TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 6:49:35 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2top"]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

even as a youth, ollie was always a think-first and act-later kind of character. unfortunately, things hadn't changed much as he'd gotten older. whenever he saw a need — whatever that need might've been — he would always rush to fill it. not always thinking about the consequences. maybe never thinking about the consequences.

[break][break] perhaps it was a guy thing. maybe could relate.

[break][break] he turns up at the coordinates the local ranger force had given him. it only occurs to him after to think about why they'd called him.

[break][break] fire ripples out fast and furious from where a forest fire is quickly brewing outside of littleroot.

[break][break] fuck.

[break][break] when he hears the crunch of leaves behind him, however, he's filled with relief. that was right — back-up.

[break][break] "hey man," he called after the other. "you have a water-type, right?"

[break][break] cause he as sure as hell didn't.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
fire force
[break]

[newclass=".oliver2"]--accent:#FFB546; } .oliver2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'} .oliver2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; font:10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; } .oliver2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .oliver2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2 .ooc img] background:transparent; float:none; border:none; box-shadow:none; padding:0px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]XQQMD4og
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 13:10:54 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster's mind was blank when he first saw the fire spreading from a distance, a moment of silence for his incompetence if you will. He was used to answering radio calls for assistance without much thought, but this was the first time his impulsivity would bite him in the ass. He approached the lone ranger already standing at the scene and couldn't help but flush at the question directed his way.

"Howdy," he started and cleared his throat, "I hate to say it- Arceus this is embarrassing, but- I may have jumped the gun in coming here. No water-types in my collection, probably a mistake as a ranger. I'm sorry." He meant it. He knew he would need one eventually, but all his time ended up being spent on his beloved grass-types. Aster took in the scene once more, orange consuming green, brush lit up in an instance. The flush quickly drained from his face. "Looks like a lot of damage could be done before another ranger gets here, may as well get started even if there's only one water-type to get working with."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 21:08:13 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

"what?! you don't have a water type?"

[break][break] ollie's unable to help it. his outburst comes out before he can stop himself, boggling at the sight of the other ranger that had come to help him. seriously, what kind of ranger didn't have a fire type?!

[break][break] ... well... him for one.

[break][break] "ugh." he slaps his hand over his face, dragging it down his jaw. "you mean zero water-types. i have none either." he huffs, glancing back at the fire that was steadily growing faster.

[break][break] 'god, what were they going to do?'

[break][break]

fire force
[break]

[newclass=".oliver2"]--accent:#FFB546; } .oliver2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'} .oliver2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; font:10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; } .oliver2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .oliver2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2 .ooc img] background:transparent; float:none; border:none; box-shadow:none; padding:0px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]R5kkpOqy
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 20:39:17 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster cringed slightly the fellow ranger's outburst, more out of embarrassment than anything else. Of course, it's only natural that it would be a shock that a ranger wasn't equipped with a water-type, it was common sense, wasn't it? Wait... Had he heard him right? Zero water-types between the two of them? Apparently they were both a bit lacking in the rationality department. He couldn't help but chuckle nervously at their predicament. "Shit."

Aster firmly crossed his arms and paced back and forth. "Ok, ok, this is no time to panic, uh, let me think," he murmurred. He swiveled around to face the other ranger. "We definitely need to radio for more backup, but in the meantime," he drummed his fingers thoughtfully on his arm, "Well, my Gogoat can use earthquake, it could help to slow the spread but there'll be damage to the surrounding area. I'd hate to ruin perfectly good habitat though... Any ideas on your end?" The flickering orange in the corner of his eye sent Aster's heart racing, and, not for the first time, he was wondering if he was really qualified for this job. Still, if there was one thing he was proud of, it was his ability to stay calm under pressure.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 21:14:49 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

good thing had a solid head on his shoulders. that was at least one brain cell between them.

[break][break] "uh... dude, not to burst your bubble, but i think comms are down for like — an hour. something about a manufacturing issue."

[break][break] the news had broken in only a half-hour earlier. as their engineers worked on a much-needed update, the communications would be cut short in a few areas — namely ones that were on the field, in mountains, or rivers, or forests...

[break][break] shit.

[break][break] "no biggie, though! i'm sure the captain will chime in soon."

[break][break] hopefully in that time, they wouldn't be burned alive.

[break][break] "i think on my way here i saw a river... and oh! pickle and marsh can help with that. they'll throw some dirt on the flames." was that helpful? either way, both his pokemon were released into the space in front of them and made quick work. the aipom slapped some embers down with it's tail, while the zangoose used crush claw to dig a trench to divert some of the fire away. a third pokemon appeared in the air as well — his togetic.

[break][break] "oh, and jellybean knows metronome."

[break][break]

fire force
[break]

[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 0:26:04 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Comms were down? Bubble officially burst. How was he so out of touch today; did he have a strong reaction to a moldavite crystal today? In any case, all he could do now was hope for the best. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure the captain won't leave us hanging."

He was impressed with how quickly the other ranger got into gear and sent out his pokemon to assist. "Basil, my Gogoat, can use bulldoze along the guidelines to strengthen the trench and Portobello-" his Breloom immediately began hopping up and down and smacking down embers alongside Aipom, "Well... he can do that. We could head to the river, but all I have to carry water is a tarp in my pack."

Aster facepalmed at the metronome suggestion. A smile shakily rose to his face as he tried to suppress laughter. Between gasps he managed to get out, "Sorry, sorry. Not a laughing matter but I never imagined I'd be in a situation like this. We're supposed to be the professionals here." He shook a few moments longer and then steadied himself. "Metronome should probably be our last resort, since it could also make things worse. For now, I'll have my Bellossom use sweet scent to draw wild pokemon away from any areas at immediate risk."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 14:20:30 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

ollie huffs. "what? i thought it was a good idea..." he mumbles, mostly to himself, but he supposes that the other has a point. what kind of catastrophe could one cause with a badly placed metronome?

[break][break] he nods at the other ranger and his slew of ideas, all of which seem excellent.

[break][break] "c'mon, mocha can give us a ride. he's pretty fast." just then, his wyrdeer materializes into air in front of them and ollie immediately climbs aboard, offering a hand to the ginger.

fire force
[break]

[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 19:14:17 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster whistles lowly, hands on his hips. "What a beaut he is. Thanks for your kind offer but, I travel only one way." He puts his fingers to his mouth and whistles again, this time loud and sharp. His Gogoat immediately abandons his task and trots over. "Ya see, Basil is the jealous type when it comes to transportation." The Gogoat huffs and Aster hops on his back. "We're working on that, ain't we, ya lil rascal?" He ruffled the pokemon's scruff with good natured force. "In any case, no time to spare. Race ya to the river?"

They reach the waterside in no time and Aster heads straight for the water, trying to gloss over their loss to save Basil's fragile pride. He's in the middle of talking rather loudly about how cool the river feels, come on, Basil, have a taste, when suddenly- he spots a shadow swimming at the base. An idea hits him like a sucker punch. The answer to all their problems lies before them. The excitement is a bit too much and all Aster can seem to do is point and stutter.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 2:40:43 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

his offer falls on empty air as declines his hand and instead pulls out of a pokemon on his own. green eyes shift as he looks towards the direction of the pokemon.

[break][break] the gogoat looks nearly majestic as it trots over to them both. the wind swept through the trees and the pokemon's coat, and the tall ginger climbed atop his mighty steed (which was about half the size of mocha).

[break][break] his gaze gleamed, sunlight catching through that vibrant green gaze.

[break][break] competition. if anyone knew oliver morales at all, they would know he loved competition.

[break][break] they break into a run almost immediately. is smarter than him, going directly for the river, but mocha is too proud. he wants to show-off. as the wind blasts through his fur, he makes leaps and bounds through the grassy plains, despite the fire that is cascading around them. it's only when aster begins to sputter and point that ollie bothers to stop him.

[break][break] and it's only to do the opposite.

[break][break] "god, that's perfect. mocha, let's go!"

[break][break] and so the wyrdeer does, LUNGING into the watery abyss.

fire force
[break]

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 18:12:23 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
OLLIE MORALES seemed to understand his vague gesturing and stuttering, and jumped into action without hesitation. Literally. Aster blinked as a splash follows the man and his majestic Wyrdeer and he couldn't help a stifled laugh of surprise. Thank Arceus, they were saved. A miracle in the shape of round water pokemon. He whooped and fist pumped as his fellow ranger approached the submerged Lanturn.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 4:11:54 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

after a little bit of struggle, ollie emerges from the riverside victorious.

[break][break] raising his arms in the air like simba, he has the wild LANTURN wriggling in his grip.

"c'mon little guy," he says, though it's impossible if he's talking to or the fish. "let's go!"

[break][break] it's only then that he looks at the redhead. "c'mon!"

fire force
[break]

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
TWO IDIOTS [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 2:30:17 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster took off without further prompting "Nice rangling," he shouted over to . He genuinely meant it even though a squirming Lanturn on the back of a majestic Wyrdeer was an entertaining sight he didn't think he'd ever forget.

Back at the fire, the pokemon left behind had made a significant effort in slowing the destruction. Aster turned to and the captive Lanturn.

"Hey lil buddy, 'm sorry if you we spooked ya. We mean no harm. As you can see," Aster gestured to the wall of red and orange and crumbling green, "It's a bit of an emergency." He put up a placating finger then fumbled around his pack, nearly dropping it, and pulled out a semi-squashed poke puff.

"A peace offering?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights