1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 4:23:49 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

There was a pitched moment of sheer panic where all of Memo’s instincts to run kicked in; it was during Alex’s contemplative silence and it took every fibre of Memo’s being to remain there, curled up on Alex’s chest, body strumming like a livewire, stock-still like a rabbit on the run.

Then Alex says what he says and Memo can only stare.

"I--," he squeaked, not believing, "how-- how are you not disgusted by me?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 4:37:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You forget: I’ve been a bartender for six, almost seven years. I’ve heard a lot of stories, some similar to yours. Most of the people who get shitfaced drunk at the bar only really start sharing after a few, and I usually tell them this.”

It's here he takes a moment to pause, before reiterating what he said earlier.

“Whatever happened to you, before you arrived at this place, in the here and now—it doesn’t change who you really are, deep down inside. Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes these mistakes when left unchecked, tend to get the better of you. However, though… would you let one mistake—or a series of rashly-made decisions, for that matter—weigh you down for the rest of your life? It’s like you’re lying to yourself when you only show one side of what makes you, you.”

This was the sagest advice he would always lay on thick for the drunk patrons—however in Memo’s case, it would be much different…

“Mistakes don’t define who you are, lapushka, remember that. Mistakes don’t necessarily make up the biggest part of who you are. It’s just a part of who you really are, that you can look back on, that you can draw strength from—and knowledge on what not to do in the future.”

takes place the same day as ‘leave the light on’, basically: the aftermath

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 18:16:04 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Memo honestly didn't know what he expected. Recoil, perhaps. Scorn, definitely. A request to get out and never be seen again, at his darkest. But Alex simply takes it all in and passes it by.

His eyes go a little wide and dreamy because he's just spouted his whole truth, everything about him, and Alex just... took it, unbothered. He didn't seem to care that Memo was essentially, at one point, a prostitute.

"I--," he says, voice choked up and full of emotion, "I-- don't think I deserve you, holy shit. Can I kiss you again?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:13:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I already told you, lapushka, mistakes are just one part of who you really are. It’s not the be-all, end-all solution to everything,” he hummed sagely, letting his arms rest on the other’s back.

“Although I will have to ask, and just to be on the safe side, you understand—you’ve gotten yourself tested ever since?” he inquired, hoping that nothing too bad had overtaken him in those years. The ‘dark’ years, as he quietly called them.

It… well, he made it a point to at least ask his exes about that, and getting the reassurance that they weren’t lying—he just wanted to make sure they were both safe, for their own benefit.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:29:16 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

He felt incredibly small, warm, and safe, in that moment, cradled in the crescent moon canyon of Alex’s chest, his arms. Small, warm, safe, and, for the first time in many years, light.

“Yeah,” he said, earnest and honest and sincere, “yeah, of course. I used to-- regularly, because, you know. But I got tested just before I left Alola. And I haven’t. Well, I haven’t done anything in a long time, but especially not since.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:35:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I just wanted to make sure, because…” he trailed off, letting out a thoughtful hum.

“You know how it is with those things… put that together with my blood and it’s practically a recipe for disaster,” he added quietly.

Of this he was certain. He wasn’t that dumb or careless.

His arms continued to rest across the other’s back, wrapped around him in a comforting cocoon of warmth, safety, of understanding

“Just…just to be absolutely sure, can you get tested this time too?” he asked of the other.

It was a simple request, after all.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:45:03 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Yeah, no, I get it.”

It wasn’t an attack or an insult. Given his (now very obvious) sordid past, it was a valid concern.

Memo frowned against Alex’s chest. “I wouldn’t-- have done anything stupid like that. I wouldn’t have even kissed you without telling you, first.” Passion wormed its way into his voice and his heart clenched. “I wouldn’t do anything that would put you in danger.”

He tilted his head to look up at Alex with a small smile. “Yeah, of course I will. Anything.”

Anything he wants, to make him happy. To keep him safe. To keep him here.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:56:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Thank you,” he hummed quietly as his hands were on the move again, trailing quiet, random patterns across the other’s back as Memo looked up at him once more.

“I just… you know. Want to be sure we’re both safe,” he continued as his own fingers were now running across the other man’s back, tracing nonsensical little paths across it. Swirls, lines, little stops—for a few moments he’s tracing his name as it’s written in his mother language across the other’s back, before another soft grin came across his face.

“Don’t…mind what I’m doing, my fingers just… wandered away from me.”

But then again, he guessed, that there was something else in the air… he had a feeling he would be put on the spotlight too. Eventually.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 2:15:24 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Of course,” he said, relaxing once more into the moment, the warmth and safety and comfort. There was nothing he wouldn’t do for Alex-- literally nothing. Ask anything of him, and he would give willingly.

“Of course,” he said again, voice slurring slightly with sleep. His eyelids droop, and as Alex tickles along his back, he shivers, goosebumps rising on the skin of his shoulders.

“You can keep going,” he mumbled, smiling, loose, “it feels nice.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 5:53:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I mean… if you want…” he hummed nonchalantly, letting his fingers wander around the other man’s body quietly.

“…I can get myself tested along with you. As insurance, too. I mean, I did ask you to get tested, should only be fair I do the same to show I have nothing to hide.”

He couldn’t help himself as his fingers continued to trace nonsensical patterns across Memo’s exposed skin.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 13:12:22 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

He shivered again. That felt very nice.

"You have to to to the doctor anyway,” he mumbled, drowsy-drunk and thinking, “for your maintenance.”

His brain was grasping at straws, slightly, but he’s not letting this bit go. Because now they’d done this, they’d crossed a bridge, he felt a little more solid suggesting this.

Now he had it he wasn’t going to lose it. Wasn't going to lose Alex.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 13:36:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His fingers were wandering along somewhere near the lower regions of Memo’s back when they came to an unexpected halt.

A few of his fingers had stopped, poised on their tips, before this… this chill passed through him.

“Memo,” he began quietly. Oh great, was it his turn now to be spotlit?

“There…there’s a reason…why…I didn’t do maintenance. For… for the past… eleven years.”

The next words died on his lips, his fingers were still locked in that frozen, quiet position.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 14:28:36 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Alex’s fingers, feeling so nice trailing down the span of his spine, pause. Memo shivers in the absence of their movement.

“Yeah, probably,” he says, unbothered, “but you need to stay healthy.” He splays his hand over the pale skin of Alex’s chest, strumming his collarbone with his thumb. “You started eating vegetables again, you can do this.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 14:49:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It’s expensive,” he hissed, fingers still frozen where he’d left them.

“I’ve been… I’ve been careful. Well, as careful as I can be, anyway.”

But how much further could he go while avoiding it?

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 14:57:31 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“That’s fine,” he says, unbothered. “I have a job. You have a job. We can make it work.”

They would because they had to.

He looked up at Alex, nestled against his chest.

“I love you, but this isn’t negotiable.”