[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"] Day 9 of running away - Hammerlocke City, Galar
[break][break]
The journey from Kalos to Galar was a lot more tiring than expected, having to conserve her energy through the boat ride then make the journey all the way to this town. But as soon as the clock strikes 6, she's up and raring to go, grabbing her backpack, camera and pokeballs before dashing right out the door.
[break][break]
Of course, a text message is left for Doug telling him where she's gone and that he can catch up with her once he awakens. Wouldn't want him losing his mind trying to scour the city for her.
[break][break]
Her first actual day in this city and her first stop is the library right in the centre of the town. Reiner follows suit, always sticking by her left whilst they wander through the streets. Every so often, she pauses to glance around, taking a few pictures for the memories then continues on hurriedly.
[break][break]
When she finally reaches her destination, it's rather empty with the few occasional visitors or scholars quietly flipping through their books. And so, she too remains silent, moving through the various aisles and skimming through the titles available just to check if anything seems relevant to the Darkest Day.
[break][break]
Perhaps, all she'll find are fairytales but if there's anything that lets her gain a glimpse into what they're dealing with - without risking death for once, just like the previous times - she's in.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 2:17:02 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Chasing Visions

, I swear to god...s

Doug had overslept.

He felt no shame in doing so- traveling back and forth between regions while staying on top of his work in Hoenn and his goddamned studies was a task that was honestly beyond him, but which he was nonetheless determined to see through to the end.

The day before, he had battled at Lumiose Stadium in the morning, held a web conference with his staff in the afternoon, and had been planning to study on the plane ride back to Hoenn during the night—

But somehow, he had ended up running into the missing Eris.

Naturally, priorities shifted when you found a friend that was LITERALLY MISSING!

You made calls, cancelled plans, argued with airlines over the phones to try and get your money for your ticket refunded... Fail to get your money back...

You know, regular stuff.

Given Eris' status as a creature with a lower encounter rate than a roaming legendary, Doug had understandably nearly lost his shit when he finally woke up the morning later and found that Eris had disappeared when he went to check up on her.

Being the poor excuse for a zoomer that he was, checking his phone really wasn't one of Doug's great priorities in life, but mercifully, he managed to look into it before turning all of Hammerlocke on its head.

With one worry now brushed aside, the youth readied himself for the day, now knowing were Eris would be... and immediately got sidetracked with visiting Hammerlocke Stadium...

The door to the library opened, and in walked one Doug Sullivan, with a colorful paper bag branded with Hammerlocke Gym's logo in one arm and an ice-cream cups holder on the other.

The youth sauntered around casually inside, somehow avoiding the librarian's gaze as he lazily looked around, slurping on a chocolate ice cream bar lazily.

Eventually, he found the tell-tale signs of one massive ass Luxray inside a building, the soudn of his steps soon reaching Eris as he approached.

"Ice Cream?" He offered, holding up the cup holder, before looking over the long array of books. "... So what're we lookin' for anyway?"

Unlike some in the kids' club, Doug wasn't quite up to date with the whole Darkest Day Shenanigans.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,784 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 2:33:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She doesn't know how long it takes for him to arrive, but she finds herself browsing through several books in the mean time. And when he does arrive with an offering of ice cream, she's happy to take it but careful to keep it away from dirtying any of the yellowing pages.
[break][break]
"There was... a prophecy that I received, about the Darkest Day." Her voice is quiet to match the atmosphere, her eyes tracing several lines at a time. "There's not much we know about it other than it happened a long time ago in Galar, it was devastating and now Hoenn's next on the chopping block."
[break][break]
Reiner growls a little at how vague the explanation is but she deems it more than enough just to fill him in without triggering the entire library.
[break][break]
"If there's anything we can find out about it... Even myth and legends give some basis to go off of."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 2:44:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Chasing Visions

, I swear to god...s

"Oh, cool." Doug said in response, face blank. Then immediately: "What's the darkest day?"

The youth continued to nod along to Eris' somewhat vague explanation, very seriously munching onto his ice cream the entire time. He misses the meaning of Reiner's growling entirely as he cups his chin, thinking about what Eris has just disclosed to him.

"So... more Hoenn stuff, then. Got it." Doug said, giving Eris a thumbs up.

Hoenn had gone through so many apocalyptic events since Doug had moved in 6 years ago, he could not even muster the energy to be shocked and awed anymore.

"As luck would have it..." Doug said as he placed the ice cream cup holders on the table across from Eris, in case she wanted more... cause there were a lot of them. "I've been doin' a lot o' readin' recently m'self!"

Doug grinned and sat down besides Eris, grasping one of the many books on the table.

"Think I almost got the hang of the whole 'readin' for fun' shebang, even!" He lied through his teeth with a snicker, turning his gaze to the several lines of dull looking sentences,

These weren't quite the political theory he had been reading on for the past 6 months, but if Eris needed help, he wasn't about to be picky.

Time to read.
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 6:25:59 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

CHASING VISIONS

ERIS X DOUG

A LIBRARY CHOCK FULL OF HISTORY and culture yields astonishingly few results. the search for THE DARKEST DAY seems to come up with close to nothing. such an event has never happened in galar’s history. or, at least, not under that specific name.

as earnest scholars dig for an answer that doesn’t exist, a cheery librarian stops by to offer their services. after a good amount of time, they return with several possible leads. unfortunately, they’re all in different sections of the library.

the dewey decimal system puts them in two distinctive categories:

500 SCIENCE

900 HISTORY

coincidentally, two results is perfect for two people. should they find their respective books, meeting up will let them cross reference their results.

mod prompt:

there are two books regarding THE DARKEST DAY. one is in the SCIENCE area. the other is under HISTORY. choose one or the other between your characters and meet back up in-character for a mod post that will reveal the book and its contents!

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,784 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 7:13:54 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Nothing. No matter which section she looks through, there seems to be nothing on this historical event. Had she been witnessing the past of an alternate Galar? Or was she being misled by the Lake Spirits?
[break][break]
Thankfully, a librarian offers assistance before her anxiety can afford to boil over, her fingers tapping at the hardcover of her selected book as she listens close. Science and history... she can make sense of history being one of the sections but science? It piques her interest more than anything.
[break][break]
"I'll go with Reiner and check out the science section!" She smiles as she places the book down. Her fingers grasp at the straps of the backpack, her eyes tracing the paths they should take before she finally looks back to Doug. "The history section was over that way, about 3 shelves down to the left. See if there's anything about like... Galar tragedies? Or abnormal events? Or anything that looks interesting or vaguely talks about the sky going dark?"
[break][break]
With that, she signals for Reiner to follow, ready to begin her own search through the dusty archives.
[break][break]
"We can meet back up here if we find anything!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 11:59:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Chasing Visions

I swear to god...s

"Awrite, thanks. Have fun!" Doug replied, giving the little girl a thumbs up and a grin before closing his own book.

Standing up, the young man popped his neck and stretched his body with a grunt, before beginning to make his way to the history section as Eris had instructed, storing his book in its place in the shelve as he did.

He smiled at the librarian as he walked past them, mouthing his thanks.

And released a relieved sigh as soon as he was out of sight, swiping his cold sweat off his forehead.

"Good thing we ate 'em quick..." Doug mumbled to himself, dragging his thumb across his lip and licking at it with a grin as he entered the history section.

Doug tapped at his chin in thought, humming. He had gotten a tad bit more acquainted with the Dewey Decimal system in the past 6 months, as he had been a much more avid reader than ever before.

900 was World History [Geography & History].

Aaand... Unsurprisingly, given the breathtaking scope of the subject matter... there were a lot of books, even with the numerous subdivisions.
"... Welp." Doug said, casually reaching to his side for the first book within reach. "It ain't gonna read itself!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,784 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 12:28:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]500 - Natural sciences and mathematics. Or at least, that's what she remembers about the Dewey Decimal system. Either way, she goes by the usual conventions of just about any kid in a library. Look through the section and pick out whatever seems the most interesting.
[break][break]
There are a few books she picks out, briefly skimming through the contents and handing them off to Reiner to hold onto. And oh, how quickly the pile grows. Pokemon evolutions, weather patterns... native vegetation and natural fauna, odd phenomenon, other texts that she can't make sense of without taking time to really look into it - As soon as she has a bunch, she begins to take a second look and promptly returns the books that claim no relation to the Darkest Day.
[break][break]
"This... maybe these ones." Pursing her lips, she grabs the ones she's more certain of and begins to make her way towards the history section. "Let's go see Doug and get a quick check-in... maybe what he has will give these texts a bit more meaning!"
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 12:42:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Chasing Visions

I swear to god...s

Eris arrives at the history section to find Doug sitting at the table with a single book in front of him.

And about several dozen floating around in the air, orbiting around his several Orbeetles, the eyes of the super-intelligent pokemon fleeting rapidly between each open book.

After a moment, Doug seems to realize her presence, glancing up from his book and smiling at Eris.

"Oh, Eris. 'Eeey! Found somethin' already?" He asked as he turned towards her, grinning. "Yer pretty quick! Come on, show me!"
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 5:05:37 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

CHASING VISIONS

ERIS X DOUG

ONLY TWO BOOKS refer to the phrase: THE DARKEST DAY. both of them have the phrase within their title, etched onto a hard cover spine, eye-catching despite the crowdedness of the library’s well stocked shelves. once the two reunite, they can share the spoils of their hunt. a closer look at the contents of their borrowed treasure reveal two distinct books.

FOR ERIS:

500 — NATURAL SCIENCES AND MATHEMATICS

have you ever noticed that during the summer the sun stays up in the sky for much longer than in the winter?

we have long days and short nights in the summer. and we have short days and long nights during the winter.

the book goes on to explain that the earth is on an axis and revolves around the sun. because of the axis, one side is always pointed toward the sun and one is not.

when one of the earth’s poles is pointing away from the sun the length of the day is shorter. the day that gets the least amount of light is known as the winter solstice, also referred to as THE DARKEST DAY of the year.

FOR DOUG:

900 — HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY

it was said that princess taylor swift left her suitors so starstruck that they named an attack — a flurry of stars — after her.

the book is a biography about her life with a heavy emphasis on her romantic relationships. due to the culture of that time period, men from all across galar sought her approval as a potential husband.

it goes on to describe her marriage and the eventual discovery of her husband’s affair. historians often refer to this period as THE DARKEST DAYS of her life.

the woeful poems she wrote during this era have a cultural impact even to this day.

"did you find what you were looking for?"

the same librarian from before checks in on them after clearing their own queue of errands. based on their expressions and earlier inquiry, the librarian is just as curious. they offer their help one more time, able to personally recommend a book if given an apt description of what they’re looking for.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,784 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 9:45:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]With Doug present, she's happy to share the contents of her book. However, what she reads doesn't quite seem to be the full answer that she's looking for. An eclipse would make sense when related to the darkening of the skies, and yet it doesn't quite fit the storm that she's been told about...
[break][break]
Unless the start of an eclipse had led into the Darkest Day itself. She wouldn't put it past timey-wimey space invader shenanigans, after all. Nevertheless, she knows that they should've been more specific, especially when she gets a sneak peek at what Doug seems to have found.
[break][break]
"Not really... I think what we're looking for might go by a different name..." Her lips purse as she squints at the contents of her book. In the mean time, Reiner seems content with moving closer to Doug to read the excerpt he's pulled up. "We were looking for books on big incidents that have devastated Galar. Something like a dark storm blowing through the region? Or a meteor shower? Some mythology or history related to the royal family? Would you happen to have any books or newspapers on that?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 14:27:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Chasing Visions

I swear to god...s

Doug, along with all six of his Orbeetles floating around him, read through the very last book in the section, and promptly slammed it close, all of them narrowing their eyes.

"Well, t'was a good ol' waste o' time." Doug said flatly as he stood up and shoved the book right into the shelves, before dropping back onto his seat and splaying out with a groan. "Princess Swift, my ass! We're gonna be in'ere forever!"

It was at that moment that the Librarian popped back up, having apparently finished whatever task they were up to. Doug rolled a long suffering gaze towards them, brows twitching.

Yes, he had come to learn of the greatness of reading recently, but that was still subjects that interested him. And he had no idea of what to look for.

Luckily, Eris seemed to. After listening to her words Doug hummed in thought, cupping his chin as he considered the categories she had mentioned, and what she had told him before.

A devastating event in the far past, retold as a prophecy in the now. Yet, despite supposedly being so terrible, they couldn't find anything about it in scientific or historical texts...

Which probably meant they would not find anything by looking through any 'recorded history', disqualifying any weather patterns or famous meteor events, or the royal family...

"... Is there any book ya could recommend that compiles All the myths and legends of Galar?" He asked after a moment, standing and pushing his hands against his back, stretching his spine with a groan.

Several pops went off. Nice.

"If not, there any group o'books that have 'em all when put together?" He asked, smiling brightly. All of his Orbeetles arranged themselves in a straight line behind him, eyeing the librarian with open, if stoic, curiosity.
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 0:02:05 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

CHASING VISIONS

ERIS X DOUG

THE CHILDREN SHOOT FOR THE OBVIOUS unaware that they are not the first to search. like those before them, the answer they receive is not satisfactory. the librarian, a native, denotes that there have been no disasters in recent times. their request does not exist… in galar.

oblivious to their origins, the librarian comments about HOENN and what they have seen on the local news about the ULTRA BEAST WAR and now the SPACE-TIME DISTORTIONS. they have no personal experience in these matters but point out that if anything qualifies as a disaster, that their search should start there.

however, they are unwilling to leave these children empty-handed. under the generous inclusivity of doug’s request, the librarian leads them to the RELIGION section. shelves full of books fill the quota of a ‘group’ but that would take them a lifetime to sift through.

a cursory glance across their varied spines reveal that many of these stories conflict. one about an epic bug catcher seems almost nonsensical when held against the sharp expectations of these life long learners. so, with that in mind, the librarian reaches for a tome bound by leather and tapered with age.

well, this might not be what you’re looking for buuuut this is the oldest book we have!

the pages are tattered. the ink is faded. and, due to its deterioration, it is unavailable to be checked out.

UNNAMED

a poem of unknown origin

once it shone upon us all, with all the warmth of welcome sun.

but now we weep, to grief we fall, starved of light now it has gone.

and some they go, despair withal, in search of it they reel and run.

they quit their hearths, abandon hall, and leave our lands to be undone.

and when they’re gone beyond recall, this land will be a home to none.

this land will only ever be a home to pokemon.

UNNAMED

a poem of unknown origin

in this cave we have lived.
we owe all to the pokemon.
but, we sealed the pokemon away.
we feared it.
should they return we will have no choice.
those with courage. those without hope.
open a door. the eternal pokemon waits.

MEANING

a poem of unknown origin

EVERYTHING HAS MEANING
EXISTENCE HAS MEANING
BEING ALIVE HAS MEANING
CHANGE HAS MEANING

THE BLACK KNIGHT

a poem of unknown origin

judgement is delivered from the creator’s hand
t̴̪͊h̴̤̐͐í̸͎̚s̸͐̓͜ ̴̧̗͑̌l̵̎͜ͅi̵̻̗̾͝n̸͉͐e̶̞̐͂ ̵̞̏i̵̢͗s̶̝̉ ̵̧̥̚u̸̹͔͋͌n̷̩͂̄ř̷̇͜e̸̢̎̂ả̷̧ḑ̴̱́a̴̛̙b̸̳͉̕ĺ̶̺͋ȩ̴̲̊̊
t̴̪͊h̴̤̐͐í̸͎̚s̸͐̓͜ ̴̧̗͑̌l̵̎͜ͅi̵̻̗̾͝n̸͉͐e̶̞̐͂ ̵̞̏i̵̢͗s̶̝̉ ̵̧̥̚u̸̹͔͋͌n̷̩͂̄ř̷̇͜e̸̢̎̂ả̷̧ḑ̴̱́a̴̛̙b̸̳͉̕ĺ̶̺͋ȩ̴̲̊̊
so came the unknown hero
the black knight
who in his great humbleness
returned from whence he came

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 0:46:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Chasing Visions

I swear to god...s

"Wow, this is awful!" Doug said with a laugh as he held the barely stitched together book. The preservation hadn't been stellar at all!

Entire lines and verses from these legends had completely eroded, leaving precious little behind except for incomprehensible tales that meant precious little if anything to him.

With any luck, Garo and Eris had gotten something out of this, cause to him, this was all just extremely lackluster mythological fiction.

"... Welp!" Doug said after a moment, turning around to look at Eris. "Shall we go get a few photocopies of these?"

They couldn't exactly take the book with them back to Hoenn, so might as well stock up.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,784 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chasing Visions || C
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 6:05:42 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Doug's quick to make some good corrections to her suggestions and he's right on the money with this search. As Eris pours right through the books presented, she's noting each and every passage given, annotating words and writing little notes in the corner.
[break][break]
Another dimension? A place where pokemon and humans didn't coexist? Just like the story of the Princess and the World Turtle she'd once heard... Something being sealed within a cave? Is there any chance that it may just be the Regigigas they're looking for? But what cave are they talking about?
[break][break]
What is with meaning? Or the Black Knight? The missing lines? She's rather confused but whoever this poem is dedicated might just be on their side?
[break][break]
Her thoughts intermingle with hums, her one good eye focusing on Doug as she spins her pencil.
[break][break]
"If we can! Just lemme..."
[break][break]
A quick snap comes from her Rotom device, saving the images to a cloud and storing backups for her to refer to in the future.
[break][break]
"All that's left is figuring out what exactly is the original gigantic pokemon... but I think we won't find that here."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights