1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 16:18:32 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

“You could be here for an eternity, Alex, and still not be able to save everyone,” Memo said, murmuring into a crease in the front of Alex’s shirt. He squeezed him tighter, which was, itself, an impossibility. “That’s not on you.”

His love had a massive savior’s complex, he realized. If Alex’s big heart buoyed him up, then his survivor’s guilt was the eagle constantly picking at his liver. There was no winning.

“We are small, love. All of us. Not just you.”
It was a truth he needed to hear, though not spoken unkindly. He did laugh, though, when Alex brought up stubbornness because it really took one to know one, you know? “And we are also stubborn,” he agreed, a grin crossing his face, falling into a soft kiss pressed at the apex of Alex’s ribcage. “We do what we can, while we can. And as long as we’re trying our best…” he trailed off, peeling back, looking up at Alex, feeling the wetness of his own eyes.

“Let’s go back to bed?” he suggested, turning Alex in the direction of the bedroom doorway, pulling him with a gentle, but insistent, force.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 16:13:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You… you know how I want to… save as many people as… I can?” he began quietly, letting the other speak without interruption, without him cutting in.

“I… you’re… you’re right… I can’t save everyone…” he admitted with a sigh. “But… but I want to protect as many people… as I can…”

While it was already practically impossible to hug the other any closer than he already did, he refused to let go of Memo even though his long noodle arms were already wrapped around him as tightly as he could hang onto the other.

And it’s not until the other mentions returning to his room did he realize…

“Shit… we completely forgot about dinner!” he went on.

“Oh, alright.”

takes place the same day as ‘leave the light on’, basically: the aftermath

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 19:47:44 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“I know you do, love,” he said, smiling, trying to guide Alex out of this high-pressure zone, from the teetering edge of emotion, and back towards himself, back towards them. “But you can’t save everyone. No matter how hard you try. The important part is that you do try.”

He was constantly trying, Memo knew. It had to be exhausting, trying to protect everyone, everything under the sun, like a giant, patriarchal bird posing over his nest, sleepless and unyielding. But growing ever older. And soft, too. Alex was so soft. It was incredibly endearing.

“Well, dinner,” he allowed, gently leading Alex by the hands back towards the bedroom, “and also my selfish desire to cuddle some more?” He let his voice cant upwards, in hopeful suggestion. A polite question. And yet.

And yet he wanted to feel Alex around him again, like when they’d been sleeping. The gentle press of his back against Alex’s chest. The feeling of being eclipsed, like a private, lunar miracle. It would be so much easier to process these emotions lying down, together, now that his fight or flight response was not jackhammering in his skull.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 18:44:26 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I bet our food’s cold by now,” he began with an attempt at humor.

Yes, an attempt was made.

“But that’s nothing a microwave oven can’t handle, right?” he added a few moments later, finally allowing the other to lead him back to his own room, no less.

(See the huge irony there? Right in his own flat!)

“Food first, then I’ll see about the cuddling,” he remarked, just to be a tease.

(Oh, he just wanted to tease the other about the cuddling.)

At least, for now, the heavy thoughts had been banished, because boy was he hungry and—

The noise of a stomach rumbling made him stop and his ears turn red.

“Ah, shit, sorry! I wasn’t hoping for that to happen!” he stammered a few moments later.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 20:57:12 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“It’s fine, that’s why microwave exi--,” he said, at the same time as Alex, before breaking off into laughter. Same brain.

He let Alex go to clear off space on the bed, making sure they didn’t knock over any dishes or the tray, before clambering back onto the bed, crossing the blankets to take up Alex’s original spot away from the door.

“Of course,” Memo said, settling cross-legged on the blankets, “I made it for you.”

He found the bottle of vodka that Alex had abandoned and picked it up, frowning a bit at its lightness. It was also, much to his disappointment, unflavored. It made his head hurt just thinking about it.

Alex’s rumbling stomach knocked him out of his thoughts. “Are you ever not hungry?” he asked with a grin, voice earnest and endearing. He twisted the top off the bottle pinched his nose shut, and endeavored a taste.

He didn’t get much farther than the very tip of his tongue before he abort mission’ed. “Ugh, nope. God, it’s like rubbing alcohol. How do you do it?”
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 17:31:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What, is it wrong to be hungry?” he blinked as he resumed his previous position on the bed. He then watched with silent bemusement as Memo takes a grab at the bottle of vodka and tries a sip—

And then aborts mission the moment he takes a taste.

He couldn’t help but let out a chuckle.

“What, you don’t like the taste of unflavored vodka?”

Or unflavored alcoholic drinks in general? he added to himself in the back of his head before reaching for one of the by-now cold sloppy tacos.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 23:29:59 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

He heaved a breath, trying to get the horrendous taste out of his mouth. “No, love, of course not,” he said, still cringing. And then, again, squeezing his eyes shut and offering the bottle back to Alex, “no, love, of course not.”

He’d slung back his fair share of nasty shit, in the day. Always with chaser, usually. He was a big pansy when it came to taste and flavor, which was odd, given his affinity for onion. Or maybe not. Maybe it left his tastebuds rather raw.

But, no, Memo liked sweetness. Cloyingly sweet. He also had a surprisingly low alcohol tolerance and probably could be drunk under the table by an infant.

“Is that how you prefer it?” he asked, face still a half-wince. “Just… just straight?”

Yeck.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 18:24:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah. Straight’s how I prefer my vodka, most of the time. Unless someone wants a fruity cocktail, then I usually serve it as it is, on the rocks, or shaken—stirred, whatever variation you can think of.”

Don’t get him started on tequila—he was one of those brave souls who didn’t need a hit of lemon to dampen the taste. He still needed a pinch of salt from time to time though, because of the burn.

And then, from out of nowhere, a question.

“Why, what is your favorite drink, anyway?” he inquired as he took another drink straight from the bottle—not realizing that what he basically did was an indirect kiss with the other man as he belatedly realized that the other had taken a swig from the bottle and not from a shot glass.

Haha, nice. Now he’s turning red again!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 21:31:00 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“That is--,” Memo stopped himself, thinking of a better way to say probably the most disgusting thing I’ve heard in my life, and ended up with, “probably the bravest thing I’ve heard in my life.”

He could, when threatened, drink just about anything. He had done so, many times in the past, to get through… encounters. Experiences. It was easier to float out of your own head when you were drunk. Easier to ignore the pain, the risks.

But he didn’t enjoy it.

“Oh, I’m--,” easy, he was going to say, but then Alex took a pull off the same bottle and started turning red and just looked too damn cute; he didn’t know if it was the influx of emotions for the evening or what, but when Alex moved the bottle away from his face Memo leaned forward (making sure not to knock over any of the plates or the tray) and, braced on one wrist, gently brushed his lips against Alex’s, not caring that he was going to taste astringent-sharp.

His nose brushed against Alex’s cheek. “You’re very cute when you blush.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 22:19:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Bravest? It’s like drinking water for me at this point.”

Well, looks like one of the secrets was out—your soon-to-be boyfriend may secretly be a drunkard, but he can hold his alcohol well.

However he wasn’t prepared for his world to go upside-down the moment he moved the bottle away—and was met with a literal faceful of Memo, right up there, close and personal.

There went the fire alarm ears again! And his face!

The moment their lips connected—well, more like connected teasingly, it was all bets off.

Moment he was sure he’d put the bottle aside, he didn’t know what was making him do it, or what driving force compelled him to do something so bold, but his free hands suddenly cupped the other’s face and he just—

Went in for the kill with a kiss of his own.

And mind, it wasn’t one of those light, chaste, soft uwu-worthy kisses, it was—

Haha.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 22:31:00 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

He makes a tiny aborted noise of surprise when he feels Alex’s hands on his face because up until now it’s been him, mostly, doing all of the touching, the initiating. And it’s been tortuous, to feel like the only one who is burning up with all these emotions and all this love and all this need. And he gets, he totally understands, that Alex’s experiences have been different and once bitten, twice shy, and all that, but he’s--

--totally unprepared for the fervor with which Alex kisses back, totally unexpected and totally welcome. Guillermo at least has the werewithal to stack dishes and plates and shove them aside before his eyes fall closed and he all-but-crawls into Alex’s lap, embarrassingly warm and needy as his knees hit the bed on the outside of Alex’s thighs.

Alex tastes clean, like vodka, and warm and soft and everything.

He tilts his head, one hand coming up to hover over the curve of Alex’s cheek, the other pressed into his own thigh to stop it from wandering or doing something stupid. He wants to touch, wants to feel, wants to push and move, and-- he parts his lips with an absolutely humiliating moan because yes, this is what he’s wanted, this is what he’s needed, for weeks, now, holy shit.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 22:47:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Was it the vodka driving him at this point?

Nope, he was absolutely sure it wasn’t the ‘drink of courage’ that had compelled him to do that.

He hears the clinking noise of dishes being shoved aside somewhere (he doesn’t see where they end up because he’s busy at the moment) just… devouring kissing the ever-living daylights out of the other.

He hears—actually feels the moan right in his mouth, and that only compels him to kiss the other even deeper, never mind if the other had actually swiveled himself to be on his lap and—

For a few moments, the world falls away as he loses himself in the sensation, never mind if he’s already falling over backwards onto the softness of the bed and basically just letting the other come crashing down along with him, still locked in that fight for dominance search for stability he’d been craving for so, so long—

Damn it.

Was this all it took for the walls of the ‘garden’ to come crashing down, crumbling apart?

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 23:02:35 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

He’s falling forward as Alex goes back, onto the pillows, entirely too warm and hungry. And it’s embarrassing, a bit, to be sooo worked up after a makeout sesh that’s lasted all of forty-five seconds.

But god, he’s needy. He’s wanted this since, like, their first date; and Alex is actually, actively kissing him back, not just laying there and letting it happen, which seems like a good indicator that he’s into this, too, right? Memo relaxes a little, hand previously pressed to his thigh coming up to slip fingers into Alex’s hair, let the softness flow through his fingers; the other hand brushes the backs of his knuckles against Alex’s cheek, fingertips over the edge of his jaw, the white span of his throat.

HOLD UP, PARDNER

PROBOARDS CAME TO MY HOUSE AND KICKED ME IN THE THROAT

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 0:03:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I knew you’d like that.”

Those were the first words out of his mouth—oh, what a mcfucking tease—before he looked up at the other, breathless and dizzy after the sensory overload passed.

“But I know you want more.”

He didn’t know how long they’d been at it like horny teenagers, but… well, he’d really gotten himself into it, huh?

Just—riding on the wellspring of emotions that were being held back by that walled garden, he looked over at the other, who he was pretty sure was going through the entire five stages of grief mirth all at once because he, he had decided to take initiative.

“Wasn’t that what you were waiting for?”

(What a tease!)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 18:33:23 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Mmm,” he hummed, sleepy, against Alex’s chest. “I would have waited longer. For you.” His voice was raw. He traced a lazy line between the darkening marks on Alex’s stomach, chest, collarbones.

I would do anything for you.