awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
A LETTER FROM A LOVE PAST...
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 4:38:52 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[newclass=.circedandy1]position:relative;margin-right:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/erEq1Mr.gif);width:115px;height:115px;background-size:contain;clip-path: circle(50% at 50% 50%);-webkit-clip-path: circle(50% at 50% 50%);[/newclass][newclass=.circedandyico1]z-index:5;position:absolute;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Lato]
[attr="class","unstabland1"]
[attr="class","unstabland2"]♔ scheduled to be sent 7/15 via the palace clerk
[attr="class","unstabland3"],

I must admit, I don't know for certain what compelled me to leave the comfort of our bed and enter my study to write this just now. As usual, I've awoken an hour or so earlier than you will have. I've never cared for being such an early bird, quite frankly. Though having the privilege to bask in such blissful silence with you, realizing just how lucky I am to be here, as the dreamy morning sunlight filters through sheets of thin white, has grown on me considerably.

These last five months have passed in such a beautiful blur, haven't they? You'll have to pardon my colorful language. Though now I've remembered what urged me to slip away so soundlessly to write this: your birthday is a little under two months away. And I thought to myself that now, right in this very moment, I'd like to try and capture how you make me feel in words.

Outside, the gears of Hammerlocke have begun to turn and its people have spurred themselves on to go about their days. There's still so much out there I want to see and do and explore and experience. And, for the longest time, I thought I would only ever do these things alone. But then you came along and changed that. You changed my world, Luka.

That soft, sweet kiss you blessed me with on Christmas Day, after we'd promised ourselves to each other, still lingers in my heart to this day. Since then, the winds of change have grown softer and kinder. They've become like gentle breezes threading fingers through my hair, whispering of sunlight and happiness and lovely futures with you.

I know I must seem a fool for not placing myself at their mercy sometimes, and for that I apologize. I've never been the sort to pin my affections on the lapel of my coat, darling, but rest assured they are there. Sometimes, in fact, I feel as though my heart will burst. I'll catch myself absentmindedly caressing you in public here and there as a result. Other times, I spend long moments daydreaming about where you are, what you are doing, and what we will do next.

Frankly, I'm afraid to return to Hoenn-- and equally as conflicted about staying here in Galar with you. Sometimes it feels as though the entire universe is closing in on us. And I can't be certain what the future may bring, dove, but I know for certain that I will always endeavour to be there for you, hoping to bring as much colour and purpose and inspiration to your life as you bring into mine.

I must go now, since I can hear Natalie approaching to knock on our door and call us down for breakfast. I'll be sure to have the palace clerk send this to you on your birthday, along with a little present I acquired in Galar's royal square.

I'll know you received them both when you give me that teasing grin of yours.

Eternally yours,

[attr="class","unstabland4"]
dandy ♫

[newclass=.unstabland1]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/4UzrnDR.png);-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 20%, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0 0);clip-path: polygon(50% 20%, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0 0);width:400px;height:200px;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland2]margin-top:-15px;margin-bottom:10px;border-radius:5px;background-color:#80677A;padding:5px;display:inline-block;font:10px Lato;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3]margin-bottom:10px;height:150px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;color:#222;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland4]float:left;margin-top:15px;margin-left:-50px;border-left:200px solid transparent;border-bottom:35px solid #80677A;border-right:200px solid transparent;[/newclass]

the envelope and letter within is attached to a lovely little jewelry box tied shut with a pastel pink ribbon. within it, a diamond studded strip entwines with a lustrous metal strip to form an ornate infinity. floating amid the graceful infinity is a charming heart-shaped pink sapphire in a prong setting. the sparkling diamonds infuse a captivating edge to this 14k rose gold infinity twist pendant.

full image here

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights