pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 17:46:02 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp had never met .

What did he know about him?

Not that much... He was handsome, from what Temp had seen on TV, but beyond that Temp didn't know a whole lot.

The idea of this mission made him nervous. He didn't really understand what was happening or what they were doing- or why. From what he could gather, someone was attacking? But Temp wasn't in AQUA and he didn't know anything about the other reality other than what HNN had said. He often forgot he was a Gym Leader and was, therefore, actually a pretty good Trainer. Imposter Syndrome was a bitch to deal with.

Idly, Temp rolled a pokeball between his hands, waiting for the Head Ranger. Anderson would surely know what they were even supposed to be doing.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:06:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The reports of sea-people crossing the boundaries between their reality and this one were becoming more and more frequent.

And unfortunately—as an actual member of AQUA, he had to be available whenever those reports came in, and there was nobody else available to bat them back.

Unlike the time he’d gone with and , he’d have to be on his guard this time as he was travelling with someone who wasn’t a member of AQUA.

He wasn’t sure if the person he was going to be meeting up with would be ready for whatever fuckery was going to go down…

All Lars could do was hope for the best and—

“It’s a surprise to see you so far inland,” he greeted the other man quietly. “Aren’t you usually down by the research ship out at Pacifidlog?”

He then squared his shoulders.

“I hope you’re ready, because it’s highly possible we’re going to meet sea-Pokémon, if not the sea-people themselves.”

That would be a wild ride.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:49:39 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"Yeah, being so far away from the ocean is weird." Temp have a smile to and tried to force a laugh. Had to beat these nerves somehow. "Miss Goode asked me here, so here I am..."

Still a little awkward but it was okay. Temp took a deep breath and squared his shoulders back. No need to be this way. It would be fine! He took a breath before calling out a pair of pokemon- a Glaceon and a Leafeon. Both pokemon seemed perky and eager to be there. The only unusual thing about them was the slightly purple tint that was darker at the ends of their tails and ears and faded into their usual coloring.

"I'm ready! I'm sure Percy and Ashie can handle it, too. Right, guys?" The two pokemon chirped. Whatever was going to happen, he would be ready.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:58:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“A bit of warning,” he continued as he rolled his shoulders this time.

“You might run into someone that may share your face, if shit goes that way,” he advised as he felt a familiar ‘presence’ suddenly awaken in the back of his mind. Clearly, he wasn’t going to just go into this alone now, was he.

‘And unlike with your best friends, you have to attack on sight, right?’

‘Unfortunately. But it is, how it is.’

The dimensional rip shimmered for a bit, before holding steady.

“This way,” he continued quietly, stepping through and hearing the water slosh. All was quiet—for now.

“Stay close, the sea people are known to be sneaky.”

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 19:07:44 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp nodded and listened close. He was, sadly for , more a lover than a fighter. Temp was vicious when angry and not afraid to hurt. But he only liked to battle and fight when it forced his hand. Or, rarely, if someone really pissed him off and he lost his temper.

"Same old, same old. Did you hear about the Granite Cave stuff? Father Winter? I was in that." He tried to make light of it. Temp hadn't actually met another version of himself. Not like other people he had spoken with. Still, it had been... a lot.

Temp was quiet as the two of them walked forward, his pokemon on his heels. He wasn't sure what he had been expecting when he crossed over. For the most part it seemed... wet. That was about it. Just footsteps in water. Somehow, the smell of brine comforted him even in the oddness of it.

"What's that?" A few steps away was what looked like... a paintbrush? He stepped forward and leaned down, picking it up. It bled a bright yellow into the water, some type of watercolor that left a shimmering residue oh his hands where it stuck. Confused, he held it out for Anderson to see.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 19:54:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“My friends encountered that ‘Father Winter’ phenomenon, as you call it,” he nodded.

“Weird-ass shit. Something about crossing into other worlds, or something?” he postulated correctly.

Because it wasn’t every day that you had friends who had a collective experience that was caused by strange phenomena that had decided to take root in the region.

So far, the place was—quiet. At least, until the other found a paint brush.

“Did you happen to encounter your doppelganger during that?” he hummed as he walked over and observed the paint brush, bleeding colors into the water…

“…keep your eyes and ears peeled—” he warned before a sudden pressure made its presence known—and several ‘icicles’ began raining down from out of nowhere.

“Whoa!” he yelled, quickly slapping his hands together and conjuring a long-enough shard of ice and hurriedly shaping it into the form of a knife. Or what passed as a knife.

Holy fucking shit, did this encounter have to be against his own sea!self?!

And then, a loud screeching noise rent the quiet, before an Articuno—well, the sea!version of the very same patron deity that Lars served made its appearance.

“Di tutte le volte, perché adesso?!”1 he yelped in Alto Marean, temporarily forgetting that the other may not understand what he was saying.

“Crap, why did it have to be you?!” he grumbled as the spears of ice renewed their assault, raining down all around them—mostly aimed at Lars, though.

1 — Of all the times, why now?!

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 20:45:24 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp nodded and turned the paintbrush in his hand again. It smelled... weird. Like paint, but still weird. He glanced over at as he spoke. "Doppelganger? No, I met my- Noah!"

Shame he was cut off before the could answer. The sudden pressure was almost... well... he hated to say it, but comforting in a weird way. Being around Lugia and her Pressure really made him too comfortable with the phenomena. Ice rained down and Temp acted quick- whistling to his pokemon.

Ashie acted on the defensive. She opened her maw to attack. However, instead of some type of grass coming out, molten flame escaped her in a massive puff. It helped to fend off the ice. The flame itself sparked and crackled with some sort of dark energy, the center of the flame a glowing purple instead of a hot yellow. A shadow move.

Percy tried to act on the offensive. Tried being the ideal word. A burst of her own ice was shot forward from an Ice Beam, aimed at where the attack was coming from.

Only it was met with a volley of plants, a strange Zarude blocking the attack. The monkey pokemon snorted and hit the ground hard, splashing water as it paced back and forth. Assessing.

Another Temp stepped from the shadow. A paintbrush was in his hand, too, dripping with that same yellow watercolor. His clothes were stained with color, and he tilted his head, free hand on his hip.

"Guess we weren't the only ones who wanted to see the sights today." His copy said, voice carrying over the distance.

And Temp had known about the copies. The alternate dimensions, the copies. Hell, Anderson had just warned him. But... there was something so... uncanny about seeing it for himself. Like a fun-house mirror, only more wrong. Temp shuttered.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 21:29:42 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Right then and there—

“Looks like we know who owns that paint brush, then,” he remarked quietly as another volley of frozen icicle shards came raining down—which he’d then had to deflect with his own frozen chunk of ice away from hitting his companion (and their Eeveelutions; but for some reason they both looked… slightly different?).

“Who else is with you—” he began, before a sudden burst of ‘fire’ came raining down from a sea!Altaria that had joined the other!Articuno up in the skies above.

And the person on this Altaria’s back made his own blood run cold—it was the sea!version of his younger sister, Léanne.

“Aw, lookie who it is! You’re my fratello, right? Well, you kinda look like ‘im, but…” she trailed off.

Oh fuck, was she the snarky one, and not his other!self?!

“But what?!” he called back from his position down on the ground.

“Can’t tell you! Sorry!” she chirped, and just like that the other!Altaria opened fire; this time with a burst of lunar energy, aiming to crash it down on their heads!

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 21:43:08 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
With Temp slightly more safe, the Leafeon stepped forward. She was ready to defend her Trainer, tail in the air. She shook herself, a sickly purple color glowing under her skin. A sudden and harsh Sunny Day lit up the gloom. Helping to further melt the ice, but also dissuade any moon based attacks. Hopefully.

Percy was more eager. The Glaceon shivered with Anticipation before opening his mouth- a blacked coil of ice, like corrupted version of an Ice Beam, shot from his mouth and right at the Zarude. The Zarude growled and braced, making sure to stand between his trainer and the blast of another Shadow move.

The other Temp didn't seem that impressed, frowning as he crossed his arms.

"Why are you all so aggressive?" Sea!Temp called, sounding almost disappointed. He sighed and gave a whistle. The Zarude gave another loud growl before roots sprouted up and sank into the water, like a strange liquid. A Jungle Healing in effect for the Sea!Articuno and Sea!Alataria.

Temp didn't know how to reply. He wasn't really keen on talking to himself, either.

Still, slowly, he croaked out his answer.

"You... you guys attacked first...."

He glanced over at and his own battle, hoping for a little guidance. His copy didn't seem like it wanted to fight.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
buttermilk
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 14:10:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars was hoping to have the chance to either run into his other!self, or even better, the supposed version of his missing lover—however the welcoming committee was that: his other!self’s sister, and then the other!Temp, who didn’t look like—

He turned to the other.

“If you’re going to stay back and not attack, I best suggest to either get out of the way, or have your Pokémon on full support—I’ll take the lead!”

However, fact of the matter was that at least one of the welcoming committee was determined to smash them into liquid goop…

‘Is that what your sister would’ve been like? Had she lived?’

‘About fucking time you got here!’

Another burst of icicles announced the arrival of the actual iceborne mirage, who then looked at their duplicate with the exact same trepidation and disdain that was on Lars’s face.

‘Still noisy, as usual…’

‘Can you?’

‘I’ll see what I can do!’

Lars then turned to Temp once more.

“If you can get any, maybe all of the defensive screens up, do that, I’ll handle this!”

And before the other could even blink, he shook off the overcoat he wore before manifesting the wings of ice, and taking off so he would have a better vantage point to aim at his younger sister’s sea!self, who was riding the sea!Altaria (he suspected that this would’ve been Nami, had she not given her to him… but there were so many postulations at this point in time, he’d have to think about that later) and quickly summoning up his own imperfect ‘rain’ of icicle shards before throwing them all in her direction.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
buttermilk
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 7:08:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: