Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
That one beach episode. (Duo/Open)
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 15:21:09 GMT
Berthold Hawthorne Avatar

It was a bright and sunny day. The heat was beating down upon Berthold as looked out over the clean beach of Slateport, remembering the young kid he had met when he had just arrived here in Hoenn, a time that felt so long ago. The gentle waves of the ocean quietly splash against the beach sand, only disturbed by the other beach guests busy splashing in the water.

Today he was here for some much-needed relaxation. He had been working quite a fair bit. Youngsters joining his workplace had all been a lot to deal with, not because they weren’t good people, but simply because they were young and energetic.

Clad in a Classic beach attire which consists of a pair of black beach shorts, and a relaxed shirt, in a relaxed red and white flowery patterned shirt, glasses resting neatly upon the bridge of his nose and sandals upon his feet. He was ready for one whole day of doing nothing but having a beach episode together with his Pokémon, of which there was currently two.

A huge Noivern currently carrying a humongous black beach towel, as well as several other towels, and a Zorua which was carrying nothing but a smirk of mischief as she looked upon all the bathing guests which she could mess around with.

@tag

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
am i running out of lifelines?
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 20:42:32 GMT
symon blessing Avatar

“Okay, guy,” the stranger in lifeguard shorts said, giving Sy a thumbs up, “you’re good to go. Thanks for volunteering!”

“Yeah, no sweat,” Sy said, hopping down from the lifeguard chair and transferring ownership of the silver whistle. He’d been filling in to get some good citizen hours in, as well as some time under the sun. Unfortunately for him, he was the gingeriest of ginger, so all the sunblock in the world couldn’t stop him from turning the slightest bit pink before he’d brown.

Job done, he trekked off towards the upper end of the beach, where he’d seen a surfboard rental sign.

Along the way, he released his veritable hoard of baby pokemon: Merengue, Fuschia, and Thistle, as well as Vermillion to help keep a protective eye over everything. Of course, Thistle ran straight into trouble, rushing off to harass a little Zorua, standing nearby. She tapped the Tricky Fox Pokemon on the back with one of her little scythes and then flailed them in the air-- an invitation to play.

Sy located a human nearby, an older man who, judging by his floral shirt and air of relaxation, was definitely on the beach to have a chill time.

“Hi, is that your Zorua?" Sy asked, slipping his hand into the pocket of his swimtrunks. "It's cute."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:49:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DREDNAW APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STRONG JAW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COUNTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK POLISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TOGEPI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SERENE GRACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]YAWN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 17:06:32 GMT

Berthold was looking for a suitable place for him and his band of merry Pokémon. It was a bit away from the majority of guests, but not too far. However, as they were setting down the towels upon the sand. A Pokémon walked towards them from the water. He couldn’t quite recognize it, but it didn’t seem to belong to any trainer.

It began to growl at them distracting them just enough for the Zorua to try and sneak off.

An annoyed expression grew upon the Noivern. It did not want to deal with the Drednaws aggression. It shooed the Water/Rock-type away, but the Drednaw did not respond, nor did it attack. It looked towards Berthold, who hadn’t wanted to battle but gave a nod letting the Noivern do what it needed to do.

The Dragon-Bat Pokémon opened its mouth, and a red beam quickly shot out from it, hitting the Drednaw square. The Water/Rock-type fell quickly to the Grass-type absorb. Knocked out, Berthold retrieved an empty Pokéball from one of his pockets, after all, no self-respecting trainer ever went outside without one, and threw it at the Drednaw.

Meanwhile, the Zorua hadn’t gotten far maybe a meter or two before it came to a halt, trying to find suitable victims. Yet, little did it know it would be the first to fall, victim. It yipped when it felt what Zorua assumed to be a sharp blade tapping against its fur. It quickly spun around and then looked in confusion at the flailing green Pokémon.

Berthold had returned to watching the Noivern making a small nest out of the towels when he heard another voice asking about his Zorua. “Why yes, it is, and thank you.” He replied politely as he now peeked upon the small scene playing out.

Zorua turned her eyes towards Berthold, pleading for help. To which Berthold only laughed and said. “I think it wants to play with you.” Zorua sighed, disappointed in Berthold’s willingness to force Zorua into play, when it could be doing more important things, like pranks!

“It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Berthold. And what may I call you?” He introduced himself politely. A loud thud announced the Noivern placing itself upon the biggest of towels, ready to indulge in some sunbathing.

OOC: Trying to catch Drednaw

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 23:44:01 GMT
symon blessing Avatar

It was comical, actually, how quickly the Noivern dealt with the Drednaw. One second it was up, just sunning itself in the vicinity, and the next second its legs had buckled and it fell to the ground with a powerful whump, causing a small hillock of sand to form up in the outline of its body.

Thistle continued to pantomime her strange, flailing, sort-of-but-not-really-a-hug dance at the Zorua, whom she was trying to get to play. It didn’t seem to quite be understanding the message, however, so Merengue, Togepi and partner in crime, jumped in to referee. Unfortunately, as was often the case of baby Pokemon, more things got lost in translation between another set of flailing arms and a squeaky voice.

“Aww, that’s okay, bud,” Sy said, bending over with his hands on his knees to get a bit closer to the Zorua. He gave the Tricky Fox a mischievous wink. “If you just run around a bit, they’ll get distracted real soon. You’ll see.”

Thistle gave her trainer a death-glare but Merengue had already spotted something of greater interest, and toddled off to investigate.

“I’m Symon,” Sy said, shaking Berthold’s hand. “And this is my… parcel of rascals, I guess. Sorry to intrude on your day.” He turned to his small crew: Fuschia and Vermillion were playing with a seashell, Thistle was still trying to harass the Zorua into playing, and Merengue--

--Merengue had doubled?

Sure ‘nuff, over came his little Spike Ball, with another in tow. Both Togepi waltzed over to Sy and raised their stubby arms in a request to be picked up-- so he did, gathering one in the crook of each arm.

“Huh,” Sy said, “weird. Are you lost, little guy?”

The not-Merengue Togepi shrilled his classic toge-piiiiiiiii, and seemed happy enough to be held.

catch attempt togepi !

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 3:24:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEALEO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OBLIVIOUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNUBBULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 17:49:03 GMT

Since Berthold seemed disinclined to help, maybe the other trainer would. Looking hopefully towards him the Zorua expected some manner of help. Alas, all it was given was a suggestion to run around. The Zorua sighed in defeat. Maybe this was inevitable. Playing with this baby was maybe what it was supposed to do?

The Zorua turned to the baby Pokémon and found that it had seemingly found something else to be interested in. It found this sudden change peculiar and tried to figure out what it was the baby Pokémon found so fascinating and while doing so ignored the Pokémon named Thistle by doing so.

The trainer introduced himself. Berthold exchanged a firm handshake with the much younger man. “Oh think nothing of it. It’s a public beach after all.” He gave a chuckle and smile as he allowed his view to eye each Pokémon that had gathered around their trainer.

It even seemed like a wild Togepi had joined the group. With the answer now given, Zorua couldn’t continue ignoring Thistle, the harassment wouldn’t end, or at least so it seemed. With another audible sigh, the Zorua turned to the harassing Pokémon and made some small Zorua-speech-sounds asking what it wanted to play?

Meanwhile, Berthold turned his attention to the Noivern, checking to see if it had gotten itself comfortable. Alas, what he saw was equally as peculiar as the extra Togepi. A Sealeo had found their little toweled area and thought it a nice place to lay. Noivern not wanting to be aggressive without its trainer’s permission had refrained from taking action.

At this pace, he was about to run out of Towels. He had to take action. He went walked over to the Sealeo which seemed to be on the edge of falling asleep. “I am terribly sorry to impose, but we’ve claimed this area for our temporary use. So, I know it’s a bother, but I am going to have to ask you to leave unless you wish to become a part of the team?” Berthold looked upon the Sealeo, it seemed rather oblivious to his presence. And yet it did not move.

Berthold fetched another Empty Pokéball and gently nudged it against the half-asleep Sealeo. The Capture process began, he placed the Pokéball down on the towel while it did its thing before returning to the other trainer. “Are there usually this many wild Pokémon here?” Berthold asked. Having not had much time to learn the area’s ins and outs, this was a good bit of information to learn.

OOC: Trying to catch Sealeo

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2022 23:06:45 GMT
symon blessing Avatar

Out of all the little ones in Sy’s possession, Thistle was probably the biggest handful. Everyone was her friend and yet, sometimes Symon got the feeling she’d murder everyone in their sleep without blinking twice if she got the inkling.

Oh, well. Kids, right?

When the Zorua chose to go after Merengue instead of taking Thistle’s invite to play, she turned and gave her trainer a silent, get-a-load-of-this-guy look. Sy shrugged.

Then Merengue came back with another Togepi in tow-- Thistle shuddered. Not another one. Finally, though, she got what she wanted. The Zorua addressed her and asked what she wanted to do.

Do you want to dig sinkholes for people to fall into,
she asked. Or steal people’s sunblock so they burn. Or knock down sandcastles.

Sy, meanwhile, was more focused on watching Berthold deal with the wayward Sealeo. He went about it with a gentlemanly aplomb that Sy approved of.

“Well, Lilycove’s beach is generally pretty hectic, what with the tourists and their Pokemon and then the Pokemon they attract in turn,” Sy said, his arms still full of Togepi, “so I can only imagine Slateport’s is just as bad. I was just filling in for the Lifeguard for a shift for some volunteer hours.”

Vermillion the Comfey noticed a little, pink form lingering nearby; she floated over, discovering a Snubbull half-hidden behind a small dune of sand, which looked to be the remnants of a sandcastle. The two conversed for a moment before Verm led the little bulldog over. The lei made a back-and-forth flipping motion that Sy took to be an introduction, so he knelt down-- carefully, with the little Togepis in tow-- and smiled. “Hey, little guy. Are you all out here on your own, too?” The Snubbull barked an affirmation. “Well, maybe you’d like to come with us?” He jerked his head towards Thistle and the Zorua. “That’s the rest of my gang. Maybe they’d let you tag along?”

And that was how Berthold’s Zorua found himself another tag-alonger, eyes gleaming with mischief.

catch attempt snubbull !

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 5:11:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARROKUDA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PROPELLER TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA JET

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TENTACRUEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIQUID OOZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID SPRAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]REFLECT TYPE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE BEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 17:45:14 GMT

The Zorua seemed rather surprised at the suggestions. Sure, some of those things could be fun. But the way Thistle suggested them in such an ominous manner. Stealing sunblock sounds fun, but you know what could be even better! Pretending to help people apply sunblock, but only applying it so they get funny symbols sunburned on them! Zorua suggested, trying to gauge if Thistle was only interested in the violent side of things or if it was in fact just a misunderstood prankster.

“I see,” Berthold said, looking thoughtful for a moment as he pondered what to do with this information. He couldn’t well go somewhere else and expect there to be less Pokémon. But before he could speak further it seemed they were interrupted by the Comfey finding a stray Pokémon, which seemed rather interested in tagging along with the Zorua and Fomantis.

“I apologize if this is prying too much, but I am terribly curious. What do you normally do when you aren’t out here volunteering as a lifeguard?” Berthold figured some amount of small talk was in order since it seemed Zorua was finally about to go play with the Fomantis.

Meanwhile, a Tentacruel had found its way to the Noivern and Sealeo. Its curiosity was unsated as it asked them what they were doing laying there, pretending to be dead. The Noivern tried to ignore the squishy squiggly sounds of the Tentacruel speech.

Sealeo being used to the presence of such watery creatures answered with its own brand of weird noises. Explaining that they were relaxing and enjoying the sun.

The tentacruel found this concept weird, lying upon the beach like carcasses just waiting for a Mandibuzz or, it shuddered at the thought, the scourge of the sea Wingull, to swoop down and consume them.

But the Sealeo remained calm. Reminding the Tentacruel of the Noivern’s status as an apex predator. And suggested that if it tried staying here, and becoming a part of this little gathering, then it too would learn the joy of sunbathing. All it was required was to swear fealty to the Berthold, the Sealeo pointed in Berthold’s direction for a brief second.

The Tentacruel seemed thoughtful for a moment. Weighing the pros and cons of such an arrangement until at last, it figured that a trainer would increase its chances of a daily meal enough to outweigh the cons of not having any territory to fight for. And so it seemed to agree, lying down besides the Sealeo for now.

OOC: Trying to capture the Tentacruel

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 16:27:40 GMT
symon blessing Avatar

Thistle tilts her head to the side, considering. This was a unique opinion, one she was not likely to get from anyone on her dad’s party. Vermillion was too stuck up, and the rest of them? Babies. All of ‘em, babies. So she nods her head and waggles her scythes with excitement.

Let’s do that.

The Snubbull-- who she already thought of as her brother, because that was how Thistle functioned-- also thought this sounded like a good idea. Oh, now she was roping others into her naughty games-- if Vermillion found out she’d be mantis suey.

Back in Sy-land, Sy shifted his armful of spikey egg balls and grinned at Berthold. “Ah, I work at the Lilycove Mall,” he said, deciding that maybe he didn’t need to go into the nitty-gritty of it. Not that he was ashamed, of course-- but there were people who handled it better, and people who let it color their entire interpretation of him. But he was more than his job and his fantastic pecs. “Born and raised in Lilycove, actually.”

He watched the strange soap opera with the squid and the walrus for a moment in confused silence.

“What about you?” he asked. “Have you been in Hoenn long?”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 0:27:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WAILMER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OBLIVIOUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SPOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAWILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYPER CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIT UP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAIRY WIND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE TENTACRUEL!

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
Febuary 16
Celadon City
Heterosexual
Pub Owner
Civilian
Widower
12 height
12 height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @berthold
Berthold Hawthorne
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 18:25:00 GMT

It seemed the Fomantis was on board with the plan. This pleased the Zorua, for though it wanted to prank people, it did not wish to cause death by the sinkhole. Now, with the Fomantis onboard, and a Snubbul? They would just have to find suitable victims. ‘Let’s go!’ The Zorua stated enthusiastically and began to lead them onward to the nearest bunch of strangers with available sunblock.

While the children of the party were going off on their own. Berthold was quite caught up in the conversation. “Oh, Lilycove?” Berthold mused. “That’s quite a bit away isn’t it?” Berthold asked. Since he lived most of his life outside Hoenn, the geography was a bit spotty for him at times.

“Oh, I haven’t been here for that long.” He closed his eyes in thoughtfulness as he tried to remember exactly how long. “I wouldn’t say that. Been here a few months by now.” Berthold admitted. As he took a short moment to glance towards the Pokémon group that was gathering. Is that a Tentacruel? He thought for a moment but brushed it off as he returned his attention to his conversation partner.

Little did Berthold know that a Mawile waddled towards the group from the other side. Wondering why they were all gathering there? She was granted the same explanation that the Tentacruel was given. Though it took much less convincing for her to join the camp. Since she was already looking for a place to rest. She figured this merry band might as well provide as good an opportunity to rest as any other place would.

OOC: Trying to capture the Mawile

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 17:46:25 GMT
symon blessing Avatar

Thistle and Mauve-- the Snubbull, his name was Mauve-- high fived and trailed after their Zorua leader, scanning the beach for an appropriate victim. It had to be someone who was, at present, inordinately pale, hoping to get brown by the end of the basking day.

“Ah, well,” Sy waves the idea of distance away with a flick of his hand, “go where they need you, right?” It was just a quick bus ride down to Slateport for the day and, to be honest, growing up in one place sometimes made you sick of that place, even a place as beautiful as Lilycove. “I like coming down to Slateport. It’s… a different flavor of the same ice cream, if you catch my drift.”

Their quickly growing party was broken up by a loud crash of water, and a beachfull of ooohs and aaahs as a pod of Wailmer came close to the beach. They were breaching the waves and coming dangerously close to getting stuck on the sand-- one deflected off another and did hit the shore, rocking back and forth in place for a moment. Sy quickly collected it in a Pokeball, to save it from heat and sunstress.

catch attempt wailmer !

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 0:21:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIPLUP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WHIRLPOOL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLOATZEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE HIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PURSUIT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]