1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
nicolas cage's worst nightmare [m][c]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 7:12:21 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
About 2 km away from Lilycove City was a gigantic hive, the size no smaller than that of a town. The Combee had been working tirelessly to make this giant bee's nest. "Arceus." Callan commented, as a perimeter of rangers had settled near the wasp edge, to warn any of the nearby route travellers to steer clear of the wasp nest.

Upon arriving on the vicinity, the cadet saluted to Lars and then to Callan. "We've located the nest sir, a lot of the rangers are trying to divert the Combee to make an opening for you both." The goal was simple, this time around, butn ot easy. They'd have to enter the nest, and somehow find a way to identify, and neutralize, the source of the hyper-aggressive Combee.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 12:38:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I may not be a full-fledged Combee keeper, but have some of the others tried to gently smoke the rest away? Or set out lures?”

Seeing the… massive size of that hive was definitely a concern.

He’d taken time to talk with some of the other Combee keepers he’d met previously, and had learned some important tricks of the trade from them. Although, those tricks were mostly applicable to manageable-sized hives, not these gigantic towers of…

Anarchy.

Looking over at Callan, he sighed.

“I am not looking forward to putting the protective gear on again.”

That shit was terribly hot, okay?!

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 15:06:51 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan personally didn't like the beekeeper uniform, but if it prevented being attack he definitely wouldn't mind it, since they were going into the hive. THe cadet nodded, saluted, then moved to give orders to the rangers while another lef the two of them to a basic pitch tent to ready themselves out.

Callan snapped his Pokemon team into his belt and tightened his ranger uniform. To be frank, he still wasn't used to the gear, but it was far better to go into something with some degree of protection than not. "One moment!" Came the voice of another, this one from a relatively tall bespectacled man, almost the same height as Callan.

"Please take these, courtesy of the Evergrande Research center." The scientist handed the pair of them a large strap, emanating a blue light from a crystal slotted in sideways. It fit perfectly to the Ranger uniform. "This will transform your ranger gear into a Sygna suit, that emanates the same primal energy signature as the other Combee. With luck, it'll disguise your presence and make the Combee docile."

"Definitely better than the bee suit." Callan commented, "Tell the team thanks from the both of us."

Callan turned towards Lars, "Ready to head in?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 16:08:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

As always, he only had Ro’s Heavy Ball on him—believing that one Pokémon was enough for the operation. Considering that having Telekinesis was very helpful as a utility move, he knew that the Metagross could handle and compartmentalize isolating several clusters of smaller Pokémon congregating all at once should shit get worse.

At the mention of ‘sygna suit’, his lips pursed for a few moments.

“I better hope that does turn into a Combee’s signature, because…” he trailed off before giving Callan this stare as he approached the other.

“I’ve had previous experience wearing something like this, but it transformed into something else,” he told the other quietly as he locked the strap on in place.

“Let’s go. Sooner we get to the bottom of this, the sooner we can work out how to handle the situation and alert the public about the phenomenon,” he nodded.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 14:39:52 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Sounds like an interesting story." Callan replies with an eyebrow raised, "Like a swinger's party gone wrong or something." He was of course, taking the context and imagining Lars in a a way different scenario.

Regardless the moment of levity was just for the moment, they still had to deal with the fact that they were walking into a nest of Combees. As they trekked forwards, openly and brazenly, Callan noticed that there was a distinct lack of affront to the fact that two humanoids in yellow spandex were trekking amidst the buzzing hexagons.

"Hmm... Seems it's working at least." Callan replied, though just to be safe, he held his hand by his belt, ready to unclip his balls.

The honeycomb structure was vast, with massive holes sinking into its pineapple like structure, conveniently, there was a singular hole like an entrance at the base of the honeycomb, and as they entered, the lattices stretched upwards, hardened from wax, like stiff rubber. Callan switch on his torch, hearing the sound of hundreds of buzzes from inside the beehive. "I am really not liking this."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 15:12:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Oh, you have no idea,” he replied, unable to resist the urge to say it in a darker sort of tone. “First time I wore one of these I legit, shit you not, turned into a walking sheet of ice.”

And let’s not get him started on what happened afterward. That—was a story for another fucking day, if he was going to be honest with himself.

Thankfully, when he looked down the signature of the suit had them looking like a pair of bipedal Combee—okay we are definitely not going into anthro territory right there—but all the same, the buzzing noise didn’t switch to an ‘attack’ mode, because they were as disguised as he hoped they would be.

“Damn…” he continued, looking around at the structure. “This shit ain’t pretty. ‘Specially if you got a fear of looking at a cluster of holes all together and stuff,” he continued with a barely-concealed shiver.

Thank fuck he didn’t have that phobia, but still, the gaping hole was there—as if luring them in… like bees to a honeypot, rhetorically speaking.

“You think the source of our trouble’s in that hole?” he pointed out to the opening with a tilt of his head.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 6:51:19 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I believe it." Callan replied, rather not choosing to think about Lars in a gimp suit, they had to deal with a honey mad queen at the moment after all.

He hated to say it, but the more he was a ranger, the easier it was for him to distance himself, detaching himself from reality to hide himself from danger. Combee floated past them as they walked into the hive, and Callan walked onwards. It was maybe a defense mechanism, sometimes, you just had to assume things were going to work the way they were in order to get anything done.

"I've heard of that... what was it called, typtophobia?" Callan asked, looking at the wax holes around the, some of them filled with Combee eggs. A slight feeling of revulsion ran through him. "I get it though... it does look disgusting, imagine if you had an injury or an infection that looked like this." A shiver ran down his spine as they walked and spiralled upwards.

And there she was.

In the midst of a fawning Combee, a single, large Vespiquen with a crystalline red shard embedded in the centre of its head. Callan and Lars seemingly invisible to her. "Good thing this scent seems to make us invisible to the queen too..." Callan quickly moved across the outside of the arena, unclipping his Pokeball. "How do you wanna do this? Surprise attack?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 16:40:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Told you,” he agreed with a barely-repressed shudder as well, because this entire thing was legit, a nightmare for someone who had that particular phobia.

(They better get out of here, and fast!)

“At least we know the suits work,” he hummed quietly, looking around as several Combee whizzed past them, unaware that there were two humans literally disturbing the hive. Callan caught his attention, though, the moment the other looked up—

And there it was.

“What in the fucking hell…” he trailed off, blinking up at the sight for a few moments. Then, he realized something.

“Try and get the shard, if you can,” he continued, popping the shrunken-down Heavy Ball to full size.

“And yes, a surprise attack would be best. On your lead,” he nodded as he agreed to the plan—because to put it simply, Ro the Metagross was more of a support Pokémon in this endeavor, thank the hell the shining silver beast knew Telekinesis and could abuse it to all hell when given the chance.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 11:17:02 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I'll see what I can do." Callan whispered in response. The queen bee was too busy being aggressive with its colonybuilding, as it continued to seemingly force the builders within the colonies to stack bricks against each other.

No honey or rice cake this time.

Callan slid over to a wax pod when the queen was not looking, making sure to align himself with the back of the Vespiquen's erratic flying as he unclipped an empty Pokeball.

Once there was a lull in the timing, he leaped out, launching the POkeball at the queen and striking it clear against the back of its shoulders.

The ball sealed the queen for a single moment, dropping onto the wax, shook once...

And blew up. "Fuck." He cursed, looks like it was time for a battle.

NOTE: After your post we can finish up this thread and fight the queen in the next mission.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 15:37:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Ah, shit!” he hissed, resisting the urge to exclaim the second part of the sentence in a rising intonation, because holy mother of the Weather Trio the Vespiquen looked fucking pissed as she broke out of the containment unit.

A split-second later, a burst of red came from his direction—and the Metagross unfolded himself to full size, quickly unleashing a burst of Telekinetic energy right off the bat—because the Vespiquen looked ready to attack, all fucking out, suns out guns out!

However, before the ‘hive mother’ could make a move, the burst of energy from the silver beast had forced her into an unnatural shape, shrieking in mid-air as she was forced to stay still.

What was alarming, however, was the red shard was reacting to her temper.

“I—Ro can’t hold her down for long!” he shouted as, regardless of whatever the hell was going to happen, he conjured up a small shard of ice and had it ready.

“Get her under control, now!”

He stood at the ready, the shard of ice in his hand, ready to strike out as needed—

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 6:22:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: