part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 4:07:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
his gaze does not falter either.

"i would."

even if he carries secrets with him that endangers them both, he chooses to be selfish. fuck it, right? it's what he deserves after all the shit he's been through: happiness, even if it may be short-lived.

"i guess that's that, then."

simple, easy, and right.

"we're official."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 15:16:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Without hesitation, her lips curled up into a smile, and a shot of air blew out from her nose.
[break][break]
"mhm."
[Break][break]
It was such a lame response, but with her head being thrown into a haze and her heart spiraling out of control, not many other words fit her thoughts. And, beyond just that, a part of her just wanted to confirm this moment, one last time, and erase whatever shrivels of doubt still lingered in her head.
[Break][break]
Slow and cautious, she leaned forward, eyes fluttering close.
[Break][break]
Kiss me,she thought, desperately.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 16:07:29 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
as lame of a response as she might think it be, cian finds it to be just the opposite. his heart leaps, bounds, and the pink in his cheeks contrast the dark blue of the night sky.

whatever consequences that may come will be dealt with later. for now, lost in the moment and in their bubble, he leans forward, closing his eyes as he finds her lips in a kiss that almost feels longing.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 0:27:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

This kiss wasn't like the ones they shared before.
[break][break]
The intimacy alone felt like soft rain on a summer evening.
[break][break]
Like time stopped when her lips met his, and the fluttering she felt in her stomach only continued to intensify, up until hitting its climax, where it stayed until their lips would eventually part.
[break][break]
Like the pounding of her heart blocked out all else, forcing her to keep her attention on Cian, and him alone, or otherwise succumb to the raw emotion that flared up her chest.
[break][break]
At least, that's how it felt for her.
[break][break]
When they finally broke apart from one another, she couldn't help but smile, and soft laughter fell from her lips.
[break][break]
Giddy, she fell back into the pile of pillows behind her. The stars glimmered up above, and for the first time in a long ass time, she felt good. Happy, even.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 3:14:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
are we cursed, brother?

his question to floats into his headspace only to be met with a smirk.

no, they aren't cursed. he had just been trying to find an easy excuse to why things have not worked out for him. why he's lonely, miserable, and unlovable. he'd been a fool then.

"i think this is my new favorite spot in hoenn."

he chuckles, gaze lost in the stars.

"by your side, i mean."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 3:28:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His words felt like fire on her skin.
[break][break]
And, for a second, she had to question whether this was still real. If he was still real.
[break][break]
She lightly tugged on his shirt, hoping he'd fall down beside her, so she could crawl up into the crook of his neck.
[break][break]
"Well," she chuckled, "you officially have 24/7 access to it. Just make sure not to go too crazy with your privileges."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 8:29:57 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"lucky me."

tugged by his shirt, he lowers back down by her side, nuzzling closer as the soft blankets cushion their weight.

chuckling, he kisses her cheek sweetly.

"the same goes for you, by the way. you can always reach me, penny. day or night."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 10:27:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I'm going to hold you to that," she smiled.
[Break][Break]
Looking up, her eyes trace the stars dotting the sky. There weren't too many, thanks to Lilycove's bright lights and city structure, but there were enough for Penelope.
[Break][break]
"Are you a big star gazing kinda guy?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 14:56:58 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"kinda. i love doing it when i get the time to."

his gaze sweeps across dark blue painted by dots of yellow and gold.

"the stars here are similar to rustboro, though. they're quite hard to see, aren't they?"

sighing softly, he tilts his head over at her, preferring the view to the stars.

"there's this cabin just outside petalburg we used to go to when we were younger. i'll take you sometime. the skies are so clear there it's beautiful."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 0:12:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"the stars here are similar to rustboro, though. they're quite hard to see, aren't they?"
[break][break]
She sighed.
[break][break]
"It's awful, isn't it?"
[break][break]
To be so close, yet so far from the natural beauty hoenn had to offer. It was enough to make her pray for a city-wide blackout on more than one occasion.
[break][break]
At the mention of the cabin, Penelope looked up at him again, eyes quick to light up with excitement. "I'd love to see it."
[break][break]
Smiling, she rolled back into place, her head snuggling closer onto his chest.
[break][break]
"My dad and I actually used to go star gazing a lot, back when I was little. It felt like those were the only time we weren't at each other's necks. At some point, it made me even consider becoming an astronomer, which would've been a disaster since I'm shit at math."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 4:38:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
cian laughs.

"same. i also think there's a height requirement..."

which she likely does not meet. not that it matters because it's meant in jest, but teasing her is still fun.

appreciating her weight on him, he smiles.

"that sounds nice. when was the last time you went stargazing?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 5:15:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Heyyy," she laughed, giving him a playful slap on the chest.
[Break][Break]
When was the last time they went out?
[Break][Break]
She knew itd been years, but how old was she again? 10? 11, maybe?
[Break][Break]
"I don't remember."
[Break][Break]
Was the answer she went with. It came out softly, like a painful memory bubbling back to the surface without permission. "Before I first ran away, I think. So 10?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 4:44:04 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
perhaps he has poked at something painful, something she would've much rather have kept private, and though it's not too late to stop, he presses on, curiosity (and perhaps an instinctive need to protect her) getting the better of him.

"i never knew you did."

his voice is soft as well.

"how..." he pauses, "how many times did you run away?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 12:38:40 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Five times?"
[break][break]
Another unsure answer. Though, unlike the first, this one came with relative ease, but that came with no surprise. It's always harder to remember the good moments, than the bad.
[break][break]
Sighing, her eyelids slid close. For a moment, she just wanted focus on Cian's warmth and the security that came with it.
[break][break]
"My parents and I, we never really saw eye to eye."
[break][break]
Her brows furrowed.
[break][break]
"They wanted me to become a doctor-- follow the family tradition, and all that. Obviously, it didn't pan out that way, but getting to where I am now was a struggle."
[break][break]
Turning, she flipped back over towards Cian, her cheek resting on the top of his chest. Looking up, her eyes meet his, "I remember, back when they started ramping up their expectations of me-- that's when I started to do it. I would normally run and hide with our neighbors or friends. Except for the last time. That time I kinda hid out in a random person's shed for, like, 3 days."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 2:49:56 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
five. cian cannot possibly imagine.

despite all the wrong his father has put them through, the maher boys have had a relatively comfortable life. not that there was ever any doubt in his mind about that; how could there be? they have a holiday home. that's some rich people shit.

"three days! it's like you were asking to be murdered."

he chuckles, relieving the tension in the air a little.

"well, i'm proud of where you are now. you've done so much already, penny, and i can't wait to see what you do next."
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing