December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 15:43:55 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

It wasn’t something she broadcast to the world, but it wasn’t exactly hidden, either.

Nanette had done theater in school, and she had loved it.

Had she ever dreamed of becoming an actress? For a day or two, maybe, but that was it. Mostly, though, she had just liked it.

If someone were to scroll through her old photos on social media, they would see her in all sorts of costumes on the stages of her school. The literal flower (because her first ever stage role had been Flower 3 in the second grade) had grown into a princess (because her last role in high school had been a singing princess opposite to a beast character), and that princess was now a cadet and part-time student who wanted an espresso to feel human.

Nanette could not pinpoint what exactly had happened. She had been in line for her coffee, and then someone had accosted her – all big, glittering eyes and words going at a mile a minute. They had talked about a new direct-to-stream special, about how she looked perfect for the part, and now Nanette was letting someone fuss at her hair while she studied the script. Really, she didn't have time for this...but someone had asked; she could never say no.

And she had never gotten her coffee.

This is cute,” Nanette said quietly.

Her reaction was very understated for the sheer joy she was feeling. This was a romantic film. Saccharine sweet, very corny, and oh so up her alley. There were even blatant references to poetry and other classic plays. Was she dreaming? It would only be complete if she had something cloyingly sweet to drink.

Excuse me – where’s my…co-star?

She still had no dreams of fame, but there was that little thrill that ran right through her when she said those words. Co-star.

Right over there!

Nanette stood, running a hand over the elaborate braid. She hadn’t stopped to check, but just a touch told it was almost shaped like a…halo? For the costume party scene, apparently. She met her companion half-way, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Were you plucked off the street for this too?” Nanette asked, amused.

@ none | mission
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 17:43:08 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Marshall had not quite been accosted on the street as Nanette had been, no. His recruitment for this film had been more roundabout, involving his agent, a fat check he was told he could not refuse, and a promise that acting in the lead role might look good on his résumé. And unlike Nanette, his experience with acting was a little more like what they were about to do, but not by a wide margin. After all, he could hardly compare televised product advertisements to, er, a romantic comedy.

At least his co-star (damn, this was really a big deal, wasn't it?!) looked like a girl who could have a fun time and might forgive him for any awkward slip-ups. Marshall flashed her his most winning smile.

"Eh, something like that," he said with a laugh. "First time on the big screen. Well. Kind of. I'm not really an actor," he admitted. He felt more like a fool, to be honest, dressed in the fake suit of armor that was his costume for the aptly named costume party scene they were supposed to film first. But he would give it his best shot.

"I'm Marshall, by the way," he introduced himself, extending a hand with full intention to kiss the back of hers like the gallant knight he was apparently supposed to be. "What's your name?"

NOTES
+ Mission: A Star is Born
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 18:08:58 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Her co-star cut a dashing figure. Red, red hair, a chainmail shirt and shiny (and most definitely fake) pauldrons. Nanette could only hope she wouldn’t drag him down as far as appearances. One of the production assistants was bustling about, helping her into the angel wings to complete the costume. And while Nanette was sure she wasn’t a vision in white, she couldn’t help but feel a little pretty in the ensemble.

It’s a bit daunting to put on a performance in front of the camera, but I’m sure you’ll do wonderfully. It’s like playing pretend, but a refined grown-up version, so to speak.

And what child hadn’t pretended they were a Dragonite or speed racer growing up? She had certainly pretended to be a princess waiting for her prince.

Lovely to meet you,” Nanette said, smiling. “Nanette. But, please, just call me Nettie.

In his costume, Marshall looked the picture-perfect knight. She would be lying if she said she wasn’t a little frazzled. It was like her most indulgent daydreams coming true.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 21:12:09 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
"Nettie, then," Marshall repeated, smiling at her finished ensemble, with the white dress and angel wings. He had to admit, she was cute. If he was going to pretend to fall in love with her for the next hour or so — however long they needed to shoot takes — at least it would be easy.

An assistant called them to the set before Marshall could say anything else. Together, he and Nanette wandered over. The set was massive, decorated to look like several rooms of a posh mansion. Actors and extras milled about in their own ridiculous costumes. Someone ushered the two stars (stars!) into one of the 'rooms', with a miniature stage, large aquarium filled with small fish Pokémon, and several seated actors. A regal, older woman in a white dress stood on the stage while three men in suits stood behind her, each one carrying a violin.

An assistant positioned Nanette to the far side of the aquarium while a second one sprayed Marshall's face and hair with water. "You've just dunked your face in a sink," the man explained as she pushed Marshall's hair back into just the right style. He remembered reading that part in the script and assumed they'd film it later.

The crew took their positions. Marshall faced the sink he had to pretend he'd just emerged from, water dripping down his head onto his fake suit of armor.

"Costume party, take one," someone said loudly, followed by the sharp clack of the clapperboard.

Music started playing as the woman on stage started to sing. Marshall looked into the mirror above the sink, saw the fish swimming in its reflection, and slowly turned toward the aquarium with an awed expression. He knew that Nanette hid on the other side, but he also knew he wasn't supposed to see her yet. So he focused on the fish, pretending to be entranced by their movements and the beauty of the aquarium display itself, and approached with slow and steady steps.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 21:47:45 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Here was another thing about Nanette. Not quite a secret, but nothing she shouted from rooftops, either.

She was a romantic. As foolish as they came, who loved reading declarations of fictional love, cinematic kisses in the rain, poetry – and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

So playing a role of a young woman utterly entranced by a handsome stranger? It was almost too easy, and it hit a little too close to home. The scene was unfolding – the singer crooning into the microphone, the bright light of the fish tanks, and the extras milling about in fanciful costumes. Nanette knew her role – a young woman, sheltered but vivacious with a taste for adventure – and knew what she had to do. The screenplay was simple enough. Star-crossed lovers would lock eyes through the tank, and that would be the catalyst for a delightfully sweet adventure with a lot of humor and plenty of costume changes (which was the way the flighty director had pitched the film to her at the coffee shop).

Remoraid and luvdisc swam lazily through the tank. A shellder blinked at her slowly then stuck its tongue out by way of greeting. Nanette stooped to gaze back, laughing a little.

Then came The Moment (marked in the script with bolded letters and aggressive highlighting). A peek through coral, their eyes meeting.

A tall, strong man with fiery red hair and fiery eyes? It was too easy to act like a besotted schoolgirl. Nanette averted her gaze as if shy and flustered. The armor looked good on Marshall, the music was beautiful, and that over-excited little theater kid deep in her heart was rearing its head again. Her smile was going from shy to effusive, no holds barred. It was a child’s sort of love – that sort of boundless, fearless love. Something like wildfire.

And – god – Nanette remembered those kinds of crushes all too well. She had a lot of experience to draw from.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 23:08:43 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Nanette's smile, shy at first but blooming into a beaming grin, was infectious. Marshall didn't need to act, not really, not when her face brightened at the sight of him. He tempered his own grin as he played with her from the other side of the aquarium, allowing it to widen as he moved in to touch his nose to the glass. When Nanette giggled, Marshall allowed himself a little laugh. It was off-script, but the director didn't stop him.

Actually, the next part of the script said Marshall had to 'plead silently with her', whatever that meant. So Marshall opened his mouth as if to speak, but instead tried to convey a question with his eyes. "How the fuck did we find ourselves here?" they would have said. Hopefully it expressed the proper sense of wonder he was supposed to be feeling.

An actress playing Nanette's character's… maid, or something, appeared from out of nowhere and looked aghast at Marshall. She said some words — he really did not know the script outside of his own lines — and dragged Nanette away through a door.

"Cut!" the director finally yelled. "From the top. Let's do another take."

The crew and cast burst into action as they reset themselves and the scene. Marshall's entire body relaxed as he let go of the persona he had been holding onto that whole time. Damn, film was much more difficult than commercials.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 23:59:39 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Third time was apparently the charm. When the director announced that this scene was finished and that they could take a break, Nanette heaved a sigh. It was definitely more intensive than when she had been flouncing about on her high school stage, but it wasn’t awful. This was just a direct-to-stream film, after all. The stylist adjusted her hair and some of her lip gloss before bounding off. Nanette rounded the corner of the fish tank, beaming.

You’re doing great. How are you enjoying it so far?

There was movement all around them – production assistants and their Pokémon, interns grabbing this and that, and other actors chattering away happily now that they had a moment of reprieve. This, at least, was familiar. All the kinetic energy and the liveliness. Nanette half-expected to see her old drama teacher burst through the door with their giant glasses and gauzy shawls.

The shellder was starting to doze off (tongue still out, of course). Nanette ran her fingers over ther smooth, cool glass and watched as a remoraid followed. Then her gaze fell on Marshall again, and she was smiling still.

This is your first time acting, isn’t it? You’re doing amazing, really,” she said.

The scene had been virtually free of dialogue, but Marshall’s expressions had been fantastic. From his body language to the subtle tics of his face, he had done wonderfully. With such a good-looking counterpart, Nanette had found it almost too easy to fall into the character’s girlish interest. (She would definitely be marathoning a good chunk of her romantic films when she got home. Her gallade would roll his eyes, but he always sat through them with her.)

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 0:17:26 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Thank Arceus the director was happy after three takes, because Marshall could feel himself growing more and more desperate in his facial acting with every redo. He accepted a bottle of water from some aide and was chugging it when Nanette approached him.

"It's fucking hard!" the redhead admitted with an easy laugh. "And this scene is all eye contact and lusting after your character, so it's not like I have much dialogue to help me." He said it so casually, not thinking about the fact he had only met Nanette mere hours ago.

The person in charge of feeding the entire staff came in and announced that lunch had arrived, prompting everyone to stir with excitement and start shuffling toward the break room. Not all of them could squeeze into the smaller space, of course, so Marshall hung back. He glanced over at Nanette to find her looking at him, a smile still curling her lips.

"It's not my first time acting, actually," he admitted. "I've done commercials before, like for men's deodorant or shaving cream. It's nowhere near as much acting as this film stuff, though." He chuckled. "You're really good, too. Your emotions are so real, like for a second or two, I forgot we were actually just pretending to like each other."

NOTES
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 1:26:59 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

I was in the drama club when I was younger, but you’re taking to this really well, Marshall,” Nanette said laughingly. “I’m glad my acting made it easier for you. It helps that you’re making a good impression and that you’re handsome.

It was a very casual and calm admission. Men like Marshall did not take interest in mousy women like her, anyway. She was content in the silence that followed and making silly faces at the Pokémon in the tank. The catered food was here, so he would probably go ahead. Once everyone had gotten their fill, Nanette would see if there was anything left. If there wasn’t, that was fine. She could run and get a bag of chips from a vending machine. Everyone else ought to fill up; Nanette would be fine.

Only Marshall was hanging back. Nanette glanced at him curiously.

Aren’t you going to eat with everyone else? If you haven’t eaten yet, you really should. The leading man needs to stay in tip-top shape.

It was partly a jest, but, mostly, she was serious in her care and concern – however mild it was.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 11:22:36 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Marshall watched Nanette turn to the aquarium and play with the Pokémon, making faces at them as they swam around, curious about all the commotion. Her concern about his health was touching, but he didn't need a reminder to eat. Truth be told, he was starving, but like hell he would try to jostle for a sandwich. No, he could wait even a few minutes. And anyway, something about Nanette's gentle dismissal of him gave Marshall the impression that she expected to be left alone. Was it because she truly wanted to be? Or was there something else on her mind?

"Let's eat together," he offered without a second thought. He wasn't the kind of man who gave second thoughts to things. "And let's get coffee later when we're all done filming for the day. My treat."

He grinned, hoping his dashing good looks (that she admitted to!) would be enough for her to say yes. And it would be a nice change of pace from the crowded set. They could find a small café, somewhere cozy with a "just friends hanging out" vibe. After all, he and Nanette didn't know each other. The last thing he wanted to do was scare her.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 15:03:14 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Oh, are you sure?

This was a man who clearly was at ease in front of the camera, if not for film. Marshall was easy to talk to, amiable and gregarious and very clearly good-looking. So it was a wonder as to why Mr. Leading Man was talking to her, let alone insisting they eat together and that he’d buy her coffee. It wasn’t a trap – this wasn’t high school – but Nanette was a tad confused. Did she look so pitiable that he felt the need to join her?

Thank you, Marshall. You really don’t have to buy me coffee later, but I’m more than happy to have lunch with you.

And if he insisted, Nanette would simply pay him back somehow. Rarely did she leave any gift-giving unreturned. He was very kind to even offer. Another glance told her that the break room was beginning to empty. People were funneling out with their hard-earned prizes (lunch) and scattering to their favored nooks and crannies.

Shall we?” Nanette offered her arm with an amused smile – as if she were the gentleman and Marshall the lady she wanted to charm.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 15:19:20 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Marshall laughed and took her arm. So what if the roles were reversed? "Hey, hey, I said I'll get the coffee, so I'll get the coffee!" he insisted good-naturedly as the pair made their way into the break room to grab lunch for themselves. "We can grab my phone while we eat and look up a place with good reviews. No way I'm bringing a girl on a date to somewhere new if it's shit."

A date. He did not mean it seriously, but that's what it would be, even the people involved were only on friendly terms. Truth be told, Marshall didn't often have opportunities hang out with pretty girls like Nanette; his training schedule and endorsement gigs filled up most of his days with work, work, and more work. On the rare chances he did go out, he'd grabbed lunch with or done some community work for the Rangers. But neither Tam nor the Rangers were particularly cute. (Sorry, Tam.)

At the table laden high with sandwiches, bags of chips, and large bowls of salad, Marshall paused to consider that Nanette might already have a favorite coffee shop in Lilycove. "Unless, of course, there's a café you usually go to?"

NOTES
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 19:14:23 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

He said date, and Nanette was an adult. She knew dates could be as platonic as they were romantic. Still, the romantic in her was always going to be a tad unreasonable; she couldn’t help the tiniest flutter of her pulse. Her cheeks felt warm, but it was fine. She knew better. And it wasn’t as if she hadn’t been on dates before. None of them had amounted to much. Perfunctory greetings, texts that said they ought to meet again soon but they never did, and the like.

I’m fine with any. Each café has their own charm.

Which was why she varied which one she went to for her studies. Some she went to late at night because of their hours, others she went to early because they had cupcakes to die for, and she would be remiss if she didn’t get one before they sold out for the day. Nanette perused the labels of the sandwiches before settling on a pastrami on rye.

There was a knock on the door. The flighty director was half-draped over the door frame, and their expression was nothing short of wild delight.

“Great to see you two are getting along…because our next scenes will be a little spicy!”

And then the director was skipping off. Nanette’s expression was practiced and collected…but her ears were bright red as she said –

That’s show biz, I suppose.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
glitter [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 4:52:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: