TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Ghost of Summers Past [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 2:02:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Near the base of eerie Mount Pyre, waves wash over the shore, bringing along the cool ocean breeze and the scent of the sea. In the heat of the tropical region’s summer, it results to be refreshing, and although Mars had plans to climb up the mountain as he so often does, today is the sort of day when he decides to put that off until sunlight fades and the temperatures lower.
[break][break]
Perhaps if only for the sake of his companion.
[break][break]
”Lovely, isn’t it? Hard to think this place is also full of ghosts.” They come down from the mountain, as Mars has become well aware giving all the time he has spent exploring Mt. Pyre. Ghosts do, and Psychic types too; meaning that there’s a chance to potentially find Unown in this place. Hopefully. Maybe.
[break][break]
Of course, he could search alone, but bringing Team Rocket members along during these walks of his has become somewhat commonplace, since it’s a good way to get to know them. As always, Mars likes to use his time efficiently.
[break][break]
”Tell me, Nightingale, what is it you do?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]

Psychic/Ghost ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
in the low lamp light i was free / heaven and hell were words to me
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 15:06:52 GMT
thomas nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

When you walk with a limp and generally have the respiratory health of an industrial revolution factory, mountain climbing is, most definitely, not on the list of recommended pastimes-- even if the doctors do want him to get out for his daily allotted exercise. It is ordinarily advised he go for a short walk or, at the very extreme, ride a bike.

But he’s never been good at listening to the advice of those perceived to be his betters in any subject, and if it so happens to kill him one day, they’ll get exactly one ‘I told him so’ before his ghost drives them to an equally early grave.

“Ah, but I like to think there are ghosts everywhere,” he responds, youthful pertness in his voice, “should one know where to look. They could hardly detract from the beauty of a place. If anything, they make it more wondrous.” He is, of course, speaking of ghosts in the figurative-- the remnants of bygone souls, and moreso, motions, actions, words, energies. Not the physical kind of ghost that becomes a Duskull or Shuppet.

A blast of sea air ruffled his suit coat and set his artfully messy hair almost looking in order. In the light of the setting sun, the shadows playing over his face hide the bags and lines, and it makes him look boyish, if for a brief moment.

“Why, Mr. Del Mar,” he says, fixing Mars with a genuine smile, leaning forward on his cane with both hands wrapped around the head, “I am that most dangerous of creatures: a romantic.”

He winks, then presses on. And here he is a true oddity, for all his youth, the refinement of his upbringing canting him in a particularly older light. He’s not old, not by a long shot, but a life of sickness and branding as a creature of fragility has left him somewhat in opposition of what others have come to see him as.

“I was a professor of literature and philosophy, back home,” he says, letting his voice carry on the wind. “I suppose I still am, if simply without tenure.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5a4162; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5a4162; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5a4162; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 6:42:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRIFLOON APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLARE BOOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPIT UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MINIMIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWALLOW
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DELPHOX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FUTURE SIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MYSTICAL FIRE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 2:19:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Ghosts.
[break][break]
Like those that haunt him. Like the remnants of a long gone past. Like the memories of those now gone that arise with even the slightest of stimuli. Like the literal ghosts all around them, such as the Drifloon that appears as if a balloon caught in a branch…
[break][break]
”True, I suppose you could argue that everyone has ghosts that are constantly with them, but we both know that wasn’t the point.” He smirks at the professor, amused, and stepping close to the tree, he carefully attempts to untangle the string-like arms of the poor Drifloon.
[break][break]
When hearing the response that comes in the company of a wink, there’s a chuckle, amber eyes watching for a short moment.
[break][break]
”Romantic fields of study indeed, huh? Although it could be argued that anything can be.” The Drifloon offers little resistance, and soon enough, Mars ends up holding it as if it truly were a balloon. There’s a faint smile at his lips, his free hand reaching for a Luxury Ball. ”Sounds like a huge change in profession. How are you liking it?”

[break][break]

notes

[break]

Catching DRIFLOON ♡

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 0:08:37 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Nightingale smiles into the breeze and pretends that he and Mars are untouched. That they don’t have demons lingering just beyond the shadows of their eyelids. Through experience, he knows one can pretend a lot of things in life. In fact, you can pretend so well, that you start to believe your own deceit.

“We’re all actors,” he says, “playing whatever part is needed to make it through the day. Sometimes, that part is to be the haunted.” That grin again, as he watches Mars untangle the Drifloon from its branch, with nimble hands and measured patience. “Eventually, that part will be the hauntee.”

There would have been no Hamlet, if not for ghosts. No Peter Grant, either-- but that’s a bit too meta for the here and now, he supposes.

A Delphox appears, nearby, in a swirl of autumnal fur, out of place in the golden summer splendor. She raises a paw as though to take aim at them, then stumbles forward as a burst of dark energy explodes against the small of her back, bringing her to her knees. Nightingale produces a Pokeball and tosses it with a flick of his wrist. It bounces off the Delphox’s citrine head, pulling it inside.

His Mismagius materializes over it, lifting it in a faint purple psychic haze, and bringing it over to him, so he needn’t stress himself. “Thank you, Helena.”

He’s pretending right now. Pretending his chest is not tight and his lungs do not ache. He is going through the motions of a normal existence, and he is doing it passably, if not extremely, well.

“I find it suiting,” he says, attention brought back to Mars. “It was time, as you say, for a change. Books and dishes may not tire of being shelved, but I certainly do.”

| catch attempt delphox
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5a4162; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5a4162; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5a4162; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 2:56:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LITWICK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLASH FIRE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SHADE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GRUMPIG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GLUTTONY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER GEM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSE RAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYWAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ODOR SLEUTH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 1:34:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Ha. Not sure if there’s anyone I’d consider worth haunting.” He jokes, laughing lightly. ”By the time I die, all my enemies will be dead.” The thought crosses his mind then, full of the assurance of someone who has plans to make it happen. By the time I die. Is that his schedule? His literal deadline? Hopefully not. Hopefully he’ll be able to enjoy true freedom for some time. What’s the point if not? It would just be revenge and nothing more.
[break][break]
The thoughts are grim, dark, and unwelcomed, so he tries to focus on other things: on the mountain, the sight of the ocean, the scent of evergreens, the warmth of the sun, and even .
[break][break]
Nightingale who talks about change.
[break][break]
He has a point, doesn’t he?
[break][break]
”I have always found that change can either be extremely good or extremely bad. I’m glad to hear that this seems to be the former in your case.” Team Rocket wants to bring change to Hoenn, and Mars would like to believe that it truly will be for the best, but is that really the case? There’s only one way to find out for certain. ”I can relate to some extent, but then again, profession-wise I have always been a businessman.”
[break][break]
And he had been raised to be a criminal.
[break][break]
Change in organisations, in regions, but his professions remain.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

SKIP ♡

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 19:56:36 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Thomas joins in his laughter, wondering, briefly, if he shares the sentiment. He finds the answer on a firm inhale of breath. “You are a better man than I,” he confesses, not doubting for a moment that Mars has his own skeletons and is fully prepared to be rid of them by the pinnacle of his life, however timely, or otherwise, his demise. “My enemies are numerous and my philosophy, petty.”
[break][break]
He turns to fix Mars with a knowing look, smile thin but genuine, eyes bright. “There is an old myth. Of a heroine, whose name was Praxidike. Her lover told her it meant ‘justice’. To her, it was ‘vengeance’. To many, it is the same.”
[break][break]
He doesn’t, of course, know Mars’ history. Not the specifics. But he knows the type. Knows the feeling. The sadness. The loneliness. The way one carries themselves through the world with their chin up to avoid crossing eyes with their skeletons.
[break][break]
There’s a childlike giggle of haunting laughter and a startled Grumpig bursts from behind a tall tree, wisps of shadows clinging to its aubergine skin like spiderwebs. Helena pursues it, knocking it down at the knee with a well-aimed power gem, sending its portly body rolling, bruised, across the grass. Thomas sighs, shifts a Pokeball from his pocket, and fires it at the thing.
[break][break]
“That is the thing about change, isn't it?” he asks, voice light with flippancy. “For good or ill, things do not stay the same.”

| catch attempt grumpig
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 23:41:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MISMAGIUS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYWAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MYSTICAL FIRE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGICAL LEAF

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GARDEVOIR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TELEPATHY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DREAM EATER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LIFE DEW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE GRUMPIG!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 3:31:11 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Mars listens, and as he listens, he watches, wondering about . They say ’It takes one to know one’, and in the banker’s experience, that much is often indeed the case. It is today. Now. Here.
[break][break]
”Then we have something in common.” He admits, but a smile remains at his lips, for soon enough the conversation moves on to tales he’s all too familiar with. Mythology has always been a favourite of his, but perhaps that’s to be expected from a man who goes by the name of a war deity.
[break][break]
The Exacter of Justice. A personal favourite of mine, honestly. You have good taste, Nightingale.”
[break][break]
As they talk, Mars’ gaze wanders over their surroundings, calmly inspecting them. He’s searching, always, but as per usual, the Symbol Pokémon don’t seem to be present. It’s what he expects. They have always been elusive, haven’t they?
[break][break]
”Would you not want things to stay the same if they were extremely good?” He asks out of curiosity then.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

SKIP ♡

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 15:17:27 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Thomas has always had a passion for mythology. He enjoys a lesson wrapped in a story. It’s why he became a professor of literature, and philosophy.

Well, he became a professor because he needed a cover story. But the subject was his to choose.

“Thank you, Mr. Del Mar,” he says, unable to stop himself from preening at the appreciation of his metaphor of choice. He was human, after all. “I must admit I have been accused of many things, but being tasteless is, thankfully, not one of them.”

Helena materializes out of the gloom, another Mismagius close behind her. The two are playing ghost-tag. Nightingale waits until the wild Mismagius is marked (with a Shadow Ball) before bopping it with a Pokeball.

“I have always felt it is in the human nature to be unsatisfied, after a time. We would not know the phrase too much of a good thing, if it were not true. Thus, I would love to say no, but I don’t believe in fighting against the current of the human temperament.” His chuckle is dry. “Nor do I think myself above it. Amazingly.”

| catch attempt mismagius
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 22:48:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GASTLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DESTINY BOND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEAN LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CURSE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MALAMAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CONTRARY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WRAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOPSY TURVY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYWAVE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE MISMAGIUS!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 21:59:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]THE MALAMAR FLEES!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CONTRARY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WRAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOPSY TURVY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYWAVE