awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the fish before time
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 22:55:52 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
When she'd put out the call for research specimens, Memo'd made a mental note to keep an eye out for an opportunity to help, never actually imagining he'd be able to contribute in a meaningful way. It wasn't till much later that he realized, duh, Guillermo, you have a Pokemon she can study.

Clad in his Politoed swim trunks, he wades into the shallow water, tepid enough to be comfortable; above, a bright sun reflects off the calm surf. Nothing even hints at the disaster looming, far above them, in Hoenn's astral space.

"This isn't going to hurt her, right?" he asks, placing a hand on Titanic's expansive back; his tone is cautionary but friendly. He trusts Eva, though he doesn't necessarily trust the scientific process.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the fish before time
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 3:45:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The first water-type samples from the Space-Time Distortions! What a treat! There were rumors of two . . . maybe three? Rumors are rumors and Eva doesn’t trust them all.

[break][break]

Being out in the hot summer sun in the water definitely didn’t hurt and did make this much more pleasant. Eva smiles brightly, emerald green eye hidden behind some large sunglasses. She came dressed in her own bright green bikini and jean shorts, “She’s a real sight to behold!” Eva whistles, shaking her head and inspecting the pokemon as it floats before her.

[break][break]

She glances over at Memo at his concern. It’s valid, no one wants their pokemon unnecessarily hurt, “We’ll only what she’s comfortable with. I certainly don’t want to stress her out too much,” Eva offers a assuring smile.

[break][break]

“We can chit chat while she gets use to me first if you like,” her attention briefly moves towards her floating RotomPhone, “I’d love to snap a few pics for my record if that’s ok.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the fish before time
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 0:19:16 GMT
“Thanks,” Memo says, unable to stop from preening under the (region renowned) professor’s praise-- even though Titanic was doing all the work. He patted her head gently, like a proud father appraising his mid-life crisis sports car. “She broke my nose when I first found her. And then almost broke my neck when she evolved.”

For her part, Titanic was content to float calmly in the shallow water, occasionally moving forward with a little twitch of her fins or pulse of her tail when the currents moved her about. She wasn’t at all bothered by Eva’s approach-- honestly, after sitting and drying out on the beach for fifteen minutes trying to get to climb on her back, anything was preferable.

“She’s pretty calm,” Memo said, looking down in fond appreciation. “But she’s definitely a Ghost, of some fashion or another.”

Alex’s Ghost-dar had pinged fit to bursting, so that was confirmation enough.

“Oh, pictures!” Memo said, a lightbulb going off over his head. He stumbled forward a little bit. “I can get out of the way, hold up.” He sloshed up towards the shore.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the fish before time
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 20:52:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

With Memo and the Basculegion’s permission, she snaps her fingers, giving the RotomPhone the signal to move forward with the command. It buzz to life, chimes and floats around the floating Basculegion while Eva observes and inspects, “Be sure to get some good side shots, ok?”

[break][break]

“A ghost you say?” Eva half turns to face Memo now that he had moved out of the way, “There seem to be a lot of partial ghost-types popping up from these anomalies,” she tilts her head and inspects the Bascuegion, it did seem to have some ghost-like properties, “This will be the third one I’ve studied,” Wherever - or whenever - these variants came from, being a ghost-type must have its perks, some sort of evolutionary advantage.

[break][break]

“Have you noticed any new moves or abilities?” New moves also seemed to be a common theme.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the fish before time
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 21:55:20 GMT
He came up onto the warm sand, golden silt sticking to his wet feet and ankles. The Rotomphone churned the air with a light buzzing, not unlike an insect.

“Yeah,” he said, realizing as he said it he didn’t have any concrete evidence to give her. If only Alex were here. “I-- have a friend who is very in tune to these things.” He gave her a smile and a half shrug, as though apologizing. It wasn’t quantifiable data. But Alex’s ghost-dar had never been wrong.

He did note, with a sort of stinging pride, that there had been no hesitation in the words he’d used. Friend. He’d already broached that subject once and been respectfully rebuked. It wouldn’t hurt him any to be patient.

Titanic turned her head, shifting in a C-shape to show Eva her tail of pluming smoke. She did a full turnaround in the water, like a veritable fashion model.

“I haven’t seen anything too special,” he said, tilting his head to look down at his Very Big Fish, “but I haven’t used her in combat much. But…”

He frowned, as though debating whether or not he actually wanted to say what he was going to say next.

“I do get the feeling that she’s quite… sad. Like an overwhelming feeling of it.” He winced. More speculative nonsense. “Sorry, that probably doesn’t help much.”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the fish before time
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 19:27:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The RotomPhone does its job, and Eva only give little directions when she feels it’s not the right angle or photo she wants. Photo-documentation is key to a thoroughly record. When the device is finished, it buzzes back over to hover before her while she scrolls through the photos quickly with a critical eye.

[break][break]

“Again, seems to be a trend,” she smiles, waving the device out from in front of her face so she could glance towards Memo, “I studied another variation recently, belonged to . It was a Typhlosion variation that also displayed ghost-type changes. He also described it as “sad” compared to its previous personality,” her lips twitch into a grin, “I call it ‘The Ghost-type Gloom,” it seems to be a trend through even the various known species.

[break][break]

Eva waves off Memo’s speculation, “Psshhh never think that. You know your pokemon better than anyone and would be the first one to notice any changes which is very important – never leave that out.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the fish before time
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 20:27:36 GMT
Memo tilted his head to peer down at his beloved Fish. “Huh,” he said, hand on one hip, doofy smile slowly spreading across his face. “Good to know I’m not just going crazy, then.” It felt nice to be validated, especially when it came to something as immaterial as a feeling that he could very well have been making up.

“How many of these weird variations have you studied?” he asked, sloshing back out into the water to place a hand on Titanic’s head.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the fish before time
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 19:06:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva matches his smile, shaking her head in dismissal of his self doubt, “Always trust your instincts when it comes to your pokemon – you know them best!” It’s something she’ll preach over and over again just like she is now. It may be redundant, but it’s important.

[break][break]

His question gives her pause as she ticks through her encounters in her head, “Ooohhh about 13 now, I think,” she shrugs her shoulders, “After a distortion pops up, I get a flood of emails asking about new variations. I’m planning on writing a little book to describe them so people have it on hand,” and that way she doesn’t have to respond to 100’s of emails.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the fish before time
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 13:05:09 GMT
It was remarkably relieving, to be assured that he knew his Pokemon. Such a simple thing.

"Thirteen?” Memo parrots, arms crossed. “Oh, wow, that’s a lot. You must be busy.” He ran a hand along Titanic’s head. “What’s the craziest thing you’ve found?”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the fish before time
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 4:13:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva has seen quite a bit, and since it all seems so new, it’s all quite exciting! It’s hard to pick a single thing that has been the most interesting, and she says that much, “It’s all been exciting. I guess . . .” she thinks for another moment, “I guess the new moves perhaps? Well . . . old moves if the data I have is accurate,” her smile brightens, “The leading theory is that these alternative forms and ‘new’ evolutions are actually extinct,” she corrects herself quickly, “Well, not any more though.”

[break][break]

She catches herself, “You know what, maybe that’s the most interesting thing! That they seem to be from the past. Suggest the distortions themselves are breaks in the timeline. I don’t think these extinct species originated from Hoenn though, which add a bit of spice to it.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the fish before time
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 3:34:05 GMT
Eva lights up like a friggin’ megawatt lightbulb whenever she talks about something interesting-- which, Memo is led to believe, a lot, by just how frequently she flares up. She talks about her discoveries like a wine mom looking at a very extensive tasting menu, like there’s just too much to sample, and nothing she could pick would be bad.

He wrinkles his nose. “Extinct?”

He tries to follow along as she explains it but he just sort of gets lost-- which is funny because it’s frankly a simple concept.

“What gives you the impression they’re from the past?” he asks, head tilted. “As opposed from, like… the future?” And then he wants to smack himself because it sounds dumb as hell. What else would be opposed to the past, you nitwit?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the fish before time
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 4:51:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva can tell by the way he wrinkles his nose that he is skeptical. In all honesty, she still is too. There’s just not enough data for her to truly be convinced but . . . would there ever be? She’s getting close though, she knows it!

[break][break]

“Good question,” she praises Memo’s astute inquiry, “Well, a few specimen I have studied are variants of Voltorb and Electrode. They seem to be part grass type and made of an extremely dense wooden material,” she explains as she pulls up an article she published on her RotomPhone. She ushers the device to go show Memo, “I carbon dated some samples and they appear to be 400-500 years old,” she lets that sink in.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the fish before time
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 15:23:18 GMT
Eva’s RotomPhone buzzes over to show him the article she published. He squints at the screen as the device floats back and forth a bit before steadying on a readable distance from his face.

"Wood? Really? How weird.” It was bizarre to think of Pokemon in general being made out of a natural substance-- living, breathing things gave the impression of being made of flesh and blood. But even then he knew there were exceptions to the rule on his own team.

But things like metal and steel seemed more plausible than-- than wood. He frowned a little.

“This makes a lot of connections between, like, human evolution and Pokemon evolution that make my head spin. I don’t envy you, fascinating as it may be.” He flashed her a grin. “Do you need anything else from us?”

dont think too hard
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the fish before time
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 22:55:34 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It is all quite strange and exciting! Eva happily tucks the RotomPhone back into her pocket when Memo is done with it.

[break][break]

“t is quite difficult to wrap your head around, isn’t it?” Changes to the ‘norm’ were never rightfully accept. It’s difficult to convince someone who was taught one thing their whole life that it may be different. It comes with slow, progressive change.

[break][break]

Eva thinks for a moment before shaking her head, “No, I believe that’s it,” she extends a hand to shake Memo’s as a formal goodbye and in gratitude, “Thank you so much for letting me examine Titanic! It’s been very enlightening! If oyu come across any others, let me know!”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the fish before time
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 22:53:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: