twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
WILD
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 4:43:04 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

rocket has not been kind to danny. but then again, has it ever been kind to anyone?[break][break]

grueling trainings and missions aside, rocket is not where he wants to be in five years. to think it all happened because of love.[break][break]

upsetting, to say the least.[break][break]

but like usual, danny's bright and positive personality shines through as he steps into the training facility.[break][break]

"hey! jayden, right? i'm danny."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vikavolt"]

[newclass=".danny"]--accent:#ada3ab; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
WILD
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 5:33:25 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he gets the name from , who as of late has been instructing him to either train or recruit more of their members. it's a bit unusual, but jayden doesn't think twice about it — as he doesn't typically think twice about any direction from his superiors.

[break][break] jayden is at the edge of the training square, looking over their stock of weapons and observing which need to still be cleaned and polished, and which are fine for now. he sets one of the bamboo rods on the rack and with very little effort, snaps it in half.

[break][break] it needs to be replaced anyway.

[break][break] "oh," he says, turning. "yes. danny hall, correct?"

[break][break] he offers a handshake to the other. a greeting.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".jayden3"]--accent:#7E4EC3; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayden3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; } .jayden3 blockquote img { filter: grayscale(100%); margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 blockquote b, .jayden3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .jayden3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';} .jayden3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayden3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
WILD
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 9:41:59 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

danny accepts the handshake, returning one firmly.[break][break]

"the one and only."[break][break]

to be fair, there could not have been that many danny halls in rocket. surely not.[break][break]

his eyes trail over to the stock of weapons, eyeing a few blades in particular.[break][break]

"so! what's on the agenda today? weapons training?"

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
WILD
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 5:18:41 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

the handshake is firm in his grip. jayden takes note.

[break][break] "yes," he says, eyes grazing over the weapons and then deciding to pick two polearms. one, he throws at without giving the other so much as a warning. "have you done much weapon training?"

[break][break] jayden has read the other's file. of course, it's always better to hear information straight from the horse's mouth.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".jayden3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; } .jayden3 blockquote img { filter: grayscale(100%); margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 blockquote b, .jayden3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .jayden3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';} .jayden3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayden3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
WILD
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 8:20:56 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

the only form of weapons training danny has ever received is kendo while in hoenn and later fencing while he was in galar. theo had aware of it somehow, so he imagines jayden is the same.[break][break]

"a little. mostly with swords, though."[break][break]

definitely not a polearm. he grips it in both hands, feeling the weapon before taking a step back into a stance.[break][break]

"similar logic applies, i imagine."

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
WILD
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 19:17:43 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"swords. that's good to know."

[break][break] jayden had already been aware of his file. theo had given it to him, after all.

[break][break] "we'll do that after, let's start with this first."

[break][break] sliding his arm along the length of the surface, one hand wraps around the bottom third of the polearm and the other towards the middle. "we'll see. you strike first."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
WILD
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 8:52:55 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

similar logic in the sense of treating the weapon as an extension of himself. the similarities end there, however, as danny quickly finds that wielding a polearm is vastly different than a mere sword.[break][break]

"here we go!"[break][break]

the first strike is flimsy but aimed correctly. it falls towards jayden, looking to strike his head.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
WILD
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 7:29:02 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

the attack is easy enough to dodge, clumsy as it is, as it swings towards him. that being said, jayden decides instead to block the attack by swiftly bringing up his own polearm. he knocks it back with just enough pressure to cause a clash, but not enough to knock it to the side.

[break][break] "once again — and fix your grip."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
WILD
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 15:00:46 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"!"[break][break]

to think that his attack was so easily deflected...this is why he prefers sticking to what he knows but he can't change weapons right now. it'd be too obvious.[break][break]

nodding at the instruction, danny's grip tightens around the weapon as he goes for another strike.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
WILD
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 7:42:23 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"better."

[break][break] this time, when their two weapons clash into each other, it's firm and secure. the feeling rings beneath jayden's fingertips, but it's a feeling he's used to. time and time again, he can remember each time that he'd sparred with his father.

[break][break] "but faster."

[break][break] jayden darts forward again, this time spinning the polearm so that the sharp side would aim to cut into the other's. after all, if danny didn't have something to fight with, it would make that all easier.

[break][break] assuming that danny would knock his attack back with a rebuttal, jayden is quick to make his second-jab with the blunt end of the weapon.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
WILD
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 8:27:46 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

faster? this man really said faster like danny wasn't already trying his hardest. he mentally shakes his head as he reacts to the attack.[break][break]

danny spins his polearm quick enough to deflect the blow, meeting jayden's sharp side only to get smacked by the blunt end.[break][break]

"fucking hell," he mutters under his breath before striking back, polearm spinning to try and cut jayden across his mid section.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
WILD
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 6:23:28 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

while was focused on the task at hand, jayden's focus relied on assessing the grunt. he didn't know much about the other man, except from what he'd read in his file, so this was the perfect time to assess what he was good and what he wasn't. how slow his movements were, and what his blind spots were.

[break][break] the polearm slashes through the air and jayden's legs tense before leaping into the air, a quick backflip to give them some space. his shoes skid against the concrete.

[break][break] "good."

[break][break] jayden spins the weapon in his grip and onto his other hand.

[break][break] "but your stance is too wide." he points the polearm at the boy's left side. "when you stab with your right arm, there is an opening on your left. because the polearm is a large weapon, you must clean up your movements as to not provide opportunity for attack."

[break][break] the hilt of the weapon hits the floor as jayden decides to close the battle.

[break][break] "we can fight with a weapon of your choice now, or we can take a break. what would you like?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
WILD
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 9:58:21 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah, i'm not used to the polearm, if i'm being honest."[break][break]

but he appreciates the advice. he listens intently, nodding and taking it in, and when the opportunity comes for him to change weapons, he instantly accepts.[break][break]

"fuck the break. let's continue."[break][break]

he steps away to switch out the polearm for a shortsword. he twirls it, familiarizing himself with its weight.[break][break]

"alright. hit me."

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
WILD
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 14:30:44 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

his brow arches.

[break][break] "very well."

[break][break] the polearm is swapped out for a shortsword, which is not surprising considering 's file. the sound of steel sliding sounds as the admin pulls the weapon from it's chamber, hands wrapping easily around the sword.

[break][break] at the other's words, jayden wastes no time.

[break][break] in an absence of sound, his feet slam against the pavement and he bursts forward. the sword slices down swiftly upon the air without remorse.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
WILD
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 9:57:14 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

steel. not wood. the stakes are higher as a simple hit could prove fatal if they aren't careful.[break][break]

jayden's attack is parried away easily enough, metal clashing and sliding as danny uses the momentum to carry his weight forward.[break][break]

his blade dips, then comes back up for an upwards strike.

[/quote]