December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
aqua [ M VV ]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 3:34:19 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Nanette was a city girl. The lulling sounds of the metropolis always provided her nighttime ambiance. By now, not even a siren could wake her up. The lack of sound was usually jarring for her. But it wasn’t bad. People often said different places had their sights and even scents, but there was sound, too. In Lumiose City, at least in Nanette neighborhood, the sounds then – the sounds she had always felt were hers – were the clatter of her mother’s heels down the steps, cars outside, and the clink of silverware from the café across the street. In Slateport, it was the bazaar, the waves, the cries of the wingull, and the crack and hiss of sodas being opened.

Dewford Town was notably subdued in comparison, but it was a good kind of different. Nanette breathed in deep. The air was crisp and salty, and smelled faintly of damp earth from Granite Cave. The ocean seemed to roar along with the children in Slateport, but here it was…soft. As gentle as the kiss of waves against the sand. Some people were still fiddling with their boats for the next day, others were untangling their nets, and everyone seemed to know each other. The chatter was amiable, and the sound still carried even up the first flight of stairs of the lighthouse.

Nanette hugged her knees as she waited. This was a job for two. She had the medical expertise (somewhat. She was still studying, after all), but if this was a missing Pokémon case? It was best to tackle this was two people, at least.

She perused her first aid kit one more time before she stood. Nanette could hear footsteps mounting the stairs. Her partner for today, it would seem. The smile Nanette put on was easy, well-practiced. She held out her hand to shake.

Good evening! I’m Nettie. I hope it wasn’t a difficult trip out here. Are you ready to see what’s going on?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
aqua [ M VV ]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 21:59:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You need a break,"
[Break][break]
Finger pressed up against the glass, bags of purple hanging below the eye, these were the words she told her earlier that morning. Ever since the barrier's encroachment on hoenn's terrain, work had nearly tripled with reports flooding in about the most manic shit possible. People were scared -- and rightly so. Alas, the woman wanted, no, desperately needed a relaxing break to ease her body back into the midsummer air.
[Break][break]
"Oh, sorry love, I just got to the lighthouse. I'll call you back later." With a soft kiss into the phone, the woman clicked it off and slid it back into her jean pocket, eyes already sweeping up the entrance of the looming pillar of brick. The cool touch of the door's metal handle stung her fingers as she pulled it open, bracing herself for the rush of sea winds and unkept mildew. The soft sound of converse meeting wooden steps echoed off it's walls as she charged through the perilous climb, only stoppping at the sound of an unfamiliar voice.

"Oh, hey." She offered a smile through soft, exhausted puffs. Maybe she should join 's morning jogs more often... "Yeah, yeah, I'm ready to roll."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @nanette [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
aqua [ M VV ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 1:42:45 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

God, this poor woman looked exhausted. It did little – if anything – to detract from her beauty, but there were bags under her eyes that Nanette knew all too well. Still, it would have been rude to comment on it outright. Nanette’s smile in return was warm and gentle. She nodded once, turning to mount the stairs. Now she wasn’t a slacker by any means in terms of physical fitness, but stairs were the worst. Even her cousin’s self-proclaimed gym-rat friend, Milo, complained about stairs. At the summit of the stairs, Nanette felt her legs ache and her breathe come in heavier, more deliberate.

I really can’t stand stairs,” Nanette muttered, hands braced on her hips. She glanced over her shoulder with a rueful smile. “Are you doing alright, miss?

Once she had caught her breath, she pushed the door open. It creaked against her palm. There was a morose-looking ampharos curled up on its little bed. It raised its head when it realized it had two visitors, but not much else. Nanette’s brows furrowed in concern. The room seemed quaint enough, if not a little barren. The ampharos heaved a very long, sad sigh.

Oh, darling,” Nanette’s voice had gone soft and low, soothing.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
aqua [ M VV ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 3:27:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Another deep breath heaved out from her lips as continued to follow the woman up the remaining set of stairs.
[break][break]

"I absolutely hate them."

[break][break]

Stairs -- man's one common enemy to fend against. Sure, she could've been in better shape before making the climb up, but maybe, just maybe, the stairs should've been easier to climb in the first place. When the duo eventually reached the top, Penelope would take a second to let out another heavy breath before following her into the barren room.
[break][break]

Cold, isolated, and alone, the small Ampharos was the poster child of Pokemon neglect. "Poor thing," She cooed, eyebrows furrowing into a concerned line across her forehead. "You must've been so lonely."
[break][break]

A short arc of red spilled from the woman's tote, and before she could say anything else, Remy Fritzgerald had already begun running over to the other pokemon, arms wide and mouth open. The young flaaffy mewled cute baaa's upon contact with the other.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-flaaffy"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]