forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ill timed
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 5:32:45 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
being a councilman didn't excuse gabriel of his other duties, most notably that of a CEO. things still needed to be packed, shipped and received; they still needed oversight.
[break][break]
this side of town had a reputation, a seedy one, so he's careful not to show weakness as he makes his way back to his car. normally he'd have one or two others with him, an assistant and guard of some kind, especially since he was duly elected. he'd waved them off today. solitude was a kindness he was ill afforded, so he would take it where he got it.
[break][break]
maybe that's why, with all these things falling into place, the world turns on its own head. lightning crashes and thunder echoes, but it's weirdly muffled as a dome energy forms around him. reality warps at its edges, distorting his vision, until finally nothing remains past the newly erected barrier.
[break][break]
gabriel lets out a heavy breathe. his face is a mask of stone, teeth grinding behind thinned lips.
[break][break]
perhaps this was an opportunity to let some much needed aggression out.
[break][break]
yet, something stops him, if not for just a moment.
[break][break]
he wasn't alone in here.

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
ill timed
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 2:50:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

it’d been a while since she’d been to the outskirts of slateport. last time, she’d drunkenly punched in the face. unfortunately, she had not calmed down much since then.[break][break]

tonight, however, lulu was sober, her mind clear and focused as she followed the increasingly sporadic readings on a new invention which could detect levels of infinity energy in the environment. when the space-time distortion finally opened up, she was prepared. she was grinning. [break][break]

they could be predicted.[break][break]

she turned around in the new place and time she’d ended up in, only to notice something nearby. its hulking silhouette startled her, making her reflexively reach for a pokeball, until she saw its face.[break][break]

oh. it was just .[break][break]

”councilman. hello.” [break][break]

her tone would make it clear she hadn’t expected him to be there; however, she seemed otherwise perfectly at ease, as though the distortion itself was not nearly as surprising as his presence. she reached up to push back a dark hood, and smile at him, her device lowered inconspicuously at her side. [break][break]

”have you been in one of these before?”

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ill timed
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 22:46:07 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"lulu flint." his voice was cold and defiant, ending in a hiss that was like steel being cut. a surge of annoyance pulsed through his massive frame, and with it, a spike of adrenaline. none of this showed itself on his icy demeanor however, his gaze as placidly stoic as a gentle tide.
[break][break]
"to answer your question — i have not." his constituents had mailed him time and time again for him to respond to these anomalies, but what could he possibly do in the face of such events? he was no scientist. the idea of perusing those arts, however...
[break][break]
"i did not expect a rocket executive to be skulking in the shadows." but, if she was anything like he was, she enjoyed getting her hands dirty. he could respect that.
[break][break]
gabriel's lips cut into a grin, arms opening as if to embrace.
[break][break]
"you have a councilman to yourself for a time. anything you want to get off your chest?"

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
ill timed
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 7:35:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”oh, you’ve heard of me. only good things, i hope.”[break][break]
lulu smiled. she didn’t know much about councilman gabriel black, but she knew, at least, that he wasn’t unfriendly towards rocket. how he might behave towards her specifically would depend on how he had come about her name. [break][break]
”ah. they’re quite interesting.”[break][break]
she looked around, pads of her fingers pressing together idly. an ancient breeze passed. about shadows, her smile hitched upwards in a smirk—only to waver in uncertainty when he broke into a grin himself, arms held out wide. she stood her ground.[break][break]
”the shadows are usually where we skulk, mr. black; i am not sure why that comes as a surprise. as far as things to get off my chest, is there something in particular you’d like to know?”

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ill timed
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 7:31:05 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"a mix bag, admittedly. perhaps—" he stops for a moment, gauging the situation with a keen glance upwards, "—well, perhaps i can see for myself what's truth and what is not."
[break][break]
he contemplates her question, raising an eyebrow at how seemingly open she was to sharing information.
[break][break]
"i'm sure there are a great number of things that would interest me," the echo of thunder, warped and twisted, is a haunting backdrop to theri conversation, "but our situation calls for a temporary shift of priorities."
[break][break]
as if on queue, a larger than usual aagron appears from a ripple in space, eyes like burning coals. he tosses a glance at the intruder, and then towards the scientist.
[break][break]
"do you wish the honors?"

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
ill timed
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 20:46:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

a ‘mix bag’. her brows arched briefly. she might argue that they were all rotten apples, in one way or another, but she added no additional comment on the matter. [break][break]

lulu was certainly not an open book. if anything, more knowledge could be gained about him by the questions he asked—and he wasn’t guaranteed any answers. gabriel was an associate of rocket’s, far outside the tight circle of individuals that she offered her still ever-wavering trust to.[break][break]

”hm, i see. there’s certainly a lot going on in the region. i can scarcely imagine the weight on your shoulders.” lulu worked a 150+ hour work week, doing rocket science and attempting to pioneer ways to evade total destruction. as a physicist, she understood weight.[break][break]

she looked up at the agron that appeared, seeming unsurprised by it.[break][break]

”go right ahead, mr. black. i already have what i need.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ill timed
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 1:51:38 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"and yet despite that, you look more worse for wear than even i." the councilman holds his injured arm up for emphasis, though he knew that he didn't need to.
[break][break]
"very well," gabriel whistles, piercing and between two fingers. behind him, and from around the corner of a building, a pack of pyroars emerge. two males, two females, all four of them moving with a grace and agility of trained hunters. from the corner of his eyes he can see the steel-type put up a token resistance, but beneath the onslaught of four cats, it tumbles to the ground quickly.
[break][break]
"i'm curious, miss flint. how does your connection with your patron work?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
ill timed
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 1:01:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the smile on lulu’s face turned, her nose and brows scrunching like a rotten pecha berry. [break][break]

“… is that so?”[break][break]

but her offense was drowned out by the sounds of his pack of pyroars, tearing down an ancient beast.[break][break]

lulu watched, still very much annoyed and taken aback. [break][break]

and now he wanted to know more about her? amber eyes shifted towards him with a distaste. [break][break]

wordless, she stared at the councilman. darkness pulled her into the ground, and slithered to his own shadow. there, she rose again, glaring up closer to him. [break][break]

she held both hands out to her sides.[break][break]

”ta-da.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ill timed
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 7:20:03 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"i suppose that makes us even, as of my dramatic bout moments ago." gabriel surprisingly doesn't flinch when the woman appears before him, her form shrouded in inky black shadows that recede just as quickly as they came.
[break][break]
lulu, unlike most of her 'co-workers' wasn't a sociopath — mentally fucked in the head in her own way, yes, but there was enough wits about her that gabriel could respect. she was one of the most powerful members of rocket, and that earned a measure of his respect.
[break][break]
"how does it feel to connect your patron? i imagine it influences your emotions, your actions, in someway. is that correct?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
ill timed
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 3:12:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she stepped out of the hulking man’s shadow again, and her patron’s darkness dissipated from around her figure once more. her arms crossed, amber eyes turning towards his pyroar’s prey, lost in her annoyance. you look tired, everyone always said. shut up, she thought, every time. if only the world who thought her wildly aggressive could see what she held back, in every single drag of an interaction… [break][break]

further questions prodded for her attention.[break][break]

and of course, they always had to ask this one.[break][break]

goddammit. her tolerance for these government assholes wore thinner and thinner.[break][break]

”can’t confirm. i imagine i wouldn’t know if it did,” she responded dryly, lips then pressed into a line. she continued, ”and we don’t connect much actually. he’s pretty fucking quiet.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ill timed
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 15:02:26 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]

probing further and he risked her ire. a woman's scorn was something to tread softly around, even more so when she commanded a being of shadow, and nightmares.
[Break][break]
"i hear that's common." he adds, knowing full well that it contributed little. "i imagine i would lose what little sanity i had remaining, if i'd had a nigh invulnerable creature droning in my head."
[Break][break]
he chuckles, but only for himself. what little he knew of said her well of humor had dried up long ago.
[Break][break]
but, another question gnaws at him. this one, perhaps more unique than the last.
[Break][break]
"you chose to bond to your patron, i suspect. why?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
ill timed
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 19:18:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she was venomous, but she didn’t intend to bite. only shake her rattle a bit. rocket held gabriel on their good side, and vice versa. it would be a slight against her own to disrupt the relationship.[break][break]

”guess so. that would kind of suck.”[break][break]

his chuckle wasn’t echoed, but the next question was one which was considerably less annoying. it made her take a pause to think back. made her realize something she hadn’t before.[break][break]

that day on the beach, with sunglasses hiding a black eye from her fight with she’d not remembered until months later, she’d asked darkrai for power. she hadn’t known why at the time. it had been instinct.[break][break]

now, she felt like she knew.[break][break]

”if you had an opportunity to seize great power, wouldn’t you?”[break][break]

oh, wait. councilman black.[break][break]

”actually, i think i know the answer to that already.”

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ill timed
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 15:55:45 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"do you?" he raises an eyebrow at the scientist, head slightly cocked.

[break][break]
"because i'm of the mind that you know nothing about me at all, ms. flint."

[Break][break]
he whistles, softly, and his pride moves away from the still form. the steel armor of of the lumbering beast was impacted in several spots, warped by the half a dozen sources of flames.
[Break][break]
"part of me envys you, and those like you. to simply be given the power capable of toppling governments - it must be intoxicating."
[Break][break]
"but, what i've accomplished, and will accomplish, will be because of my labors, and my labors alone."
[Break][break]
there's not a trace of smugness, or even judgement in his tone.
[Break][break]
"if things were my way, ms. flint, there would be no God's at all. just the hubris, and folly, of mankind."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
ill timed
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 7:40:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

her head cocked to the side a little at him, her expression flat and without a response at first. it was all in her eyes. she didn’t take his words to heart. no, she knew plenty. just another rich, corrupt politician.[break][break]

topple governments? she smirked, then, positively smug, as though she thought him to be telling on himself despite his disclaimer. when he was done, she shook her head.[break][break]

”well, my condolences for not having your way, councilman. it must be so frustrating to be such a powerful, imposing individual—and still not even come close to us.”[break][break]

he’d struck a chord.[break][break]

”my power wasn’t ’just given’,” she informed him, matter-of-factly.[break][break]

”i earned it.”[break][break]

not by being one of the world’s greatest people, or a beacon of light and hope in society. rather, her power was a curse of sorts. she had earned it through soulless deeds and blood, through her importance to the organization, and through the sheer ruthlessness of her dark spirit.[break][break]

darkrai had heard her.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ill timed
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 18:36:57 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel smiles. it's wide, and almost completely of out character for his usual, composed self.
[break][break]
"i appreciate your candor, ms. flint." he did, in-truth. it was refreshing, welcoming even. "but, i do not ask these questions because i care what your opinion of me is, but to satisfy my own curiosity."
[break][break]
he was rich, a politician, and if people knew the truth, they'd probably label him as corrupt. but the world was not-so black and white. what he does, he does for the betterment of his family, first. then, the league and the region as a whole.
[break][break]
he held no regard for rocket at all, and knew that perhaps, their erasure would be better for hoenn. but for how long? a vaccuum created in their destruction would surely be filled by other, lesser known seedy characters.
[break][break]
furthermore, it'd leave many league powers aimless, and without direction. not having something they can toss their full attention into, and in most cases, their aggression, left them to be a threat at his doorstep.
[break][break]
simulations and potential threats were never-ending.
[break][break]
in the end he made one choice: better the devil you do know, than the one you don't.
[break][break]
"i'm sure you did earn it." or, at the very least, believe so. "just ensure you do not waste it."
[break][break]
above them, the distortion begins to fade.