Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Snowfall in Summer [Social]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 2:01:16 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Patinage Sur Glace
[break][break]
[break]
How far away the winter months felt now.

As she arrived at the indoor skating rink, Elisabeth felt the lingering heat of summer abruptly fade from her skin; the sudden plummeting of the temperature brought to mind the brisk chill that had greeted her upon her arrival in Hoenn. The snowdrops had been in bloom then, peeking out from the snow with their dewy white petals.

Now was the hot season of begonias, dahlias, and daisies. A time of vibrance and exuberance. She didn't mind it, not really, although part of her missed the cold.

That was why she was here, Elisabeth reasoned with herself as she entered. Nostalgia.

Stepping into these skates felt familiar, as if she had done so only yesterday in that frozen pond outside Oldale. Steadying herself on the railing, she stared across the icy expanse and smiled to herself at the lack of company. Solitude was comforting. Preferable, really, for ventures like this one.

A gentle push propelled her from the railing, soaring through the frigid air to spin in a precise, twirling motion across the ice. Such movement, as it always did, freed her inhibitions. She missed the feel of the night breeze, the ambient sounds of nature all around her, but this place was in itself a close enough substitute for her not to mind.

It cleared her thoughts, at least for a little while.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 11:57:09 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Beyond work, there weren't many things Felix did for himself.

Ice skating acted as one of of those few treats.

He didn't remember when he first started-- maybe it was 8 years ago, maybe earlier. His memory only weakened the closer it rewinds back to his adolescence. But, whenever he did start, he never found a better form of escapism since.

Gliding across the ice, the man used the relatively empty rink to his advantage, soaring and leaping whenever given the chance. His skill were on the level of a well seasoned veteran, claiming the easier tricks of Olympic athletes, the only difference being the messiness of his delivery.

It wasn't until his third rotation that his eyes met the familiar hue of another's.

"?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 19:18:47 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Patinage Sur Glace
[break][break]
[break]
At the sound of her name, Elisabeth's skates skidded to a halt, sending a flurry of icy dust behind her.

"Felix." It took a moment for his name to register. Seeing someone outside of Elisabeth's usual routine threw her, slightly. This happened often in Rocket, more than she liked to admit: it was strange to meet the people she interacted with as a criminal in her civilian life.

Although this was not the first time she had done so with .

"I hope I am not interrupting you?" It felt like a strange thing to say, but it was the first to come to mind. She'd intruded on his sanctuary, not the other way around.

He'd mentioned doing this, hadn't he? A vague memory prickled at the back of her skull, something about this being a favorite pastime of his. That could even explain the sudden fleeting urge to skate herself; that intrusive thought felt otherwise impulsive, an inexplicable fly in the ointment of her carefully plotted, meticulous schedule.

"It can be nice to have the rink to yourself. I don't mind leaving so you can enjoy it."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 15:09:28 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"No, stay."

It was rare for him to willingly ask another to stay.

People were too often a nuisance for Felix-- especially on the rink-- but with Elisabeth... it was different, somehow. He couldn't really explain it, but whenever they encountered one another, it always felt as though he came out questioning the foundations of which he based most of his decisions off of. Logic, as he knew it, becomes moldable around her.

Brow raised; he found a question forming in his head. "When did you start ice skating again?"

From what he remembered, she mentioned it being an old hobby of hers as well. But, since arriving to Hoenn, their paths have failed to ever cross. Did she only start now?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 16:39:20 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Patinage Sur Glace
[break][break]
[break]
"All right. Then I'll stay." An awkward politeness inserted itself in her reply, unable to shake the sense that she had overstepped somehow.

A silly notion, that. Given that when it was who had found her ice skating months ago, she'd had no qualms offering him much the same courtesy that now extended her.

His question drew her emerald gaze upwards, meeting his own with faint surprise. "When I first arrived in Hoenn, I suppose. Winter."

Elisabeth had fallen many times, tearing her stockings and laughing as she sought to return to this lost joy of her childhood.

She'd stolen many such small moments after leaving Kalos -- watching the Ledian and Ledyba dance in the Petalburg Woods, singing a song of her youth in a Mauville café, and yes, twirling on frozen water in the countryside outside Oldale.

"I was out of practise, so I found a little pond to skate on by myself. A lot more gracelessly than I am now."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 20:00:26 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Ah."

If she were using a pond to practice, their lack of encounters would make a lot more sense.

"You should come to the rink more, then. I could help you practice."

It was a rare thing for him to actively want to see someone, and it was even rarer for him to OFFER some level of assistance. But, as he already knew, his situation with was already far from normal.

Not that he minded it.

Gesturing to their right, Felix motioned for them to continue skating, side by side, as they spoke. Standing still only felt like a waste of time and space.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 6:59:27 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Patinage Sur Glace
[break][break]
[break]
Her hands clasped behind her back as Elisabeth skated in slow, gliding steps apace beside . It felt strange, steadying herself beside someone else on the ice. You didn't have to slow or speed up your rhythm to keep up with just your own shadow.

"You assume between the two of us that you're the most experienced, then?" she asked, a puff of frosty air exhaled with a short laugh. Though from how the man moved himself on the rink, it seemed the sure guess.

It wasn't that Elisabeth herself as a novice, no. She moved with a fluid grace and elegance of her own, that of someone who spent many years of childhood twirling on a frozen lake.

Rather, it was more the sharp, technical precision of the man next to her that spoke of the difference between them -- she was one who danced with an intuitive understanding of melody, while he was one who could speak to the rise and fall of each complex note.

"I'm curious. What would you have me practise, then?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2022 14:41:49 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The question confused him-- was he not the more experienced skater? There was no doubting Elisabeth's elegance on the ice, but that wasn't saying much, as there wasn't many things Felix could imagine her doing disgracefully.

"Yeah."

He gave a simple answer to an obvious question.

Accustomed to a more articulate form of skating, Felix was able to match his rhythm with hers rather easily. But, perhaps, that had more to do with the person than the technique itself.

"..."

What would he teach her? It was clear that she already had a foundational understanding of the basics, and would she really be interested in the tricks he often indulged in.

After a short pause, an answer finally came to mind.

"How to match my rhythm ."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 16:59:12 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Patinage Sur Glace
[break][break]
[break]
"Oh?" A teasing lilt entered her voice, palpable with amusement. "How intriguing."

Almost leisurely, Elisabeth shifted direction to surround him in a wide semi-circle, before once more arriving at his side.

There was something in the suggestion that she was failing to meet his rhythm which entertained her, whispering to her inner competitive nature.

"Are we to skate fast," she asked, lips curving into a slow grin as a devilish look glittered in her green eyes, "or slow?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 2:05:44 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
This competitive side to Elisabeth was wildly unknown to the man. It was nice. Much more carefree than the strenuous emotions both of them were forced to bear during their previous entanglements. Especially since it brought out a grin from the woman -- another sight Felix was growing a little too comfortable with.

"Fast," He suggested. It would be good to gauge her abilities before anything else. Who knew, maybe she held a hidden mine of talent he had originally failed to notice. Slowly, his green eyes surveyed their surroundings, diligent in their old habits. Back when he first started coming to the rink, he'd commit to the same old ritual of gauging his surroundings before going full force onto the ice. He still does now, in a way, but as he spends more time committing to tricks rather than speed, there was less of emphasis on it.

"We're good." He looked back down at the woman. "I'll start, you can follow."

And with that, he was off, using his long legs to take wide, swift movements forward. The combination of practiced skill and genetics propelled him forward, allowing him to achieve a speed unlike many others she would've witnessed in the past. Which left the question: could she keep up?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 3:40:47 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Patinage Sur Glace
[break][break]
[break]
Could she indeed? Well, well. Elisabeth planned to find out.

It was true that 's long legs gave him an advantage, not to mention the thrust of his heels came with such shuddering force it pushed him forward like a wraith ghosting across the ice.

So first, Elisabeth studied his technique. How he used long, sweeping motions, rather than short fast steps. And with careful mimicry, she did the same -- a deep bending of the knees, building speed where he did at the curve of the rink.

"I'm a faithful shadow, at least," she laughed, several lengths behind him. But gaining momentum, she felt most assuredly.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 4:09:33 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The way in which she followed his movements so fluidly brought out more surprise than he initially expected. While less refined than his own, from what he could tell, her technique wasn't far from perfect. Tighten a few parts of her posture, polish a few of her rough edges, and she'd be nearly identical to the woman a younger Felix would watch from the YouTube screen.

"More than I thought." A low chuckle slipped out from his lips. With one, slow sweep, he combed his hair back with his free hand, letting both his fingers and the rushing air to slick black the fraying hairs that threatened to poof out. "Though, considering it's you, I shouldn't be surprised."

Picking up speed, he continued to glide across the ice, allowing the built-up years of experience to take flight all at once.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 23:33:41 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Patinage Sur Glace
[break][break]
[break]
"Considering it's me, hm? Now what am I supposed to make of that statement, Mr. Gallagher?"

Elisabeth reveled in the physicality of the activity, feeling her body shift and move in perfect harmony with the rhythm of her skates against the ice. It was like joining some natural current: the way a Fearow might float mid-air, or a Lapras bob gently over waves, or a Magnemite attune to the electricity of some crackling power node.

Each step of her metal skate against frozen ground energized her, whipping her blonde ponytail behind her like a golden banner.

Felix had turned behind him to better get a look at her, and Elisabeth took advantage of this temporary slowing of his own stride, bursting forward with two quick kicks of her heel. Another laugh took hold of her as Felix resumed his earlier speed, this time unleashing stores of energy he had previously kept hidden -- was he testing her, perhaps? He'd said she had surprised him. Was he going easy on her until now?

"What happens," Elisabeth asked, her grin widening as she attempted to bridge the distance that had widened between them, "if one of us catches the other in this little game of cat and mouse?"

She was quite enjoying herself.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 3:53:57 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"I don't know."

Because even he, himself, had trouble discerning his own feelings on the matter.

What he did know was this: the skating, the talking, the trickle of enjoyment he felt -- it all felt so natural, like a snapshot of his previous come returning back from the dead.

Was he testing her?

Another soft chuckle heaved out from his chest as his skates skidded across the ice. They quickened over time, crescendoing to a symphonic piece of thrilling speed and beauty. Now familiar with her capabilities, Felix resisted the urge to look back, focusing his attention on the open rink in front of him.

"What do you think should happen?"

@tag

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 22:02:43 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Patinage Sur Glace
[break][break]
[break]
An impish thought took hold of her, and Elisabeth slid backwards, pirouetting on her heel to spin in the opposite direction on the rink. Now facing north as Felix faced south, she waltzed past him on the ice, flashing him a brilliant smile as she did so -- all bared fangs and competition.

"That depends entirely on what you want, doesn't it?" she teased, the words drifting to him for the brief second the two shared close proximity.

And then the moment was lost, like so many other moments, just one more grain of sand passing through an hourglass. If this was a game of cat and mouse, she couldn't help dancing after the first shiny object dangled in front of her, claws unsheathed with the delight of the chase.

"So what do you want, Mr. Gallagher?" the blonde called across the rink, the entirety of the place empty save for them two. It was a question that spoke beyond this single encounter. To ambitions, in Rocket or otherwise. "Perhaps whoever wins gives an honest answer to that question, of what draws us to this... mutual sport we both so enjoy."

She wasn't talking about ice skating.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]