eva rose in compliance though her emerald gaze was filled with nothing but defiance.

Stay tuned for Part IV: UNREST

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 23:11:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Kantonian Rocket’s Governmental Systems: Review and Evaluation

Publication for the Hoenn League
Dr. Eva Morales

Over the past weeks I had the unique opportunity to spend some time in Kanto under the gracious invitation of their Rocket-run government. This opportunity was presented as a means of demonstrating the success of their governing over the Kanto Region and to open opportunities for growth and acceptance within their borders. The conference consisted of updates, successes, and the presentation of future endeavors along with tours of some of the region’s highlighted projects. This review acts to briefly summarize what was presented for the reader’s own evaluation. A remarks section is included to demonstrate the author’s opinion of the data presented.

GOVERNMENTAL MODEL

While still in its infancy, the current governmental model described by the representatives aligns with the ideals of an oligarchy, a system in which few hold the power for decision making. It lacks representation of the native people with little to no opportunity to contribute. Regional representation is chosen from among the higher ranks of the organization. According to the strategist present, this ensures an organized, direct line of power and decision making to help adjust the natives to their occupancy.

They claim that, with time, a more representative democracy will be transitioned into the current structure. However, the chosen representatives must be a part of the organization to apply for such positions. Voting will be allowed to those within the general population in ‘good standing’. When prompted, they failed to elaborate on the definition.

ECONOMY

As soon as Kanto transitioned to Rocket rule, the economy was seized and restructured. The ruling bodies eliminated all trade with other regions. The borders were strictly monitored. Export and imports were seized in an attempt to have full control of the direction of goods. The limited importation of goods led to an increased emphasis on Kantonian goods. However, the limited supply for a growing population has led to drastic inflation in the prices of seemingly standard household items vital for day-to-day living (toilet paper, clothing, food, etc.). This disparity has wedged an even further gap between the classes of the region essentially eliminating a middle class.

To correct this growing disparity, there is a movement to reopen trade with other regions, though very limited and strictly enforced. To ensure the Kantonian goods are protected, high tariffs will be applied to any imports once trade negotiations are reopened. The government supplies generous aid to those in need as the economy adjusts.

SECURITY

This subject was perhaps the most discussed over the course of the conference. Kanto boasts its lowest rate in crime in its current history. Aggressive and strict regulations were immediately implemented for the protection of the people. Native Kantonian first responders were replaced with Rocket teams stationed throughout the region. Elite Four members and the Champion were quickly taken into custody. Swift and harsh punishment was enacted to discourage civil unrest and promote peace.

As an act of good faith, the ruling parties allowed the people to keep their pokemon. However, strict laws were implemented to limit the number of pokemon that can be carried on a civilian to three. Special permits were given to first responders and peacekeepers to allow the standard maximum of six. Pokeballs and their derivatives are strictly regulated. Applications for purchase must be submitted along with a description of the intended pokemon it is to house. Catching of wild pokemon is also strictly regulated, requiring a separate permit for permission to participate in a supervised hunt.

The resulting drastic decrease in reported crime is impressive. Overall, the region appears to be the safest in its history. Limiting wild pokemon capture has caused an undeniable increase in native flora and fauna and an impressively stable ecosystem.

PROJECTS OF INTEREST

Cinnabar Island: The Southernmost Kantonian island was a subject of great discussion in an effort to highlight humanitarian efforts. The island was previously destroyed by an explosion during the war. The current government has invested a considerable amount of resources to the rebuilding of this area of the region. Plans include the building of a resort-style town. Due to the nature of it being an island, it is speculated to be the first, and perhaps only, area scheduled to open its borders to those outside of the region as a tourist destination. The topography allows for consistent control of movements to and from the island. They have placed great emphasis on the natural beauty of the island and the opportunity to demonstrate natural Kanto wildlife.

Game Corners: To complement the initial decline in economic growth as the region adjusts to its new standards, Game Corners were expanded throughout the region. Every major city now hosts a Game Corner which acts as not only an extension of the regional government, but a place to give the people an opportunity to multiply their earnings. Those in need of government aid are expected to apply at these facilities as well as receive distributions there. Applications for various permits (including pokeball acquiring and pokemon capture) can be found here along with the opportunity to ‘win’ these applications free of the steep fees that accompany them.

Safari Zone: Due to the regulations regarding pokemon capture, the Safari Zone was eliminated. Instead, a standard park was raised in its stead available to the natives for recreational camping, hiking, and exploration. The pokemon that once roamed freely in the Safari Zone were captured and relocated according to the provided information. When pressed further, they failed to answer my questions regarding details.

CLOSING REMARKS

The following remarks demonstrate the opinion of the author and in no way reflect the opinions of the Hoenn League or its constituents.

Having grown up in Kanto I am given a unique perspective on how the region has changed since Rocket’s invasion and forced occupancy. Speaking to the native people living under such circumstances lifted the veil of the feigned prosperity and peace that Team Rocket claims to have obtained over the last few years.

I fail to see how their oligarchic government form differs from that of tyranny. A ruling class oversees the ‘best interest’ of the people without the trust that they could decide what is best for themselves. What is best for the few does not reflect what is best for the many.

The balance of power shifted considerably with the implementation of strictly enforced security protocols. Pokemon limitations were not set to protect the people from themselves, but to protect the ruling parties from the people and any threat they may pose to the new status quo.

Oppression comes in many forms, but limiting trade and forcing the inflation of basic goods for reliability on the government further solidifies the division between the ruling class and those dependent on them is oppression at its strongest. A bottleneck now exists, where very few are given the opportunity for growth. This luxury is reserved for only those within a position of power, impossible for any native Kantonian to obtain.

Their feigned peace is held together by thin strands of fear and oppression, a tactic that is feeble and weak. Any attempt at reform to improve the lives of those living under this cruelty comes with swift and harsh discipline. I strongly encourage those in power to consider the implications this has for the people of Kanto and those in other regions in which Rocket tries to lay claim. I equally encourage Team Rocket to reconsider their occupation of Kanto for the greater good. Your tyranny will not be tolerated much longer.

Directly emailed to:

& &

& & &
&

Available to the general public via hoennleague.gov

Any question or concerns can be directed to the author, Dr. Eva Morales, at morales.lab@hoennleague.gov

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 5:11:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

PART IV: UNREST

Rise of the Rebellion

Eva’s recently publicized report of the Kantonian governmental systems attracted quite the slew of attention - but not the right kind of attention. She bitterly read the version that Kanto Rocket released. It maintained her voice, but was clearly different from the publication she sent to Hoenn, “Ugh, those bastards,” she growled beneath her breath while sipping the strong coffee her father slid towards her across the table. He didn’t seem surprised. He settled back in the kitchen chair and shrugged his broad shoulders.

“That’s the way it is, Eva,” she explained softly, “They manipulate and dictate the truth to serve them, not us,” that much was clear. Their version made it sound like she was singing their praises and in full support of their strategies, emphasizing her approval of the role security played in making the region safer and more prosperous.

Adam watched her frantically pour over the tablet settled before her, hunched and tense in what he imagined was frustration and disbelief. It appeared that the report she sent to Hoenn had been somehow fire-walled and inaccessible through the internet in Kanto.

Those rat bastards had their filthy fingers in the media too.

“Turn that off,” she snapped at Ollie as the news anchor on the TV began singing her praises for the shining report, “Damn,” she plopped back in her chair, shaking her head.

“Hoenn knows,” Adam assures her, reaching forward to tap the tablet she gave up on, “And Kanto will know too - we just have to tell them,” her gaze hesitantly moved up to meet his before he continued, “Saffron City. The Game Corner there runs everything media related. With Rayquaza’s help . . . We can loosen their grip on the news. Likely for a short period of time but . . . long enough to get a point across.”

Hesitation creased the sharp edge of her furrowed brows. Involving Rayquaza would make things too obvious, putting herself, the legendary and not to mention her family at risk, “I don’t know, Dad,” what a strange turn of events - her father encouraging her to take the risk.

“If anyone could pull it off, you could. And we’re here to help,” We as in the remaining rebels, “They could probably whip up a good HURRICANE right? Some THUNDER? It’d just look like a bad storm. Out of place, sure, but nothing conclusive to tie it back to them,” it did sound tempting . . .

“We should be seen leaving first. They’d have no trouble getting back to Hoenn quick enough to make it look like we arrived already,” Benefits of DRAGON ASCENT and EXTREME SPEED. People would likely find it suspicious, but no conclusive evidence would be available if everything went according to plan, “But what about you, Dad? What if they -” she didn’t need to finish the sentence. It’s why she left Kanto in the first place - to protect them all. If things pointed back to Eva Morales, it would be the other Morales that reaped the consequences.

“It was never your job to protect me, Eva. But it is our responsibility to help set things right. I’ll be fine.”

It was with a heavy heart Eva and Ollie bid farewell to their father. Eva had overstayed her welcome in Kanto which they made very clear by having officers show up at her father’s doorstep. They were seen leaving, rising into the afternoon sky and disappearing into the distance over the Kantonian sea towards Hoenn.

It came on so suddenly. A still, quiet night. The sky was shielded by a thick cloud cover. It was difficult to tell if they grew darker over time but the steady wind building over Saffron left the city shuddering and creaking beneath their might. Hurricane force gales tore through the foundations, flashes of dry lightning cracked across the sky. A thick bolt arced down towards the city’s Game Corner. Then another. And another, until sparks eventually danced across the top of the building and rained down the sides.

With their tower paralyzed, a small window of opportunity opened while Rocket was forced to regroup and reorganize. Within that window the firewalls were crippled. A fine tuned Rotom would broadcast a single message across the region as an alert:

TYRANNY IS NOT PEACE

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights