4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 2:18:04 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
five dollars for a bag of kettle corn? this must be the lilycove pricing as it would've only been three dollars max in rustboro. but his internal complaints are quickly suppressed by the smell of caramel.

"holy..."

he gives a very positive reaction.

it's not often that cian flushes but as she raises one of the kernels up to his mouth, a slight pink washes over his cheeks though he's not sure why.

doing his best to hide it with his smile, he accepts the kernel, chews, then reaches to offer her one as well.

"i was gonna say these were expensive but damn are they worth it."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 3:04:47 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Opening her mouth, she accepted his kernel as well, and like him, a soft blush touched the ends of her cheeks. And, also like Cian, she immediately attempted to mask it by turning away, eyes focusing on the nearby stall of ceramic plates instead.
[break][break]
"Welcome to Lilycove. Everything is expensive as hell, but worth the price. Most of the time."
[break][break]
There were certainly pros and cons to living in this overly inflated city. Usually, though, Penelope appreciated its charm, like tonight.
[break][break]
Looking back at Cian, she tilted her head lightly.
[break][break]
"Anything you're interested in seeing? Things are pretty scattered, but there's a bit of method to the madness."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 3:12:49 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
in truth, cian would be fine with going to any stall as long as she's there with him. that's what tonight is for, after all: spending time with her.

"hmm..."

he looks around at the many stalls in thought before deciding on one. it only seems natural seeing how he's technically a tourist.

"i wanna get some souvenirs for my brothers. there's gotta be those corny i heart lilycove shirts around here somewhere."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 3:46:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

That was all she needed to hear.
[break][break]
"I got you."
[break][break]
Tightening her grip on Cian's hand, Penelope yet again tugged him through the various stalls of the festival. Occasionally, there'd be another couple who'd almost slam into their sides, but thanks to her expert maneuvering skills, they were able to reach the target stall near the middle of the street.
[break][break]
There, sandwiched between two hotdog stands, the most touristy stall imaginable was placed. I heart lilycove skirts were pinned up, there were several "Lilycove = home" mugs scattered about, and even a few pieces of merch snuggled between a keychain rack.
[break][break]
Stifling a laugh, Penelope's eyes slide back to him. "This works?"
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 3:56:03 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
cian would've gladly shouldered through all the couples that walked their way. this is their scene, thank you. thankfully, they arrive at the stall safe and sound thanks to her.

he laughs as he looks at the various items, shaking his head in disbelief.

"i think we're set for life."

cian plucks a merch t-shirt off the hanger and holds it against his chest to see how well it'd fit.

"i always forget melly's famous."

but he soon places it back and reaches for a i heart lilycove shirt.

"you think i'd look good in this?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 4:07:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Putting her hand to her chin, Penelope squinted back at him, tilted her head, and gave the question a loud "hmmm"
[break][break]
"Well, the red does really bring out your eyes...." After another second of keeping a straight face, she'd laugh, grabbing herself one of the shirts as well. Holding against her chest, she gave a pose. Then a twirl. "How about me?"
[break][break]
From afar, the older woman behind the counter chuckled, watching everything from behind her counter space. "You know," she spoke up, "It'd look better together."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 4:25:04 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
her straight face is mirrored onto his as he watches her twirl. he's clearly enamored even if he pretends not to be.

"mmm, it compliments you really well."

but then the older woman behind the counter calls out to them. her words hit him hard, catching him off guard.

together.

despite the flush of his cheeks, he doesn't shy away from it this time. it's safe just this once, maybe.

so he reaches for a matching shirt for himself and holds it against his chest.

"better?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 4:24:55 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

When Cian lifted the shirt to his chest, Penelope had to swallow down a snicker. It looked so goofy, so touristy, so cute.
[break][break]
"Wait." Taking her own shirt by the shoulders, she stepped closer to his side and pulled it across her chest, so that both of them were 'wearing' their shirts for the mirror in front of them.
[break][break]
"God, we look like dorks," She chuckled, giving him a playful nudge with her elbow. "...should we get them?"
[break][break]
Eyebrow quirked, eyes bright, lips pulled up into a grin, the woman looked back up at him, excited for his response.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 9:13:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"the biggest dorks."

the correction comes with a light chuckle as he bumps his shoulder into hers. quickly, he reaches into his pocket to pull out his phone before pointing the camera at the mirror.

"i think we should."

smiling brightly, he snaps a few pictures of them together before showing them to her.

"but at least we look cute."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 2:11:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her smile only widened during their mini photo shoot.
[break][break]
When he pulled his phone back down for both of them to look, she does, all while her hands naturally found themselves slipping around his upper arm, drawing her close to the slideshow of pictures.
[break][break]
"Send me those," She murmured.
[break][break]
When she looked back up at him, there was a moment where her gaze got caught by his face, and eyes, and expression. When she finally broke out of it, she'd snatch the shirt from his hands, carrying it to the register with her own.
[break][break]
"Just these, please."
[break][break]
The exchange of money happened quickly, and without delay, the touristy shirts were theirs for the taking. Perfect.
[break][break]
"Here." She handed Cian's his, then slipped on the leftover shirt over her head. With a couple of tugs, they were both officially obnoxious tourists. A cruel fate, Penelope would normally think, but with Cian, it didn't seem so dreary.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 4:44:24 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
the gaze they share feels intimate, warm, and he can't help but get lost in it for a few moments before she finally looks away.

while she pays for their adorable shirts, cian taps away at his phone, making sure to send her the pictures before he forgets. he also sends a heart emoji for good measure before pocketing his phone away.

"thank you."

he reaches for the shirt, shrugging it on as it fit loosely around his shirt. the collars of his shirt poke through, almost enough to brush against his jaw.

"you look wonderful in that. are you going to try and haggle me for a discount?"

as tourists do.

grinning, he reaches for her hand once more.

"see? what'd i say? you two look cute together."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 4:56:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Nah, but I might leave you a detailed yelp review," She fired back, her hand easily returning to his, like magnets being pulled together.
[break][break]
"see? what'd i say? you two look cute together."
[break][break]
The woman's voice carried over the buzzing sound of old pop radio, causing Penelope to turn back to face her. Without hesitation, her mouth opened in reply.
[break][break]
"We do, don't we."
[break][break]
Then, while returning her gaze back to Cian, she took a split second to steal one last glimpse at their reflection. A light flush of color touched the tips of her cheeks as she led him out of the tent and towards the grand event of the night: the live concert.
[break][break]
But, before that, there was something she needed to do.
[break][break]
"Hey," She piped up as they neared the center stage. The band was setting up, and people were already flocking to the wooden benches that occupied its audience space. When they grew close enough, she'd gesture towards one of the ones near the back right, away from the crowds. "mind if I ask you something?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 9:29:58 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"we do."

after stealing one last glance at them through the mirror, he's pulled away from the tent and led towards the grand event of the night that cian isn't aware of. he really just is a tourist at the mercy of the whim of his tour guide.

even though he doesn't recognize the band, it looks like it'll be a great concert. he knows he'll enjoy himself regardless.

at her question, he tilts his head slightly, nodding.

"i'm an open book, penny. ask away."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 22:08:34 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Perched beside him, Penelope naturally felt herself inch a bit away from Cian, as her mind began to prepare itself.
[break][break]
These feelings...they were complicated. Messy. They made remaining neutral hard, and keeping her distance even harder.
[break][break]
Eyes glancing back towards him, a soft blush licked the edges of her cheeks, as the image of them, sitting together, with these damned shirts on came to mind. It only confirmed the thoughts last night brought up.
[break][break]
Her expression melded into one that's a bit more solemn. 5 years ago, a conversation like this would be impossible. But, now, Penelope had to be honest with herself, and with him. To save both of them the time and trouble of this all.
[break][break]
"What are you looking for? From this, I mean."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 9:43:01 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
fuck.

cian would've been more than fine to leave things unsaid at least for a few more weeks but that would just be prolonging the inevitable. even if he doesn't voice it, he's glad she brought it up because now it forces him to think.

to share.

"well, you really dove right in there."

he chuckles, finger tapping against the underside of the wooden seat as he thinks.

"...something serious, i guess. maybe. i don't know."

the way he looks at her is as though he's asking her to save him. to give him the words to say even if it's unfair of him to.
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing