snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
PILLAR
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 3:30:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]before the barrier closes around hoenn, a trip begins.

sinnoh... it's been a while.

the air is familiar, cold and biting on her cheeks. and the smell of pine trees makes her giddy, if only for a moment. it's faint, not too overwhelming, and so comforting.

the climb up mt coronet, however?

not so much...

her legs already burn. they've been hiking for what feels like hours.

"how close are we?" she murmurs, eyes drifting away from the snowy path to find felix. and when she does, she smiles.

her gloved hand strays in search for his out of habit.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PILLAR
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 16:24:10 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The snowcaps of Sinnoh's mountain scape were unlike any of the natural beauties hoenn held. Silent and still, they glimmered beneath the reflective warmth of the sun, blinding those who strolled by.

Froslass, who was accustomed to the biting chill of the afternoon's frost, led the group from far up ahead. A spectral guide to the beckoning unown. She'd look back on occasion, but similar to her trainer, her sharpened eyes nearly always kept forward. Behind, Felix kept his infernape close by. Both for his warmth and defenses, the fire ape acted as his contingency plan if the worst were to occur.

Illeana's hand had made itself at home in his, fingers loosely curling between one another, intertwining into a knot he hadn't thought too much about. It had become too natural to notice.

"We should be." His reassuring words didn't hold a candlelight to the information their guide held beneath her cloak, and whild he'd typically tell his companion as much, Illie always asked a bit more from him. And he always obliged.

The farther they traveled up the mountain side, the stiller their environment became. Eventually, their trail became more akin to a delicately crafted painting than actual reality, as the hush whisperings of pokemon fell and only the echoing sounds of harsh winds could be heard scratching against the rock. Whenever it grew too tough, too strong to handle, Felix's arm would find it's place around Illeana's shoulder, firm in it's placement as an anchor.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
PILLAR
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 23:48:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]comfort comes more from his hand than words. she finds the warmth soothing against the frosty cold.

her legs don't quite agree but... she's not used to being in the field as much anymore. after the events in littleroot and the ultra beast war, she had been placed on a strict no field regimen. it's odd being back into the thick of things.

and for her own selfish gains, no less.

she nods in acceptance, choosing to believe him than doubt. they've been on the path long enough, anyway. long enough for trees to grow white snowy caps. somehow, even with the high altitude, the ground is mostly stone and dirt. she had expected more snow, more reminders of home.

"have you ever seen spear pillar before?" it's soft, curious, accompanied with the turn of her head to give him her full attention. her golurk walks quietly at her side, too focused on their surroundings to pay much mind to the scientist's conversation.

the wind has other ideas.

it threatens to swallow her words as it pushes against her. up here, everything seems to come to a stop. the sounds of pokemon cease and silence falls without warning. it leaves a small unease in her bones, as if she's never experienced anything like it. her golurk's low, warning rumble is lost against the wind.

in the stillness, she finds an eerie sensation... as if being watched. it's paranoia at best but it keeps her tense, on edge.

and yet, when felix's arm settles around her shoulders to keep her steady, her body doesn't jump. she relaxes slightly and shifts closer to warmth, to security, to him.

"it's weird how quiet it is."

are they walking onto hallowed ground?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PILLAR
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 2:23:10 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix's jaw tightened as the wind continued to pick up speed, slicing at their cheeks and fingers. The sun's warmth had slowly faded into a long-forgotten memory as a nearby mountaintop swallowed it's image, standing between them and the glimmer of thick gold. The uncanny dim nature of their midafternoon hike, combined with the biting winds, made for an uneasy crawl forward.

"I haven't, no." The answer came from low eyes and thin lips. His arm naturally tugged her closer. It took a second for him to manage to tear his eyes away from her again, forced to refocus on their path ahead. The defeating silence of their surroundings was enough to beckon for his attention.

"...It is." A frown deepened across his face and his eyebrows twitched into a concerned furrow. Hopefully, it was nothing. Froslass looked back over her shoulder, a small nod indicating their close proximity to their destination. Felix returned the notification with a firm nod. "Careful, it's coming up."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
PILLAR
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 3:18:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the height of mt coronet is impressive, even from far away. climbing it, watching scenery change from lush greenery to snowy terrain and then to rocky dirt... it's an experience she's dreamed of since she was small.

and as she folds into felix's side, held close and safe, her eyes dart around as if she can commit it all to memory with just one look.

"it's supposed to be incredible," she murmurs. holy, even. the ruins of a past temple, of a monument to the gods left ruined and tattered. she's only ever seen pictures in books, as a background piece of the creation mythology.

even in photographs, it felt otherworldly. she wonders how it'll feel in person.

silence follows them like shadows, like ghosts. it haunts the edges all around them. the higher they go, the closer they get... the stiller the air becomes. eventually, fierce winds begin to slowly dwindle down to more manageable paces.

"does the quiet have to do with the ruins?" or is it something else?

she can't shake the feeling that it's still for a reason beyond remains of a temple. it's almost as if there's a purpose behind it or a need for absolute silence.

perhaps... it's easier for prayers to be heard in the quiet.

his froslass signals their approach to the monument. and when he speaks confirmation of spear pillar being close, a light sparks in her eyes. excitement quickly overtakes her and she wiggles a little into his side, a smile slowly curling into her cheeks as her head tilts up to look at him.

"ready?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PILLAR
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 0:30:09 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Incredible was a severe overstatement.

Like a black canvas contrasting against the splatters of white and gold, Felix's feelings towards the spear pillar were the night and day from Illeana's. More than anything else, this trip was a means to an end; a way to bridge the gap between them and the trio, and burn it for both themselves and others who may come after.

The stillness in the air beckoned for the man's attention once more, and his jaw tightened in response. "I'm not sure." Voice taut with gravity, the man kept his arm locked around her, ensuring both of them kept close between their pokemon's sides. Froslass, who still kept to the front, looked back over her shoulders and pointed forward; they had arrived.

Sheets of light peaked from above as they hoisted themselves forward. And then they saw it. Pillars of ancient columns reaching up to claw the mystic sky. Rubble from years ago left scattered, forgotten, across the ground, bridging the gaps between the pits that erupted on the ground.

This was it.

This was history.

Maecenas a turpis vel enim finibus imperdiet non id neque. In commodo vestibulum ligula eget porta.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
PILLAR
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 1:51:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while there's a purpose to this trip, she can't help the childlike excitement that bubbles up.

it's unknown, it's foreign, and it's incredible.

a place of myth and legend. a place a younger version of herself had only dreamed of. and it's all right in front of her, beneath her feet. it's tangible, real, no longer in the pages of a book.

she stays tucked into his side for a moment. the warmth of his arm keeps her contained but there's a fidget to her body as if she wants to explore further.

the ruins stretch up toward the sky like fingers reaching for the heavens. they're crumbled pieces of former glory, rubble littering the ground around them.

and yet, she's never seen anything quite as beautiful.

finally, she peels herself away from felix to take the first few steps forward. her hand stays rooted in his, tethering them from straying too far away from the other.

"any place you'd like to start?"

her head turns and her smile brightens a bit further. she feels a pull to the center of the monument but there's so much to take in... she doesn't quite know what to do first.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PILLAR
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 0:09:32 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix's tight expression didn't dare falter.

Even as Illeana fidgeted beneath his grip, bumbling about, giddy trailing each one of her movements; or even when she broke loose, but still kept her hand tethered to his; or even as she turned back to face him with the type of smile that would make anyone's stomach flip in on itself.

His expression willed itself to remain stoic, strong. It had to be-- spirits lurked beneath the hidden shadows of the pillar, and one wrong misstep, one wrong assumption, could lead to injury. Trailing close behind the woman, he jutted his chim out towards the outskirts of the area, directing his froslass to keep on the look out. Infernape, on the other hand, was expected to keep to it's previous directives: remain on the defense.

Downward casted eyes fell back on Illeana, softened by her expression.

"Wherever you want. Just lead the way."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
PILLAR
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 0:33:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he trails slightly behind her and as she grins up at him, he gives her free reign.

whatever she wants... there's a lot she could do with that statement.

"let's look at the center first."

a light tug on their intertwined hands follows.

her golurk rumbles softly, shifting in front of her without hesitation. the titan is cautious, just as felix and his pokemon are, and rightfully so. they don't know what spear pillar holds... whether it's knowledge waiting to be discovered or traps ready to be sprung.

she knows, at least, that they won't let her run head first in without protection. perhaps that's why she's at ease, relaxed and weightless.

a few steps forward are mirrored by her golurk. they move as one cohesive little unit, with her automaton leading and her following closely behind.

her head turns to the left first, as if committing the ruined pillars to memory. and then, to the right...

she lingers on felix for a moment, smile widening, before her gaze continues on to the remaining rubble beyond broad shoulders.

"it's so pretty."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PILLAR
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 6:03:43 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Discovery tickled the rubble and ruins around them, enticing the woman's legs to push them forward toward the center of the pillar. But, despite the allure of its history, his eyes were far more concerned with something else. Or, someone else.

Silence bit down his tongue and the world as he knew it faded into a haze of irrelevance. For a second, time came to a hushed slow, and sound vacuumed out of the air. There was nothing. Only her.

"yeah."

Though, his silent murmur wasn't exactly directed at the pillar's columns.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
PILLAR
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:24:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lightly tugs at his hand with a tighter grip than before.

around them, the wind begins to whip up. it stirs through her hair and then after a moment, stills. there's an eerie sense of something that seems so close yet so far.

her golurk rumbles softly. the ghost can sense it too... the witching hour.

and in the center of the monument lies a pattern: a triangle encased in a square.

she, naturally, drags felix toward it without hesitation.

"what's that?" the question is soft, curious, and childlike.

she steals another glance at felix before taking a few steps closer. she knows, somehow, that he won't stray too far out of reach. perhaps that's why she dances on the edge of adventure, fingers reaching out as she bends to trace the outline of the triangle.

"is this where one would make an offering?"

or... better yet, a prayer?

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PILLAR
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 5:41:38 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Or a prayer?"

Soft footsteps trail the edges of her frantic, excited movements. Gravity kept his body in orbit, allowing his steps to follow hers, only straying for the occasional pause. In the corner of his vision, he could make out the silhouette of his froslass. She hovered beside them, taking a knee before the triangular marking. Infernape, on the other hand, kept to its other side. He lacked the same sense 's golurk held, or the spiritual connection the froslass displayed; he was more grounded in the stale reality of their visit.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,934 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
PILLAR
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 3:36:30 GMT
shiv Avatar

PILLAR

felix x illeana

SHOULD ANY OFFERING OR PRAYER BE MADE, little happens in the physical space. For awhile, it appears no one is there on the other end. No receiver. No response.

But suddenly, (and/or ) are flooded with an overwhelming sense of dread.

At the end of this heart wrenching spiral, a meaning is left. It scorches black the bottom of this anxious descent.

Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃

Their Pokemon can sense it too. The feeling of desertion. There is no god here. No Arceus. But perhaps, there was no god in the first place. Perhaps, Arceus is no god. Just a simple Pokemon after all... The supernatural sensation fades, seeping out from the fingertips, the spine, the toes.

The ruins of SPEAR PILLAR are graced by lonely winds.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
PILLAR
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 2:22:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]at first... there's nothing.

it's still, eerie, and quiet. not even the wind blows. silence falls and it's almost deafening.

and when the beginning of it all occurs, it sends the senses reeling.

it seeps into her body from fingertips and toes until she's covered in an ivy of dread. she gasps and crumples into herself as if she's been hit in the stomach. tears well up and spill over.

in the center of it all is a simple message. it tugs harshly at abandonment wounds and scorches everything black.

Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃.

her golurk rumbles a low, agonizingly hollow sound. there's nothing here, not even ruins.

when the odd, overwhelming sensation fades... she stays on the ground and curls into herself. she pants softly, chest heaving as she struggles to catch her breath. the automaton joins her and a clay hand falls onto her shoulder, solid and comforting.

"i," she starts, stops, and frowns. did felix feel it too? the dread, the desertion, the hopelessness.

her expression tightens into something steely.

"there's nothing here."

the wind begins to blow once more and god, it's lonelier than before.

"not even a trace."

she wants to believe the ruins have been abandoned in favor of another region or another plane... but there's just no way to know. she prays for a god that isn't here and it's torture.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PILLAR
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 2:01:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"I don't really care for religion."

That was what he told the Bishop back in February during Hoenn's infamous speed dating rounds. It felt like an obvious statement back then, and it still was, but the further he spent his time intertwining himself with the mythos plaguing their region, the more he felt himself retracting those words.

When it came to these legends, gods, or whatever the public now thought to call them, the man could only ever find himself falling back to the same, familiar feeling of dread. It was the same emotion that combusted throughout his system whenever his father came home a drunken mess, or when his brother's name appeared in the many files Rocket now kept on him. And it was the same dread that wrung up inside as they stood there in the center of the pillar, looking up towards spirits that had surely abandoned them years ago.

Blacken coal replaced the mercenary's heart as one hollow sentence poured itself throughout his entire body: Ꮤ𐌄 𐋅𐌀ᕓ𐌄 𐌁𐌄𐌄𐌍 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃

Froslass' expression scrunched up and his Infernape released a hollow howl. Both were clearly distressed, but Felix paid neither any attention, as his gaze settled back onto the one person that actually mattered.

If he felt whatever that was, then she must've surely gone through a similar sensation. Or worse.

Kneeling down the opposite side of her loyal golurk, the man firmly wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into a comforting side hug.

"I know," he murmured, "I felt it too."

For a man who long abandoned the meaning of god, there was no revelation to be found here. But for someone like Illeana. Someone so wound up by hope...

"But we'll find it. Wherever they are."