Zero

NoNo
He/Him
September 23rd
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Sous-Chef
Cadet
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
182 posts
Noah Camus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noahcamus
Noah Camus
All birds, no bees! [c,m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 9:59:38 GMT
Noah Camus Avatar

THIS COULD BE DAY, I DIE FOR YOU

What do you see before it's over? - Blinding flashes getting closer

[attr="class","leprosearlo"]
Early morning, the sun was already beaming up and heating everything on it's way, it made full sense since today Noah had found himself working on the coastal city of Lilycove. One of the most charming towns he had the pleasure of visiting but unfortunately for him it wasn't for leisure, he had a job to do and that job was going to have to be under the burning sun. "If only I knew I would have bought an ice cream instead." The young ranger would complain to himself while eating a sandwich he had prepared for himself as a snack for the trip.

Noah had been called all this way about some troubles with flying type pokemon nesting in power lines, it was a troublesome thing and something that was very common to deal with but still rather bothersome when some flying pokemon were three times bigger than he was, not to say that most of them didn't particularly like being moved around. Luckily for him he wasn't to do this on his own, he was he here to meet with a superior officer, he guessed he was more here to help and learn than really do anything else, a lesson some would even call it.

Calmly waiting for his partner for the day, taking bites of his sandwich and enjoying the nice breeze that would often come from the sea, making the heat bearable for the most part. "Maybe I should come visit when I'm free." Talking out loud while day dreaming about checking out all the places that offered food and ending the day by chilling by the beach, imagination taking him far from the reality that he was about to face with the flying types.

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"]Outfit

[attr="class","leprosearlo"]NOTES GO HERE.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#9d1a3a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#9d1a3a;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 10:25:21 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Flying types nesting in the powerlines? Definitely a problem. Did it warrant two rangers? Definitely not. Yet, Elinor had accepted the task given to her. Knowing full well that it would be made more difficult by the presence of what seemed to be a rather new Ranger.

She relished the challenge, however, anything to improve the Rangers. And so she found herself heading to their meeting location. Dressed to sparkling perfection in the Ranger uniform. Red Armband and badge resting securely on her right arm.

Though she didn’t walk alone, even if that was not obvious. A little further above her two flying Pokémon followed her. One a big majestic flaming bird flew, alongside a smaller more ruffled-looking predatory bird (Talonflame and Rufflet.) They both were keeping an eye out for any potential dangers near their trainer.

It didn’t take long before her eyes befell upon a friendly-looking young lad with a sandwich. She carefreely approached him, since he seemed to be waiting for someone or something, and said with a smile upon her lips and a friendly tone to her voice. “Hi. Would you perhaps be the other Ranger that has been assigned to take care of the issue with the nesting Flying-types around here?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Zero

NoNo
He/Him
September 23rd
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Sous-Chef
Cadet
awards
182 posts
Noah Camus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noahcamus
Noah Camus
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2022 7:37:41 GMT
Noah Camus Avatar

Still reveling at the scenery and munching on his sandwich the boy would enjoy his peaceful time while it lasted. Not one job he had been pure peace, he enjoyed it though, none of the problems had been serious or dangerous at all. If anything it had been problems that ended up being comedic or enjoyable so he did revel in his work.

Taking the last bite from his sandwich he would snap back to reality as a unknown voice hit his ears. "Hi. Would you perhaps be the other Ranger that has been assigned to take care of the issue with the nesting Flying-types around here?” Quickly cleaning up any crumbs he had on his face or clothes the boy would shuffle to a ready position. "Yes yes yes! Of course! Me. I'm the Ranger. Are you the Ranger? Captain? Officer? I'm bad at this... I'm Noah by the way." He would reach out with his hand as a greeting.

Now realizing that behind the approaching girl in the sky there were two flying pokemon, he assumed they were hers since they also kind of stopped where they were at. Very intimidating to say the least but also very respectable, this Ranger in front of him was cool as fuck and he was slowly getting more hyped about working along with her. "I was indeed sent here to deal with nesting pokemon. Hopefully not those ones, they look scary." He would say looking up at her two travel companions. He was so bad at this.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#9d1a3a;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2022 7:55:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor was a bit baffled by his reaction. She hadn’t tried to appear silently. Yet it sure sounded like he had been surprised by her appearance. “Be at ease. I am not a Captain. I am but a humble Cadet.” She informed him as she took his hand, giving it a firm shake.

“Excellent!” She replied, then turned to follow his gaze. She smiled. “Oh, those. Don’t worry, they are with me.” She assured the man.

Having found their quarry, the two Pokémon flying above Elinor began their descent until they landed by her side. The Talonflame gave a happy bird greeting. However, the Rufflet seemed more unimpressed by the guy, greeting him, but only because the Talonflame smacked it in the back of the head with its wing, to remind him to be polite.

“Before we begin, if you don’t mind me asking. How long have you been a Ranger?” Elinor inquired. The way he reacted to her, suggested he was no more than a Rookie. But didn’t seem right to her. Surely they wouldn’t assign a Cadet like her to training duties.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Zero

NoNo
He/Him
September 23rd
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Sous-Chef
Cadet
awards
182 posts
Noah Camus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noahcamus
Noah Camus
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 6:42:51 GMT
Noah Camus Avatar

Noah took a deep breath and started to breath a little easier once he was told to be at ease, it also felt a lot better knowing that the female Ranger in front of him was pretty much the same rank as him. Likely just a seniority thing since Noah himself was not exactly new to being a Ranger but he was very new with working with others, he had been grown accustomed to going on missions with only one other person. "You also caught me off guard. Day dreaming is an issue of mine when I'm left alone for too long." He would scratch his head while remembering the many times he got in trouble because of it.

"They look awesome!" He would say as the two pokemon would join their owner for a greeting. He didn't have any flying pokemon himself but he always thought that they were one of the most majestic types out there, along with dragons. Those being the types he had been used to dealing with his derpy Dreepy that he's been trying to train for quite a while now.

"Oh. Compared to a lot of Rangers I guess I would be pretty much a new addition. About a year more or less. I'm just not really used to being out of my safe zone." He was pretty baby as a lot of his peers would say. Hardly traveled and weathered, no strange stories or dangerous situations of noteworthy and only one other person that he had shared those stories with so from a 0 to 10 on experience he would score himself at a very high 1. Despite having that 1 year as ranger he had nothing to show for it, one of the reasons he was excited about a job at a new and fresh town.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 7:15:10 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor listened. Her smile kept up at various stages of friendliness as he explained his unfortunate habit. “Well, as long as you don’t start daydreaming during the job.” She commented mischievously. Figuring or rather hoping that there would be no danger of that.

The two Bird Pokémon puffed up with pride as they were complimented. The Rufflet more so than the Talonflame who was more accustomed to such compliments. The Rufflet’s perception of the man was quickly changing

Their conversation then moved on to his experience. And she was mildly surprised that he had officially been a Ranger for about as long as her if she didn’t take into account the time she had spent being exempt from duty. Though her face did not betray her surprise. She figured there was no reason to make him question her seniority. “Ah, I am glad that you aren’t a complete Rookie,” Elinor stated, though it might’ve been a bit harsh her voice still carried the friendliness of before.

She turned to look at the Powerlines nearby, seeing several nests along them. “As you know, we are going to be evicting some Pokémon from their homes today. I am sure they aren’t going to appreciate it.” Elinor stated. “So, can I rely on you to have my back?” She asked just as she turned her attention back to the young man.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Zero

NoNo
He/Him
September 23rd
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Sous-Chef
Cadet
awards
182 posts
Noah Camus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noahcamus
Noah Camus
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 1:33:03 GMT
Noah Camus Avatar

"Oh no no! Don't worry. As long as I have something to do it should be all good. I guess in a way I just like having something running in my mind, you know?" That was very much a rhetorical question, just a small way for them to connect and maybe grow some trust is some small way. Truthfully trust was a big requirement for being a Ranger but he didn't think trust could fully be developed between two individuals within one mission. Something that Noah did trust though was the vow and the responsibility someone took whenever they became Rangers.

Whenever Elinor looked towards the power lines he couldn't help but do the same. "I've heard the legends of pokemon not wanting to be moved." He would say with a small chuckle. "So how do exactly do this? Wouldn't the easiest way to get rid of them be capturing the pokemon, moving the pokemon's nest and releasing them?" He really did not know how to go about this. He had his pokemon on him if they got in trouble with the wildlife.

His oldest pokemon partner was a Rock type so he wouldn't be exactly worried about the birds fighting back and he clearly had someone who had vast knowledge of flying types with him right now so being worried about his own safety wasn't priority at all. The one thing he was worried about was the actual pokemon they had to relocate, he didn't want to just get rid of the nests and let them to the whims of nature.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 10:31:04 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

At least she didn’t have to worry about absentmindedness or so he claimed. Elinor felt a small itch of skepticism but figured she shouldn’t voice it. Instead, she allowed the conversation to move toward their mission.

She gave a small chuckle at his joke. Before she listened to his question and follow-up suggestion. She then gave him an acknowledging nod. “That is one way to do it. However, it is stressful and potentially traumatic to the Pokémon, especially if they are with children.” Elinor stated. Her eyes followed the powerlines, noticing the different trends in nest make-up which suggested at least more than one species of flying-type Pokémon called these powerlines their home.

“Not to mention that trying to capture them would end in a battle, and wild Pokémon are not known to take damage to human property into account.” She reminded him. She didn’t want to foot the bill for destroyed powerlines anytime soon. “Honestly our best bet is simply to convince them to move elsewhere. But that can take a while." She sighed at the prospect of that before she turned to Noah and asked. "I do not suppose that you are in a hurry, are you?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Zero

NoNo
He/Him
September 23rd
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Sous-Chef
Cadet
awards
182 posts
Noah Camus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noahcamus
Noah Camus
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 10:10:06 GMT
Noah Camus Avatar

Noah would listen to his peer's answer to his question about capturing the pokemon and releasing them in a different area. What she said was accurate enough for him to not even try and argue with her there. "I did assume that if they are with children trying to move them would lead to a battle regardless, wouldn't it?" Noah would state looking towards the many nests that lay in front of them, of various sizes and likely different pokemon.

"I doubt we could simply talk to them and they would pack up and leave. You think we would have to entice them with food somehow? those power lines are probably already safe enough for them to not want to leave in general." The only thing he could think of was trying to lure them out of there somehow, like a bait and switch in a way. This was turning out to be more puzzling than troublesome, he wondered how they had dealt with this problem in the past years or so because there was no way this was a new problem.

Now turning back towards his partner. "I got all the time in the world!" He would say with a confident smile. He had nowhere else to be at this point and nothing else important to do, he wanted to see this job done as cleanly and humane as possible so time was something he'd gladly sacrifice. "Well, actually. The only thing I would ask for is a lunch break." The Ranger would say with a chuckle. He wanted to try out the famous foods from Lilycove and this seemed like a fitting opportunity.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 19:24:47 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

It sounded like Noah had a good head on his shoulders, quickly he found flaws in her statement. She gave him a nod. “Indeed, it most likely would.” She acknowledged his analysis. Though she prayed the nests were without children since it would only complicate matters considerably.

“True, talking to them isn’t likely to convince them, though it’s not impossible. That’s why I brought Fletch and Ruff here.” She gestured for the two birds. The Talonflame nodded in acknowledgment, and the Rufflet soon followed after a quick jab from the Talonflame. “But yeah, enticing them with food is my primary idea. I just wonder if I have enough, but I suppose we can fetch more if it becomes necessary.” She retrieved a small pouch filled with cubes of high-quality Pokémon snacks, from one of the large pockets on her uniform.

She gave him a small chuckle. “Lunch break?” She pretended to sound offended by the mere notion of it. But she didn’t keep the façade for long. “I am sure we can find some time for that.” She finally started with a small acknowledging nod.

She turned her attention to the first nest nearby. “Well, if you are ready. I suppose we should get started.” She waited for him to answer. Just in case he had some preparations to do before they began.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Zero

NoNo
He/Him
September 23rd
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Sous-Chef
Cadet
awards
182 posts
Noah Camus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noahcamus
Noah Camus
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 6:00:31 GMT
Noah Camus Avatar

So there was like a 80% chance that they would have to fight at least one pokemon, which was very unfortunate. Noah was never a fan of putting pokemon into dangerous scenarios even if it was a controlled environment like a battle between a trained pokemon and a wild pokemon. "I see. so a battle is most likely inevitable." The number of nests only making that percentage higher and higher. But thankfully what Elinor said was true too. They had the two birds with them that be their trump card on getting some of the pokemon to move peacefully, especially if any of the nesting birds were of the same species as the two.

"True. The two will be a viable secret weapon for our plans today!" Noah would say happily towards the two birds, the amazing duo. Thankfully to follow up on Elinor's plans, the boy himself also had some pokemon snacks, granted that was for his own pokemon but he wouldn't say that. "He hey! if the pokemon get to eat something we should too. It's only fair." He would say joining her on the joke. "Well my family owns a restaurant so it would be nice for me to bring something back for them." He didn't have to explain his reasoning but he also didn't want her thinking he just wanted to laze around and eat.

"But yes!" He would clap both of his hands together. "Back to business." Noah would reach out and grab one of his pokeballs to let out his Tyranitar. "We're gonna have some work to do big boy!" Noah would say patting the pokemon in it's back. "He should be help enough for now. So how do we begin?" Noah was now hyped and looking forward to finally get some action going.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 6:26:00 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

He had the right of it. A battle was going to happen today, but if they were lucky maybe it would be a short one. A follow-up conversation about food, and the summoning of a Tyranitar later. It seemed they were about ready to begin.

By this time rustling in the nest, nearest to them had become apparent. The head of a Skarmory peeking out from over the sides from time to time watching them carefully. “Well, I will start with this one -" She said as she pointed to the nest with the Skarmory in. "- While I do that, I want you to check the other nests, and see if anyone one of them has already been abandoned. If there are any abandoned nests, please take them down as carefully as you can.” Elinor paused as her eyes gazed down the powerlines.

“I am pretty sure they are all watching us, so maybe if they see us being careful with a nest, then maybe they will feel more inclined to go peacefully,” Elinor suggested, probably giving them more credit than she should.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Zero

NoNo
He/Him
September 23rd
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Sous-Chef
Cadet
awards
182 posts
Noah Camus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noahcamus
Noah Camus
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 8:06:24 GMT
Noah Camus Avatar

Tyranitar had been the pokemon that grew up with Noah, it was his precious big boy and honestly the only pokemon that Noah had that would be combat ready. Thankfully he knew that his pokemon was raised well enough that he became a gentle giant. He was also happy that he had a tall pokemon to help them otherwise he would have some problems with heights, but hey he was not going to mention that right now or back down in front of Elinor.

"Yeah yeah. I'll move on to this next one right here. Yup! This one. Mhmm. This power line right here and this power pole with the nest." Noah would say looking up at the other pole in front of him. Slowly climbing up the power pole and having his Tyranitar kind of reach out towards him in case he ended up falling. Making sure to not look down at all he would peek into the nest to notice the nest was empty, that made him quite happy. Taking a breath of relief he would look towards Elinor. "This one is empty!" Malik would then start to carefully undo the parts that were actually connecting it to the power pole.

"Hold on to this carefully. Titan." Noah would reach the nest towards his pokemon and give it to him. Making sure to take one step down at a time to get back to the ground safely. Once the Ranger had reached the safety of the floor he would once again communicate to Elinor. "That wasn't as hard as I expected hahahaaaaaaaa. Phew. So where should we leave the empty nests?" He was sure if the nests had been abandoned they wouldn't be reusable but he didn't just want to get rid of it just in case.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 13:18:04 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

While Noah went onto the next nest as instructed. Elinor looked to the nest that she stood in front of. That sure is high up. She gulped. She might’ve talked a big game, but now was the time to collect on those words.

She looked towards her Pokémon. They both nodded and with a few beats of their wings they soared up high until they reached the nest. The Skarmory inside raised its wings in the protection of its chicks as the two birds reached it. From there the chirping and screeching of birds began.

From where Elinor stood, she was not able to decide whether they were convincing the Skarmory or arguing with it. But after a while, it died down. The Metallic wings of the large bird spread out from the nest, as it jumped onto one side of the nest.

The Talonflame and Rufflet each grabbed another side of the nest. And then the three birds began to flap their wings, lifting the nest off of the powerline pole, small sticks and weathers gently falling off, though it stayed otherwise whole. Then they flew towards a tree nearby, where they placed the nest.

Not long after that display. The Talonflame returned to her, stretching one of its talons out as if expecting some form of payment. Elinor quickly gave it some of the snacks she had shown earlier before it flew off again to the Skarmory who kindly accepted the payment before letting the Rufflet and Talonflame leave.

It was around this time that Noah claimed her attention with a question. She turned to him while the birds continued to the next available nest. “That’s a good question. Let’s see how many there are before we decide on anything.” Elinor suggested. If there were only a few, then they could just place them in a nearby tree, but if there were too many. They would have to get rid of it.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Zero

NoNo
He/Him
September 23rd
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Sous-Chef
Cadet
awards
182 posts
Noah Camus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noahcamus
Noah Camus
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 3:16:46 GMT
Noah Camus Avatar

So far so good but the work had pretty much just began for the two Rangers. Once they did begin and their first try was successful it made Noah feel much more comfortable and confident with what they were doing, something to do with seeing Elinor work also gave him muse to try his hardest and help out those flying types find a new safe home and hopefully not get his eyeballs plucked by a Pidgey, what a horrible way to go and Elinor would have to be the one to call it in. Never mind he was starting to get slightly anxious again.

Seeing that Elinor also didn't know what to do with the left over nests, Noah would point towards a safe looking corner away from any traffic. "Put the nest over there, Titan." Noah himself would move towards the next pole and look upwards as if he was waiting for a miracle to happen and he wouldn't have to climb up. Alas he had to to go up and check the nest. Titan once again would stand under Noah waiting for any slip ups just in case.

Once Noah had slowly and shakily made his way up tot the nest he would slowly peek his head up to check the contents of the nest itself. Looking over the twigs and branches the two gleaming green eyes would witness something spectacular. Three little Pidgeys would instantly start chirping at him, shell shards still around the nest. "Uuuuuuuuuh Elinor! I think we have a problem here." Noah would try to look for his fellow Ranger from up there. "There's three little ones here and no adult in sight... You think if we move the nest the parents will be able to find them again?" It would be an awful thing if they moved the nest but the little ones ended up getting lost from it's parents.

[googlefont=Oswald]